Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Beginning of a great adventure. (IcexThorok)

Started by Thorok, September 01, 2016, 10:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorok

Athok stood at the very edge of where the luscious, green lands began. His eyes widened as his lips parted, in amazement at such a place. His large hands rested on his hips, his sword sheathed and his bow around his torso. Eurielle soared high in the sky, circling with a screech before landing upon her master's right shoulder. Looking to her, Athok smiled softly, lifting up the last thread of meat he harvested from a rabbit an hour or so ago. A thread which his eagle accepted quickly, snatching it with haste and jerking her had back and forth, eventually making the food disappear.

The travel from Hyoite to the Sirantil valley lasted a good three months, as they traveled by foot and had to stop for Athok's human needs very often. Speaking of human needs, he had to find privacy soon once more. Looking over his left shoulder, he stared to Everbole, whom he wanted to witness a reaction from. He didn't know if Everbole had ever seen this place before, nor did he know if the Trent wanted to comment on anything, but he still waited.

Staring back over to the valley, his eyes narrowed onto a stream. An actual, non-deadly stream of water!! he remembered the northern parts where he was from, where if the water was cold enough that crystals formed in one's throat. He shuddered, remembering the help he gave to one of his friends with such an issue, and began marching forward, waving Everbole with a sudden need to fill up his water pouch.

"I can't believe I'v never seen such a place!" Athok exclaimed with wonder, reaching for his strap around his chest, lifting it up with ease as he left his cape behind. It wasn't that special, to be fair. He could always make another one. And his firm, leather, long-sleeved armor always was a pleasant sight. Lowering his pouch into the water, he noticed the fair, warmer temperature already within the water, making him both miss the cold, but sigh in relief that this water was ready to drink. And so at that moment he threw his head up till he fell over onto his back, drinking it fully before gasping for air, filling his pouch up once more and sheathing it around his waste. With that, he checked himself silently, finally being patient enough to stop interrupted where he at first would've let Everbole speak.

Ice

The Trent had been trading with his human his friend for a few months now. He was kind of glad to be getting back to warmer place. If only for the fact that his joints did not get so stiff . As an old timer that was one of his main complaints. Though he rarely gripped out loud about this. He did not wish for his friend to think that he was to old to travel or poke fun at him. Though poking fun wasn't too terribly bad.

The Trent then saw his friend looking at him. Now he had been to this place only once before. It was a brief visit for there were some humans who wished to try to burn the area he was in. If there was one thing these tree like creature feared it was fire. At least everbole feared fire.

He shoved those thoughts from his mind as he saw his friend needed water. That was something that he was kind of glad he didn't need often. He just quietly watched his human friend for the moment. Then he looked at him when he was done with a slight smile on his face.

" This is a pretty place. I have been here only briefly once before." The old tree told the man with a smile. He did hope that those who were about the last time he was here were long gone. Though maybe if they weren't he should try to avoid that area. It wouldn't really take then too much out of their way anyhow.

Thorok

The nordic hunter grinned as he heard Everbole speak, the thooming, all powerful voice always giving him a warm welcome. He still couldn't believe such an amazing creature existed! A literal, in all aspects, talking tree! The eagle was perched upon a small  log as she turned her head with sudden jolts, looking around before giving out a weak screech and flapping her wings softly.

"Only for a bit? Look at this place!" He exclaimed, pulling over his quiver to count how many arrows he had. Fifteen. He was getting low. Athok sighed a moment, looking to Everbole. "What brought you away from such a beautiful place?" He questioned, looking around as he reached for his back, pulling a small hatchet from under where the quiver was seen. With that, he began to march towards a small tree, raising the hatchet to swing down on the branch.

And then he remembered his friend. Pausing, his face went from joyous to shocked for a moment, awkwardly turning back and looking to Everbole. And then to the branch. And then to Everbole. He shrugged it off, dropping the hatchet down to his secondary sheathe, on his right outer thigh. Fifteen arrows was plenty, for sure. He turned to face Everbole, his hands resting on his left hip and his water pouch.

Ice

Everbole was quite aware that his voice was very loud. Though to be honest he did try not to as loud as he could have been. In his mind he knew that his voice often hurt the ears of other creatures. The Trent would never wish to do that to his friend before him. He wasalways trying to consider the other creatures around him.

Everbole then heard what the man was saying next. He wasn't really certain if he should tell his friend the reason he left. He did not wish for him to think he was against humanity or something. Because the Trent wasn't like that at all. It was more that he didn't care for those who only wished to destroy things.

" Well I encountered so very unpleasant.... people here. They tried to harm me so instead of causing a war with them I chose to leave." The Trent now said. With that he revealed just how passive he truly was. He would rather run then fight. He didn't like harming others . He never was like that. Though there was a time in his old life where he cocidered taking a darker path. But that was years ago. He had changed his mind quite a bit since then.

" If you need to use trees for something please do. You won't bother me." He said as he whent on to observe the actions of his friend. It was nice to know that at least the man was being thought full. He just did not want him to inconvenience himself. They were along ways from a town from what the tree could remember.

Thorok

"I can wait..." Athok said, listening with a throbbing heart now. His face was that of seriousness, but more of sympathy than ridicule when he spoke. Right now, arrows mattered not, with such a sorrowful story he heard. The Trent was so passive, that he wouldn't stand for himself? That he was so innocent that he let man, oh how evil man was, to trample over him and send him from these lands?

