Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Midnight Meeting [val]

Started by glorilyss, September 18, 2016, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glorilyss

At the vampire's words, Mariella's eyes grew wide just at the thought of her parents finding out. "Oh God, no!" she gasped, ironically enough invoking the very god who had cleared Connlaoth of magic in the first place. "They'd... I can't even imagine what they'd do, they'd have to give me up to the Church, I could be killed if they ever found out." The words tumbled out like a river in spate, snapping her out of the disoriented haze of pain she'd been occupying. Just the thought gave her shivers, incongruous with the thought of dancing flames swallowing her feet.

"And no. I, uh, I've left it kind of late to marry, so they'll think I'm sneaking out to meet someone, and if they think that they'll just kick me out like my sister." She shrugged as if to say, sure, she was the favorite, but what was the point when you were just a girl? She'd need a husband or her brother's goodwill to carry her after her parents left her - at least, if she intended to stay in Connlaoth. And even though the thought of traveling had often crossed her mind, it scared her to think of leaving her home behind.

"I haven't got the coin for a doctor," she refuted, shaking her head. "No way I could afford it. I won't even be able to hold an embroidery frame for a few weeks at this rate. I'm lucky you broke this arm, and not the other. I'd be useless." Well, she already was useless now. What could her parents do? How could they afford to feed her if she wasn't working to bring in income? Her father's shoes did alright, and her mother mended some of the gentlewomens' clothes sometimes, but income had been tight recently. They were already stretched to the breaking point. "What do you mean, set up a scene?" She cocked her head to the side, bright amber eyes quizzical.

ValamLym

Kat listened intently as the girl dimissed her sugestions. It didn't offend her ofcourse, it was simply useful feedback for her to come up with a proper plan. She was somewhat happy with the girls friendlier attitude, but that was likely because she had more pressing concerns then snapping at her right now.

"I have coin, so dont worry about that." she folded her leathery wings behind her back after stretching them, her hand coiled around her chin in thought. "Well you could pretend you fell down the stairs and that's how you broke your arm?" she shrugged, it was simple but with proper acting it would no doubt do the trick "Ofcourse that is hust an example."

She huffed her hands lowering to be placed on her hips. This was one of the benefits of simply touring the world, you are not reliant on the care of parents, although her own parents would happily welcome her back but this girl's parents seemed a lot less lenient. "Are your parents really that strict? I mean, I hope its not that bad for you at home."

She quietly stepped back and sat down in the grass. Her mind continiously working on a proper plan for the girl. She really had no intention of ruining anyones life, though in comparison this was a lot less worse then what would have happened if she lost control earlier.

glorilyss

Mariella's head swam at the thought that this girl had so much money that she could afford to pay for someone else's visit to the doctor. She flicked her eyes over the older female again, paying more attention to the fineness of the linens and seams, the easy cleanness of her shoes, the well-oiled leather. It was obvious that she had some sort of money; nice clothes and fancy weapons weren't free.

"I couldn't take your money," she admitted, turning her head to the side and looking into the darkness of the forest. It was partially a pride thing, but also partially something different, too. This person had drank from her blood; she didn't really know if she wanted to be in debt to her monetarily. Besides, she'd make do with what she had; she always had. "And you might be right... though my parents would probably be curious why I was heading down the stairs in the middle of the night. Everything we need is on the top floor." She shrugged, still looking away. "But I'm sure I'll think of something."

Mariella's head tilted slightly, eyes flicking up to take in the sky. The moon had moved a bit; if she wanted to make it home with time to spare, she'd better get a move on. Using her uninjured arm to push herself up, she dusted the front of her dress. "They're not particularly strict, I guess. It's just how things are here." She arranged the dark cloak more fully around her. "But I've got to go now, or I'll never make it back in time. Thanks for... actually, thanks for nothing." The smile on her face took some of the sting from her words, showing that she'd spoken as a joke more than out of real anger. "'Bye." She pulled the hem of the cloak past the edge of her shoes, melting into the shadows at the edge of the forest. She wouldn't look back.