Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Headache

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2011, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"So, which was it this time? Dice or drawing pieces of straw?" Devilyn asked, smiling pleasantly at her friend's discomfort. Britt had been tasked with taking some new recruit under his wing for a day, something she knew he'd never volunteer for. Ever. Even if it were really just some pretty barmaid, Britt would never volunteer for such a thing. He'd become a guard largely to escape the responsibilities of training new recruits, after all.

"Lottery." he grumbled, looking particularly miserable. Like an injured dog who refused help and was content to simply limp around with a sour disposition. "I lost," he grumbled, before hiding his graying hair beneath his helmet. He wasn't particularly old, which was precisely why it was embarrassing enough for him that he'd readily wear a heavy piece of steel over his head. Though in all fairness to the helmet, he'd been griping about just about everything all morning. He was not looking forward to this.

"I'd say that's fairly obvious," Devilyn commented, "Your mood today could curdle milk." While Britt was clad in lighter mail armor, Devilyn was wearing the full set of plate armour of a Mordecai, complete with a meticulously cared for white tabard that distinguished them from ordinary heavy infantry. She however, wasn't about to wear a helm; the day was only going to get warmer, and she didn't need to pass out from walking around sealed in a tin can all day. "Cheer up old man, it's only for a day. And I doubt your little protege is going to be that bad."

"Yes, well, he's going to be late if he's not here soon, and I don't plan on sticking around even a second after to wait for him."

Rhindeer

Faolán had never been to Reajh before. In fact, he'd never been to any of the big cities, having grown up in a small village in Matron's Hollow, the son of shepherdess. This place was huge, so not what he was used to, and if ever he felt like a country bumpkin, well, now was it.

Especially since it was so damned easy to get lost.

I'm gonna be laaate! Faolán thought in panic as he raced down the street at break-neck speed, dodging around people as he went. He knew where the meeting place was; he'd been there before. The problem was, he didn't remember how to get there. With so many winding streets and different buildings and crowds of people, it was easy to forget.

Especially since he spent a lot of time gawping and less time paying attention to landmarks.

But somehow, by the grace of Ansgar's beard, he managed to find his way. He recognized the Mordecai tabard and the guardsman's helm. That must be it! And God help him if it wasn't.

Panting, light hair plastered to his sweaty brow, he slowed to a stop before the pair and and gave a crisp salute. "Faolán Ruane, sir!" he announced between breaths. "I'm not late, am I?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa