Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Recent posts

"It's no bother. Might be fun. You're right, though. Maybe that's a thing for when we're bored. A safe thing for when we might be overheard."

His mouth opened slightly at Theo's question. He wrestled with the idea of answering it truthfully. How was he today? Theo was fully aware of how he was: one touch shy of snapping and pushing the man up against a wall. For once, he knew that Theo felt the same, and that somehow made it even worse. He exhaled slowly, wishing he wasn't such a weak man to this powerful force between them. "Wanting you. Badly," he signed. "Maybe we shouldn't be in here together."
Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 07:41:24 PM
"Embarrassed."

"You don't have to right now if you'd rather stay. I would like to learn one day though. Mane I should just read the book on my own time. Not bother you."

"How are you feeling today? Today is a good day?"
Fletch snorted. "I've just told you how bad it is sleeping in the hold. You know I don't give a damn about that. You really want to learn this? I can go grab that book from the piano room if you do. It's easier with a picture."
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 06:46:37 PM
His eyes shifted back and forth as he signed. "There has been a lot of wind breaking I thought I was much safer in breaking."

Theo tilted his head and rubbed at his scalp in thought. "Nanny room I imagine. Know when the baby or child is crying or up to no good. More upset—" he stopped abruptly and waved his hand as if flicking the thought away.

"Teach me ship words then. Aft and starboard and port—I know them but not what they mean really. All the different parts or why you raise and lower sails."
"...Oh." Whatever tension had flitted across his features eased considerably. "Suppose that makes sense. We'd have to do it out loud, though. The practicing. And again, I'm shit at it, and I've already got enough of an accent with it that he looks at me like I'm a crayon short of the box, so...I may not be doing you any favors. But I remember enough of how the old man used to say things that maybe we can make it work, yeah. I've gone and started talking aloud again," he realized, and switched back to sign. "It depends on where you're at in the room. Bed, yes. Fireplace, yes. Washroom gets tough to hear. I can hear you walking and pacing clear as day. Shit way to build a house, if you ask me."

Fletch squinted suspiciously. "Why?"
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 05:49:51 PM
Theo look bashfully back at Fletcher but wiggled his brows slightly then hid his face in his hands. "I have a reason to be, no?"

"Both? Either? What makes you happy. If I'm to meet your brother-in-law one day though perhaps I should try to earn some respect points?

"Do you really hear EVERYTHING in here?"
"Yeah, well...I imagine we'd speak amongst company, anyway. The wrong person might see this as too much of a kindness from your jailor. And I really don't want the girl knowing how much I know, if we can help it. Or Neal. Going to play stupid and grumpy with them for as long as I can."

He stopped as Theo gave him the most pointed look he thought he'd ever received from the man. A breathy laugh escaped him and broke the silence. "You're a bit saucy today, aren't you?" he murmured, basking in the attention. "You going to be this worked up all day? I'm not bothered by it, mind. It's nice to see you get a little bold."

Fletch rubbed at his chin, considering Theo's request. As he did, some of that spark left him, and he grew distant. "Mine? Or his?" he signed.
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 05:09:40 PM
He grinned and then blushed. "You are shockingly modest," he teased. "Not all signs are perfectly safe for public company. You'll have to get creative when you start describing your—," he glanced down at Fletcher's crotch and smirked with a deeper blush.

"You don't have to sign, it's alright. I like the sound of your voice too. Just it's nice when you do sign too. It's like a secret hug.

"...would you want to teach me any of them? Something for us? Something I can learn for you?"
Fletch sat up straight, a panic at this sudden and alarming shift in his love's demeanor. "No — wait — I didn't mean to make you — " He relaxed somewhat, though, as Theo began to laugh, and his concern melted into relief. Well, and more concern, because he really was incredibly shit at signing. The number of times he'd gotten himself into trouble with it in Adela were too many to count. Maybe he was a smooth bastard in other matters, but in this one, he was horribly clumsy. "Alright. I did warn you I'm shit, though," he signed. "You've got to tell me when I fuck it up, yeah? Or just laugh at me. I'll get the message."

He tilted his head, looking Theo up and down and arching an eyebrow. "Besides, it's easier to be rude this way. And make you flustered. So I'm not about to complain," he added with a little smirk. "And I'm sure we'll be plenty close enough tonight for you to hear me again."

Fletch frowned and looked off to the side, his mind drifting to what Theo had asked. His lips parted habitually, and he began to speak aloud for a few seconds before realizing what he was doing. "Sorry. Love the sound of my own voice, it seems," he said before switching back. "It's been Trade most of my life on account of the business. It was Trade on the Mirabel. Trade in ports. Mum and the girls and I spoke a little of our own tongue, you know, but it's been so long. I almost can't remember. Only other ones I've picked up, really, are sort of useless outside of I'káa. I can speak Ven's tongue with Big Guy, but the rest of their people are dead, and Eln sort of just points, grunts, and hits things. And both of them have told me I'm shit at that one, too, so..."

He shrugged, smiling his charming smile. "Can't be good at everything, I suppose," he said aloud.
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 02:59:09 PM
"Oooooh," Theo mouthed without making a sound. The next words out of Fletcher's mouth however caught the nobleman completely by surprise. Before he even realized what was happening, Theo was overcome with deep emotion and burst into tears on the spot. He covered his mouth as they came pouring down his face and he laughed wetly. 

"I don't think anyone's ever asked me that before," he explained, trying to fan at his face some and wipe the tears away aggressively. "And I realize now I'm such a rude cur. I've never once asked what your home language is or where you're originally from. I mean I suspect given what you've mentioned of rebellion and other things but...I'm so sorry."

Pulling himself together he continued. "Umm, I think I'd prefer sign, it's definitely a lot easier for me but I understand it has limitations and I don't require it if you at all. I—what you did the other night...that I would like again. Maybe. If you wanted. Don't have to though."