Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mountains Sing

Started by Celegwen, June 11, 2018, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

@DragonSong

After the reunion between father, son, and daughter, Freisae knew that it was time to return to her home base. She had several other dragons who wanted her attention, so not all of her time could be spent gallivanting off on random adventures. Someone had other plans, though.

A telepathic message was sent. It was a plea for help that almost seemed hopeless. Freisae and Kandri heard it, but Baylrys was clueless as to what they were talking about.

"I'm telling you," the girl said, her voice certain, "someone's trapped in the mountains! I don't know who, but there's someone."

Kandri snapped his fingers a few times, icy sparks appearing and melting each time he did it. "She's right," the dragon said, now in his human form. "We've gotta at least check it out."

The black dragon grumbled his protest, but he didn't bother arguing any further. Baylrys knew when he had been beaten, so there was no point in fighting it. Freisae smiled and looked back at Karyn and his family. "If you guys ever need anything, or even want to catch up, feel free to stop by."

"Or..." Kandri said, a slight grin on his face as he looked over to Fiona. "You wanna go on a real adventure?"

DragonSong

All of it was just so overwhelming. For so long she'd had to hide who and what she was, then this-- this person showed up claiming to be her brother and wanting to know where her mother was and did she want to meet her father--

Needless to say, it had been a chaotic couple of days.

So when the human-dragon turned to her with that grin she blurted out the first thought that flitted through her head: "Of fucking course I do!"

Instantly she went beet red and dropped her strange, glassy gaze to her feet. "Um, I mean..." She glanced back at the massive, glittering mound of golden scales that claimed to be her father-- well, he must be, she'd seen his human form and she took after him quite a bit. "If-- if that's okay?"

Ren and his son exchanged a look, the half-dragon reclining against their father's sides. Then he smiled slightly. "Look, you're a grown woman. Just be careful, alright? And come visit soon."

Fiona beamed and launched herself at her brother-- her brother, she had a brother!-- "Thank you! I will, I promise, I promise!"

Spinning out of the hug, she whirled to press a kiss to Renkaryn's scaly cheek. "I'll see you soon, Da, okay?" Without waiting for an answer, she spun again and raced toward Freisae, panting slightly.

"Let's get this rescue mission started!"

Celegwen

With a quick clap, Freisae smiled brightly. "Terrific!" She exclaimed, looking at Baylrys and Kandri. The woman started towards the black dragon, and Kandri slid towards Fiona with a grin.

He draped an arm around the girl's shoulders. "So sweetie, wanna ride me?" He asked, winking cheekily. Quickly, Kandri retracted and put his hands up to Karyn and Ren. "I have the utmost respect for your daughter-slash-sister. Dragon's vow."

"Hey!" Freisae called, settling on Baylrys' back. "Kandri, can you be a gentleman for once?"

The man chuckled. "You would think. Alrighty, Fiona, ride or fly, girl?"

DragonSong

Ren was already growling, and Karyn had gone rather red at the innuendo, though he did lay a calming hand on his father's shoulder.

Fiona however just laughed. "Oh, sweetie. Dragon or not, I don't think you could handle that," she shot back, strange, glass-clear eyes sparkling like sunlight off the edge of a mirror.

Sobering, she added, "Honestly, I haven't had much practice with my own wings. I think riding is the safer bet, for now."

"Oh, wonderful," Ren grumbled.