Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can I get two Silver coins!? OPEN!

Started by Dreamwolf, November 11, 2012, 05:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamwolf

Ragnr held the dagger up in both hands, a faint glow from the ruby on its pommel giving away its magical properties. The early morning light streamed into the open square, and other merchants sold their goods at breakneck speed. The air was only slightly chilly this morning and many people were about chatting shopping and in the case of a few, drinking already.

"Can I get two silver coins for this dagger? Two silvers, a great deal for a piece such as this. Magicked so as to detect poisons or sickness in water and wine!" Getting crouchy at a lack of interest the Smith-Mage gave a last plea. "Come on now, I was given this in trade for another piece, even if you don't need it, its a fine looking thing to have. I'll throw in a ring,  fine silver ring etched with protective charms to keep your precious little lambs safe."

Giving up on passing off the magicked dagger, which he'd known would be useless to try and sell to anyone other than a noble, he opened up his cart to expose the various bits of jewelry and the dozen or so finely crafted swords he had inside. Choosing a necklace of woven silver threads and specially carved quartz that could easily be mistaken for diamonds he tried again to sell his wares.

"I made this piece myself, its a fine woven silver with diamond cut quartz. The quartz holds a spell within to promote long life and beauty. The skin of a fresh maiden will stay as smooth as it is when she put it on, and for those with sun-spotting or scars, this charmed necklace will overtime remove those blemishes!" What he didn't mention was that the effect only worked as long as the necklace was worn all day and night until the marks were gone, otherwise the spell wore off before it could work. From inside his cart a small red shape came leaping up, a mouse caught in its jaws. "Good lass Tunis! Keep the trash out of the cart. I need the food to last a bit longer with this crowd."

(((Note the foxes name is pronounce Too-Niece)))

alex_xr

Aira smiled at the busy market, they always amazed her, how many people could fit into such a tight space and conduct business.  She saw the dagger, which gave off magic. But it didn't peak her interest.  She  wondered if the merchant had any long swords, She still couldn't believe she had lost hers. 

"Nice Necklace sir, but i ask do you perchance have any long swords of note? " Aira's small frame and features, put her as a true fey, and not from the region.  She waited patiently for a reply and hopefully a item.

Dreamwolf

"Long sword? Lass, I make swords of the finest quality and have plenty to sell." He pulled a drawer of the side of his cart, revealing seven long swords, and two rapiers. Each sword was left in pieces, with various handles, cross guards and pommels, waiting to be added depending on the needs of the new owner. "Take one of those weighted rods and swing it round as you would a sword, Tell me which one feels most comfortable, and I'll find you the perfect blade, and handle, crossguard and pommel to make the sword fit you perfectly."

alex_xr

Aira  took one of the weighted rods and swung it around, in a simple motion she once learned.  She then tried another and another until she decided which one was just right for her arm. " I Like This weight good sir. " She noted that this cart didn't have as many people as some others.
" Do you get much business?"  Aira felt like some small talk, and thus she  decided to ask how business was. Of course it came out a bit different than she meant.

Dreamwolf

Fen glanced at the girl, She swung the rod well but he noticed the weight was a bit off. He contemplated the question of business while he put the long sword together. He used oak in the handle, which was a heavier wood than the pine or birch handles. He also used an iron cross guard and rose quartz pommel, with the quartz containing a trace of healing magic and a balancing spell he'd bought from another mage.

"Business depends on the people, the day, and the current political state. My swords sell better when people see a conflict beginning to boil, or when a noble fails to deal with bandits and rouges. My jewelry sells well enough, regardless of the current state of things. However, in these parts there are so many mages, its had to get a good price for magicked trinkets."

alex_xr

Aira smiled at the look of sword, it was coming together. " I am sure it is hard to get a good price. I personally have never tried making magicked trinkets. Do you have any? " She didn't buy things of this magnitude often. She wanted to find out if he had anything else.  " I notice you put some magic into the sword, What sorts? "

She still couldn't believe she had lost her blade. It had been a gift for her coming of age.  She sighed and was at least thankful knowing it wasn't a family sword at least, just one for her to prove her self with.  Well now this one would have to do.   Aira couldn't believe her luck finding such a good smith.

