Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thanks for the crown. Enjoy your Pig.

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Hey, woah, are you ok?" he asked, reaching for her, catching her lightly, though when she flinched away, he frowned. "Are you sure that's wise?" he tilted his head with some concern. "That's a long climb up, and you don't look stable. Though I suppose you could hold onto my back if you're feeling dizzy while I guide you up there."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Beatrid grit her teeth, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath of kerchief. There were few things she hated worse than weakness--except for weakness in herself. And to have him be the one helping her through this? It somehow made it even worse.

But the rational part of her knew she was being foolishly proud, and much as she didn't want to admit it, he was right.

She took another breath, let it out slowly, and did her best to let some of that pride flow out with it. She just needed to go along with this foolishness only as long as it took to get him into custody.

"Fine. Ah, that...yeah. That should work."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Gherrick had met her types before. They were proud and strong, not wanting help, so it always proved more difficult to help them. So when she agreed, he smiled and nodded and moved towards the ladder.
"It shouldn't take long, but perhaps you should hold my hand in case you get dizzy?" he said, after taking three steps up and turning around, offering a hand. "Or you could just hold onto my back." He gestured towards the blue fabric of his tunic with a jerk of his thumb.  "Which ever makes you more comfortable. But don't grab onto my staff. I'd prefer not to get choked if the worst were to happen and you slipped. And it might not hold as securely as the rest of me." He offered her another boyish grin and waited to see what she'd do, though perhaps giving her more options might be pushing his luck to keep her amicable. But then again, this was Gherrick, or to some, the elusive 'Seven of the Sea' or the 'mage bandit'. So he put out a had, but also kept his back turned to her, the gold embroidered number '7' on the back of it catching hte faint rays of sun that shined down through the sewer grate.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Coming up behind him, Beatrid grabbed a fistful of his tunic with one hand, a ladder rung with the other, and placed a foot on the ladder. "Just get climbing," she told him, feeling her face heat with embarrassment. Though she supposed it could have been worse; he could have carried her piggyback-style up the ladder, but she wasn't that damned helpless.

And she thought she might opt to stay in the sewer before she went along with something like that.

Behind him, her eyes caught the number on his back. "What's that mean?" she asked, following him up. "The seven, I mean."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

At the question, he recalled the crack of the whip, and tensed. But turned around to smirk at her briefly as he continued to climb (still being ever watchful so that she could keep herself steady as they moved up and up).
"I suppose you never heard any of the stories? The legends and rumors behind my name? Though most of that alter ego was wrapped up in my pirating days. Though it's humorous to think I've gained two different nick names and personas in my career, I much like the fancy title of 'Seven'. I think it sounds dashing, and I think some ladies think it sound dashing, too. So when I introduce myself, I normally go by that moniker." He then smiled again, glancing back at her as he paused, nearly at the top of the ladder. "Though you might call me Seven, I don't believe I ever caught your name. What shall I call you when you're chasing me again down the streets?"

Rhindeer

Beatrid started to roll her eyes, but reminded herself that that would be a bad idea. Instead, she settled for snorting when he talked about his nickname and how the ladies found it 'dashing'. "I think it sounds like a number," she remarked, and had to grip his tunic tighter when her foot slid on one of the damp rungs.

Correcting herself, she focused a little less on the design of his shirt and more on where she was putting her hands and feet.

"Well, Seven, you may call me Beatrid. 'Fraid I don't got any interesting stories to go with it," she told him, and added, "Why 'Seven', anyway?"

visualspice

Gherrick made sure to take his time, especially when she began to lose her footing. He remained there, waiting to see if she'd need help, but only smiled when she righted herself and pressed the question again.

"Perhaps it's my lucky number?" he said, smirking again as he made it to the top, and with a grunt, he pushed at the grate, once, twice, then finally he was able to cast it aside as his blue eyes peered up into the streets....
just as a carriage rolled over head.
"Shit!" it wasn't like him to swear, but he was nearly run over by the damn thing as he ducked back down into the sewer opening, gripping more tightly to the ladder rung before asking, "Er, sorry about that. Are you ok?" He glanced back down at Beatrid.

