Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Careful What You Wish For...

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2007, 02:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"So, my little one...What is it your heart desires...?"

The soft and alluring voice floated over the empty and shadowed marketplace. Only the moon and scarce stars offered any glimpse of the goings-on below their lights.

Citeakari stood over the weeping young man before her, her long, golden hair rustling about a slender form. A pale hand rested atop the male's chesnut hair, glowing crimson orbs staring silently at his trembling form.

"I can grant you anything you want...I heard the sorrow of your heart...Calling to me..." She whispered alluringly, gracefully kneeling in front of him and lifting his chin to stare into his tear-stained eyes. "What do you desire...?"

"Please...You have to...Bring back Lara...I...I loved her..." The youth sobbed, his countenance one of pure, heartbroken sorrow.

Citeakari's black feline ears twitched in interest. "I can do that for you...But I require...Reimbersement..." She whispered, caressing the wisher's face in her hands.

"Anything...I'll give you anything..." He sobbed desparately, leaning his head against the woman's shoulder for comfort. "I'll give you everything I have..."

"Then..." She made him look at her once more. "That is what I shall take..." Leaning in suddenly, she kissed his lips. After a moment of bewilderment, the young man slumped backwards, becoming nothing but a lifeless heap on the ground.

In one fluid motion, the feline/human hybrid withdrew and straightened up, licking the fangs that replaced her normal canines.

"Foolish child...You should watch what you wish for...You made it far too easy...But your soul was quite delicious..."

Anonymous

“Fucking fuck, fuck, fuck and fuck!�

Moments after the death of the young man, another voice broke the silence with an acidic yet rather uncreative string of curses. There came the sound of clumsy footsteps- he had a limp in one leg that was so bad that it was painful for most people to watch- and more cursing, and finally a figure emerged from an alleyway nearby. It was a man in his early forties, just about an inch or so above average height, slim around the waist but very broad across the shoulders. He had dark brown hair that was just barely too short to hide his eyes, which were so dull that they looked like glass eyes on a wax statue. There was no way a man that pale and with eyes that glazed could be alive… was there?

If Milo Meguin had been your average man, it would have been safe to say that he would not be alive much longer. Limping around alone in a dark alley in the middle of night like some kind of war-scarred madman, not only a country but an entire continent away from home in Thanatos, and after just engaging in adultery no less. If nothing out there killed most men, their wives would. Not to mention that it was Reajh, and people here did not take kindly to people like him. They seemed especially wary of him in particular, though- and perhaps with good reason.

But Milo was not here to raise zombies and wreak havoc in the streets. He was just a mentally unhinged and rather debauched nobleman, a necromancer, a former army boy, an unfaithful boyfriend and an abusive father, and he’d come here to cheat on his lover. Perhaps not the wisest thing he could have done, confirmed by the fact that the two of them had chosen to meet here in Reajh instead of in either of their hometowns so they couldn’t be magically spied on and caught, but to a city that pulsed daily with activity and crowds it wasn’t a big deal.

Except that the man with whom he was meeting hadn’t shown up, which meant that Milo was in a whole lot of trouble. What had been his fate? Caught by his wife, which would no doubt result in her contacting Elysian Fields and letting the poor man know what Milo was doing behind his back? Or had Meguin just been stood up? Maybe arrested for being a mage or something, or got mugged and was lying by the side of a road somewhere. Right. Like that would go over well.

Thus absorbed in his cursing and swearing, which at this point he was rather enjoying because it relieved his stress quite effectively for the brief moment the words were on his lips, Milo did not notice the cat creature that stood in the middle of the empty street until he tripped over the corpse she’d been speaking to.

Immediately the lines of sorrow and anger on his face deepened in pain and he doubled over. Both arms suddenly found themselves employed to hold his crippled leg off the ground, and after plenty of yelping, gasping and more cursing he found a wall and straightened up, leaning heavily on the wall to take some pressure off his leg. Still wincing, he looked around to see why the hell there’d been some random guy lying on the ground to be tripped over and caught sight of the feline woman. His glassy eyes still held no expression, even in pain, but they widened in surprise for about a half a second. He looked right at her and brashly asked, “Who the hell are you?�

Anonymous

Citeakari watched curiously as the necromancer stumbled over her newest victim. At his engraged outburst, she let out a ringing, and yet obviously cruel laugh.