Dreamwolf

Fen nodded at a shelf that contained a number of feminine looking trinkets, mostly necklaces and bracelets, but also some hairpins set with semi-precious stones. Each was labeled with its use and effects. Most were rejuvenating spells, Fen's specialty since he could manipulate the flesh, but some were defensive charms and healing charms. One charm sat separate from the others, centered on the shelf. It was a bracelet of silver, spelled to allow the user to communicate with animals.

When she asked about the spells in the sword he answered without looking up. "A healing spell to start, spells that deal in the body, such as healing and transformation are my specialty, but there's also a balancing spell I bought from another Mage-Smith. He makes swords that balance perfectly for their owners through the use of spells. I make my swords balance using weighted components. But the spell helps to give it a lighter feel when you use it. Since I don't have a pommel that has the right weight i chose that one, to magic the right weight. If it starts to feel like the blade has gotten heavier, take it to any mage, they can refresh the spell if they know what they are doing."

alex_xr

She was fascinated, as her spells mainly hurt people, she was estatic to learn about the charms and such.  She then saw the bracelet of silver, and her eyes lit up. She couldn't believe it. Could it really do that?  She spilled out in her excitement. " Sir, that silver one in the center how much? " She hoped she had enough for both that and the sword. She couldn't believe he had such a useful bracelet.

Aira had always wanted to be able to do that, envying those she met that could.  "And how much do I owe you for the sword? "She grabbed her coin purse and waited hoping that they both were affordable.

Dreamwolf

Fen smiled. "I'll give you both for six silver moons. I also accept trades in the form of both items of interest, old jewelry, and labor. If you'd like I plan to head east, an extra sword is worth three silver moons to me." He pulled the bracelet off the hook it hung on, setting the sword near the girl. "The sword is worth six itself, but the bracelet, you are the first to show an interest in it, and I've had it for close to four months now. So I will make you this deal."

alex_xr

She thought about it. " I would accompany you east if you wish, It sounds like a fun adventure,  " She dropped 3 silver moons in his hand.   Aira, was excited over the idea of the work. Her magic and sword would protect the man well.  Plus she could use the experience.

Dreamwolf

"Wonderful. Don't mind the fox by the way, she's a bit grouchy in the mornings." He was rewarded fo the warning by a bite from said fox who spoke into the minds of both of them.

'I'll not be called grouchy by a man who almost killed a nobleman after being woken before dawn.' Tunis slipped from her basket, which was hidden under the drivers seat of the cart.

alex_xr

She laughed " It seems you are good friends, I am Aira " She smiled and did a little curtsy  She wondered how long the fox and the man have been traveling with each other.  She thought this would be a great adventure as well.  Aira put on her new bracelet, and strapped on her new sword. She was so excited to get such useful items.

Dreamwolf

"You could call us friends, but you would be surprised to find she is something of my caretaker, keeping me out of trouble. I in turn treat her for the pain her missing leg gives her." Fen hit a switch on his cart, there was a loud click and several of the shelves folded in on themselves and the open drawers were pulled shut.

"I suppose I'd best move now, before I drown in debt. Places like this always leave my pockets empty. The next town doesn't have quite so many mages and a few more farms, so I'll likely sell some of the plows I keep on hand. Would you like to learn to work tin or copper? It's a useful skill, and is quite fun really. And I won't charge you." He grinned as he hitched his horse to the cart.

alex_xr

She shrugged, " Why not? I don't have anything to lose" She smiled and tried to help put away the stall, and she tried to use the bracelet to talk to the fox. " Hello? can you understand me?" She looks at the bracelet on her arm, and then the fox wondering  if it worked.  " How do I use this thing?"  She wondered if the fox was just ignoring her or something.

