Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hunter became the Hunted (M?) (Open to all)

Started by Sheshia, July 05, 2016, 06:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Time: Atfernoon
Location: In a sma patch of woods a little bit away from Darken Veu

Sheshia hated wolves bitterly. Every time she meet one a shiver goes down her spine. Her stomach and side hurt like crazy where one scratched her a few minutes ago when she was in her cat form hunting for food but instead the tables had turned and she became the hunted. She also had to shift back to her regular form to at least have a fighting chance. Blood was dripping from her wound as it seeped through her leather hunting tunic as she ran and all over the hand she was using the apply pressure to the wound, leaving a thick trail of blood. Eventually (after nearly tripping multiple times over tree roots, rocks and shalloe dips in the ground) she comes across a large fallen tree that lays across a ravine that had a stream and rocks at the bottom of it. The werecat starts to climb across it gripping the trunk woth her free hand to help keep her balance. When she crosses the log she hids behind a pile of rocks with thorns close to her just in case she needed it. She laid against the rock taking deep breaths hoping someone would come help her even though the odds were slim. With the sound of the hungry wolves coming closer very slowly she started to lose hope.

λ

"Fuuu..."
Raid breathed out slowly, and calmed himself. He couldn't let them detect his presence... A pack of wolves, totaling to 6, were in hot pursuit of a wounded prey that he couldn't see. He smiled. It wasn't often that a perfect opportunity like this would show itself. The rest of the hunting party would just have to find something else.

An arrow coursed through the air as the wolves began their sprint to the wounded creature taking refuge behind a large rock.
Bullseye!
Raid quickly vaulted out from his cover and switched to a large knife he had hidden along his waist. He threw it with as much power as he could muster to the closest live wolf as he landed on the ground near them. Swiftly kicking one of the wolves that pounced on him, he dashed over towards his knife that was now imbedded in the neck of another. 4 wolves were easy, but 6 was going to be a challenge. He let out a cry of glee. He had almost forgotten how fun it was to hunt.

Sheshia

Hearing the commotion with the wolves Sheshia wanted to try and help but she had no idea who the person was or if he or she was a good person. Her instincts told her to stay put and quiet to hopefully lower her heart beat a bit and raking quiet deep breaths. All the same time resisting her urge to run farther.

λ

OOC: Wolf's Perspective

The thick stench of blood was intoxicating as they approached the wounded cat. The female wolf glanced at two of her children. She perked her ears up, the signal to attack. All at once the entire pack surged forward to the hiding place of the prey.
I haven't had a feast this grand in ages... The wolf thought as they closed in.

She was in mid-jump when she heard the howl of a friend cry out behind her. She whipped herself around. There was an intruder. Before she could react however, another, this time one of her own children, crumpled down to the ground from a wound in its neck. This wasn't a small fry. If she didn't act now, they would be annihilated.

"Cease the hunt, we've got bigger prey!" She cried. Barking out orders, she jumped at the human who dared to kill two of her pack.

A sudden, blinding pain erupted on the side of her face as she was swept to the ground. Her vision was blurry as she tried to focus on her target. Blood was oozing out of a gash in her mouth. She emitted a low growl. He had kicked her, as if she was some lowly mongrel.
Damn human, I'll rip your throat out! She thought as she regrouped with her pack and charged once again.

λ

OOC: Raid's Perspective

What do these wolves think they're doing? Raid laughed as he brushed aside the two and let his knife run along the body of the third. Blood splashed on his face and dyed his silver hair crimson. They're making this too easy!

He was hoping they'd have the smarts enough to try something other than charge him recklessly. He wanted to put his life on the line, he wasn't at all interested in entertaining idiot pups. He turned to face the remaining two that he had let slip past him. Brandishing his glistening knife, he pointed it at them.
"Well?"
One of the wolves, most likely the alpha female, perked up its ears.

Raid fell to the ground as his leg was torn apart by a third wolf that had ambushed him from behind. He cried out in pain as he jammed his knife into its skull.
Shit! There were six, dammit!
Just as Raid thought this, he saw out of the corner of his eyes that the two remaining wolves had leaped at him, their fangs bared.

Sheshia

Sheshia smelled even more blood and sat up a bit grinding her teeth together. That and the laughter made her curious so she finds a gap in the rocks and looks through it very quickly  seeing Raid kneeling on the ground with a pile of dead wolves near him while je looked at the alpha.