Rhindeer

They were almost there, thank God. Beatrid could almost taste the fresh air, and already she was longing for a bath. Really, all she wanted to do was curl up somewhere and sleep--though she knew she shouldn't, not with a head injury--but instead, nope, she was being taken on some wild goose chase. Hopefully it would end soon.

'Seven' was messing with the grate above, and soon he got it open. Beatrid took another step up on the ladder--and that was when he ducked down with a curse. With a curse of her own, jostled by the movement, she nearly slipped again, hand fisting in his shirt so hard she hoped, in retrospect, she didn't jerk him off the ladder.

She let her forehead thump against his back. "Son of a--will you pay attention?" She barked up at him. "I'm fine, but hurry up. And watch it. I'll stop mentioning the damned number for now, it's obviously going to your head."

visualspice

Gherrick gave a laugh, it was laced with nerves, but was a clear, soft, beautiful sound none the less.
"Ok, Miss Beatrid, I shall try my best," he smiled.  "I must've been too excited by the prospect of reaching the surface and fresh air I nearly lost my head!" HA! Literally....
So peering about, he noted it was clear and crawled up onto the streets, offering a hand down to Beatrid once he got his legs on the solid, cobblestone road.
"Here, let me help you up here. The air smells wonderful."
For it truly did.

Rhindeer

"Don't call me that," Beatrid cut in, scowling. "It's just 'Beatrid'." Because she was certainly no "miss", and it was always rather jarring to hear it when it was directed at her. "Miss" was for respectable women, certainly not a soldier like her. It was grating, as well; she didn't want to be respectable and quite enjoyed the freedom that came with it.

Reaching up for his hand, she clasped it firmly and pulled herself up, eager to get out. She practically flopped herself onto the cobblestones, sucking in great, gulping lungfuls of fresh air. "Ansgar's teeth, this is amazing," she breathed, and slowly crawled onto her knees, blinking in the sunlight.

Maybe it was just disorientation speaking, but she didn't recognize the place.

"Where the hell are we?"

visualspice

After helping her to her feet, Gherrick strained his neck, looking all around at the bizarre bazarr they found themselves within.

"I think this is the South Side Bazarr," Gherrick said, rubbing at the back of his neck. "It borders the slums, so the main street that runs through the city should be just past the buildings over there." He pointed towards a few of the ones that looked a little shabby, but at least there were people about, even a guard posted at the end of the way near a nicer looking manor home.

And not only did the fresh smell of the city greet them, but so did the fresh smell of roasted pig. Gherrick felt his stomach gurgling, and Beatrid might have even heard it too.
"Ugh, that roasted pig sure smells good." And it was roasting outside of a small tavern. He wondered if they had baths available, but no sooner did he think it did he see the sign where baths were available for five coppers. He gestured towards it. "Er, perhaps we ought to pay a short visit to that tavern over there? For all of the mess I've caused, the least I could do is pay you for your time and help you get a bath." He wrinkled his nose. "We reek of sewer." Not a flattering smell, after all.

Rhindeer

Gherrick was full of surprises.

Honestly, just when she thought they had something of an understanding, he did something that made her think that maybe she was completely wrong. This, just as the one concerning her sword, was another one of those moments. Those moments where he acted like they were all...chummy or something.

While Gherrick had been surveying the area and noticing things like roasted pig and baths, Beatrid had been scanning the area for help--namely, other guards. She needed to be discreet about this, because if the common folk realized who this man was--a confirmed mage and infamous criminal--they could easily have a mob on their hands in no time flat, and there was no way he would survive that, and little she could do to prevent it. Her job, however, was to take him into custody and get him into the proper hands alive and in one piece.

So while she noticed the guard by the manor, it wasn't like she could call out to him. Panic would ensue, Gherrick would notice, and it would be a disaster.

But in her current state, she was useless.

And yet...maybe not. An idea hit her then.