"Hello, child...What an interesting surprise..." She put on a seemingly sweet smile as she kneeled in front of this strange and almost pitiful sight. Putting on a convincing facade was one of the feline's best skills. No matter what her outward appearance was, it was practically impossible, even for an impath, to know her true intent. Hmmm...Might I get a second soul to feast upon...? She wondered with an intrigued smile. Two souls in one night would certainly be a treat...It had been quite a while, and she was never at a want for hunger.

"My name is not important...But what matters is that I am an Alichino...A wish-granter...I can grant you anything you desire...For a small price, of course..." The strange woman's smile widened slightly as she placed one finger underneath Milo's chin.

"Stumbling across my path in such a way as this...Can be nothing short of fate, you know..." Her smooth and hypnotizing voice lowered nearly to a whisper as she watched the man from underneath her lashes. "There must be something...You desire...Am I correct?"

((Would you like to see a picture I finally drew of Citeakari? it's not that good, but...))

Anonymous

Milo’s lip curled in an involuntary growl at her laugh. She was an inch away from fucking cackling, for Deathsakes, and she expected him not to be suspicious of her? Not a chance in hell. Of course, she probably did not know that she was talking to quite possibly of the most paranoid people ever born.

What the… child?! Did he look like a freaking child? He actually kind of wished he could look a bit younger, for fuck’s sake! Damn it all, half his life was over and the rest would be all down hill into disability and dementia. Between his burnt-out boyfriend, his spineless maggot of a son, and the pressure he put on himself to be as tough as he tried to be, he was old before his time.

“Are you blind and stupid, or do you just call everyone ‘child’?�

He looked down at her and felt something between horror and disgust when she knelt in front of him. Death almighty, was that supposed to look seductive? Of course he was aware that he was somewhat of a pathetic sight himself, but fuck… she had to have more common sense than that!

“Wish-granting, eh? Is that what happened to that guy?� asked Milo as he made a gesture toward the cadaver that had started this whole mess. “I’ll have you know, for starters, that I don’t trust any woman farther than I can throw her- and especially not one with no name. Second, acting all alluring and seductive around me won’t do you much good, because if you haven’t figured it out by now I’m more interested in finding Romeo than Juliet.�

He reached up to trap her wrist in an iron grip when her finger started to get too close to his chin. Woah there, bad kitty! He hated having his personal space invaded like that. Even Lysi would be lucky to get anything more than a pat on the hand from him on most days, he certainly wasn’t going to let some bloody stranger touch his face. If it weren’t for the fact that he was already leaning against a wall, his leg still didn’t feel any better, and it would have been taken as a sign of fear, he would have stepped back.

Oh great, she just had to use the word “stumbling�! Couldn’t she see that he was humiliated enough already?

“Yeah, fate my ass, and that’s what fate can kiss too.â€? There was a slight hiss of pain in his voice that made it sound even more aggressive than usual, but also more pitiful. Family and friends always did tell him he was more cranky after the… accident… that left him crippled. “Try thinking of it as something called sheer blind coincidence. I’m out late at night, in a strange city, I shouldn’t be, and I tripped over a corpse. Big deal.â€? For all he knew, she was probably the one who killed the poor bugger to begin with. It certainly looked suspicious to just be casually limping along, minding one’s own business, and suddenly encounter a woman standing over a dead body who immediately offered to do you any favour you wanted for a price. It was just… fishy. Very, very fishy.  

Throughout the entire conversation his eyes, which perhaps should have been wide with shock, rolling in exasperation, blazing with anger or even radiant with hope were none of these things. They remained as glossy as they were before she had spoken to him, and it would not have been hard to believe that he was actually blind, except that he blinked like a normal person would. But he was not blind, or at least not in a literal sense of the word. He was just… consumed by his own beliefs, so much so that he always had a hypnotized look about him like someone who walked in their sleep. He had brainwashed himself.

He frowned- or, perhaps, he really tried to grin and ending up grimacing- at her whispered words, although his eyes remained unchanged. “Of course there is, my dear. Everyone has something they desire, I bet, even you. But if you want me to tell you, you’ll have to try harder than that.�

(Oooh I would LOVE to see a picture! And hey, I bet its probably better than you give ourself credit for. People are always so self-critical about their drawing.)

Anonymous

Citeakari tilted her head curiously. My, my this male was entertaining. His spirit was rather...Refreshing. Most of her male victims were either weak, snivelling, or desparate. Generally worthless. This encounter would certainly be interesting. Maybe this place wouldn't be as droll as she had first believed it to be...

