Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Veil of Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, September 27, 2015, 11:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Tags to @Moonie !
THread takes place after this one: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=17975.msg211086#msg211086

The town was small, but it was perfect- some place forgettable, but would make history all the same. It seemed news hadn't spread as Blaith's army rolled in to the small town of Blackwells at the boarder of Ahjfeld and Bellkrath. It was just like any other army to this place, and they felt it was their duty to bring in and tend to the soldiers. Though it was uncertain how long the army would make camp, it was hard to get any answers from Blaith as he made his way to the only church in the town,which sat on the hill over looking the village.

He could see from its windows how the snow blanketed everything, and it sparkled subtly in the early morning light. It was a strange site, to see peace, and slowly he turned around to peer up at the church's spire. Then he moved, grabbing the large handle and pushed the church open-
And was surprised to find candles were still lit inside.

His boot steps echoed as he moved down between the pews, pausing just before the pulpit when the voice of a priest cut through the silence.

"Welcome my child of Angsar. What brings you to the cathedral of Blackwells?" the priest asked, humble and old.

Blaith stared at him for a good long while, and after a moment, decided he must not know the man, or the man knew him- except this attire surely gave him away as the priest bowed respectfully.

"A Duke of Angsar's land is always welcome here. Feel free to come to me if you wish to pray, or need any other comforts of our Lord."

Blaith remained quiet, and as the priest turned to leave he called over to him,

"Wait."

His voice echoed, gruff as it was, and the priest obeyed and slowly turned around.

"Yes, my son?"

Blaith stared at the man for a good long while before asking, "I need you to perform a ceremony."

The priest, intrigued, thought it over before nodding.
"We could easily assemble a mass funeral-"

"Not that kind of ceremony," Blaith cut in.

"Then...?"

Blaith turned fully to the priest.

"A wedding."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Life had certainly taken an interesting turn for the unexpected a month ago, or was it longer? Lillian found it hard to keep a truly accurate schedule of the time passing since Blaith's conquest of the fort and mage camps.

She almost never left Blaith's side. Not that the White Lily wanted to. Not only was at the Duke of Turgall's side the safest place for her to be, it was where she wanted to be. It was almost surreal to think that she was her father's daughter. Things had changed. She had changed.

Vows had been broken, innocence had been lost.

Blaith hadn't taken her with him up to the church, but when she followed him a short time later no one dared to try to stop her. She had been his prisoner at first, but those closest to Blaith knew that she was far more than that. Even the lower ranking men and women whispered rumors of her relationship with their Duke.

Not so long ago such rumors would have mortified her. Lillian was the daughter of a duke herself. Not just any duke. Micah Coleridge. Just the rumors of her sleeping with Blaith were scandalous. That they were true would be viewed as far worse.

Noble women, and Knights of the White Lily, did not engage in intimate relationships outside of marriage. Lillian was both those things, but could not bring herself to care that she had "dishonored" herself and her family. Mostly. She never wanted to shame her family. She loved them dearly.

But she loved Blaith even more.

Lily slipped into the church a few minutes after Blaith, remaining quietly in the back and trying not to be noticed. Which seemed to work, as she wasn't acknowledged by either her lover or the priest.

Although when Blaith said he needed the priest to perform a wedding, well, Lillian couldn't stop the soft gasp that came from her lips involuntarily.

visualspice

Both man and priest turned, and at first, Blaith's gaze was sharp. That was until....

"Lily.."
The words came out barely in a whisper. And at first he was cemented in place, uncertain how to react. But then came his easy grin, and a blush. He gestured with one hand towards her.

"It's a wedding for two people in love. For a man to take a woman as his wife."
He kept his hand out, inviting- open, for her to take.

"Because I want her. And I'd conquer hell to get it."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

For a moment Lillian couldn't do more than freeze and stare at the both of them with wide, innocent eyes. Her expression was akin to perhaps a child that had been caught with their fingers in the candy dish.

Especially given that her lover's initial expression was hardly friendly. Blaith could send a chill through her at times. Better than most, she knew just how dangerous of a man he really was.

