Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lords and Ladies The Fights are About to Start. (Open)

Started by Gawfy, October 24, 2016, 06:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawfy

The waiting room was Rust colored and Smelled Like Iron and Ammonia. There Gawfy Had been waiting for His Fights to come up. In Debt to The wrong people in the wrong city He Agreed to Fight in the Colosseum. The bets where now being Placed. All Gawfy Knew is that They Listed him as,"The Black swordsman." With no other stats. It was Not in Gawfy's favor, or thats what The Big wigs who calculate The Bets Thought anyway. He was about to go up against a favorite of the lords. Gheist the Bloody. He arrived a month ago and has Been Slaughtering everyone who stepped against him. Chopping them into bits with his Axe. A messenger ran in and informed Gawfy that the fight would start soon. They where taking the Last bets as Gawfy stood up and started to make his way to the gate.

Morgan Droud

Looking down at the Arena, Indrae wondered once again what whim had could possibly let him end up here, in this sand covered city in the middle of the desert.

"AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE OUR NEXT CHALENGERS! YOU ALL KNOW OF HIM, ONE OF THE GREATEST WARRIOR WE'VE EVER HAD IN THE ARENA, GHEIST THE BLOODY!"

Indrae watched as a mountain of a man, a massive axe upon his shoulder, entered the arena. He couldn't understand why everyone around him was cheering. Or why he was still there.

Bleeding fools. Is all you need to be a champion now size and strength? The damn idiot would be next to useless in an actual war.

"NOW FOR HIS OPPONENT! THE UNDERDOG, THE BLACK SWORDSMAN!"

Glancing over at the man as he entered, Indrae saw little of note about him. The sword was a bit big, but nothing he hadn't seen before. Standing, looked around for the exit, and hoped the day wouldn't turn out to be completely meaningless.

Gawfy

Gawfy wandered out There his Enemy Stand Gawfy Walked towards the middle About 4 Feet away as One of the Lords Yelled at Him. Take His Head Off! The man with the Axe made a great Big smile and replied as he pointed towards Gawfy Ill KILL HIM WITH ONE SWING OF THE AXE The crowd went silent for a moment and Yelled With excitement. Gawfy Raised Left Arm as to point at him. Gheist took there WHATTA GOT TO SAY BOY.. He was cut of by the sound of a thundering Explosion left Gawfy's left arm. The lead Ball made a KLANG as it made contact with the axe now being used as a shield. If The spectators had Very good eyesight they could see it cracked His Axe a bit.

Morgan Droud

Paying no attention to the shouts of the combatants, Indrae kept searching for the exit. Right after he found it, he was deafened by a explosion from the Arena. Wincing at the ringing sound that now filled his ears, he looked back and saw the two fighters, in a situation he wasn't really expecting. Though it was small, the second man had cracked Gheist's axe, and from what little he knew of weapons, steel was easily breakable if structurally unsound.

This... may be worth watching.

After a moment's hesitation, he made his way back to his seat and started paying more attention to the fight below.

Gawfy

Gawfy Put his Arm down. Fifteen Gold coins He said.  Ill Kill him In one Swing for 15 Gold coins. The Place grew silent. And erupted. Gawfy Walked Over to The man and Took his sword off of his back. He Crouched and twisted his back to put as much Power In this Swing as possible. OH NO YOU DON'T BOY Gheist Said as he Rushed Gawfy. Gawfy sat and watched as He reared back a swing. Gawfy started his swing but Gheist was faster Taking aim his axe met With Gawfy's Head.

The Axe Cracked and Broke into A thousand pieces against Gawfy's Helm Gawfy's swing was now complete he Grunted as he Swung into the man. Tearing into his Armor With Such force that it Chopped the man in half and sent his top half Launching into the area of the stands where the Half elves tend to sit. Gawfy Put his weapon back on his back as the Crowd Roared.

Morgan Droud

[... I get the feeling the ending below could be taken as discrimination against half-elves. but meh.]

Pulling his hood up and ducking beneath the seat in front of him, Indrae could hear the shouting around him as the half corpse landed a little ways away. Scowling, he returned to his seat, a quick flame to clear off the few drops of blood. It probably wouldn't show even if it got in his robes, but it was the aesthetics more than anything.

He was more than a little surprised at the outcome of the match. He hadn't bet, so he had no gains of losses, but was more interested in the armored man who had proven victorious. If he was fighting again, he would definitely be willing to take the risk of betting on it.

