Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who Dropped the Eggs?

Started by visualspice, April 14, 2015, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Oska's brow furrowed as he looked over the items she had to offer. Sure, they were glowing and made of exceptionally fine stones- but did she have the ability to think bigger?

He picked up the ring and turned it over, inspecting it some.

"I would like to see more. Frankly, I thought you'd have your entire stock of this type of jewelry on hand." He set the ring back down as if disinterested before looking at Gileth, his expression still plain.

"I must admit I'm looking for something in particular," he went on, hands clasped behind his back. "These three items... aren't quite that."
But at least he saw potential.

"How long does it take to ... craft and enchant one of these items?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

Gileth watched with a neutral expression as Oska examined the jewelry in front of him. When he expressed his opinion that all of her stock should be enchanted, she merely rose an eyebrow, saying, "While I could simply touch an object to imbue it with a light effect, that method is only temporary. The more permanent method requires more time and effort on my part. Not to mention it raises the price of said item significantly."

Gathering up the items again and putting them away back in the lock box, she answered his question. "Approximately ten minutes, give or take. It also depends on how receptive the materials I work with are to being enchanted. Some are more easier to do so than others."

Putting the lock box back where it was, she asked him a question of her own. "Could you perhaps be more specific as to what exactly you are looking for? As said, I do take custom requests."

visualspice

Continuing on in a business like manner, Oska went on,
"To state it simply, I'm looking for something bigger. I saw the ring you've created for a lady and was intrigued by the concept. However, I don't see the appeal for what the enchantment is being used on and used for. Lights are used to help aid us through the darkness, so I was curious as to your ability to enchant these jewels in such a way that you could light up a room-"
And he paused, albeit briefly before adding, "And such sizes of a room like that of a ballroom."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

Gileth listened to his request before she responded back. "Chandeliers are not something I make. I run a jewelry business here after all." The star elf could still hear Amela in the back room sorting through all the pieces, with her assistant sometimes stopping periodically so she could also listen to what was being said.

"However I could be persuaded to make a crystal garland of sorts to decorate a chandelier or two with that will have the effect you seek. It won't be inexpensive to obtain, but I am certain that is no problem for you?"

The day's light was steadily waning, as evening approached. "I am to close shop in about one half hour or so." Gileth informed him. "If we cannot come to an arrangement today, I would be happy to assist you come the next morn. My shop opens at eight every morning, save for the weekends."

visualspice

Oska frowned.
"Lighted garland is too simple," he stated. "The idea is to construct chandelier's using your enchantments. If you can not construct the chandelier's yourself, I can find someone to construct them for you. It is the enchantment I'm seeking- and a possibly future and partnership in this investment."

Though he severely hoped he wasn't making a mistake.

Ethereal-Star

The star elf gazed at him steadily, her grey eyes showing little emotion behind them.

"I am able to make the enchantment. But not the chandelier. You will need to find someone else to do that for you." Gileth crossed her arms, waiting to see if he would have any more complaints or demands. After they conducted their business, she would start the process of closing up shop for the evening.

visualspice

"Getting you a chandelier is easy, but I will require more than one."
He paused, his own expression remaining even.
"How long do you think such an endeavor will take? I plan to light an entire palace with such a thing."

Ethereal-Star

"Depends on how many chandeliers you want." Gileth's tone was also even, revealing nothing.

"After all, it would require me to enchant each crystal on each chandelier individually. Such an endeavor won't be quick. And I will charge for both the enchantments and the time involved."

visualspice

"Of course. If I bring you one of the chandeliers and a blue print of the room, can you give me an estimate of time and money?"