Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Blood and Roses

Started by Rhindeer, January 24, 2005, 01:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Pain. That was the first sensation that entered Lhakya’s groggy, waking mind, a sharp, biting pain all over, stabbing into his flesh, cutting into his skin like a million tiny barbs. But there was another pain, too, one that throbbed in the side of his head, and as his unnatural sleep gradually began to wear off, he became aware of other sensations, as well. A sticky wetness that slowly crawled down the side and front of his face, a feeling that was mirrored in a hundred other places, though to a much lesser extent…

And a faint, tantalizing scent, a scent that sent off warning signals in Lhakya’s confused mind: the bittersweet smell of copper and overpowering scent of roses.

Roses? Lhakya grimaced slightly, slowly working his eyes open, though he wasn’t so sure he really wanted to, and not just because of the pain that blazed suddenly within them. He didn’t know why that seemed important or significant, but his mind really wasn’t functioning at its best right now, and he was painfully aware of that. His thoughts felt as though they were coming to him through a thick fog, though they were surprisingly lucid once they finally registered. Well, clear for someone who had suffered a head injury, at least, and Lhakya knew he had suffered at least that much. What had happened to lead up to this, though, he really couldn’t remember at the moment. And as for the other pains, he wouldn’t be able to say what had caused them and how bad they were until his eyes started functioning. Right now, though, there was no difference between what he saw behind veiled eyelids. Just pure black, and every eye-blink sent pain coursing through his eyes.

He was pretty screwed up, that was certain.

Painstakingly slow, as he waited for both his vision and any increment of strength to return, he attempted to piece together what had happened prior to, apparently, being knocked silly, but it seemed as though that tidbit of knowledge had been knocked from his brain in the process. He <I>knew</I> he’d gotten in a scuffle of sorts…but that was nothing new for him. Fighting was a part of life for a creature that was both predator and prey.

That last thought, however, unnerved him as soon as it occurred to him, his hazy mind working as quickly as it could under his body’s stress. Obviously, he hadn’t come out on the long end of things, and that brought up a series of potential…problems. He had fought with someone. <I>Who</I> and <I>why</I> had they been fighting? He hadn’t come out well…but how well had his opponent? Who had initiated the attack? Where was he now?

Who had been the hunter, and who the hunted?

His vision was not yet clearâ€"far from itâ€"he still felt infinitely exhausted, his head hurt, and, hell, his body hurt all over, but those thoughts spurred him to action. There were so many unknowns. He couldn’t take a chance. He <I>had</I> to get out of here, wounded and sightless and tired or not.

But, to add to his long list of problems, another one made itself known as soon as he attempted to move. Pain shot through his body, those pinpricks of pain heightening, and then as he shifted he could actually <I>feel</I> a hundred tiny barbs driving deeper into his flesh, and feel something tangled about his limbs. Immediately his struggles stopped, pain, dizziness, and sheer exhaustion, both from blood loss and his head wound, staying his attempts at freedom.

And it was then that the previous odd smell of roses clicked in his mind.

In this case, he had been the hunted.

And, apparently, his captor had a creative, if sadistic, means of making sure his victims would not escape. Lhakya could not see what had been done, but now he knew what had. He could feel it...

Indeed, there, in the woods, blood smeared thickly across his eyes and matting his jaw-length hair, which was black save for a patch of reddish brown in the front, a young human slumped where he was confined, tangled in an unnatural mass of thorny, blood spattered vines. At least…on first glance he looked a human, save that his ears were pointed, and if he were to bare his teeth, his canines would be dangerously sharp. On closer glance, claws also tipped each finger where blunt human nails should have been.

A few rose blossoms, red as the blood that dripped from the many lacerations on his body, grew from those vines, only adding to the scene’s gruesome appearance. But their scent was strong and sweet, overriding the bitter scent of freshly spilt blood. Clearly, it was a small measure taken so as to better hide the soon to be kill from other potential predators while still ensuring a successful torture.

Breathing heavily with exertion, Lhakya’s eyes shut for a moment, their color undetermined with the blood so thick around and in them, and he took a deep, calming breath. He had to get out of here. And quick. He doubted any predator would leave their prey alone for long. Shit. How he was going to get away...that was another story. He couldn't move without pain. He couldn't use his hands, for each was wrapped tightly, thorns piercing his wrists. He couldn't see...