Gawfy

OOC [ the people of Essyrn are kinda Prejudice against other people not from Essyrn so i thought it would help the world building]
Wandered Back to the Coliseum entrance. The people whom he was in debt to where very happy and wanted to keep the Streak going, They Set up another Fight an hour from now so gawfy wandered over to one of the Resident bars and Wet his whistle. People Just stared as he walked around Town and into the bar he took a seat and started Drinking. The Door squeaked again as more people Heard this is where he came.

Morgan Droud

[Yeah, but a special space in the stands exclusively for half-elves? Bit excessive if you ask me, but seeing as it's kinda meaningless, I'll drop it.]

Looking into the bar, the swordsman from before seemed busy with a great dead of new fans, so Indrae took a seat near him and waited. As the minutes passed, the crowd thinned out, and after a while he went over and introduced himself.

"So. How is it to fight for your life for other people's entertainment?"

Gawfy

Drinking and gambling Don't go well together. Gawfy turned to the man. Sorry if you lost some money He said as he put his drink Down. Apparently The people Saw that i was a Mercenary and Threw me into the pit. The name is Gawfy by the way  He put out his hand for a shake

Morgan Droud

Grinning under his hood, Indrae accepted the handshake.

"Indrae. And no, I don't gamble. Normally."

Tapping his fingers on the table, he glanced around, making sure no one was in earshot before whispering in Gawfy's ear.

"But I'm willing to make one right now. How much do you know about Dragons?"

Gawfy

How much do i know about dragons? Gawfy said as he pulled off his Helmet to show a long scar on his lower cheek. I know that if i stab it in the belly it dies. Gawfy ordered another bottle of amber liquid. I also know a Cannon blast to the head kills most of them. He said as he Pulled is left arm up to show Indrae. Why do you ask?

Morgan Droud

Grinning, Indrae pulled a bag of gold from his pocket. He had been saving for a while for a moment such as this.

"After you're through with your life or death fights, meet me just outside the city," he gestured to the walls and stood. "I'll have more to say then."

Leaving his hood up, he left the bar and returned to his seat at the Arena. Today wasn't so bad after all.

Codex

With a soft grunt, and a loud clang, Kave's large blue eyes slowly fluttered open. Where was he? What happened? Why did his head ache so badly? The large bear first noticed how dim the area was. The only light coming from a pale yellow glow shining from a barred grate far above him. That's when he noticed his arms and legs were chained, and a tight metal muzzle had been strapped around his snout. Finally he figured out what was going on... His Armor and axe had been stripped, and he was obviously chained up like the beast he was.

In the distance, Kave could hear cheering from an unseen crowd, and the sounds of battle. He only knew one place that fit those sounds, and the scorching heat. The barbaric arena of Essyrn...

"Oi! It's awake!" He heard an unkown voice in the darkness. Kave let out a deep growl to tell his captor how unimpressed he was with the current situation. "Hehheh. Well then cub, hope you're hungry. The first fight for your freedom is in an hour!" A tall man said as he stepped out of the shadows.  "The Black Swordsman vs the Armored Beast! This should be a good one!" He laughed.

Gawfy

Gawfy Finished his Drink And put his helmet back on As he Walked out of the bar and back to the Bloody Pits. He sat down In the Red stained waiting room as bets where being taken.Some Men and Women Walked into the Room with Plates and Drink in tow. A Well dressed Short man came in behind them. Mr.Gawfy Wonderful display Sir, allow me to introduce you, These where Ghiest's Slaves, As per Coliseum Rules you won them when you Killed him. The man handed Gawfy Paperwork to sign off on and Left shortly afterwards. What would you have us do master? One asked as gawfy Stood up. Leave. Im not in the Business of owning people. You are free if you wish or you can stick around for someone else to take you.
They where stunned and speechless. Gawfy Stood up and walked out of the room and headed towards the Gates. The announcer was about to speak and the match would soon be underway.

Gawfy

Men and Women Welcome to the second fight of the day. We have the Black swordsman again today! Most of the Crowd Boo'd seeing as how they lost their bets not to long ago  And in the Other Corner we have The armored beast! The gates Lowered To reveal a Bear Wearing armor. Where the Hell did they find a bear? Gawfy asked himself as we walked toward the Middle of the pit. He glanced at the stands and more and more people where filling seats. Something seemed off to Gawfy. Why throw a bear at him? Gawfy sighed and Took his sword off of his back and took a low stance. Waiting for the Bear to charge him,