Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'm not short! I'm a dwarf!(Open) (CyclicalCycal)

Started by Elector Count of WAAAGH!, October 07, 2016, 09:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Through out the mountain side a whistling could be heard. The tune itself was that of a drinking song, specifically, a dwarven drinking song.

Now, whenever you hear a dwarf singing, humming, what have you a drinking song you know he is in a good mood.

Indeed, Josef was in a good mood. He was mapping out the borders of Serendipity and Connlaoth, he was trekking through the base of the mountain side, and it made Josef happy to see the mountains. He felt the breeze go through his beard as he stepped onto another rock and looked around. To his left was a forest, to his right was the mountains.

Josef breathed in. No mutated spawns of evil to deal, no giant anythings, and most importantly, no arrgont elves. This, was paradise.

CyclicalCycal

Cara peered out from the forest, tilting her head. Although her clothing blended in with the environment, the fact that it was far too large for her likely hindered her more than helped her. Regardless, she continued to stare at the dwarf, inquisitively. She glanced at the ground, then back up to the Dwarf, apparently considering something. It was a poor idea to leave the safety of the forest, but she'd never seen anything like that creature before. It wouldn't hurt to investigate, would it?

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf took off his pack, dumping it next to the rock and then setting his crossbow next to it.

He took a seat on the rock, back now turn to the forest. He reached down for his mug, opened the lid and took a gulp.

CyclicalCycal

Cara nervously glanced at the crossbow, frowning. It was one of those...things. She had seen them a few times, held by the ones in 'armour'. She did not trust them for a second. But...

Cara grinned to herself, like an idiot. She slunk forwards around the edge of the forest, before going to step out of it, clenching her fists as she began to move, the trees rustling and shifting, as if a breeze had blown by. Of course, there was no breeze.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

After a bit of time, Josef set down his mug and grabbed his crossbow.

He was checking the crossbow and frowned, the strings were worn. He removed the bolt and unstrung the current one. He then got out a brand new one and began restring his crossbow.

CyclicalCycal

After a brief moment, Cara slipped out of the forest, slowly wandering up towards the Dwarf. She made no effort to sneak, but she did walk from a shadowy part, making no effort to be detected, either. She kept her hands tightly clenched, as she moved, carefully.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf sudden sat up, as if he heard somthing. Seemed like he was about to turn around.

CyclicalCycal

Cara didn't care. She just continued approaching, carefully, though as she wandered further from the forest she seemed disoriented, and distracted.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf turned to see a little elven girl.

"Gaaah! Why is it always the pointy eared!" the dwarf exclaimed. "Elgi over here, elgi over there! Now they be literally crawlin' out of tha woodwork!"

CyclicalCycal

Cara stopped dead in her tracks, frowning. She looked rather hurt, rubbing at her arm, casting her one-eyed gaze to the ground.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Had Josef been any normal dwarf he would of either ignored the elf or scold her to death, not that she did anything wrong.

But Josef was no ordinary dwarf.

Sighing he lay down the half strung crossbow and approached the elf.

CyclicalCycal

Cara flinched, looking up to the dwarf and staggering back. She had not expected this. She rubbed at her good eye before shaking her hands. She said nothing.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Ye a mute or somthin'? Speak up." grunted Josef.

CyclicalCycal

Cara frowns, shaking her head and stepping back once more. Her hands twitched, slightly, as she backed towards the forest. "I...I..."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

CyclicalCycal

Cara tilted her head, hands twitching all the while. "Why're you short, beard sprite?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Yo-wha" Josef sputtered. "Beard spirit? Short! Elgi! Did you swallow a handful of accursed mushrooms!?"

CyclicalCycal

"W-wait c-cursed mushrooms?! W-where...I-n-need to heal..." Cara exclaims, her hands suddenly wreathed in a verdant green power.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

It was the dwarf'a turn to step back. "Gah, I didn't mean that. I'm just asking are ya crazy?"

CyclicalCycal

Cara frowned. "I...no..." After a brief pause, the energy faded from her hands.