"Well, considering the fact that I am much older than most people, I feel that I may freely point it out, you see..." She gave another slight laugh and smiled innocently as she glanced at her afformentioned victim.

"Him? Ah...Well, I suppose you could say that he was a little too...Needy..." She shrugged boredly, twirling a long strand of hair around a pale finger. "'Twas his own fault, really..."

"And...More interested in finding 'Romeo', you said? Hmm...I wouldn't figure you to have a preference...It's rather...Restricting..." She mused with a slight smirk.

Having been alive as long as she had, Citeakari had tried virtually everything. After this, she had gained the ability to seduce almost anyone she desired. Despite that fact, however, the woman did have a certain affinity towards men. They were always more...Lively. Other women tended to be such pushovers that it was never very fun.

But there was Hachibi...Her demonic lover. Of course, this cnnection wasn't very official since the two tended to be as flirtatious with others as they were with each other. At times, however, some might qualify their relationship as something more...In a sadistic sort of way.

"And I know everyone desires something...That is why I am here...If someone wants something, I give it to them...That is my job, you see..." The feline female explained simply, slightly amused by the man's obvious pain. "For example..." She started softly, her blood red eyes taking on an eerie glint.

"I can make you...Whole again, if you so desired...It would not cost that much...Payment is only a problem when you ask too much..."

((Here is the picture...^_^U))

Anonymous

“And how exactly does one live to be so ridiculously old without aging, and not look… suspicious?� He said it in a tone that suggested that it did look rather suspicious to him. “Which brings up another question- why in the hell do you have cat ears, huh? I’m not inclined to trust women with cat ears, and I don’t particularly like cats.� Okay, so he hated cats. Fussy, attention-seeking, arrogant creatures they were, selfish and cunning and just plain bitchy as hell.

“His own fault my ass. I’ll bet you’re such a sadistic bitch that you approached him just like you did me, made him an offer he couldn’t refuse, then fucked him right up beyond repair. Do you do that for fun?� How was he to know whether or not she knew what someone would wish for before she even asked? Perhaps even if she were telling the truth she was only telling a half-truth, after all. Shades of grey and all that.

“Yeah, you heard me. You call that restricting? Try being tied down to a drama queen,� he snarled, his lip curling in disgust. All Elysian did was nag, nag, nag, and then when Milo expected a favour or two- of a sexual nature, of course- in return he claimed he was too tired to fuck. The passion had faded out of their relationship long ago… but Milo had been a young man back then, recently widowed, stuck looking after an infant son, and Elysian had been lonely. They had made a reckless decision. Social taboos surrounding such love between two men had been much more prevalent in Necromantia twenty years ago than they were now, which had prevented them from getting married, but they had formed a magical bond that was deep enough to transcend even marriage (or the lack thereof) that required them to live together- and to “mingle flesh� on a regular basis- and breaking of that bond would result in both of their deaths.

Being the deeply disturbed man he was, Milo had been wary of her from the start. Now, as her crimson eyes flashed freakily, he became even more suspicious. This was the man who had known nothing but the military since early childhood, who thought in terms of alliances rather than friendships, who even went so far as to hire a bodyguard.

“Yes, I know you know that everyone wants something, but what do you want? What do you claim in return? The souls of men? No offense,� which of course coming from Milo and in that tone of voice meant a lot of offense, all of which was intentional, “but you don’t seem like the type to accept... conventional methods of payment.�

He growled low in his throat at the thought of her enjoying his pain. At this point, he was majorly pissed off and couldn’t bear the thought of her enjoying anything. The deep wrinkles around his eyes- no doubt the result of too much time spent frowning, wincing, scowling and glaring- softened slightly and he forced his lips, which were drawn tight together with pain, to slacken a little. He straightened up and forced himself to stand normally as if his leg were fine, and only a mind-reading empathy would have been able to tell that he was in agony now. His back was ruler-straight, the result of years upon years in the military, and he folded his arms over his chest, a gesture that suggested confidence, aggression, strength and authority. To a passerby he would have looked very intimidating, but to someone who had seen him moments before he probably looked comical.

“Right. Bull-fucking-shit. You might be able to fix my leg, but life itself has crippled every piece of my body and no one can ever undo that. And judging by the evidence from your last wish-granting, I wouldn’t ask you to even if you could.�

Anonymous

((I'm really sorry that it's taken so long...My internet has been turned off and we just recently got it back...Please forgive me...))