However his smile and the way he said her name melted any chill that griped the White Lily.

Yes, her lover was quite a dangerous man, but not to her. Never to her. Not only could his magic power not touch her, but there was no doubt in her young, smitten heart that he loved her.

Without further hesitation, she moved to his side, fingers curling around his inviting hand with a blush as she looked up at his face with a shy smile. They had spoken of marriage before. Lillian had known that there was an intention for him to marry her. After a month though, she'd begun to think he'd simply abandoned such a notion given the circumstances of marching an army across the kingdom.

"I was starting to worry you'd never find the time in your busy war schedule to make a wife of me." She teased him softly. There been a little gnawing worry in her gut for a several days, but the relief of this imminent marriage was immense. Blaith might be making an "honest" woman of her.

visualspice

"What?" His laugh was airy, and echoed through the church. He pulled her close, dance like, and kept her beside him. Her warmth was nice, her smell- soothing. "Not find the time?" He stared down at her, admiring her face, her beauty, her blush. Then he leaned forward, as if to steal a kiss. Instead, he stole her gaze, hoping to steal her breath away, without.
"You should know I'd do anything for you," he murmured. His eyes danced. "What do you say?"
And his eyes said it all.
"Will you marry me?"

Zero

Lillian's breath hitched as Blaith leaned in, but the anticipated kiss didn't come. Instead she found herself mesmerized by his beautiful blue eyes. He was a handsome man, but she thought that his eyes were perhaps his best feature - quite a feat since he had so many very appealing physical features.

Even knowing that he had just asked the priest to perform a wedding. Even knowing that Blaith had intended to marry her from the first night they'd made love. Hearing him propose still hit her quite hard.

"God yes." Jade eyes shimmered softly with unshed tears as Lillian's heart swelled to bursting with emotion. She threw her arms around him and half-laughed, though there was a soft waver to the sound as she fought off tears of happiness.

Nobody was going to deny her what she wanted this time.

visualspice

He wasted no time in capturing her into his arms and diving into a soul passioned kiss. It was a moment that lasted,but when it was over, he barely croaked out, "more specifically... Would you marry me today?" he asked, grin boyish.

Zero

The kiss was returned with equal passion, Lillian was truly swimming in a sea of bliss. When the kiss ended she was left a little breathless as she laughed softly. "I'd marry you right now if we could manage it."

visualspice

His eyes twinkled.
"Then let's do it."

Zero

Lillian had butterflies in her stomach and she couldn't stop smiling. This wasn't going to look at all like a historic wedding, but it was definitely more important a moment than it might appear on the surface.

Thinking of that she blinked and frowned down at herself for a moment. She was still dressed in basically farmer's clothing that they could find. Anything to keep her warm and covered modestly on short notice. It wasn't as if she had a trunk full of fine clothing, or that they could drag it along if she did!

The White Lily didn't bemoan that lack of a white gown, but she wished that she had that beautiful green dress that Blaith had purchased her what seemed ages ago now. "I must look the oddest bride ever on her wedding day, and I really don't look like a Duchess, but yeah, let's do this. We've always done everything a bit unconventional."

Bright smile returning she gave him a soft kiss before turning to the priest. "Do we need anything else? Witnesses? If so, I'm sure there are men just outside that followed me up here. Fetch them and begin."

visualspice

Blaith eyed her up.
"You don't think you look like a Duchess?" An arm went around her as he pulled her close. He kissed her, not allowing her to escape before breathing the words, "We're not even married and you're already worried about your status." Naturally, he teased her but didn't let her respond right away as he dove into another long and heated kiss.

It must've been longer than necessary, or so the priest thought as he cleared his throat.

"The witnesses needed are you two present, a holy priest- and the eyes of Ansgar."

Zero

Lillian managed to glare playfully at Blaith after the priest interrupted their kiss. She was not worried about her status! Well, maybe a little. Appearances meant a lot among royalty, and really among everyone. A Duchess was expected to look a certain way. Poor appearances could reflect badly on not only her, but her husband, and by proxy, his duchy.

Of course she was thinking like a Coleridge. Memories of her father's stern lessons about everything one could think of knowing about high society. Lillian hadn't been allowed to be less than perfect in public.

"The only status I'm worried about is that of your wife. Your proper and legal wife. You know, so my father doesn't kill you." Lillian gave a petulant sniff and turned to the priest again. "If we've everyone we need, then we're ready to begin - preferably before this oaf of mine says something to make me change my mind."

She threw him another glare for good measure, but she was teasing him, and he would know it by the glitter in her eyes.

visualspice

"Oaf?" his grin was wickedly playful, almost devilish- which of course only made him all the more devilishly handsome. And it seemed the priest was saying something, but the words were left ignored, as Blaith suddenly scooped up Lily like a sack of potatoes, and threw her over his shoulders with a laugh.

"Well, let's get this man claiming his wife ceremony started!" he went on, laughing, as he jogged down the aisle with her in tow.

Zero

"Yes, oa-ff!" Lillian gasped as she was suddenly no longer on her feet, but flung over one of Blaith's shoulders. She tried very hard to be angry. Truly gave it a valiant effort. The former White Lily was much too giddy to be cross with her very-soon-to-be husband.

So instead of scolding him for treating her like a sack, or for this being an undignified walk up the aisle for a bride, she giggled happily. Although his shoulder was right in her gut, which was kind of uncomfortable, and she was feeling particularly protective of her stomach. Not that she really wanted to let Blaith know that - at least not yet.

Lillian wasn't sure, and she didn't want to give him false hope. Not to mention she worried that if she were with child and he knew that he might try to send her away - somewhere "safer".

"Blaith, put me down! I'm not marrying you while slung across your shoulder - no matter how nice a view I have."

visualspice

That's when Blaith paused.
"Really?" His grin broadened, dimpling his cheeks. "Why not?"

Zero

"Well for starters it isn't exactly comfortable. You're...hard." Lillian snickered and poked Blaith's muscular back, he wasn't exactly cushioned with a fluffy layer of fat. "For another I'm not doing it. Put me down, you big brute."

visualspice

"Hard?" his grin grew wider by the second. "Lily.... How could you have known? And we're in a church! What were you thinking?" he chided, gently setting her down in front of him and the pulpit. He turned to the priest. "You may want to hurry, father, this one can't wait for us to consumate!"

Zero

Lillian turned beet red. It wasn't that she had truly forgotten that they were in a church, or that the priest was there, but she sort of had...

She sputtered, grasping for something to say that wouldn't sound completely stupid, as he set her back on her feet finally. The young knight failed to come up with anything clever, biting, or witty, and simply settled for covering her face with her hands and groaning softly.

"Please, just...get this over with quickly." Because she was embarrassed...not because she couldn't wait to...oh who was she kidding?

Her body was tingling all over just thinking about all the ways Blaith might ravish her - and where. How naughty would it be to slip into a confessional? Did this church have a confessional? The large churches did, but this one was a bit small...

visualspice

Blaith's laughter was loud- perhaps even ear ringing as he tossed his head back, eyes a twinkling. He turned to the priest and gave him a nod.

"I think my blushing bride is ready." Though he paused to consider something before asking-
"By the way.... do you have any sort of dress? I know, to me, clothing matters little but..." He turned to Lillian with a smile and sigh. "I take it you'd rather marry in a dress?"

"I can't say we have much in such a selection," the priest replied with a frown. He adjusted his glasses. "But Ansgar willing, this ceremony will be blessed by his will, wedding dress or not." And he bowed his head slightly to both at the idea.

Zero

Lillian slowly brought her hands down away from her face, peeking up at Blaith with both amusement and embarrassment. What the priest said served to keep the heavy blush on her cheeks. Ansgar may have already blessed their union - official or not.

"I would love to wear the dress you bought for me that day, but I don't care if I'm in a gown or rags as long as I get to marry the man I love." She turned her jade eyes back to the priest, still quite red-faced. "Please Father, begin. I don't want to wait another minute to call this man my husband."