Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No road is long, with good company.

Started by Alisquare, July 10, 2016, 12:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alisquare

Current Characters:
    Expectations/rules: If you want to join just introduce your character with a brief summary and jump right in. As long as your character isn't a demigod, no questions will be asked.

Alisquare

Night had fallen, and the chill winds of Northern Serendipity gave Cuff's cheeks a slight burning sensation. His fingers were numb, each breath stinging his lungs with cold. The woods were filled with an ominous brittle silence. As he slowly walked along a winding dirt path, the moonlight illuminating the path ahead, Cuffs muttered to himself.

"I knew I should have brought some mead to warm my belly."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef Grinsbeard, the Dwarven ranger from the distant dwarven holds, was also wandering the Northern Serendipities. Unlike most wanderers Josef had a purpose: He was there to scout out the lands for both his own people and the manlings that his people were allied to. In fact within one of these foreign lands lied the long-lost brethren of the manlings.

Josef(Wearing his clock) was wandering the forest itself, looking for a good place to camp for the night. While he went he hummed a old dwarf tune

"Gimme a flagon, a barrel, a wagon,
    Oh gimme a flask or a pot or a pail,
    Keep on pourin' til I be snorin'
    And let's drink that Bugman's Ale!

We march by day, we drink by night
    Through sun and snow and gale,
    So have a round, a pint, or glass
    And drink that Bugman's Ale!..."

Josef was coming onto a dirt path when he noticed a figure walking towards him. He griped his crossbow a bit tighter but he did not bring it up, instead he said "Hail, Ek!"

Alisquare

As Cuffs makes his way along the path, he hears a faint humming from a distant forest. Being a bard, he knew many tunes and ditties. But this one, he hadn't heard for quite some time. He thinks to himself.

"That tune... It sounds so familiar! Where have i heard it before?"

Before he can remember, the distant humming suddenly stops, and he hears a voice with a thick accent "Hail, Ek!"

Cuffs snaps out of his thinking and looks down to see a dwarf gripping a crossbow. He quickly raises his hands to chest height and shows his palms.

"Friend! Not foe."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef just raised  his eyebrow but said with a grin "I hope so Umgi, or things would get nasty. Although I wouldn't mind a good fight if your up for it, haha."

Josef took another look at the manling and noticed what he was wearing. "By the beards, what are you wearing? You look like a Wazzock."

Alisquare

Cuffs smiles in delight.

"A dwarf? With a sense of humour? Haha! And here I was thinking they were all just a bunch of grumblers. Well met friend! Well met!

As for my attire, well... You aren't the first to think it looks completely ridiculous. But not one soul has ever told me that i looked intimidating or frightening. And that is exactly why i still wear it.

Anyhow, what brings you so far out north?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Umgri, I'm on a scouting mission for my kin. But right now I am looking for a place to sit down and have good pint of ale. What about you umgri?" said the Dwarf.

Alisquare

"I decided to explore the Northern provinces of Serendipity to look upon the mountains and feel their boundless peaks. To take in the crystal smooth air and embrace this land's cold chill. But i think i am growing tired of this bitter temperature. Shall i get a fire going?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef shook his head. "Not here, it's too dangerous to camp besides a highway, we may be attacked by a passerby just for sport! No, we need to move away from the roads."

Alisquare

Cuffs scans the environment and nods.

"Ah, good point. We should look for a more stealthy area to camp. Perhaps i could aid you on this scouting mission?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"That all depends, Umgri, how well do you know the land?" replied Josef.