λ

OOC: Wolf's Perspective

Ah, truly, nothing beats tearing into flesh, She thought. However, she hadn't quite gotten what she was aiming for. Instead of the neck, all she got a mouthful of was the man's arm. She looked over to her second child who had charged with her. It had bitten the man's hand, but it also had a blade protruding from its forehead.

The idiot... Why would she bite the knife?
Of course, she was aware that it was not its intention to, it was simply that the man was too skilled. She was alone, once again with everyone in her pack dead. She felt like crying. She shifted her attention back to the man as she dislodged herself and jumped back. She should at the very least kill this human to avenge her brethren. It was crippled now, it should be an easy matter to take it out. She made a last ditch effort at the man, lunging at its neck.

The human had outstretched its hand and whispered something. An object she couldn't quite identify shimmered into existence and blasted a hole through her. She looked down as she fell to the ground, and wondered how her perfect hunt had deteriorated into this mess. She closed her eyes for the final time, and landed with a thud on the ground.

Sheshia

Upon hearing the thud and then nothing the werecat carefully poked her head from behind the rocks seeing all the wolves dead and Raid injured. She didn't want to startle him so she stayed put incase he was still dangerous. She couldn't last another fight otherwise she'd definitely go unconscious which she was close to the verge of which. Eventually she worked up enough courage to whisper, "You okay sir?" Trying to keep her accent from becoming to pronounced since many people thought it odd, it helped that her throat was dry which made her voice a bit raspy also. She looks to where she had been laying and relized she had bleed a huge pool of blood which was bigger then she hoped for.

λ

Oh hey! It's a human! Raid thought as he called out to her.

"Seems like I saved your life, mind if you could do the same?"

Raid was bleeding badly, and his leg and arm would probably need to be amputated or something. He hoped this person had some kind of magic to stop the bleeding. Normally he would just freeze his wounds, but, he didn't quite think he'd cast it in time with the current state he was in. Thinking all this to himself, Raid promptly fainted.

Sheshia

The were-cat sighs and walks up to Raid, " I don't know much healing, but hopefully this'll work. It usually works with wounds like yours, mines in such a sensitive spot that medicinal stuff would have to work, you know because my organs, muscled and stuff like that. Besides your leg is pretty bad it's going to need lots of attention or be cut off if deemed nessicary" She kneels down and starts to mumble a few phrases very quickly and the wounds start to stop bleeding and a bit more blood starts to flow from them. Sheshia knew it was good so she kept mumbling the phrase untill she felt that he would be fine for a while. She was still cautious of him so she hides by climbing up a tree and puts some cobwebs on her wounded stomach waiting for Raid to come around. Hoping he'd be fine until more get there.

λ

OOC: Hunting Party's perspective for most of it.

"Raid!! RAID!!! Gods dammit where the hell is that bastard?"

Uriam and the rest of the hunting party had been wandering for the last hour or so searching for the idiot who had ran off in the forest. Raid had stupidly ran off in the middle of a hunt, chasing a quarry that they couldn't discern. Uriam sighed. He knew of Raid's skill, but he wished Raid would focus more on the team.

As they passed a clearing, they found the carcass of a dead wolf with an arrow sticking out of its head. Found him, Uriam thought, as he called out to the others. "I think he's-" Uriam's voice was cut off by another. "Uri! Get the hell over here! Raid's in some deep shit!"

As Uriam approached, he could see the blood splattered around the site. He almost didn't want to see what had happened, but forced himself to look. There, in the shrubbery near a large rock, he could see Raid's figure crumpled, with blood stains and puncture wounds littered along two of his limbs. The bleeding seemed to have stopped temporarily, but it didn't look like it was going to hold out for long.

"Elran, get over here, we need you to treat this wound!" shouted Uriam. While Uriam was busy getting a splint ready, Raid, who had awoken, stared intently through half closed eyes at a tree off to the side, dribbling blood.

I must say, I'm impressed. Raid thought. Healing magic. How convenient. He was jealous. Healing magic, no matter how weak, was always a welcome edition to any party. Wonder if she's going to get out of that tree... From what I could tell, she had a pretty bad injury too... Well, if she can't heal herself we got a fire mage that can cauterize it for her. I've got some questions I want to ask her after all... Which reminded him...

Raid looked over to Uriam with slight apprehension.

"Raid! You're awake! Thank the gods!! Uh... Though it might have been better if you had just stayed unconscious for a bit longer. Bear the pain, ok?"

Oh. Shi-

Sheshia

Sheshia looked down at Raid and back up deeper into the tree as his party arrived. She started to trust him but didn't want to interfere with what they where doing to him. The werecats instinct was to stay quiet and hide. Which she gladly did while she watched intently and trying to.learn what they were doing to him and listening to what they were all talking about.

λ

He slowly moved his head to the side and looked at his now burnt arm. Nice and toasty. Though I prefer medium rare, I guess well done isn't that bad too. Who was he kidding, not even a temple priest could heal his arm and leg now.

"Raid, let's go back." said Uriam. As if I could go back. I still need to gather the wolf skins and get that girl... He figured it probably wasn't a good idea to tell them about her, she'd definitely run after seeing what they did to him.

"You guys go ahead. I have unfinished business here." Uriam looked at Raid in surprise. "What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even realize what state your in? As if you can do shit as you are now!" Certainly got a point there, Raid thought. "Well that isn't for you to decide is it? Look, I'm appreciative of you guys saving me, but I'd appreciate it even more if you could leave me here for a bit." Uriam had a look of disgust on his face. "Fine. Everyone, we're leaving."

When they left, Raid let out a sigh of relief. He would definitely pay them back later. No matter how shoddy a job they did on him, it didn't change the fact that he would have died otherwise. He shifted his attention back to the tree. "You gonna come out? Or should I just leave?"

Sheshia

Shesgia watches until the whole entire partt leaves except for Raid. When she is sure they were gone she jumps out of the tree and lands with a grunt. "What do you want?" She looked at what they did with his arm and his leg. "Seems like they did the best they could for you right now. Better then nothing." She really wasn't the social type so she stayed quiet looking at the bloody ground.

λ

"I'm aware, believe it or not I'm quite grateful for what they did. Same goes to you though, thanks for stopping the bleeding. Now, question is, are you going to be ok? It looks like you got quite a nasty number done on your stomach... I don't mind helping if you want, not that I can do much in my current state..." Raid laughed. He couldn't freeze it, it was too close to her vitals, but he supposed he could gather up some medical plants from around the area to treat it.

Sheshia

"I'll probably need to get it looked at later on but you can help it if you can. Won't make it far like this at all." To be honest Sheshia felt like sleeping, she was probably tired from all that running ir having to shift earlier to keep herself alive longer. Though she understood why Raid was happy with what his companions have done to him, if not he would probably begin bleeding again since she didn't have the right energy to cast another spell.

λ

Wait, is she seriously going to faint on me? Raid thought with a hint of alarm. She seemed dazed and tired, from the quantity of blood she was letting out it probably wasn't good. He was still a bit woozy from the blood loss himself, but if he was going to help her, he'd need to do it now.

He pulled himself up onto his good leg. "Stay still and try to stop the blood. I'll get some herbs. If you move anymore, well, you'll probably kill yourself." It was truly amazing how she'd been able to move around till now with that kind of wound. Most people would have bled out. It was almost inhuman.

Holding on to tree trunks and branches, he hobbled himself forward. C'mon... Easy does it...almost there... There was a plant a bit up ahead that if he remembered correctly helped clot blood. He had seen it next to him when he was preparing to ambush the wolves. He grabbed a handful of it, put it in between his teeth, and carefully made his way back to the girl.

Sheshia

Sheshia didn't feep like arguing that she was fine if it lead to a fight. So she sat down and put even more pressure on her wound whilr she watched Raid hobble away. She wasn't sure about his friends, they looked nice and all but she didn't want to take any chances still. So when she is well enough if she is in a few minutes she'd probably try and run. Though her hopes were low for escape. The fact that she was part demon and a werecat made her want to stay away from people incase of persecution. Though it was pretty lonely but it was for her own safety amd the safety of other.

λ

"Phew, made it," Raid managed to get out before he slumped down on a tree nearby.

He tossed the pile of leaves to the girl. "Use it, it'll help the bleeding stop." He looked at her. "So. What happened with you? The stomach's a really weird place to get bitten. Did you try to hug one of these things or something?" Raid asked as he began skinning a nearby wolf with his knife.

Sheshia

Sheshia begins to tear up the leaves. Upon hearing Raids question she tenses a tiny bit. "Can't tell you. Let's just say it's complicated. The less you know would probably be better." She applies a bit of the torn up leaves to her wound and starts on the other leaves. They stung a bit but she didn't care much for it.