It was indeed getting increasingly difficult to breathe calmly, but he held onto what rationale he had and racked his fuzzy brain for something, anything, that could lead him out of this mess.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Walking in the open land, Malebolgia could feel the energies of the Earth flowing through him with each step he took. The goat anthro stood fairly tall, around six feet six inches and did not have much in the way of weight on his body. His horns stood out another four inches making his total height around seven feet tall. The most obvious of goat features could be found in his face, head, and legs. But, his body appeared to be more human than anything else. His hands were just like that of a humans, his chest and stomach as well. To add to his humanly features, Malebolgia wore glasses, mainly to help him read and as a sign of intellect.

As he continued to walk, he picked up a scent, a very familiar scent. Blood....He could tell that from miles away. He quickly ran over to where the smell was the strongest and saw a mesh of tangled vines and flesh. "Wow" He spoke out as he slowed almost to a halt before it. "What an interesting....thing....this is..." He hissed, walking right up beside it. Looking down he noticed that the subject was still alive although, for how long, he could not tell.

Kneeling beside the mesh, Malebolgia could see that the subject was in very bad shape. He could see where the thorns had gone into him and just how bad he was bleeding. "I would be quite amazed if you are still alive and in good shape after this..." He softly spoke before looking around the area to see if any predatorial animals were nearby or on their way to his current location.

Rhindeer

Breathing very softly, both because smaller breaths moved his chest less and, thus, caused less pain and because he was better able to hear, Lhakya soon picked up on the sound of footsteps in the distance, and his body reflexively tensed as he strained to listen, breath held. They were growing closer. Steadily closer. And then, they picked up suddenly, upgraded to what Lhakya could only assume was a run, and a sudden streak on panic coursed through him. The demon was returning...

Without even thinking, he began to struggle desperately in his bonds, feeling the barbs sink in deeper and form little slashes across his flesh as he moved. The demon was coming back...he could only assume it was another demon, for that was what hunted his kind. Demons and angels, though the latter was rarer. No...if it was another demon...there was just no way...there was just no way he was gonna let it continue its torture. And he was sure there was going to be far more torture to come until it decided to finally kill him. Even that would be dragged out as long as possible; he knew it. He'd seen it. And was he not a demon himself?

He could feel the thorns in his wrists then, and his struggles suddenly went in a different direction as he attempted to jerk his wrists downward, to press the thorns in deeper and slit his own wrists vertically. It was too late for an escape now. Even if he could get free, he wouldn't be going far in this state. But, free or not, that bastard wasn't taking him, there was just no way he was going to die a victim. He'd kill himself, first, and now, that was the only option left, and an option he'd long been prepared to take should the situation call for it.

But his bonds wouldn't let him. He soon found he could only move enough to cause pain, but not enough to cause any lethal damage to himself. His wrists were bound tightly...he couldn't move enough to...

By the time Malebolgia reached him, he was once again slumped in a state of utter exhaustion, coupled with nausea and dizziness, and, after this realization, despair, but not yet defeat. His clawed hands balled into fists, and he forced himself not to flinch as he heard whatever it was stop next to him, and he held perfectly still. If he couldn't even take his own life and was going to be tormented, as he assumed he would be, then he was going to damned well make sure the demon got as little pleasâ€"what?

That wasn't his captor...he couldn't even remember his captor, but this person wasn't it. If he was...he would have known why he was here...

Slowly, very slowly, he raised his head groggily and opened his eyes instinctively, though it was more difficult than it should have been. His eyes ached as bad as any other part of his body, as did the flesh around them, and something moist and partially dried was coating them, making his eyelids stick. He didn't even want to think of what that was...nor why, when his eyes were open, he couldn't see. But, to anyone looking, though his eyes were there, they were horribly damaged, a distinct claw mark running across both eyes.

"...Who...who are...?" he attempted weakly, but a bout of coughing interrupted his question, his throat, as he soon found, horribly dry and voice raspy.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

She stepped out from behind a tree, in the shadows her purple and red eyes and wings seemed to appear before the rest of her. One lightly tan hand ran across the vine until it encountered a thorn.

"Talking and looking my friends, it won't help much will it?"  She said, raising one eyebrow in a polite, if somewhat condescending query.

She knelt down, and could easily hear the man's uneven breath. She tapped her fingers lightly across his head, or at least, what was left of it.

"Now chopping, or locating a knife of some sort, that may be a step in the right direction." She plucked one of the roses, winding it through her long white hair.

"Of course, that is assuming that he wants to be freed. I would hate to expose myself to unecassary injury because of these thorns, if he wishes to remain where he is."

She considered this, and decided it was a very good idea. Why rescue someone who doesn't wish for freedom? Rembra wrapped her feathered wings around herself and let her eyes settle on the trapped man. Horrible mess, wasn't he? She wondered why he wasn't yet dead.

"Do you wish to remain here?" she asked curiously.

As she waited for his answer she plucked another rose to thread through her hair, closing her eyes and humming slightly, totally unconcerned.

Anonymous

"Who am I, you ask?" Malebolgia began as a grin came upon his face. "I am just a simple goat looking for grass..although, now that I have stumbled onto you, I think the grass can wait..."

Malebolgia began using his magick to levitate and sit as if he were in a chair. He crossed his legs and from his pants pocket he pulled out a tea cup and used a bit more magick to fill it with some fresh warm liquid. "Now, I ask, how on Earth did you end up in this fair predicament?" He began looking over the tangled mess once more "Wait...don't tell me just yet." Malebolgia drank his liquid in one gulp and just as he did the cup vanished into thin air.

Reaching into his pocket yet again, Malebolgia pulled out a dagger with a very sharp edge. "From the looks of things-"

Interrupting his sentence the sound of another's footsteps could be heard by the goat anthro.

"It seems we have even more company....however, I am not about to let someone else run off with my discovery" As he finished, Malebolgia picked up the subject in a quick swoop and placed him on his head so that his horns would keep him from falling and fidgeting as he walked away.

The Goat, being a great illusionist, used his skill to put up a very interesting illusion. To any creature that looked upon him, they would not see his discorvery but, instead, a very big hat with two holes for the horns to go through. "Just don't move, you can breathe yes but, do not try to speak...I will handle this."

Rhindeer

A...goat...?

Confusion trickled through Lhakya's muddled mind as he listened to the being's answer, and, as he could not see, the image that formed in his mind of the creature was rather...odd. And very literal. A goat. Was speaking to him. Either that, or it was some morbid trick of mind. Could excessive bleeding cause insanity? Lhakya gave a soft groan and let his head droop. Perhaps it was better he went insane in the end. Maybe that would mean he wouldn't be aware of as much.

And it was probably fortunate Lhakya was blind at that moment, because he was then unable to witness the strange creature's little showâ€"which probably wouldn't have helped his state of mind much.

Fortunately, he didn't have to give all this much thought, for as the "goat" was questioning him, another voice filled the space, a feminine one this time. And one that didn't sound quite as crazy, and mused aloud about freeing him. Did he wish to remain here? That was a stupid question. Of course not! Hell, just a moment ago he had been trying hard to cut his own wrists as opposed to remaining here! He'd rather be freed and suffer a little blow to his pride than suffer a long torture and slow death. He was proud, but he wasn't so much so that he would refuse help when offered and opt for death instead like some idiots. Death was reserved for when there was simply no other way out.

He wasn't about to refuse the offer. It just had to be done fast. The demon...he'd be back.

But then another thought made its way into his mind. It did seem a bit odd that suddenly there were offers of help...but...well, what did he have to lose at this point?

He drew a ragged breath. "No...Iâ€"" was all he was able to get out at the female's question when, suddenly he was lifted, bindings and all, the sudden gravity-defying motion making his head swim and stomach clench, both in surprise and due to his already weakened state. And then he was placed on somethingâ€"draped across something, more likeâ€"something hard and unstable. Something that he felt move. From the sounds of it, it had something to do with...the goat? Who was also now referring to him as his "discovery".

It might not have been so bad if he was able to see exactly what was going on...but now he was completely out of his element, and another thread of panic began to work its way through him. He'd never been able to <I>not see, and all this...everything that was happening, coupled with that fact...it was really only adding to his stress level. That and the hint that the "goat" apparently considered him to be his.

His throat tightened as his body stiffened, breath coming in soft, quick breaths, and in addition to fear, humiliation also began to rear its ugly head. He'd never been so helpless in his life. He was a fighter! He'd never felt this...ah...freaked. But he'd always had his vision. Always been in control. He'd been close to death before, and been at peace, but everything about this situation was foreign.

And not being able to see...that made the whole world suddenly a very different place.

Anonymous

Yes, a goat, what did you expect, a demon?

Catching sight of the new stranger with them, Malebolgia smiled and extended his hand for a shake. "Come with me, we will free this man but, I do not want to do it here.....not out in the open like this..."

Malebolgia began walking at a medium pace so that the new stranger could keep up and they could continue their talk. "So, what is your name?." He asked as he noticed a nice wooded area ahead. "And, do tell me what it is you're doing over in this area."

Feeling the thorns begining to prick him in his head just a bit, Malebolgia used his magick to make a bit of hair grow and provide comfort to both him, and his subject. "So, subject, how are you doing up there? Good I hope, don't worry, we will have you free in no time." At that point, Malebolgia began fishing around in his pockets for something sharp enough to cut through the mesh but found nothing other than tea cups and the occassional crescent half-moons.."Well, it looks like I have nothing that can cut through thim, maybe we can find something in those woods, perhaps?"

Anonymous

One second, she was there, the next second, she was somewhere else. It was a simple jump using her wings, but impressive none the less. She landed with a ruffle of feathers and displaced ar in front of the goat-man, arms crossed and a bemused smile on her lips.

"Hmm, what should one make of you?" She wondered. "Are you mage, sorcerer, or simply insane?"

She sat down cross legged in front of him, spreading her wings out on either side of herself, blocking his path. Her eyes stared levelly at him.

"I think we can untie him here. I would find it quite unsanitary to have a bleeding man on my head."

A single leaf floated down and she caught it, her movements slow and liquid. As she began to tear it up, she raised one eyebrow minutely.

"My name, is of no consequence to you, unless you give me reason to believe otherwise, and so far, only two have ever accomplished such a task. Frankly, I see little hope for you."

Rhindeer

Actually, Lhakya wasn't doing so well. But, how well could you do if you were tangled in a mass of vines tipped with half-inch thorns, were blinded, and were suffering from a concussion? Not very well. And now, laying on his side across Malebolgia's horns, the thorns there were pressed deeper into his side, every step the goat took only agitating his wounds further. Every step was painful, but Lhakya grit his teeth as he tried hard not to flinch or gasp. Indeed, Malebolgia's newly grown hair did little to relieve his agony, and he was in too much pain to even notice it.

And nauseous. Unable to see for the first time in his life, he soon found his sense of direction was completely shot, and that, coupled with the feeling of movement and pain and stress, only added to that feeling. He no longer really knew what was up or down anymore...all he knew was he was moving. And that he wanted out of this mess, and away from this place before the demon returned, though he didn't even know where they even were anymore. But he didn't like the way the "goat" kept calling him "subject", and kept implying ownership of him...an idea which really bothered him. He didn't seem to want to kill him...the female and he kept speaking of freeing him...but that he implied ownership of him...

He swallowed forcefully as he suddenly felt hot bile working its way up his throat at that thought, momentarilly blocking his airway. No, he couldn't lose his stomach now, not that there was much there to begin with. No need to be humiliated any more than he already was...but, indeed, none of what was happening was really helping his stomach any.

He tried to shift his focus away from his body and instead tried to concentrate on what was being said around him, but concentrating on anything but the nausea and hurt was difficult. And his mind didn't yet seem to want to focus easily.

Anonymous

"What am I?' Malebolgia asked as he scratched his head. "That is indeed a good question, what do you think of me as?"

Malebolgia heard the subject choking back on something in his mouth and quickly took him off his head. "You are quite right about this, I do not want him doing something....unforgivable on my head." Malebolgia set him down gently and smiled at the woman. "Well that is understandable. Now about getting this man out of this mess?"

Malebolgia had no problem what so ever with biting the vines in order to free him, hell, it would mean a free meal for him. However, he did not fancy thorns that accompanied all the green. "You wouldn't happen to know where a patch of grass might be would you, I'm quite hungry at the moment." He asked as he sniffed the vines.

Anonymous

She folded her wings against her back, and walked over to the vines. Plucking yet another rose for her white locks, she said, "I believe sir, that you are most likely insane. But no matter, about this man..."

Rembra walked, if one could call it that when her feet barely touched the ground, around the man. She mused, "We have options you know, always options. We could cut him up and remove the peices, leaving the vines intact. Or we could murder the vines, and hope he isn't too far gone to justify our work."

She leaned against one wing, "Either way, somebody is going to be hurt I expect."

She glanced up at the treetops, looking for Memory, than addressed the poor bleeding man, "What do you think?"

Anonymous

"I don't think that mess of a man gives a damn about the roses being 'murdered'." A calm, cool voice broke the silence left at the end of the conversation. Where there had been no person before, now stood a young woman. She was a good few paces away from them, not quite close enough to be a possible threat. How she had gotten there, and so unnoticed, was anybody's guess.

Her wavey, waist length hair was the most striking of her features, for it was a soft, rosey pink color. That alone set her aside from most people. Arms crossed, she had a half-smirk set on her delicate features. It was almost always there, and those who knew her got used to the look. Piercing blue eyes watched the woman and the goat creature with a look that was neutral, but bordering on dislike. They spoke of the man as if he was an object and not a living creature. Not to mention he was bleeding profusely and might very well die even once free of the roses.

"Roze! You gotta get him out! Look at how badly he's hurting!" Another body suddenly appeared, though not so stealthily. She dropped from the tree directly behind and to the left of the one apparently called Roze. Long sleeves, now touching the ground, matched the long pant legs that gathered around her hidden feet. They were thickly striped horizontally, white and black. A black tunic was over all this, which blended with the black hair that hung to her shoulders. A streak of white ran through it, to the side of her face, so that her entire countanance was all white and black. Her eyes, an unnaturally pale purple, were easily over looked in the striking monochrome of her features. A contrast to Roze's pastel blue skirt and pink blouse.
"Yes, I know Inari. Next time I tell you to stay put, you should listen."

The younger girl hunched her shoulders and glanced down at the earth. "Sorry Sempai..."

Roze calmly started forward, keen eyes still watching the two beings on either side of the injured man. She stopped not five feet from them, arms again crossed, and considered the mass of flesh and vines at her feet. Her gaze again flickered to the two others.
"Well then, may I try?"
Again, her voice was cool and neutral. Unthreatening.

Young Inari stayed where she was, watching with openly worried eyes. She hoped Roze could get the poor man out...just looking at him made her wince. What horrible wounds....
Who could possibly do something like that to someone???

Rhindeer

For a second time, Lhakya was being moved in a way that did not agree with his head or stomach, but soon enough he felt solid ground beneath him, ground which didn't move, and his claws quickly dug deep into the soil in a sort of shaky death-grip. It was the only thing really substantial, and the only thing he could feel aside from the biting thorns, and he wouldn't be letting go anytime soon if he could help it. By now, he was more than disoriented and confused, and pride was no longer helping him much. Slumped on the ground and breathing sporatically, he was shivering openly, from both blood loss and nerves, and if he had more strength, his muscles would have been tensed painfully. Nothing could have prepared him for this; he couldn't see, he hurt everywhere, he didn't know where the hell he was, didn't know who had him...didn't know anything anymore.

And Rembra's words were not helping the situation any. Cut...him up? Murder the vines? Oh bloody hells...the female seemed more concerned for the torturous plant. Cutting him up wouldn't be murder, but cutting up the plant that was cutting him up would!?

Something else the female said caught his attention. Too far gone? How injured was he <I>really? He knew he felt worse than he ever had in his life...he knew his injuries were severe. But...just how bad? He couldn't see...but...they were practically talking about him like he was already dead, like it was too late. He certainly didn't feel very alive right now, but...even if he was freed, would he even make it...?

He swallowed dryly, starting to feel increasingly faint and sick, and he didn't even hear Rembra's question to him. Then, there was really no way for him to tell that she was addressing him and not the other male. Maybe she had a point about...cutting him up. It might be considered a mercy killing. He probably wouldn't even feel anything. He didn't know. He just...didn't know anymore...

And then he was snapped back to listening in as yet two more voices reached his ears and, unlike the male and female whose voices he had become familiar with, these new, feminine voices sounded genuinely concerned. But then, they too were only talking about freeing him. Just like the others had only been talking about freeing him. Talking about how screwed up he was, about getting him loose. But none of them were doing anything.  Maybe they were the demons, and maybe this was just the beginning of everything. They were just screwing with his head. They were <I>trying to make him go insane. That was all it was. They were toying with him. And it only made sense. Wasn't it odd that suddenly all these creatures were just suddenly around him, willing to help?

He couldn't stand it. "Just...just fuckin'...finish it already!" he managed to force out through clenched teeth, voice just above a choked whisper, throat tight.

Anonymous

"Finish?"

Rembra knelt down, so that her eyes were level with what should have been the man's own. She placed a hand under his chin, and said, "You may not thank us for our help I fear. But I suppose you aren't one to pick death over...a changed way of life."

She had seen enough injuries to know that the man would not see again. A gust of wind whipped rose petals from her hair and tossed their scent over that of the blood for second, but not long.

"Shall we get him out?" She extended her purple wings in greeting to the strangers, and for a second the goat man was pushed to the back of her mind.

She didn't tear at the vines, in a useless attack that would only harm their prisoner more. Instead she started with those closest to his neck, where she had procured the feather shaped dagger which she now held, one couldn't know. Her name was not her only secret. Slowly she cut, bent, and untwined.

Anonymous

Taking out two cups and using magick to make them levitate, Malebolgia took out a half moon crescent shaped cookie that had a bit of grass on it and simply ate it down. After eating the cookie, Malebolgia used his same magick to make liquid appear in the cups, he had his mind set on providing some nice cool water for the messed up man as soon as they could get him out.  

"I say do hurry, I believe that man could use a nice cup of water to wash that taste out of his mouth." Malebolgia said as he a nice pair of scissors in his pocket. "I'll take one of these..." He snipped one of the roses off and sniffed at it...

His mind took a little bit to register a smell...what to make of it, what to make of it....He sniffed again...Waiting a few seconds he took a swig of water and began to contemplate.

Anonymous

Roze's smirk widened slightly as the woman knelt and began to mess with the vines. Oh, that would take forever. Luckily, she had a much better way.
"Step back." She ordered calmly, focused now on the injured man.
Her light pink hair fanned out suddenly and began to grow in length, the waves rippling calmly.
Still back from everyone, Inari grinned and hopped from foot to foot. Roze was going to help him! That was her sempai all right! And she could help once the man was out. He'd need to have those wounds wrapped, right? Well, she could definately take care of that!

Roze's enchanted hair shot toward the man, single strands gently curling around the vines. It was much more delicate than trying to use a knife, and much more effective, as they would soon see. Once all the vines had been wrapped with a few strands, the hairs convulsed, suddenly as sharp as daggers. Within a few seconds, the vines fell away in neat little chunks, leaving the man free of his painful bindings.
"Inari." Roze said softly.

The timid girl came no closer, but her sleeves did. They slithered across the earth, lengthening from Inari in a most unnatural way. Gently, they wrapped about the man, lifted him just a few inches from the ground, and moved him away from teh vines on which he had been laying. Setting him down again, the sleeves began to split into sections and wrap around the wounds that were bleeding the worst. Inari had a look of deep concentration on her young face, attempting to be as gentle but effective as possible.

Roze sighed and brushed back a few strands of her hair as it replaced it's original length and texture. She could change it at will, that was her weapon.
"That went about as well as I had hoped it would." Sharp blue eyes watched Inari's work calmly. "Anyone know a healer?" The only healing they could provide was the temporary wrapping that Inari was now preforming. They'd have to get the man to some sort of a healer soon, or he might still bleed to death.
Not the best way to go.

(Ahhh, my fingers have frozen solid!  :cry: )

Rhindeer

Lhakya had no time to contemplate Rembra's wordsâ€"nor was he really in the right mind to do any contemplationâ€"when he felt someone near his neck, and heard the tell-tale sound of something being sliced, and it took him one panicked second to realize the person was cutting the vines and not him. Gods, he was out of it...but, then, it was an easy mistake to make right now in his state. Especially given his own frantic demand and his own suspicions. And especially when the being began to untangle a piece from around him, a sharp gasp escaping him as the action dislodged painfully embedded thorns from his neck. Small but deep puncture wounds were left in its wake, blood trickling out.

Removing the vines was almost as bad as having them applied. But...this being was really trying to remove them...really trying to help...they really meant it...

Fortunately, he was spared the long, laborous procedure as Roze took over, and it was a good thing, too, because, helpful as Rembra was trying to be, the drawn out pain of the initial plan would have likely sent him back into unconsciousness. That, and it would have been far longer before he would have had his wounds bound, and time was indeed of the essence.

He couldn't see how it happened, but suddenly he felt the vines falling away from him, and before he could even gasp or feel the new blood dribbling from the myriad puncture wounds, he was lifted for a third time by something unusually soft, and this time the movement didn't bother him as much. It was far less drastic, and he was set down again soon enough, and not as suddenly, and cloth...what he could only assume was cloth...was being wrapped around his battered body.

It was the first soothing thing he had felt in a while. And, while it didn't take the pain away by any means, the soft, warm feeling did relax him a little, and his breathing, though still shallow, quick, and uneven, gradually became a little less sporadic as panic began to recede. He was still horribly confused, disoriented, and in a hell of a lot of pain, and he was still afraid for many reasons, but at least one of those reasons had been resolved. These creatures really were trying to help. Why they were, he couldn't understand; it still seemed so odd. But they really were. That one female, the one who had originally disturbed him, spoke of a "changed way of life"; he didn't know what that meant, but could only interpret it as she wasn't planning on killing him. The...goat...spoke of offering him water, and though it wasn't really at the front of his thoughts, he was really thirsty. Another female spoke of finding a healer. And another one, who hadn't spoken for a while, had sounded really concerned earlier...

Or it could still all be a trick. But...it would certainly be a trick that would require a lot of effort, and he didn't really see the point of such an extravagant one. But he didn't really care. Sheer exhaustion was starting to sink in as he lay there, that familiar feeling of foggyness returning to his mind, but he didn't drift off. Pain kept him awake, left him hovering just on the threshold of unconsciousness...

Anonymous

Malebolgia took the water that he had saved up just for Lhakya and put some special herbs in it.."Sit him up some...this drink should help him out." He said getting down on his knees. "I'm not much of a magick healer persay but, I do know herbal medicine like the back of my hand."

Malebolgia looked over the wounds and examined the broken body of Lhakya as the vines were removed....Wow....what some people can go through...it was amazing to him.

"This stuff may taste like crap but, I do believe it will have him feeling better faster than we can get to a village." He spoke finishing the mix of the drink.

Anonymous

Rembra stepped back and watched Roze free the trapped man. Once he was bandaged, she stepped over to them.

"I'm not sure if its such a good idea for him to drink just yet." Rembra murmured, giving Roze and Inari a meaningful look. She, at least, would hesitate to trust the goat-man, or his concoction.

A flurry of feathers fell around her, and Rembra held out her arm, smiling as a great, white eagle with the same violet-red eyes as herself landed there. In her mind, she greeted her soulmate, Memory, and listened to the bird's reply.

"If anyone knows someone we could take him to for healing, Memory would be honored to carry a message for us. Unless of course, there just happens to be a conveniently placed hideout with a well equipped medicine cabinet very close to here."

Anonymous

Roze almost appeared to be...supervising Inari's work. The younger girl, thirteen to be exact, was still concentrating very carefully on wrapping the injured man up as gently and efficiently as possible. Once finished, the cloth severed itself, and her sleeves returned to their original length. Which was abnormally long to begin with.
Roze shot Inari a praiseful look with a small nod, and Inari smiled humbly.
She was getting better at this...

Roze caught the look, though Inari was not so good at reading people. "I do not think it would be wise to give him anything to drink just yet. It might actually send him into shock and make things worse." And they really shouldn't be trying to make things worse at this point. She had to ponder it for a moment though, wondering what the best action to take would be. Intelligent blue eyes flickered with thought as she came to a decision.
"The villages are all much too far away. Moving him all the way there could be fatal, and waiting for a healer to come from there to hear might take an exceedingly long time. However, as we might very well have to summon a healer anyway, we must find a safe place to house him." She glanced at Inari for a moment, though the younger girl did not know why.
"I offer up the Blade family school as a refuge for you all while we wait."

Inari gasped out right. "Sempai! Sensei won't be happy about that...!"
Pink-haired Roze waved the other girl off. "I will go ahead and warn them to get things ready for your arrival, and Inari can carry the man and lead you all to the school. That is, of course, if nobody has any objections?"
She held up her hand a moment before Inari even got her mouth partially open. "Aside from Inari?"
The girl shut her mouth and grimaced faintly, knowing there would be a fight at the end of this. Not between her and Sempai, no, of course not. But between Sempai and Sensei most definately.
And timid Inari hated to see them fight.