Ancaria

Zhuge hurried quickly across the town, having left his caravan back at the tavern. He had just heard from one of the patrons that a travelling mage-smith was in town and Zhuge, was hoping to catch him before he left. Zhuge was running low on certain vital ingredients and with any luck this traveller would have some of what he needed unlike the useless lot living in the town.

Zhuge stood out in the town still dressed in the robes of his own people with his hair bound up in a topknot, oh and the fact that he was walking about an inch off the ground would probably draw a bit of notice.

At last he came into the busy square and identified one of the traders as the man he sought. He thanked the heavens for catching him as he was obviously closing shop. He moved over smiling and called out in his still noticeably accented common. "Excuse me good Smith!"

(OOC: hope you dont mind me dropping in)

Dreamwolf

(The more the merrier)

Fen looked at Aira. "I'm Fen by the way. Well Ragnr Fenris to be proper, but nobody except my enemies call me anything but Fen. The bracelet won't work for Tunis, she's a Fire Fox, they are descended from dragons and can speak telepathically."

'And don't forget it mortal, I'm two hundred years too old to be considered a fox. Or mundane for that matter.' Tunis stopped at stared at the sight of a strange man running towards them, floating. 'Kit, you should perhaps wait for this one.'

Ancaria

Zhuge finally reached the cart and the figures gathered around it. He took a breath to compose himself and said "I am very glad I managed to catch you before you left, the tradesmen in this town are next to useless. I can't wait to move on if I must be honest with you, and the people are too tight-fisted for me to make any profit." He made a motion to express his annoyance and disgust with the whole town. "But onto business you wouldn't happen to have any Kalmarian wood on hand would you?  I have been looking for the last three towns and no luck. Though I do realise that you are a smith and not a materials trader, I know some mage-smiths use it on the forge, and was hoping you were among that number."

Zhuge had been searching for certain vital ingredients for quite a significant period and was getting a bit desperate, if he couldn't get anything in the outlying towns soon he would need to go into the big cities. For the first time he properly noticed the young woman next to the cart and smiled her way, he wondered if this was the smith's assistant or another customer.

Dreamwolf

"Kalmarian. I use for small wooden grips sometimes. I have some, but it is only a small amount, I have three pieces the length of my forearm, two are already destined for the Smith's Guild's home office in the south, but the third I could trade or sell you. What do you offer?" Fen was intrigued, as far as he knew the wood burned for a long time and was used for heating the forge, but some smiths used it for pommels and even bows, it was solid stuff, but not anything extremely rare.

Ancaria

Zhuge felt a great sense of satisfaction when he heard that the man actually had some he was willing to part with. He folded his hands in front of him bobbing very slightly in the air as he did so. That one piece would certainly suffice for the fire and the ash paste. He smiled and said "That is very welcome news, I would be happy to buy it for you or I can offer a trade from my own stores or merchandise. Though I doubt you would need it I could offer my services if you need any of your enchantments amplified or made more permanent? My first trade is healing but I also craft artefacts and amplify and fix enchantments more firmly."

He pauses for a moment as he calculates the value of the trade and how much would be fair. "I recently created some good fire-fuel stones, using glass shards from the Seraj Isa, one stone could extend the life of the fire in your forge by a good quarter at least depending on the fuel you start with. I could offer two of those in exchange for the wood? Unless there is something else you desire?"

He had plenty of fire-fuel stones, a good few dozen, so if the trade got taken he would have made a very satisfactory trade. He doubted he would get away with it so easily though.

Dreamwolf

Fen thought the price over. "I use Fire Stones from the Fire Fox that travels with me, but I could trade the glass ones you have made for good Iron for swords, they sell high in some of the regions of the north, for their value as a survival instrument. I will take three in the place of the wood, its not easy for me to get a hold of and I waited for three months before this batch came in."