She rubbed her sore head and then rested her hand on his upper arm, as though for support. "A bath, huh?" She lifted her shoulders in a shrug. "Why not, if you're intent on buying. Lead the way, then, good sir."

visualspice

Gherrick was surprised when she obliged, but his smile warmed over that fact as he nodded.
"Do you need help walking over there? Here, lean on my shoulder. ANd don't worry about the smell, they won't know whihc one of us is the stinky one if we go in in pairs," he said with a laugh. Though as he approached the tavern, he did notice another guard at the end of the way, but pretended not to notice as the two disappeared inside. Once the baths were ordered, he stepped out into the small alley way leading to the bath house as he fiddled over the soap and towels given to them.
"I wonder if the baths will be warm," he said, making idly chit chat as he moved to open the door, the bell ringing and alerting the bath maid inside.

Rhindeer

Beatrid complied without much fuss, leaning on his shoulder. Another time, and pride may have won her over despite the pounding pain and dizziness, but now she had a goal in mind and she was eager to get there and bring this mess to an end.

"I'm afraid to admit I hardly notice the shit stink anymore," she said, hoping he couldn't hear the sound of her heartbeat, which sounded so loud in her own ears. There was another guard nearby, closer than the last one--perfect.

Soap and towels were quickly acquired, and she walked with Gherrick through the alley toward the bath house. She glanced sideways at Gherrick. This could get very awkward.

"I've heard they are, though I've never been," she said as they reached the entrance. "Otherwise ya may as well jump in a bloody river."

The door opened, and scented steam drifted out through the crack. Beatrid waved it away and soon could make out the form of a smiling middle-aged woman. "Come, come inside before we let out all the heat!" she said, ushering them in. Tugging lightly on Gherrick, she walked inside into a room that could only be described as comfortably sweltering.

It seemed they weren't doing much business that day, for there were only two large tubs an older man who was just finishing off in one of them. Walking to an hearth used for heat, and to warm various smooth stones, the woman filled a bucket with the rocks and dropped them into the end of the unoccupied tub with a steamy hiss.

"Please let me know if you need anything," she told them. "You can store your clothes over here." She pointed out a table set away from the hearth.

Beatrid paused, raising an eye at Gherrick. The steam obscured much in the room, giving some sense of privacy, but not enough.

visualspice

OOC: I hope I read this right XD If not I'm sorry D:
*is sleepy and woke up with a head ache*

---------------

As the steam cleared, all Gherrick could do was stare.
And stare and stare as he realized the pair of them would hardly have any privacy.
"Er.." he shuffled about uneasily beside her. "Perhaps it's best if we were to take turns?" he suggested, blue eyes glancing down upon her. "To keep modesty." After all, he wasn't about to take advantage of a woman like this- even if well... it was just a bath but... but still! His face was nearly as red as his hair as he tried to steel himself, but his own heart was pumping just as loudly within his chest as Beatrid's.
Ugh.. did they really have to...
Damn these communal baths!
But they both reeked of sewer.. and well....
His hands were already sweating, the tips of his hair collecting water from the steam.
Gods... he honestly hoped they wouldn't have to...
but well.. it WAS a communal bath house....

:|

Rhindeer

[ooc: you read it right! xDDD I hope your headache feels better!]

----

It was Beatrid's turn to smirk.

"Really? Modesty?" she said, snorting. She started to undo her belt. "Don't be such a fuckin' prude. It's a bath. Get over it."

She'd gotten over it years ago, herself; military life would do that to you, when you had to dress, bathe, sleep, and shit in close proximity to other people who were doing the same thing. Not to mention those cold nights when you really didn't give a crap about anything else but cuddling up to another warm body so you both didn't freeze. She wasn't an Adhara, either, no Knight of the White Lily. She'd marched with men and women alike and it just didn't faze her anymore.

Belt loosened, she shucked off her tabbard and tunic, revealing the chest bindings wrapped tightly around her scarred torso. She set the tunic and tabbard on the table. "If you're worried about me seeing your dick, don't be. I've seen many a great deal smaller, I'd wager."

visualspice

OOC: LOOOOOOL

and yeah, head ache is gone, but I woke up all stiff the second time around x.x
guess I'm getting old 8D

------------------

Gherrick laughed, though it was an anxious one.
"Nothing seems to phase you, does it?" he said. Though he was impressed, and despite his time at sea, he was a gentleman through and through. "And it's a hard habit to drop," he admitted. "I believe women are to be respected in erm, this regard." Ugh, now his face continued to burn. Though he had seen women in their natural state, it wasn't something he just threw out there or sought after like some men might. He was erm.. a gentleman after all. And not that he had anything to hide, on the contrary, it was more or less for her decency than his own. If he had to he would but well...

