Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plot ideas, anyone?

Started by josephalexandre, October 24, 2015, 04:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephalexandre

So...

I'm not dead, I swear!

I've just been quiet reading around the site a bit, and the more I read the more I want to plot. ;D
I might sign up later for one of those Connlaoth-based guild/faction things, as I think I saw something I could fit my current character into. I'll have another look at it.  ;)

However, guilds aside, I deeply want to plot with just about anyone. (I'm not confined to plot within Connlaoth, only?)
So if you have suggetions, ideas or just a general interest in threading with me, I'd be thrilled to hear from you.

I feel so much like a kid in a toy factory; joyfully lost and overwhelmed and with zero idea which toy to start playing with first.

Edited to include a link to my character for those interested.

Joseph Alexandre

Medievarad

Maybe include a link to your character(s)? But, while I'm here, check out the characters in my signature, see if any catches your attention.

If they don't and you want a special kind of relationship. Like an apprentice, or a kid. A parent or nemesis etc. And none of my characters suit the criteria, send me a pm with said criteria and I'll make you a new one ^^

Wild

Helloooo handsome! ;) 

Both my characters will be more than happy to roleplay with you. I let you decide where and when. I am sure we can make a great plot together ^^

josephalexandre

A link to my character? Of course - I can't believe I forgot to do that. But anyways, I edited my previous post now to include that information.

As for your characters I must say they look to be an interesting bunch. I'm half tempted to see what might happen when putting Joseph up against one of your more ... unfriendly individuals such as the vampire, perhaps. Or in general just a character possessing and using magic, given how Joseph was raised into that anti-magic Connlaothian society.

He's well adapted into their traditional views, but at the same time very humanitarian and friendly; so there's that potential for him to befriend some magic-user and experience a series of events played out in a thread, and he might even learn to lift his traditional values somewhat in favor of a good-natured magic.
Of course it's questionable whether a priest from his part of the world would view said magic to be more than the lesser of two evils, but still.

He loves books, so maybe he could happen by Ameratsu's bookshop (I think it was she who owned one, yes?)

The way I ended up writing his history I also feel that his father is of magical nature, quite possibly from Serendipity. Joseph never had any sort of familiarity with the man though, and aside from knowing logically that he must have(/had) a father at one point, he's barely aware of his existence.

I feel it would be interesting if father and son ever crossed paths with one another. The reunion may be either a positive or a negative one, of course. I am equally drawn between those very different storylines, and it would nonetheless be a life-changing event for Joseph.  :P

I would love to roleplay with any of your characters too, Morrighan. Especially Wild, but I feel Flavia would provide for a delightfully dark storyline as well. Do you have anyone to perform the wedding rituals yet?

Joseph is a priest, so if you want me to post, just let me know when it is time. Or if you'd rather just have an NPC priest do the rituals that's cool too.

Medievarad

Well, if you want someone to shake his religion and possibly corrupt him, I can advice Limadan. Acheron is more the manipulative type and will slowly try to seize Joseph's mind and force him into servitude. Both would be intruiging choices.

And yes, Ameterasu is the bookshop owner, but also a grandmaster pyromancer and still learning to be even stronger, she will soon have the ability to harness even the sun's powers. But, that is for in the future. It is up to you. ^^

Wild

Both Wild and Flavia will be thrilled to have plots with Joseph. Feel free to toss him their way any time you wish ^^ As for Flavia, I have not yet found anyone to perform the wedding rituals, so perhaps he could come in handy for this ^^

josephalexandre

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19810.new#new

I made this open thread in Connlaoth in case any of your characters might have a plausible reason to be there. Also I'm fine with creating also a thread just for "us" if there's a character that Joseph has to meet elsewhere - such as Ameterasu.  :D I'm still tempted to shove the priest into her bookshoop and just let things happen from there.

Morrighan, do you have anywhere in mind for a thread with Wild? (and don't give me some unhelpful response like "oh anywhere you like" or I swear I will.... ;D)

Wild

Let me see, at the moment I have her in the place called Serendipity (I don't know if I spell it correctly) She is there as a ranger, hunting for a suspect. Perhaps they can meet there? :)