Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Veil of Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, September 27, 2015, 11:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He was breathing soft and slow as he held her,a nd eventually the breaths became less labored. And though awkwardly placed, he felt the pull of sleep beg at him- but only after a few moments of shared silence after their bliss, there was a soft knock at the door.

Blaith's eyes opened.

"Duke Harmond.... We've got news."

He lifted his head towards the door.

"Yeah?"

"It's.. best told in private." Came the voice.

Sighing, Blaith turned to his wife and stole a long, soft kiss.

"Guess the honey moon is over.." he went on, smoothing his hands down her sides.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

There hadn't seemed much time to catch their breath in peace before a soft knock interrupted their quiet moment of simply holding one another in exhausted contentment. Lillian sighed with Blaith as there was apparently "private" news.

Her fingers moved to lightly run through her husband's hair as he kissed her so softly. Lillian made a soft hum of pleasure as his hands stroked her sides, jade eyes looking at him lovingly before she smiled and gave him a final soft peck on the lips. "Not over, simply on hold for now."

With that she shakily climbed out of his lap and began rearranging her clothes so that she would once more be descent. Ansgar forbid one of Blaith's men get an eyeful.

"If you're doing that I'm going to go see what comforts I can't manage to secure. If we're staying here for long I'm sure I can find a hot bath and a soft bed at least." Hopefully her husband would be able to join her before too long.

visualspice

Blaith nodded and moved to get decent himself. But just as they were finishing up, he captured her in his arms again and stole a kiss.

"We'll see, my wife," he told her, thumb stroking her cheek. "If I had all of the power in the world, we'd be locked in this confessional forever."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Forever?" Lillian asked with a playful glint in her eyes. "Seems an odd place from which to rule your kingdom, what with all that power. More importantly, seems an odd place to raise a family. Might get a bit crowded quickly."

visualspice

"Hey, wife," he began, trying to scold her, but his smile could not be contained. But his words were stolen from him as he looked into her eyes and leaned forward to kiss her, soft.

"Don't destroy dreams with logic." His thumb continued to stroke her cheek. "Its ignoring those that got us here."

Zero

Lillian hummed happily as he kissed her softly, reaching up to place her arms around his neck, pressing herself close against him. Her body was exhausted, but that she still wanted nothing more than to be held in his arms.

Her stomach growled suddenly and she had to amend that wishlist slightly. Laughing softly she gave him another soft peck on the lips. "Go see what they want. I've worked up an appetite and my stomach will not be denied. Hot food, hot bath, warm bed - don't keep me waiting too long, my husband."

visualspice

And that's when he scooped her up into his arms and kicked the door open, startling the men outside, and probably his wife. At least he has alotted time for both be and his wife to get decent.

Zero

Lillian was rather startled, as she hadn't been expecting to suddenly be scooped up. She let out a surprise squeak even as the door flew open courtesy of her new husband's boot. At least they were both properly covered - though she supposed 'properly' might really be a stretch considering how disheveled she undoubtedly looked.

Grumbling softly, she turned her head to press her face against Blaith's shoulder. She hoped whatever the men had to say was important, because damnit she was going to throttle them if it wasn't.

visualspice

Once outside, he gestured to his men, adjusting his pants as he said, "Should we go to speak int he back." Then he gestured to Lily. "Any news can be said in front of her. My wife doesn't leave my side."

The man nodded, and gestured for them to follow, and once in a small back room without a window, they revealed, "From the south, troops are coming. They're the Grand Duke's men, and it's hard to tell if they'll know what has happened to Fort Dhagh, and if we can bypass a battle out of their ignorance. Apparently, there are rumors your sister-"

And at the mentioning, Blaith's eyes widened.
"Kella?" And he stepped forward, demanding, "Where is she!?"

The man was taken back, but hesitated not to reveal, "Towards the river west of here. It was said she was nearly captured at the village a quarter mile from this town. If we were to guess correctly, this is a band of soldiers who are hunting after her."

Blaith went cold... quiet. It didn't lost long, when he finally commanded, "Then we will stop them- slaughter them where they are."

"My lord?"

"They're the enemy, and we can't let them get to my sister. A thousand men would die first."

Zero

Lillian was happy to stay as close to Blaith as possible. Mostly. She really was hungry and would have loved a nice hot bath, especially considering how messy the time in the confessional with her new husband had been. Still, she couldn't help but grin to herself thinking about how very thoroughly they had consummated the union.

Except the news had any hint of a smile leaving her face. The Grand Duke's men here? Her heart sank as she thought of all the men that might die. Well, it was a war, but it was still troubling. Blaith hadn't managed to meet with her father yet.

The White Lily gasped softly when they mentioned Blaith's sister, and immediately put a hand on her husband's arm when he stepped forward. She wasn't sure if it was an attempt to comfort him or restrain him.

It was all grim news, but she didn't dare question his order to slaughter the men that were hunting Kella. Lillian didn't want anything to happen to her either, she had seemed a very sweet woman.

"Should we send a small hunting party to follow the rumors of your sister? If they move quickly enough maybe we can find her and bring her to safety in the camp..." It was a thought. The battle would happen no matter what, but they did still need to find Kella. For Blaith's sake. Plus she had a personal, vested interest in the man traveling with her.

That bastard had stolen her armor and would have killed her.

visualspice

Blaith tuned to Lily and gave a firm nod.

"Gather a small group of men, no more than a dozen, and send them on the trail. Be sure a tracker is with them. The rest wake up and tell them we need to get moving. Can't forget this is a war now can we." And he turned to look at Lily just once before looking towards the door.

"We move out within the hour. Just see to it it's done."

"Yes, my lord." And wiht a bow, then men retreated with haste, and soon the sounds of a waking army came to life.

Zero

Well that was to be expected, it was a war. Still, Lillian couldn't help but deflate slightly. She was filthy, tired, and hungry. Why couldn't she have spent her wedding night relaxing and enjoying her new husband? Well, she'd at least gotten to thoroughly enjoy him...

"Under an hour, just my luck. No rest for the wicked?" She sighed heavily before pouting at Blaith with a vindictive glint to her jade eyes. "Well if we're riding out that soon maybe I can at least find something to eat quickly, and hopefully some lukewarm water to wipe off the stickiness with. And I was so looking forward to a hot soak. You'll have to punish the Grand Duke's men viciously for their rude interruption of my wedding day. I'm supposed to be pampered tonight."

visualspice

Though he stood as a figure, tall and statuesque, upon turning to his new wife, he suddenly caught her by the arm and stole a kiss.
"Oh, you will be pamperede." he assured her, kissing her again and taking a thumb to hold up her chin. It seemed any stiffness melted in her presence as he leaned in to kiss her cheek. But he didn't stop there, and kept his arms wrapped around her in a sweet embrace, his cheek resting to hers as he sighed.
"My love... my life.... Through you, I know I can take on Hell."

Zero

With her he could take on Hell...Lillian hoped that was true, because it was very likely that Blaith would have to by the end of all this.

Pushing aside any dark or heavy thoughts, because damnit all it was her wedding day no matter how unconventional or non-traditional, she wound her arms around her husband and held him gently. "How do you propose to pamper me when our army rides out in an hour, dear husband?"

visualspice

He grinned and kissed her again.
"The wedding day has gone on for just a few hours, yet you doubt your husband already?"

Zero

"It's not you I doubt. It's everything else." The war was hardly going to wait on them to enjoy a life together in peace. Lillian sighed and moved her fingers up to caress Blaith's cheeks softly before moving them back through his hair. "I love you."

visualspice

A hand went to her cheek.
"Only the Gods know why."
Then he placed his other hand on her other cheek, and pulled her in for a long, deep kiss.

Zero

Lillian smirked faintly before being drawn into the kiss with a happy hum. She could debate that it wasn't just the Gods that knew, after all, didn't she know why she loved him? Sure, he was a handsome man with an appealing smile, but there was a lot more to him, once you dug beneath the insanity that seemed to grip him when away from her grounding influence.

visualspice

He stole another kiss.
"Come, let's find you a private room to wipe up in?" He gave her a smirk. "Then we can ride out. And you can be at my side."

Zero

"Yeah, yeah..." Lillian stuck her tongue out at him, grabbing his hand and gently tugging him towards the door. "Just remember you owe me some pampering after the battle."