Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Snow Way, Man!

Started by visualspice, January 22, 2014, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"That's because I crushed you when I fell," he said, and groaned painfully before rolling off of her.
"Man.. I think you might have been a harder landing than the brick,"he said, wincing as he rubbed at the back of his head.
"What are you made out of, iron or something? I didn't think a woman so small could also be equally so bony."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

As he rolled off, Sadie sucked in a large, gasping breath, now able to actually expand her chest properly. Oh this guy was dead meat. It took a great deal of effort for her to climb as far as her hands and knees.

"Oh shut up." Another wheezy gasp. "You wouldn't know hard if someone hit you in the face with a brick."

visualspice

"Wait, woah, woah, woah- you can't use that phrase after a man's just fallen from a wall," he told her, sitting up and looking a bit perturbed. "Besides, I think we ought to both get running- seems some guards our heading our way."
And with a painful grunt, Jack got to his feet and began to hastily limp away.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Guards?

Sadie glared after Jack in confusion. What about guards? Aw fuck, he was a mage and had just used magic in Reajh of all places. What an idiot! Guards take him, it wasn't her problem. She hadn't been the dumb one. Cursing under her breath she used her staff for a support and hobbled after him painfully.

"Wait for me, you jerk. This is all your fault."

visualspice

"My fault?"
In a petty attempt to one up her, he nonchalantly froze the spilled water in her path, but was pretending to rub at his nose- even though he was wriggling his fingers to cast the spell, and was clearing his throat in attempts to make himself seem less obvious-
but a few sparkles emitted from his finger tips, and the second Sadie stepped onto a small puddle, it iced just underneath her feet.

"I'll show her what's actually my fault," he grumbled through a short cackle as he hobbled away faster than before.

Zero

Sadie felt the traction disappear under her feet as water turned to ice, and with a curse she fell hard, teeth clicking together painfully as her chin hit stone. No he just didn't use magic again, and this time on her.

Getting up carefully, the alchemist bypassed further ice and dashed after Jack, this time her pain forgotten, sea green eyes burning with a lust for revenge. Hate was a remarkable painkiller, she should remember that for future reference.

"You are going to pay for that, you hairless primate." Energy arched through her and a stone jutted out at face-height in front of Jack. He wanted to whine about a broken nose, she'd show him a broken nose.

visualspice

The stone struck out- hitting him square in the nose as the man let out a wail of a scream and went down- doubled over, and clutched on, teary eyed, to his bleeding nose.
"Oh Ansgar's nose hairs, I think you broke my nose!"

Zero

Sadie smirked at Jack went down. Was she sadistic to be taking pleasure in someone else's pain, even if said person was an annoying fool? Oh well, she laughed anyway. "What's that, three breaks in a week, two from me?" He had mentioned breaking his nose before she'd hit him with her staff. "Serves you right for making me fall on ice you dick."

visualspice

Petty is as petty does, and as Jack was scrambling to get back to his feet, limping over and wincing as he cluthced a hand over his nose- he wriggled his fingers and incased one of her boots in ice.
"See how you like running with that!" he said, hobbling along right after her.

Zero

One of her boots became coated in ice, nearly causing her to slip again, but archs of energy swirled and the ice dissolved to water. Glaring back at Jack, Sadie skidded to a stop, rounding on him with green eyes burning. "I don't like you, and you don't like me, but let's call a truce until we get away from them." She pointed at a few guards that rounded a corner, obviously hunting for the rogue mage or mages that had been making ice.

visualspice

"Ha! You're only right about one thing!" Jack tried to say, puffing out his chest proudly that he got the last laugh. "That... er, we should run like hell from the guards-"
He barely had a chance to gather his thoughts when he continued to run- one look at the guards and their sharp and readied weapons but lit a little fire beneath his heel as he ran like hell, but the moment they rounded the bend, Jack let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Oh for the love of Ansgar's beard, of course it's a dead end!"

Zero

Sadie had been hot on Jack's heels as they ran, when they rounded the corner and he exclaimed that it was a dead in she ran right on around him. "Dead end for you maybe."

Skidding to a stop in front of the brick wall that blocked their path, she swung her staff up and struck the stone. Sparks flew from the contact, then archs of pulsating energy, looking like little dancing lightning beams, flowed across the surface, and in seconds an arched doorway had been formed. Sadie ducked through and urged Jack to hurry. As soon as he was through she would reseal the wall - couldn't have the guards following them through it.

visualspice

"Wait- what?"
Jack didn't like where this was going- but the moment some gaping mouth door just formed inside the wall before them- Jack stumbled to a halt and bristled like a cornered cat.
"ANSGAR FUCKING CHRIST- what the-" his eyes were so wide as he scrambled to keep his distance from the thing. "What the hell- what.. I... Ansgar's name- What are you and what did you do to the wall, woman?"

Zero

Sadie rolled her eyes, what the hell kind of question was that? What did he think she was? As if he had room to talk, he was the one summoning ice out of thin air! With a snarl she stepped forward and grabbed him by the shirt, jerking him through the door whether he liked it or not, then pressed her palm to the stone, sealing it back up.

The guards rounded the corner just moments after she finished, and would be left to scratch their heads as they'd have seemed to have simply disappeared into thin air. "You're an idiot." She hissed softly. "You're a mage and you're going to freak out over what I can do? How about your ice, frosty? Hypocrite, but let's get out of here before more guards show up."

visualspice

"Hey- woah woah woah, easy on the mage talk. At least my magic is normal. I'm not the one making weird doors out of thin air," Jack remarked, jogging off behind her.

Zero

"Don't be ridiculous, I don't make anything out of thin air. I rearranged the base materials and then I put them back." Sadie's tone seemed to imply that this was the most obvious thing in the world and that him implying that she had made anything out of thin air was the most preposterous thing she'd ever heard.

visualspice

"Yeah, rearranged?" Jack scoffed. "Is that what kids are calling it these days?" He shook his head but kept on running. "Frankly, I don't give a damn what you call it- magic's magic and you might, you know.." He said, looking her over as he gave a lick to his dry lips. "Be careful with that stuff before you hurt someone."

Zero

Was...was he serious? Sadie honestly wasn't sure. Could someone be so stupid? That question almost immediately answered itself. Of course he was that stupid, she'd been witnessing the almost impressive level of stupidity he was capable of displaying. "Look who's talking! Besides, it isn't magic, it is science! Alchemy. And I'm well aware of what I can do to someone, so shut up before I rearrange you." An empty thread. Human alchemy was dangerous and imprecise.

visualspice

Jack snorted.
"Science, magic- same thing," he muttered, but at the threat, the man actually grew quiet. Use it on him? His stomach turned sour and cold as he held onto it while the two were making their get away.
"I'd rather not find my face on my ass, thank you very much. Just keep up the running. We're almost out of the clear."

Or so he thought as the pair rounded the bend only to find a pair of guards on lunch break, hanging out doing some leisure talk at the end of the street. He cursed, but then eyed their sandwich- his stomach growling. He idly wondered what sort of sandwich it was. And did it have any olives? Bu then recalling the young girl's temper, he came to a halt.

"Got any bright ideas that don't involve rearranging things?" he asked her in a harsh, hushed whisper.

Zero

The thought of putting his face on his ass made her snort at the absurdity, but then snicker at the idea. Impossible, but that would be something to see. "I don't know if I'd be able to tell the difference either way." She smirked quietly.

Sadie was as quick to come to a halt as Jack was as she spotted the guards eating down the street, her blue-green eyes cut to him as he asked her for ideas. "Does using you as bait count?" She asked, only half kidding, but her voice was as quiet as his. "Here's an idea: Let's stop running as if we're in trouble and walk right by? It's not like they know anything."