"Well, frankly, I tend not to tell people my real age...To them I just appear to be a young woman, you see?" Citeakari replied smoothly, straightening up and twirling about, as if just to prove her point. "And I have cat ears because I am a cat, silly..." She gave him her chiding laugh once more, her fangs glinting in the moonlight.

"You're right about me being sadistic..." The woman smirked. "I sure as hell am, and I won't bother trying to convince anyone otherwise. But it really was his fault...Being so blinded by his own little fantasies and emotions that he strikes a deal with a, as you put it, 'suspicious' looking girl he met in some random bar. I mean, you can't seriously say that that is my fault, hm?" She glanced at him over her shoulder with a slight smirk. "I merely took...Advantage of the opportunity. That was all."

"And men are any better? From what I can tell of your personality, you seem to be just as much of a 'drama queen' as any woman I have met..." In Citeakari's eyes, no humans were worth having a meaningful relationship with. They could never understand or repay the sexual abilities of someone three thousand times their own age, so it made things rather boring. And wasteful.

"Hm? What do I want...?" She seemed actually intrigued by this question. "Heh...Wouldn't you like to..."

"Lady Citeakari!!" A young male voice seemingly echoed out of nowhere. There was a flash of silver and black flame and the speaker stepped out. He seemed to be a bit younger than the feline woman and was only a few inches taller than her small physique. His black-streaked, almost white-blonde hair was cropped short in the back, only to be accompanied by an extremely long set of bangs covering his deep blue left eye. A long black, silver, and red cloak cascaded around him as he hurried up to the woman he had addressed.

"Lady Citeakari..." He repeated earnestly, looking worried. "You didn't come out of the bar for so long...I went inside to look, but you were gone...And I almost thought..." He noticed Milo and blinked. "Who is he?"

((Allow me to introduce Rynou...He doesn't have a profile yet, but I'm working on it...^_^U Sorry again))

Anonymous

“So you are indeed a cat… and yet you are somehow also a woman? How does that work?â€? He clenched his square jaw at the nerve-grating sound of her laugh. Okay… he thought, that’s it, I’m leaving the country. Fuck this. He’d been stood up, Deathdammit! And by him no less! There was nothing left for him here. And besides, eventually he’d have to get back to Elysian if he didn’t want to be literally erased from the history of the universe.  

“You slithery jackal,� he growled, “sneaking up on the weak and pouncing when they least expect it. It may not be your fault that he was vulnerable, but you certainly could have refrained from swooping down on him.� He was being a hypocrite, and he didn’t give a damn that he was.

After all, she didn’t need to know he beat his frail teenage son senseless on a regular basis. Or that he wasn’t even very powerful of a necromancer, but had made a career out of manipulation. Or anything else.

“Ah, you are quite mistaken to think I meant any one sex in particular. You see, it was a man I was complaining about. You concede that you are indeed sadistic… but what do you have against someone who has nothing to lose?â€? He still kept his arms crossed, trying to look as stoic and impassive as possible. “Elysian Fields is a complete waste of oxygen. As far as I’m concerned, you can both rot in hell.â€? And him with them, Deathdammit! That little bastard! He didn’t even care if she didn’t know who the fuck Elysian Fields was.  

He turned his head slowly, deliberately in the direction of a young man’s voice, younger than Milo himself by a good decade at least. Milo watched in disgust as the young man in black and silver rejoiced at the sight of the cat-woman, confessed he’d been worried about her, repeatedly called her a lady and came within inches of groveling at her feet. Sheesh, get a life kid, Milo thought. Pathetic.

The other man finally noticed him, and of course demanded to know who he was. Milo shrugged. He’d rather watch the boy sweat out of pure sadistic cruelty than tell him what the hell was going on. “What do I look like? I’m a bitter old sonofabitch. Your worst nightmare, maybe, or just a little thorn in your side.�

Anonymous

"Why does it matter how it works?" The blonde smirked teasingly, crimson eyes glittering. "All that truly matters is that it does...Agreed? You would not understand the im-between details..."

The "insult" seemed quite flattering to the hybrid, as another bell-like (albeit secretly cruel) laugh emerged from her lips. "Slithery 'jackal'? Did I not get the point of 'cat' through to you? You humans really are[/] ignorant. And I certainly was not 'swooping' upon anyone. If I had not come by this unfortunate soul, someone else surely would have...And I can almost guarantee that they would not have been as...Friendly as I."

