Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

CALLING ALL ADVENTURERS ( open )

Started by Gawfy, September 08, 2016, 07:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawfy

As you are strolling along in a small hunting town when you come across a Big and hastily made letter posted on a bounty board upon further inspection it reads     

HELLO ADVENTURERS, DO YOU NEED MONEY? ITCHING FOR A FIGHT? WANT TO HELP CLEANSE THIS LAND OF EVILS?

the list of things you "want" to do  goes on for 2 more paragraphs until

THEN COME TO THE LOCAL TAVERN LOOK FOR THE MAN WITH THE BIG SWORD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
You decide to head to the tavern

Kill3rxcombo

After weeks of not finding a job, Adon was absolutely thrilled to be back in action. He opened the door so hard he threw the door off it's hinges. Agh I will pay for that later, he said as he scanned the room for a man with a large sword. Out of the corner of his eye, he spots him, a towering figure is this man, covered head to toe in heavy steel armor and looking quite built from wearing the armor and holding his sword. Adon walks up to him flashing a friendly smile and holds out his hand. Hello, I heard you were looking for adventurers, name is Adon, what's yours?

Gawfy

Gawfy was sitting in this no name pup for a few hours, drinking and not doing much when some one in what looked like golden armor flung open the door breaking one hinge. apologizing to the barmaid.
Gawfy was deep in though when some one walked up to him and held out his hand. Not hearing what he said gawfy took the mans hand Nice to meet you  He guessed he said his name, Im gawfy? He said as he looked at the man with a confused face

Kill3rxcombo

Adon scanned Gawfy's confused face, raising an eyebrow. Has Gawfy been drinking? Nonetheless Adon continued Nice to meet you too Gawfy, I came here because I saw a sign saying there was a job I could take if I find a man with a large sword and I am assuming that man is you. he said as he takes off his helmet, revealing his scarred but smiling face, and getting a better look at Gawfy. I hope I didn't get the wrong person

Gawfy

Gawfy looked at the man confused and cringed as he remembered drunkley making an asinine sign for help with his problem. Gawfy put his head down and groaned. Yeah, i guess i did Gawfy finished off what was left in his mug The villagers have come together to raise funds to hire a man to kill a dragon in the area,and i didn't want to fight the thing aloneGawfy said as he stood up and payed for his drinks I assume you are ready now He asked

Kill3rxcombo

Yea, of course I am ready, we can get going as soon as I pay for that door. He answered. Adon walked up to the barmaid with a nervous smile and handed her a wolf pelt, I apologize for not having much money to offer but take this pelt, you should be able to trade it for a good amount.
Adon walked Alright lets get going, I bet the villagers are itching to have that dragon killed. Say have you ever fought a dragon before? He asked as he began stepping towards the hinging door.

Gawfy

Aye i have after an hour long fight i took its head, how about you?Gawfy asked as he eyed Adon as he walked outside Have YOU ever fought a dragon He asked skeptically Dont get me wrong i appreciate the help but ive had people who have no business fighting beasts tagging along with me because they thought they let me do all of the work and take a cut He said as he checked his cross bow strings

Kill3rxcombo

No worries friend, I have killed countless dragons, though none of them were good, I only kill the ones that are causing trouble. I have an injury on my chest from a dragon I fought a long time ago, I got too overconfident and I got backhanded by the dragon's spiny legs, I soon cut it right off afterwards and gave it to a butcher to make my dinner for the night. He said proudly. After a pause he thought back about the different times he asked for help in certain missions, most of the time his so called teammates were inexperienced and downright useless, causing many troubles in his missions and being total liabilities. I understand how you feel Gawfy, I have dealt with many who have tried to take advantage of my skill, I am not the one to protect people as I like to dodge so those leeches usually end up dead or substantially injured, he scanned Gawfy, I hope I can trust you though, you don't look like a pushover so I have high hopes. After this, we not try out some dragon meat? he said as he licked his lips at the thought of dragon meat.

Gawfy

Im not one for eating dragonsGawfy said as he looked at his Adon's weapon How does one kill a beast with a spear? he asked as they started walking out of town. You needn't worry about me, ive felled all sorts of creatures be it man or demon i've seen em all in my travels. Gawfy boasted

Kill3rxcombo

Haha that's fine, dragons are an acquired taste in my opinion, it is usually for when I am in dire need of a food source. Adon looked around at the scenery, rolling hills everywhere around and a strikingly tall mountain range in the distance. He would see why a dragon would be flying about in this area. As for my weapon, I never really chose it for the sole purpose of killing beasts, it is just a weapon that I am naturally proficient with and I also have more than just a sword-spear in my arsenal. Say that is an awfully large weapon you are holding Gawfy, how do you manage to carry it around so easily? Adon questioned as the hills started getting taller.

Gawfy

I picked it up in my youth and started swinging it around, and i haven't stopped since Gawfy said After time passed it just got easier to swing. The villagers said the beast lives in a cave a few miles from here. I don't know what breed or gender this dragon is so we need to assume the worst Gawfy stated You said you have other tools in your arsenal mind telling me? Because the last time a partner left it at that, he started using unstable chaos magic and nearly blew me up
  Gawfy admitted

Kill3rxcombo

Really now? No need to worry, I have my lightning in full control Adon exclaimed confidently although the range of effect may vary depending on how much I exert. I once incinerated my father's prized cow accidentally while practicing with my spear, the lightning bolt shot right out the tip and hit the cow directly, needless to say, we ate steak that night but I didn't get out of it scot free Adon smiled as he thought about his childhood. The mountain range began getting closer and closer, Adon inspected the range looking for any signs of a dragon, dung, footprints, shed scales, or burn marks. But nothing was to be seen except for the endless cliffs and rocks Whatever this dragon is, it really does not want to be followed

Gawfy

Gawfy stopped and held his hand behind him.Do you hear that? There was a faint rumble. He Turned to his comrade and issued an order  PRONE NOW he Said quietly as he Hit the ground. A Yellow Dragon Soon flew over them. With a thunderous roar started flying towards the farm land. After getting up gawfy saw the cave it came out of. Its about a half mile up, we need to get to that cave fast and set an ambush! He said as he started Running

Kill3rxcombo

Adon had an urge to not prone as the dragon flew by. He usually fought the beasts straight on like a complete fool but he decided to keep it cool as it would be a detriment to the plans. He ran towards the cave alongside Gawfy but he kept thinking about the villagers. He kept contemplating whether it was the right decision to make. But at that point, it was probably way too late, the dragon flies way too fast and they were already near the mouth of the cave.Alright lets set up, I say we have approximately 45 minutes until the dragon returns, the militia is definitely not going to put up much of a fight against a dragon like that. Adon searched the cave for any spots where he and Gawfy can get a tactical advantage. We will split up and find an optimal position for ambush, if you find a good spot smash this trinket at the ground and I will know where to find you, I will do the same if I find one. He hands Gawfy a yellow glowing lightning bolt shaped trinket it looks fragile enough that you can lightly hit it with a chopstick and it will shatter. Be careful with this, with your strength this thing can extremely easily

Gawfy

Gawfy nodded his head in agreement and headed into the cave. After 10 minutes of wandering about in the cave he had found the remnants of what looked like a nest and bones. After he followed the trail of cow blood. There he had found what he needed to bait the dragon. He threw the trinket at the ground, and looked up He counted 4 hatched dragons in a newly made nest. In the current room the dragon could probably only fit her head in. There was a much larger room with one opening on the south side here they would fight.

Kill3rxcombo

Adon found a small, dead end room stocked with stinking carcasses of livestock, cows, sheep and chicken, all the sorts. A bright yellow light appeared, it slowly shaped itself into an arrowhead pattern towards the other side of the cave. Must have found the nest, Adon assumed. He followed the light until he heard a deep rumbling from near the entrance, he sorely underestimated the time it will take for the dragon to arrive. He had three crucial decisions, hide until the dragon passes by to its nest then sneak attack along with Gawfy, have the dragon chase him towards the ambush spot, or to fight the dragon like a fool. He took the first as Gawfy would have heard the rumbling and Adon himself needs to swallow his own pride and stick with the plans. The dragon lumbers by, pebbles falling from the celing with each rumbling step it takes, the dragon 30 feet tall and 60 feet long a brilliant yellow color and horns that can gore a giant. It was using 3 legs to walk, the other one with a handful of livestock, it doesn't even bother to sniff as it passes by. Adon was baffled at how the dragon did not notice his golden armor, but being as small as he is it wasn't too surprising. Good look comrade Adon whispered as he follows the dragon to it's nest It's coming

Gawfy

Gawfy Felt the rumbling of the cave and heard the other dragons making noises in the other room.Shit. I guess its time to fight Gawfy thought he quickly grabbed a young one from the other room and threw it in the middle of the large room. Gawfy heard it coming after the young dragon squawked. Gawfy hoisted His weapon above him waiting for the dragon. seconds later it poked its head through the cave. He Gritted his teeth and used all of his might to bring his sword down. The Dragon noticed at the last second and hardened its scales. It was not fast enough as Gawfy's sword was able to smash Through its armor. It screeched in pain as it writhed. Throwing a claw gawfy's Way he had to pull his sword out of the wound. He couldn't block with the sword so he threw something at the dragons head. One he counted as he got flung into a wall as the claws met his armor. Two he counted as it. turned it head. Three he counted and his explosives went off in its face damaging its eyes. It screeched and readied a fire attack. Gawfy took cover behind his sword.

Kill3rxcombo

Poised to strike, Adon saw the explosions go off and Gawfy shielding himself from a telegraphed fire attack. Before it had a chance to exhale, Adon jumped up and brought his lightning charged boot down hard on to its snout, a fiery explosion knocked Adon back to the other side of the cave as the fire from the dragon's mouth dissipated into smoke. Adon got up, smoking from the explosion, but the armor was still in immaculate condition *business as usual it seems*, he looked to Gawfy, no longer shielding himself, Good to see that you are still in one piece, good job on the blinding, fights not over yet so lets go. Adon donned his dragon shaped visage and charged the beast with his spear tip beckoning for Gawfy to follow.

Gawfy

Gawfy Followed as Adon ran and vaulted into the air. The Dragons eyes followed him, as he did Gawfy Yelled as he swung the sword the dragons neck. The dragon now noticing Gawfy threw its head down to block the blade. There was a clang of metal as his blade chewed through the horn. Gawfy managed to get his blade stuck in its horns. The beast kept rearing back to see where Adon was, But gawfy wasn't letting it go. I HAVE ITS HEAD IN A HOLD FIND A PLACE TO STRIKE! he bellowed has he took hold of the horns themselves.

Kill3rxcombo

My pleasure Adon knew how to penetrate dragon scales easily as he has fought many. After getting on its back, he precisely aims many spear strikes into small chinks of the dragon's scales, the dragon shrieked with pain but it was still unrelenting, Adon infused his weapon with lightning and continued striking, he hit a critical spot on the so called nape of the dragon's neck. I think I struck a nerve he jeered. The dragon was enraged, it managed to find an angle to free itself from Gawfy's blade and started releasing spikes on the horns, Gawfy was forced to let go unless he was willing to risk losing his hands. Adon stuck his spear onto the dragon while it tried to buck him off Gawfy this is the perfect opportunity to strike her underbelly, just make sure you do not get hit from it flailing around! Adon held on while the dragon flails relentlessly to get Adon off its blind spot.