Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sooooo I finished my first character....

Started by Ruby Red, March 19, 2016, 12:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruby Red

...and now I don't know where to start, or with who, or how, frankly. I was hoping to find someone to start with, who didn't mind the cluelessness I have at the moment.

Her name is Rose Ebonheart - mid teens, wants to be a hero, unbearably naive and grew up isolated from the world, but also supposed to be decent backup in a pinch. She can double as a healer, and can move pretty fast due to her second heredity ability. Above all else, though, Rose extremely loyal, and will usually go out of her way to help complete strangers, even if it puts herself in harm's way.

So that's the synopsis. The full version, from her motives to her weaknesses, is here.
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=20372.new#new

I don't know much of anything around here, so she's starting out with no real knowledge of the land whatsoever in the hopes that I'll learn better through her.

...Anyone want a flower...?

JackieCat

I'd really like to RP with you!

What kind of character are you looking for to interact with Rose?  A good person, a bad one?  A monster?  Let me know!
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

@JackieCat

Awesome~!
I'll go ahead and list how each would likely play out, each have their sort of cool bits that could lead to other really cool bits. I don't really have a preference.

A friend could chaperone, keep her from getting into trouble and helping her grow and learn. Having someone who genuinely wishes her the best would be great in making sure she doesn't trust someone she shouldn't. That person would find that if they ever were in trouble, Rose wouldn't hesitate to help. This would probably be the most beneficial towards her aspirations, and keep her from deviating, from finding the world she wishes to help to be a hateful place.

A snake could play her like a fiddle, saying one thing but using her to their own ends. Having someone who acts like a friend, but truly only cares for themself, would play into just how trusting and naive she is. She would treat them like a friend out of ignorance, thinking they really were one, but when it becomes undeniable, her reaction would depend on the full story.

A monster, assuming in the literal sense, would really depend on what it is. Fighting monsters (in her mind) is all about keeping people safe from them. If there was another way besides killing or trapping them, she would very likely try that path. A friendly member of a species deemed a monster, if it showed that it was entirely benign, could have the same relationship as any other friendly person. A hostile monster, on the other hand, or one that doesn't clearly show it means no harm, Rose would attempt to fight.

But, if you mean a person whom is clearly shown to be evil and sadistic to others, Rose would certainly attempt to capture them somehow. Killing a person is unacceptable in her eyes as a means to defeat them. Her ability to do so would be directly relative to how they've shown to be evil. If they hurt someone right in front of her, she'll rally to their aid, and only be more determined in protecting someone innocent.

JackieCat

I like the idea of someone trying to use her to gain something, but the first option also appeals to me. . . So, I have and idea to combine the two!

The character woudl be Faelis.  He's a thief, but not a bad guy, and perhaps he needs someone to help him steal something.  As soon as he meets Rose, he knows she would probably not want to steal anything, seeing as she's such a good person, so he tries to trick her into thinking she's doing it for a good cause.  They get pretty far along in the job, but she somehow along the way realizes he's simply just stealing the item for fun.  He realizes it wasn't right to trick her like that, and he actually starts to help her get into her dream-job of a huntress and show her the world.

What do you think?  If you have tweaks or changes you'd like to add, that'd be great!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ruby Red

It sounds great, and I can't think of anything to add or mention really. Where do we start?

JackieCat

Well, Faelis can be anywhere, really, where does Rose live?  And do you want to start, or shall I?  I don't have a preference.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ruby Red

Rose lives within the wilderness of Ravensway, Serendipity, on a small farm with her family. At the time of her introduction, she'll be just setting out for the first time, and likely headed northeast, into the kingdom's more settled areas.

I honestly still don't know how stuff works here, or where to post, so it would probably just be easier if you started.

JackieCat

Okay, sounds good to me.  I'll post the link here when I have it up.  I should have it up within the hour!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

JackieCat

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor