Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can I Get an Amen? [RHEH-RHEH] [M]

Started by DaGlobster, December 23, 2015, 10:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

"Khero? She's a servant, and a very dear friend of mine," he said, and he joined his hands on his lap.

It felt rather awkward, mostly because Elaros could almost feel how badly this lady wanted to get out of his house.

"So, are you passing through Connlaoth?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, ah, yeah! All the way from La'marri," Niamh said, happy to latch onto the conversation point like it was a lifeline. "Never been here before, and, er, didn't really mean to come here, but I got sorta turned around in the mountains and figured..."

She shrugged. "Probably safer to brave Connlaoth than the things in the mountains. Can't say the Mother was very happy about that decision, though," she added with a slight scowl. "This is probably my punishment."

She paused, blinked, and raised her hands. "The sickness, I mean!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Elaros smiled at her little flounder, and shrugged.

"The mountains can be rather treacherous and unforgiving at times. However, so can the Connlaothians, I suppose."

Rhindeer

Glad that he hadn't apparently noticed her slip, Niamh hurried on before he could catch it belatedly. "Yeah...I heard they kill mages?" she said with a frown, picking off another piece of biscuit. She shook her head, rolling her eyes. "Idiots, claiming magic is heresy. Magic is a gift. But that's what happens when you worship some guy. Like, not even a false god so they can't even say they were tricked. Just a literal man."

Khero appeared again then, a bundle of clothes in her arms. She plopped them onto the couch, and Elaros would be able to tell that, indeed, they were some of her own clothes.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"I hardly bother trying to make sense of it. They lash out like primitives towards mages. It's absolute savagery out there!" Elaros said, the issue being a rather strong one for him.

"If you'd like a moment of privacy to change into clothes that aren't wet, I'll leave you to it," Elaros said, and he got up and left the room. He motioned for Khero to follow him, and he closed the doors when he left.

Rhindeer

Inside the room, Niamh was happy for the chance to change. Her head was still all dizzy, but once she checked that she was truly alone, she rose and looked over the clothes Khero had given her.

There was a long skirt, a shirt, and a bodice that went over it all, all beautifully designed and crafted--and yet Niamh's nose wrinkled at it. She didn't do skirts. Usually. The only exceptions being when she wore one of her native syrmas--a type of skirt that all Solisi donned--but aside from that, she was a trousers gal. But it was dry, and her clothes were miserably wet, and so she sighed and peeled them off, shivering still.

She could bear it for now.

The clothes fit, more or less, though the bodice had to be laced up really tightly to work; Khero had a much bigger bust than her nigh non-existent one. She scowled at that, but was glad that the clothes were modest, at least, even if they did nothing to hide her shape like the baggy trousers and cloak did. Ergh.

She sat back down on the couch, grabbed a towel, and started to dry her hair better, the wet clothes draped over the arm of the couch since she wasn't quite sure where to put them.

----

Outside the room, Khero put her hands on her hips as she regarded Elaros with a cocked head.

"Yer not gonna fuck her, are ya?" she asked, blunt as ever.

DaGlobster

Elaros shot a hand up to his chest, mock indignation coming to his face.

"The poor girl came in seeking shelter from the storm, Khero. Besides, she hardly seems interested," he said, and shrugged.

He put his hands on Khero's hips, covering her hands.

"Are you jealous?" he teased.

Rhindeer

Khero's eyes narrowed playfully as she peered up at him.

"No. But I know how ya operate. Bringin' home a new girl every night..."

DaGlobster

"Not every night," Elaros said, and he playfully narrowed his own eyes.

"Listen, Khero, it's different this time. I'm just helping the poor girl out. So you don't have to worry about me getting the rest of the house sick," he said, and he darted in to give Khero a kiss.

Rhindeer

Khero wasn't sure she would ever get used to how weird his kisses felt, but they at least no longer repulsed her. Still her face heated up like a torch, reminding her all too much of what other sorts of things she'd caved into doing, and she cleared her throat loudly and looked back toward the door.

"She's prolly changed by now, don'tcha think?" she said quickly, face still burning.

DaGlobster

"Probably," Elaros said, and he grinned at Khero.

"You should go check up on her."

Rhindeer

"Yeah, prolly," Khero said with a nod, still obviously flustered, before she went and knocked on the door.

"Hey! Y'all dressed in there?" she called, and cracked the door open an inch to peek inside.

Fortunately, Niamh was dressed, looking significantly more alive in dry, clean clothes, and she called back hoarsely, "Ah, yeah! I'm decent."

Looking back up at Elaros, Khero pat his arm. "If anyone else gets sick, I'mma know who to blame," she said, just as an extra reminder.

DaGlobster

"You'll be the first one to be sick," Elaros said, and he stuck his tongue out at her and went back inside the lounge.

"So, Niamh, you said something about a mother?" he asked as he made his way towards her.

Rhindeer

Khero pinched his arm in retaliation, right before she followed along after him and shut the door behind them.

Niamh was curled up on the couch, a few towels brought up to cover her, and at Elaros's question she tilted her head curiously.

"A mother...? Oh! Oh, uh, yeah. The Mother. Mother Sun. The Goddess Nerti. The one who gave us all life and lit up the world." She blinked, squinting lightly at Elaros. "You know Her, right?"

DaGlobster

Elaros was quiet for a few moments, before speaking.

"Well, as a reptile, I practically worship the sun anyways. I might've heard your Mother Sun's name in passing, but I don't quite think I'm familiar."

Rhindeer

"You worship the sun?" Niamh said with a sudden smile, and some of that tension she had been carrying eased all the more. "Good. It's okay if you didn't know Her name before that, so long as you honor Her and believe in Her above all other gods. The other gods aren't really gods, anyway. They're spirits and demons that are good at pretending, but want nothing more than to lead souls astray. Like this Ansgar guy. Sounds like a pretty clever man, but he's just a man, not a god."

DaGlobster

Shit, did she take his joke at face value?

Elaros looked to Khero, and "Oh shit" look in his eyes, but slight amusement present on his face.

"The sun is a large part of my life," he said, looking back towards Niamh. What he was saying wasn't exactly a lie, either, but if saying it a certain way got her to ease up, then that's how he was going to phrase things.

"Everytime the weather permits, I bask in its light. I also revere the dragon mothers, Apsu and Tiamat," he said, and he motioned to the centerpiece sculpture in the lounge.

Rhindeer

Niamh followed his gesture to the statue, which looked, to her, suspiciously like idols. Then again, it could have just been an artistic piece.

"Well, reverence and worship are different things," she said with a shrug. "It's okay to revere a great leader, as long as it doesn't cross over into worship. Mother Sun gave them life, after all. She created them."

Khero, meanwhile, had her lips pressed together in a firm line as she fought to keep from laughing. She believed in the Serenian pantheon, of course, but she wasn't the most faithful follower and Niamh's spiel sounded like a load of bullshit to her.

But she was just going to sit back and let Elaros dig himself deep.

DaGlobster

"Mmm. Well, Niamh, it's been a pleasure, but I have some business to take care of in my chambers. Feel free to enjoy the rest of the tea and biscuits. If you need anything else, my chanbers are located at the door right at the top of the stairs."

It was a common feature that all of his abodes shared. He rather liked the image of his room being right at the top of the stairs. It helped him center himself.

He looked to Khero, and he motioned out of the room with his head. The look in his eyes expressed a desire to... "Unwind."

Rhindeer

Niamh nodded at that, a little glad that she wasn't going to be expected to socialize right now. She was tired from sickness, and the best way to recover was lots of rest, after all.

She finished off her biscuit and curled up tighter into the towels and couch. "Thank you," she said, getting comfortable, and was relieved that at the very least this wasn't, as it turned out, a heathen's household. He was a believer. Thank the Light.

"I should be okay. I probably just need rest, but...thank you." And with a yawn, she closed her eyes.

Taking Elaros's cue, Khero slipped out after him and shut the door behind her to give the girl her space. "What business do ya gotta..."

And then she trailed off, catching that look. "Oh."

Tags: