Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crimson Blades and Aqua Skies (Open)

Started by Morgan Droud, October 09, 2016, 09:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

Pulling the hood of her cloak farther down, Eden ruched down the darkened streets of Reajh. Her mind racing, she threw herself down a side alley, hoping her pursuers wouldn't notice. This time she got lucky, and the silver armored men completely missed her, running past.

As she stumbled to her feet, the cold steel blade lodged in her gut came loose, and a small pool of red formed at her feet. limping out of the alley, she pulled herself down the street. It was just a few blocks until she would reach one of her hideouts. I can make it that far, can't I? She chuckled at herself, coughing mid-laugh, as blood came from her mouth.

Damn. Her vision flickered, and she collapsed, flickering in and out of conscious.

"Help..." As the word left her lips, everything went black.

Gawfy

Janne Had Been drinking again. After arriving in Reajh He could not find the man he was looking for. Disheartened he Went to the Nearest Bar in town and started Drinking. Before he could enjoy himself Silver armored men Came in questioning everyone and tearing the place up. Janne wanted to part of this and took the Bourbon he was drinking with him as he left. He walked down the street as a patrol of even more Silver Men Knocked into him. They Ran past him as Janne fell. On the Ground he Peered into an ally way. Some one must have drank to much. Janne Mumbled as he got up walked over to the Body. There is Cleric Sense kicked in as he saw the person was laying in a pool of blood. He took off The persons cloak and saw it Was not a "person" but a she. Awfully young as well. He put his fingers on the bloody wound she Had and shouted an incarnation. Then stitched it up with his sewing needle. He Grabbed the Lady and Took her to the Inn he was currently residing at. He Put Her in the Bed he bought and Waited for her to wake up.

Morgan Droud

Opening her eyes, Eden felt the soft fabric of the bed beneath her and immediately sat up. Bad memories of the last town she was in returned, and she shivered, quickly looking around.

She was in a small room, with the sun's rays shining through the window upon an armored figure sitting beside her. His armor was abnormal, and she could feel both holy and dark energies from him, yet he had helped her and for that she felt like she at least should thank him.

As she stood however, her legs lost their strength and she fell again...

Gawfy

You probably shouldn't have done that. Janne said as he Jumped up and Caught the Woman. Helping her sit up on the bed. Can you speak? he asked Gingerly as he Got his flask From his Belt and handed it to the woman.

Morgan Droud

Nodding, Eden accepted the flask, taking a sip of the liquid within. I was a drink she was unfamiliar with, a little sour for her tastes.

"Thank you." She lightly bowed at him and handed it back. "For helping me."

Gawfy

Don't mention it. Janne said as he took a drink from his flask. not that its any of my business but would you like to tell me why you where face down in a puddle of your own blood when i found you? Janne asked as he Took another Swig from his Flask

Morgan Droud

She turned away from him for a moment, thinking to herself.

He had helped her, and it was something few had done before. She felt gratitude, but also understood that the more he knew, the more danger he would be in.

"I..." I can't tell you. She wanted to say it, but to do so would be a betrayal to her ideals. She at least owed him the truth.

"Those silver knights, do they look at all familiar to you?"

Gawfy

Janne noticed the hesitance with her words. He then shrugged. I thought the Silver Knights where used as anti-mage Units. He said while looking out the window. Mage Hunters id imagine. That or special operations men. There was a ruckus outside, A group of these silver knights in question where Arguing with a Inn owner across the street. Its alright to have your secrets, but when i found you where in pretty bad shape. You are lucky this handsome cleric saw you. He said sarcastically with a wry grin under his helmet. Pardon my rudeness Janne said as he took off his helmet with a quick and Hard push. "ouch damn it!" He thought. He always did hate taking his armor off.  My Name is Janne. He put out his hand for a handshake. Its a pleasure to meet you Miss?

Morgan Droud

"Eden. It's nice to meet you Janne."

After shaking hid hand, she remembered why she was here in the first place.

"Oh right! Umm, Mr Janne, have you seen a man around here? I'm supposed to find him, but the only thing I have to go by is his name, Esderand."

Gawfy

Likewise Janne said before pondering the next question. Esderand, where have i heard that name before? Janne pondered out loud. Older looking Man? Looks like a elderly wizard? Janne asked. More commotion Outside as the Knights got fed up and forced their way inside the Inn across the street tearing it up.

Morgan Droud

"I don't know, maybe. Father said he knew him from a while back and he would help me if anything happened to him."

For a moment her mind was lost, memories of the massacre in her hometown coming back to her, and the markings covering her burned like fire. A second later she found herself kneeling on the floor, the black chains glowing upon her flesh.

Gawfy

Janne knelt down to The Girl and placed his hand on her shoulder. Do You feel alright? He asked as he Put healing energy into her. He Did not know if it would help. But he did not want to sit idly by and watch this Girl be in pain.

Morgan Droud

"It's... Fine." Her breath was ragged, but the pain had died down.

Why now? It wasn't the first time the seal had triggered unintentionally, but she still had no idea why.

"I need to leave. His Mordecai should be on their way, and if you're seen with me they'll go after you too."

Gawfy

No can do. Janne said as he folded his arms.  If i leave you alone again you are just going to end up in another puddle of your own blood. He glanced back at the window. Besides Mordecai's are just self righteous cowards who kill people that cant fight back. what do you think These are for? I can Handle a few men He gestured to his shield and sword.

Morgan Droud

"Heh. As chivalric as you sound, I doubt you could stand up against one of HIS Mordecai. They're monsters, and they'll willingly kill everyone here to get to me. You as well, if they knew what you can do."

She wasn't joking with him, she was incredibly worried. Janne didn't know anything about them, but she did. She had seen them burn her home to the ground, the massacre of everyone she ever knew, just to get a single mage. If they learned the what she could do...

She shivered as the thoughts ran through her mind. From downstairs, she could hear them enter, and their "conversation" with the innkeeper. Their footsteps came closer, a stopped just outside the door.

With a crash, the door was smashed to pieces.

Gawfy

Janne looked over to the door as the man in silver armor burst through it. can i help you? Janne asked the man as he stood Face to face with  the man. He looked over Janne's sholder and saw the Girl. Not hesitating he Stabbed Janne through the chest. It wasn't subtle but if Eden Looked Hard enough she could have saw His Armor created a hole for the Mordicai to Stab. With a Drizzle of blood Janne's Body went limp. The Mordecai Took his hand and placed it on Janne's chest to take the blade Out. Janne Grabbed The Man By his arm.

MINUS STRIKE He Yelled as His armor resonated with his Sword,Now In hand Janne cleaved The Man In Two armor and all leaving a gristly scene. We should probably make with our Daring escape now. Janne said as he Stood opposite of the door waiting for more men.

Morgan Droud

"You... Killed him..." Eden was speechless. She saw the Mordecai stab Janne through the chest, SAW him collapse, then saw him kill the Mordecai with a single blow.

"You... How..." As two more appeared in the doorway, she finally came back to her senses, and followed his advice. It took about a second to get the window open, but once it was she leaped out, and hit the ground running.

Gawfy

Janne Jumped from the window and caught up to Eden. So any particular place we are fleeing too? He asked as they left Their purserers in the dust.

Morgan Droud

"I don't know!" She was breathing heavily, but kept up the pace. "I just got here yesterday, you probably know this city better than I do!"

Gawfy

Janne Saw an Ally and pulled eden into it with him. Well to be honest with you little lady i've been hitting the bottle most Of my time here. The Guards Rushed past them yelling at commoners. Janne Poked his head out and made sure it was clear. Ive been here Two weeks and have been sober for three days, Anyway it looks like we shook them for now.He said as he turned to a flustered Eden.Do you have to stay in this city? How do you know the man you are looking for is here? Janne inquired.