"Ooooh...And 'rot in hell', can I?" This seemed even MORE enjoyable, as a tongue ran over short fangs with a flash of pink. "The last time I tried that, I could have taken over...Being one of the only real females in hell can have advantages, you see." She mused, partly to herself, as if reliving some fond memories of friendship. But it was unlikely many other would regard them as such. "Ah. Is this 'Elysian Fields' the one who has you so...Worked up? I can eliminate him, if you wish..."

Rynou's light eyes widened in slight fright and he seemed to jump at the harsh reply. He left his gaze from the elder's eyes quickly, disliking the thought of further contact in any way.

"I-I am sorry...I did not mean to pry or be rude..." He fidgeted shamefully, biting his pale bottom lip in worry. He gave another bow, deeper this time.

"Now, now...Refrain from frightening my guard...Poor Rynou meant no harm."

Anonymous

.“You really do love to underestimate me, don't you? To think I wouldn't understand when you haven't even tried fucking explaining." Milo rolled his blank eyes again and muttered. “You know what? I don’t have time for this shit. I’m outta he-� his words stopped abruptly when she laughed again. He’d made a move to leave, but he suddenly halted and leaned back against the wall again.

He realized he had nowhere to go and forever to get there at this point, unless of course he decided not to vanish out of existence… and then he’d have to find Lysi and apologize for the millionth time; finally the reality of what he intended to do began to sink in. Milo easily hid everything- his shock, his sorrow and pain and the fear he was afraid to admit to himself that he felt at the thought of his own actions- behind a wall of boredom and anger, so much so that even the cat lady would not be able to read him past the surface of his impassive expression.

‘No no, again you misunderstand me. The jackal is a metaphor; a skulking, scavenging, nonconfrontational mongrel, much like you… kitty.� He spat the last word out like it was dirt.

“What are you talking about? Rotting in hell isn’t literal. Any fucker over the age of four ought to know that hell doesn’t exist. And as for the one of the only real females, I would have thought that the division would have approximately been half and half…� To Milo, a woman was a woman. He couldn’t tell the difference between a “real� female and one who just happened to have a female body; it was the men he was an expert in.

He almost slipped and came within inches of betraying some sign of surprise when she offered to “eliminate� Elysian; he knew he should have been expecting that, but he hadn’t. “Nah, not tonight, he’s not the one who fucked me over this time,� Milo replied. ‘In fact, I think I fucked him over in the process of getting fucked over, but then, why would you care to know that?�

Milo grinned cruelly as the young man muttered a reply. He fixed his unfocused gaze on Citeakari again. “You know, if he gets frightened so easily by a broken ol’ bastard like me, then being a guard is a really shitty career choice for him.� He turned back to Rynou. “What? Afraid of a cripple? This’ll be you in ten or twenty years you know, maybe thirty if you’re lucky.�

Anonymous

"Hm? Don't flatter yourself, child..." One of those taunting smirks returned to the hybrid woman's lips. "I find it easier to underestimate this little group you call humanity as a whole, as they usually deserve it in the end. Ignorance is quite the norm, I've found...Rather disappointing, I must say..." She mused off-topic slightly, a bored shrug emanating from those shoulders.

The blood-red eyes followed Milo's abrupt change of heart with obvious enthusiasm. While she could not perfectly tell what he was thinking (not to say she cared, of course), but she could sure as hell get some idea of the changes that had taken place in the train of thoughts. Mortals, she had found, were especially predictable. Men, most notably. They always followed similar patterns based off of what personality traits they seemed to posses...It actually became monotonous after a while.

"Oh...I understand. And, now you are underestimating me, since, if you really knew me, you would know that I am anythng BUT 'nonconfrontational'. In fact, I usually thrive for confrontational situations, when my job calls for it..." She retorted calmly, toying with a strand of long hair, her pale skin glowing eerily under the moon.

That next comment sent Citeakari into another bout of cruel laughter. "I am very sorry to ruin your little fantasy, but hell most certainly does exist. And any 'fucker' who has been there could tell you that, I am sure."

"Oh, and I would be careful of Rynou, if you are smart...That would be another underestimation...Never judge strength on looks. In fact, if you get him in the wrong mood...I doubt even I could restrain him..." She glanced at the young man, who was staring at the ground sheepishly.

"And I doubt he will be a cripple if he hasn't turned into one by now...Possession helps with these sorts of things...Doesn't it, Rynou?"

((I'm sooooo~ sorry for taking so long! I'm jealous of your amazing writing...TT^TT -hits self and then hands bat to Twitchy-))