"You let them win?" He questioned, taking a few steps towards Everbole, his eyes softening as he stared to his friend. "Of all the things you ran? Why? Why couldn't you stop such people?" He questioned like that of a child, unaware of any other type of reasoning. As if he was ignorant to any other ways of honor other than standing one's ground. As isolated as Athok was, it was strange that he didn't comprehend that of fleeing as a peaceful nature. It sounded to him like Everbole only had such a choice, like he was belittled into fleeing.

Ice

The Trent just watched his friends reaction. The thing was that the Trent was simply put not a fighter. He would never consider hurting others when h had seen so many horrible acts in his long life. He had live through both war and peace. He had seen tyrants rise and fall. He had even seen those who claimed to be noble commit acts that were to terrible to even consider thinking about. This was another part of why he avoids fighting. Even if it means he has to leave to do so.

" Well I guess you can blame it on the fact that I have seen how terrible fighting can be. I have seen how bad others get hurt by it." He said in response to what his friend said. Sadly he had had this conversation with someone once before. And he had told them the exact same thing. It might have looked he was a coward to most. But he was simply doing what he thought was the right thing  .  Even if others did not agree with this.

Thorok

Athok listened to Everbole speak, and his heart softened. He had seen the damage fighting can do. Those words sunk into the nord's head, as well as his heart, as he stumbled before sitting down for a moment in debate. Truly, such an ancient creature as Everbole knew much more than that of a simple human as Athok. And he was much wiser in his years, no doubt, with both how he spoke and how calm he was.

"I see..." Athok said suddenly, rising up after a minute or two of sitting down. "Then in that case... I suppose I have much to learn then, yes?" Athok smiled gently, hoping that an apology could be sensed in that statement. For there wasn't a reason for him to ask so harshly to Everbole for his actions. Eurielle was seen soon perched upon the Trent's shoulder, cooing to itself as it turned its head towards the tree.

"Right!" Athok said, suddenly. He got some pip in his step as he now faced the plains. "Think this would be a wise place to search, my friend?" He questioned, looking over his right shoulder to see.

Ice

The Trent saw the look that he was being given. It seemed that this human could understand where he was coming from. That was very good. At least that meant he would not be told he was a fool for the way he thought about things. Not that he even thought the man would think that way.  It was just something he was used to by now.

" Everyone has things they have to learn my friend." He said with a smile on his face now. He was not really upset with his friend.  He had learned a long time ago being  kind was better then being dark hearted. He then smiled at the eagle when she owned upon him. She was also a good friend to have. He was thankful that he had met two such noble creatures.

He then saw his friend seem to get a little more happy. That made the Trent feel a lot better. He did not like to see those who liked upset. Actually to be honest he did not like for anyone to be upset. " I do think this would be a grand place to begin our search. " He now said his voice a lot happier now.

Thorok

Athok stared past Everbole as he responded to the nord, his hands gripping to his hips as he huffed for a moment, a calm face slowly growing with a smile as he looked to the Trent. "I suppose we all do." He spoke with the utmost agreement. And with that, his head turned back to his front, the eagle soaring past the two of them, soaring into the sky as the hunter marched forward.

The walking was long, at least an hour or so of travelling by foot. The nord, during that time, would tell a couple tales. Ones like when he once fought a bear, or the even more dangerous adventure, trying the tavern's crab porridge a second time! The tales often ended with Athok laughing to himself, and he would of course listen to Everbole when he spoke, as he enjoyed the Trent's words as much as he did his own.

And then, just then, after an hour plus of traveling, there was a village seen in the distance. Athok narrowed his eyes for a moment, before finding the energy within him to begin running, silent his voice was as he did so without any explanation.  For as someone would stare to where he ran, the explanation could be seen in and of itself.

A village, the very least of one. A good three houses made from wood and mud, seen bricked together with farmland around the farthest from Athok. The male ran for a while, eventually running into one of the settlers. Of course, not physically, as he halted with a quick greeting of shaking hands and a firm hug, as these people already seemed like the outlanders Athok was used to. There were villages that were secluded, and then villages like these, boisterous and outgoing. He enjoyed the latter of the choices. After a moment or three of conversing, Athok waited for Everbole now, growing quiet as he waved his arm into the air, expecting Everbole not to be too far from him.

Ice

The Trent just smiled when the man agreed with him. He was an old creature who was probably a bit outdated when it came to certain things. However he was sure of one thing. Even an outdated old traveler could learn a thing or two from a much younger man. That is just what he was doing. He was learning a bit about how humans acted from watching his human friend. Though he often had observed man from a distance it was nice to be close to one. The Trent had never been close to anyone before. It was a great feeling.

He was now moving behind athok as they made their was threw the land. Long distance traveled did not really bother the old tree man much. He just moved slowly and steadily. That was how he always had traveled. He was looking at all of the site's and sounds of various creatures and plants. Sometimes he felt more in touch with nature then anything else. Perhaps that was part of being a tree though.

As they drew close to the small human settlement he kind of hesitated . He wasn't sure what they would think of a giant walking tree. He however just carefully walking where his friend had ran. He then saw that his friend was conversation with about human. Out of pocket it ness he waited quilt  as they talked. He was then waved over by his his friend. So he made his way over to them very carefully now