Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Beast's Hold

Started by detectiveryan, March 11, 2017, 12:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detectiveryan

Something was lurking in the cave.

Not that Addie was going down there-- not yet, anyway. The board in town had said that something needed to be done about that old outpost and, well, Addie had confidence enough in her abilities as a hunter of Adela that she'd taken the job. Not that she was backing out now, of course. That'd be a cowardly thing to do and Addie was not a coward. But she wasn't a complete idiot, and she could tell there was something living and breathing underneath those miles of mazelike mining tunnels.

She wasn't going in there on a grand hunt, of course. Why would she? There was no guarantee she could even use anything in there from that creature. No, Addie's current quest was a fetch quest because somewhere in those depths were the belongings of a local villager's grandfather. There was no point in going on a grand hunt while that villager was counting on her.

Perhaps Addie had never been particularly intelligent or wise, but she knew when she was outmatched and, perhaps more to the point, she knew when terror would have her at less than her best. So back to the newsboard in the village she went, with her plainly-lettered and poorly-spelled request and a hammer and nail to pin it into the wood.

On an expadishon looking for party members. No military background reckwired. Old mining outpost tunnels half a mile east of town. Can't do it alone. Take reckwest to inn, ask for Adaia Wyrmsbane. Willing to split profits. Best to know your way arownd a wepon if you want to joyn. Thank you.

Adaia Wyrmsbane

And so it was, nailed to the board in the center of town. Addie waited by the board for another few minutes, wringing her hands and hoping she wouldn't have to go down into that tunnel alone. Still, it was inticing-- what sorts of riches were down there? Who knew where those tunnels really led? There could be ruins of an ancient civilization, or the hoard of a dragon that'd died of old age. Or really cool bones! Really, the sky was the limit-- figuratively, of course. But all Addie could do was wait for someone to come along and help her face the beast.

Gawfy

A clacking of metal against the earth could be heard as gawfy Walked into the little village ragged cloak and dirty armor. The slight pitter patter of the light rain kept him cool as he walked to the center of the village to find a woman standing next to a board with a few things hammered onto it. Gawfy walked past her and into the bar slightly ajar to said board. After Getting water and a bottle of mildly expensive liquor he walked out again and took a step out over to the board peering it for profitable jobs.

detectiveryan

Addie played it cool. Lots of people came and got jobs-- Addie herself had torn down a flier just the previous day, and after resting at the inn she'd gone to inspect the mining outpost in question, leading her to where she was now. The hammer in her hand was perhaps a dead giveaway to the fact that she'd just put up the most recent notice.

Briefly, she waved to get the other's attention. "Hey, hello, sorry to bother," she said in a slight lilting voice with flattened vowels and softened Rs. "Couldn't help but see what you're looking at-- that one's mine, about the expedition. Interested?"

Gawfy

Gawfy read the request, As soon as he finished the woman raised her voice asking him if he wanted the job. He turned to her and spoke.  You need more than one person to go into an old mineshaft? must be either alot of beasts or Few strong ones.  he said aloud. He mediated in thought and spoke again. Easy snatch and grab would just be up my alley, Lets head out as soon as possible

detectiveryan

Addie did not bother hiding the fact that her face lit up. She'd been worried she'd have to wait weeks and weeks for a response, and have to tell that villager that she hadn't gotten his grandfather's belongings because she was too scared to do anything but wait for backup. "Great!" she decided. "Excellent! Good thing it isn't far. I already have the supplies I'll need, and I assume you have your own, sir...?"

Gawfy

Yep, im ready as ill ever be. Gawfy said as he started walking east. Names Gawfy Nice to make your acquaintance Adaia He said as he walked

((( OOC  Might wanna move the thread to a another board
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?board=101.0 Like here)))

detectiveryan

((Sounds like a good idea but like how do I do that))

Gawfy

((( click on the link i sent and hit the new topic button)))

detectiveryan

Tags: