Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chance Encounters [SlowHandsMcGee] [M]

Started by WinterWorks, November 18, 2015, 08:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterWorks

Alice shook her head, and grabbed her bag of newly purchased clothing off the counter.

"Nope.  But I would like to take a look at some of the fresh food on our way out of town,"  She replied.  The two bid farewell to Cerifina, and exited the shop.  The market was just as busy as when they'd gone inside.  They passed back the way they'd come, and on the way, Alice stopped at a few stands.  She tried to hurry, sensing that Augustus was growing uncomfortable in the crowd.  She purchased a multitude of fresh vegetables and fruits, and even treated herself to a soup mix from the woman's stand they'd seen earlier.  Soon, they were nearly out of town, and the number of people surrounding them decreased. 

"What did you think of town?  Would you go again?  Don't worry, it's not quite as busy on the other days of the week,"  She said, turning to Augustus.  She smiled.

SlowHandsMcGee

As Augustus and Alice worked their way out of the town, Augustus grew more and more calm. With less and less people around him he felt safer.

"Town was definitely something new to me," Augustus said in response to Alice's question. "I'm sure I would come again, but yeah, the amount of people really got to me. It's not that I thought they weren't nice or anything, I just get uncomfortable when large masses of people surround me, because I try to focus on them all at once."

As the two headed back towards Alice's home, Augustus decided to find out a little more about Alice. "So how old are you? And besides art, what are some things you enjoy doing?" Augustus asked, not too sure of the proper way to ask questions as such. Augustus was almost certain now that he didn't want to leave Ali's place for at least a few days, if not longer. He really felt comfortable around her, and he had no idea why. He was looking forward to the sunset with her more and more as the night crept up on them.