Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dumplings, werewoves and catgirls Oh my! (Leto!!)

Started by Anonymous, September 27, 2007, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The little cat girl skipped though the streets of Reajh her cat tail swaying to and fro with her pace. Her blue eyes caught the shimmering of jewelry and she stopped to gaze at it before the shopkeeper shushed her away with a broom fearful a little ankle biter like her would steal one of her valuable treasures. Her cat ears twitching Aruruu brushed her white dress which was patterned with pink at the bottom of straw from the sweeper. And continued her way though the city her  keen nose twitched at the smell of food and found a small booth where an elderly ma was selling chicken dumplings. She ran up to the man “ A dozen dumplings pleaseâ€? she said reaching into her leather pouch and putting the needed coins on the counter . The old man put it in his own pouch and handed the girl her order “Ya sure you can all that little lass?â€? he asked , the neko child smiled “Yep thanks misterâ€? she replied and scampered off with the food.

Anonymous

The tall, stocky, dark haired man inhaled deeply as he wandered through the bustling city of Reajh. He had just wandered in from the uncivilized world and hadn't eaten anything more complicated than wild berries in the last two days. He was barefoot, as always, and he made his way slowly down the street.

Leto caught a scent trail that smelled as sweet as Lonchani's embrace and he followed it blindly. He walked with eyes half closed until he reached the cart of an old man selling the delicious dumplings he had smelled for the last five minutes as he walked.

The scent made his mouth water and he fumbled around in his pockets for coins to buy one. Soon however, he found his pockets were bare and he remembered he had spent the last of his funds on supplies to repair his tattered shirt. Other than the meager clothes he wore, and his father's ornate dagger, he had nothing to barter with. He decided he would have much preferred a slightly less empty stomach to a mended shirt.

As he grudgingly walked away from the cart he caught the same delicious scent and anxiously began to follow it in hopes of easy prey. After some time he came upon a diminutive creature that looked like a cross between a kitten and a young girl. The wolf in his Garou blood instinctively saw all small animals as fair game and he had a special dislike for cats. He gazed longingly at the tiny beast and her bounty of delicious dumplings. Leto grappled with himself internally, and finally decided to confront the loathsome little person.

In a low, whispering growl Leto said "Does a tiny creature like you need all that food? Or would you be willing to trade some, for uhh.. protection. After all, this city is a dangerous place..."

He gave his most convincing smile but was betrayed by his growling stomach and the saliva glistening on the end of his sharp fangs. His left hand rested on the hilt of his father's dagger.

Anonymous

Sapphire orbs looked up at him "No thanks mister I can take care of myself" her ears twitched at the thunder like sound Aruruu giggled "But I guess I don't need all of these so you can have some" she said handing him 5 good sized dumplings.

Anonymous

If Leto had a tail he would have been wagging it. His sharptoothed grin expanded as he reached out to take the dumplings. He hastily popped one whole into his mouth and he seemed to melt as the taste far outdid the wonderful smell. As he went to stuff a second dumpling in his face, he was jarred off balance by a heavy and powerful force. As he fell toward the little cat girl's widening eyes, he watched as the remaining dumplings flew into the air in an inescapable trajectory to the dirty ground below.

Anonymous

''EEEP" Aruruu yelped and scampered out of the way jumping into the air and catching the falling dumplings and landiing on the ground with catlike grace. She then looked down at the man on the ground "mister you okay?" she asked gently poking him in the arm with her tall finger.

Anonymous

Leto spit out some of the dirt he had just been force-fed by gravity.

"I'm fine... but someone should get a healer for whoever just pushed me."

He pushed himself up slowly and began to brush away the copious amount of dirt on his hands, face, and clothing.

Strangely happy to see the cat girl (and somehow, the dumplings) unharmed he looked up at the behemoth that had knocked him down.

Anonymous

The man who knocked down her new friend was laughing "Serves you right ya freak!" he said, Aruruu got angry "You bully  that was really mean!' she yelled "Hey take it easy there kid I was only haviing a little fun with the abonation" he grabbed the front of Leto's shirt and yanked him up into the air so that his feet were barley touching the ground "isn't that right wolfie?"

Anonymous

Leto's eyes flashed red and he gritted his teeth.

"I won't be a victim anymore... not after last time..." he whispered to himself.

"Get out of here kid, this won't be pretty.."

As he said this, Leto's muscles pulsed and grew stronger. He felt his nails shoot out of his fingers and grow into razor sharp claws.

He purposefully curled his claws in and made a non-lethal fist. In a flurry Leto   sent two swift, but less than full force, blows to side of the man's thick skull.

Seemingly undamaged by the hammer-like strikes, the large man looked stupidly at Leto then his brow formed in a menacing scowl.

"BAD DOGGY!" yelled the oaf as he failed in his attempt at clever humor. Leto felt his feet make contact with the bare ground as the larger man let go with one of his hands and swung it back to strike his captive.

With the distinct advantage of no longer dangling in the air, Leto put his full force into a jump that sent him flying. He soared upward and the entirety of Leto's body was now in mid air over the dumbfounded giant.

Anonymous

Aruruu got out of the way sensing that her new friend was angry and this proably wouldn't end well.

All of a sudden a little boy about 6 came up he was plainly a smith apprentice  judging from his battered clothing. His face was dirty with soot " Joshua are you fighting again ya know master Jonah we'll be mad if you are brought home by the jailer again" he said not looking at the cat-girl or Leto.

"Acck get out of here Tommy go back to the Smith shop !" the giant said pushing himself to his feet dodging the Garou just in time before he would've smashed into him.

" You know master says not to pick on other people just cuz' there different than you" the little boy agrued.

"Well I've been an apprentice longer but I guess you're right aobut the old coot getting angry let's go" the oaf put the boy on his shoulders and began walking he turned around "See ya never mutt!" he yelled and began running.

Anonymous

Astonished at the abrupt end to the scuffle, Leto didn't pursue the matter.

"Well... that was interesting... I thought for a second there things might get bloody" Leto looked down at the little cat girl as he spoke. "Didn't I tell you to get out of here? Err.. Did I even ask you your name? I'm Leto."

Anonymous

"Maybe but It's nice to meet you Leto I'm Aruruu you ca have the rest of these if you want I'm not hungry anymore" she said smiling and then added " Where are you from Leto? Are you going somewhere particular?" the nekojin asked.

Anonymous

Leto took the dumplings happily and wolfed them down as he spoke.

"Thanks! Let's just say I left the place I'm from a long while ago and I'm not going back. As to where I'm going, it's pretty much wherever my nose takes me I guess." Leto wiped his mouth and sighed with a satisfied fullness he hadn't felt in days.

He dusted himself off (again) and he was dismayed to realize his newly mended shirt had a new hole where the oaf was holding him.

Moving on he asked, "How about you kid, what's your story."

Anonymous

"Well I'm from this village of cat people in the north my mom died when I was born and my papa had died long before that so I lived with my grandma who taught me how to heal but then she died she I decided to travel" Aruruu replied sitting down on a bench and swinging her legs. "I guess I wanted new friends'' she added

Anonymous

"Hmm.. well, I don't know what good I am as a friend but I owe you for the food. The least I can do is follow you around and get in fights for your entertainment." Leto smiled his sharp-fanged grin as he turned back to his shaggy looking human form.

Leto checked his hip for his father's ornate dagger and found it securely sheathed and undamaged in the scuffle.

Anonymous

" Fighting doesn't entertain me it makes me sad to watch people fight" the catgirl said and added "and don't owe me anything you looked hungry and I had plenty but I would love if it you would be my friend".