Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crimson Blades and Aqua Skies (Open)

Started by Morgan Droud, October 09, 2016, 09:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

"Umm." Thinking about it, Eden tried to remember what exactly her father had said.

"No, I don't think he ever mentioned WHERE Esderand was. This was just the closest place to our village, so I thought..."

Gawfy

Janne Put his hand on his helmet and shook his head. Then we should Focus on getting out of the city, Between you being a magic caster and me killing that guy back there i don't think we are welcome. He poked his head out again just to make sure it was clear.  We can try leaving through the main gate when the markets start to close or we can go through the aquaducts
Janne looked at eden Through his visor. What would you like to do?

Morgan Droud

Hearing him, she let out an internal sigh of relief, only now realizing how worried she had been throughout the whole ordeal.

"Aqueducts. It'll be safer and there's less chance of being tracked."

Gawfy

Janne nodded and took her hand and led her through the alleys to the slums. From there he Picked the Lock to a derelict house and let himself in. The place was a wreck. Dog tailing wood. Vines and moss all over the walls. but still had a working fire place. After Finding Two wooden chairs they both sat down. we wait till the sun goes down then we leave. They had a few hours until then so all they could do was wait. What was the deal with those Chains back in the Inn? Janne asked

Morgan Droud

"Well, it's a little hard to explain... You are aware that Mordecai are born with the natural ability to prevent most forms of magic in their vicinity, yes?"

With his affirmative, she continued her explanation.

"I was born like that. My mother was incredibly happy, but not Father. Father was a mage, an elementalist, and he sought to create a spell unlike any other. He had nearly finished it as well, but then mom found out..."

She trailed off, memories of her past returning, and a tear trickled down her cheek.

"She, she had him killed. She called the Lord of our land, and he sent a group of Mordecai. I, I watched them kill him."

She gulped, and more tears came from her, but she continued.

"One of them shot him, straight through the heart. Everything went black after that."

She looked up, through Janne's visor and into his eyes.

"The next day I found myself standing on a pile of corpses. Everyone in the village was dead, the Mordecai burned beyond recognition, and those marks upon my skin."

She stood from her chair, and walked over to a window. The sun was beginning to set, and it would be time for them to leave soon. She raised her hand and placed it upon the glass pane, covering the sun, and it's shadow upon her face, doing little to hide the emotions churning within her.

"All I know about this, is that it's a seal of some kind. Whenever the chains are visible, I can use magic, and when they're not, I'm just a normal Mordecai."

Gawfy

Janne began to grab his things. Lets get a move on then. Janne wanted to comfort her but he was Terrible at it. He patted her on the sholder, then went on the move. Ten minutes of walking later they where at the aqueducts. You might wanna take off your shoes we are going to be Walking in water for a while. Janne said as he Broke the lock to the entrance. They walked in and found that the waters where lower than usual and a sort of sidewalk path was now open. Janne clutched his hand and opened it. A Ball of light came from his hand lighting the way. So whats the Deal with the Bloodthirsty silver guys back there?

Morgan Droud

"The Lord I spoke about? Those guys serve under him, I had the misfortune of running into them after fleeing the village, and, seeing as Mordecai not already under the Church are rather rare, I guess I was a prize good enough to bring back."

She kept surveying the darkness, searching for the glint of silver, any small detail that would give away the presence of another.

"You're going to be targeted now too, you know? Someone capable of healing Mordecai would probably be far more valuable than me. You made it a two-for-one deal for them."

Gawfy

Wait so mordecai cant be healed by Normal means? Janne Continued to walk through the sewer haphazardly. And why would this guy want a mordecai anyhow? Janne thought back to when he Found Eden. Wait a minute If he just wanted to capture you why did they Attack you? If you want to capture some one you don't wound them and leave em for dead. Janne's Ball of light Started to wain in the Darkness.

Morgan Droud

"For the first question, yes Mordecai can heal normally, but without magic, we die far easier than someone who can just call a mage over and have them cast some healing magic.

Which is what I'm guessing you did. If not, lucky you. You get to die easy, not getting brainwashed into a willing slave of some damn noble.

As for why, why not? Can you give me one good reason not to amplify a standing army with soldier almost immune to magic? And it you're willing to take the risk, Mordecai are a far more efficient threat to coerce a spellcaster to your service than an army that'll just get wiped out by a few fireballs.

The wound though... That was mostly my fault. Apparently being chased by Mordecai instantly make you a wanted criminal, and that was from a guard who was just a little to fanatic about his beliefs."

Gawfy

Janne Shook his head as he listened. He then Cast another Light ball. As he did he spoke If you are talking about the healing back there When i took that Blade that wasn't magic. Janne said as the Ball of light now fluttered between them. That was the work of somthing very close to me. He said cryptically. The Duo where now halfway across the aqueducts. So who is this lord and how does he plan on catching you.. I mean us  He corrected himself seeing how he was a wanted criminal and all.

Morgan Droud

"Well, I'm not really sure. The knights have probably told him about me by now, but I don't really know anything about him."

A small taping sound from the darkness made her spin, but he walkway behind them was still empty. A few droplets fell from the ceiling, the source of the sound, but nothing else.

Gawfy

Janne continued to walk down the Watery hall. Well how big of a lord is he? Surely he cant chase us around the world right? Janne was starting to wonder just how long he would have to evade these people.

Morgan Droud

"As I said, I don't really know. Just that he rules most of the land around my former home."

As a small beacon of light came into view at the end of the tunnel, Eden let herself relax just a little. The guards couldn't have followed them, and she doubted anyone would be waiting for them. She was half right, as a young woman in a grey cloak sat before them, blocking the way.

"So."

She stood and dusted herself off, before addressing the two of them.

"You've got most of the city guard chasing you, a quite a number of those damned Mordecai, and you've picked up some blasted Cleric Knight, fellow, in less than a day. I guess you really are your father's daughter..."

As Eden stared at her in confusion, she turned to Janne and extended her hand.

"Well, seeing as you're helping my granddaughter, you can't be that bad. The name's Esderand, Archmage of the 13 Towers."

Gawfy

Janne shook his hand. Janne is my name, committing Felony evasion and Murder of a government agent is my game. Janne meant for that to be a Joke But it finally donned on him that he has been committing crimes this entire time. Not to mention he Did Cut down that man. How did you know we were in the aqueducts? Janne asked

Morgan Droud

Esderand chuckled, and held up a rather thick book.

"I obviously wouldn't leave my granddaughter absolutely unprotected, would I? I've been watching you both for a while now. I can't really enter the city, but I can assist in smaller ways. Why do you think the knight couldn't catch up earlier?"

He turned away from them, and beckoned.

"Come on. We need to be in a safer place when I send us to the Tower, can't have someone stumbling in on us, can we?"

Gawfy

Janne Turned to Eden and Shrugged. I Guess so, how far away is this tower? He asked as he followed The man.

Morgan Droud

"Well..."

A little while, and a good distance from the city later, Esderand stopped.

"This should be a good place."

Lifting the book in the air, he whisper a few words, and a large arcane rift was torn in the space before him. Gesturing at the two before him, he turned to leave.

"That portal will take you to the Tower. I still have a few thing to get to while I'm here, so I probably won't be there for a while. Best wishes."

He set off, back toward the city, leaving Eden and Janne in front of the Portal.

Gawfy

Janne looked at Eden as the man walked away. Ladies first. He said as he watched her Walk through The portal. He soon followed. They soon found themselves in a Room in a tower looked like a Guest Room. Still nice with a clean feeling to it. Janne Tried to explore more but as he walked to the door he found it was locked.  Door is locked. he said as he sat down on the bed. So you know that guy? he said he was your grandfather. Janne asked as he Pulled his flask From his Belt

Morgan Droud

"I don't."

Eden was very confused with the recent series of events. She didn't get a good look under the grey cloak Esderand wore, but it probably didn't matter anyway.

"He is likely the man who father spoke of, but I don't know any thing about being his granddaughter. I've never met him before, and my father never spoke about his parents."

Gawfy

Janne wandered over to the window and looked down. So what do you think we should do then? Janne sat back down on the bed. The Door is locked and We are pretty high up here.