He supposed he had little choice. They both were stinky and well... with a shrug... he stepped into the tub with a PLOP and began scrubbing his self down- while he was STILL fully dressed.
"Might as well make use of these waters on my clothes as well!" he said with a smile. Sudsy bubbles were all over his clothing, quickly lathering here an there, he even worked at his boots, propping the black leathered things up on the lip of the tub and worked the to a lather, rinsed, then plopped them off of his feet to one side. Then, once finished with his clothing and pants, he dropped the sopping wet clothing aside in a pile and sighed, reclining back int he tub and just let the rest of his body soak. It was one way to keep himself modest before her, considering she wouldnt have seen anything when he was pulling off his clothing between splashes of water, though she might have noticed the scars on his body as well, and the black detailed number 7 tatoo upon his back. Though he didn't question her scars, he knew they were there an knew she had a story to tell probably for all of them, but it wasn't his place to look or gawk at them or even pry, as he hummed lightly and began to suds up under his arms, his blue eyes as bright as the day, appearing as if nothing at all was out of the ordinary. Just a pair of stinky sewer dwellers looking to get cleaned up!
"So is military life hard?" he said, figuring on starting some idle chit-chat while they bathed.

Rhindeer

[ooc: DON'T SAY THAT! xDDD I'm older than you! AHHH! xP]

-------

Beatrid had started working on her wrappings, amused at how nervous he sounded--and how red he was. His explanation, however, made her roll her eyes. "Oh, please. I'm hardly a lady--what are you doing?"

Into the bath he went, clothes, boots, and all, and Beatrid was left staring in a mixture of horror and amusement. Amusement because was he really that desperate to be a "gentleman"? And horror because those boots had tracked through the sewer!

"Ugh! You couldn't have taken your boots off first? Now the water's all shitty!" Okay, maybe she was exaggerating, and why else were they there but to get the disgusting off of them? Shaking her head, she motioned the bath maid over and spoke some words to her, then turned back to the bath as the maid blinked, nodded, and scurried off.

Turning back to the tub, Beatrid kicked off her boots, slipped off her breeches and wrappings, and gathered her clothes in her arms. Oh well. May as well join in at this point.

She had a dizzy spell on the way to the tub and nearly made a less-than-graceful entrance, but she managed to steady herself and sink into the water. For a moment, she just allowed herself to soak, enjoying the sensation of heat seeping into sore muscles--and waiting for the spell to pass. "Hmm, yeah. At first. You get used to it, but it still has its challenges. There's always something new--like this," she said with a snort.

She nodded to him. "So did a really shitty seamstress sew that seven onto your clothes while wearing them or what?" she asked, referring to his tattoo.

Indeed, she had been paying attention.

visualspice

OOC: You're not THAT much older 8D
and if it makes you feel any better, I've had neck problems since high school >.<
and for the lamest reason ever |8*

-----------------

Gherrick laughed off most of her comments with ease. He was staring to lighten up a bit and gave a shrug, but then at her comment about his tattoo he gave a laugh.
"That would make for an interesting story," Gherrick said, rubbing his chin in thought and skirting around her question. "But no, I just had a plain old tattoo done by someone who fancied themselves good with ink on skin. Though I suppose it's not as pretty as the seven on my shirt."

Rhindeer

[ooc: xD! Only a year! RESPECT YER ELDERS! >8D
Augh really? D8]

------------

"Interesting," Beatrid said as she started to lather up, though not nearly as carefully as he had. She couldn't really fathom it. She put enough holes and cuts on her body just doing her job; why would someone pay to permanently mark themselves, even if it was a fancy mark?

"Did it hurt?"

Tags: