Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Me Again {Eckhart}

Started by Celegwen, March 25, 2018, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

A small smile tugged at the corner of the girl's lips, as Vivianne followed Hildegarde's gaze. She put her hand again over her corset where her injury had been, not really positive of what she was going to do.

Part of her wanted to just walk over and say hi, but she knew that would be foolish - to say the least. Vivianne glanced at Hildegarde, then back at Eckhart and the dwarf walking next to him. She made sure to stay next to Hildegarde, not taking a step ahead partially as a way of making sure she didn't seem threatening or anything.

"Hi..." Vivianne said, seeming to trail off slightly. She glanced at Hildegarde, then opened her satchel, pulling out a burgundy velvet coin purse and lifting it momentarily for the younger Von Musel to see. "I know we didn't part on the best of terms, Eckhart, but I want to make things right. If you'll give me a chance?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart remained frozen in place, glancing at his sister, Vivianne, and the coin purse in turn. "What do I say?" he thought bitterly. "Is she even being sincere? Or is she only doing it to make amends with her?"

"Are you seriously trying to buy his forgiveness?" Porcelina asked angrily, hands on her hips. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Hildegarde smiled worriedly. "Porcelina, could you-"

"No!" the dwarf snapped. She grabbed the boy by the arm, lips pursed. "Eckhart asked me to stay, so I'll stay."

Eckhart looked at his feet, muttering a quiet thank you. Belladonna rubbed against his leg. "See? Even if Mirror-bitch sticks around, you'll still have friends here to stick up for you." she mewled comfortingly. "It's fine. Everything will be okay."

Celegwen

Vivianne glanced at Hildegarde briefly, then looked back at Eckhart and his...friend. She could see why Hildegarde didn't want Porcelina rubbing off on her younger brother, but that wasn't important at the moment.

She shook her head. "Porcelina, you're misinterpreting what I'm doing," she said. "It's twenty suns. I'm not trying to buy your forgiveness, Eckhart; just repaying a debt." Vivianne swallowed nervously. Taking a breath, the girl took off her satchel and put it on the ground, then twisted her body to each side, showing that she didn't have any weapons on her.

She can't keep answering for him, Vivianne thought, shooting a quick glare to the dwarf.

"I want to talk, Eckhart, but I want to talk to you," she said. "I don't mind if Porcelina stays if that's what makes you feel better, but please... Can you answer me?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Don't look at me like that!" Porcelina chided angrily, stamping her foot on the ground. "I'm only- hm?"

Eckhart squeezed the dwarf's hand gently, and she went silent. Sighing, the boy looked Vivianne in the eyes. "Let's not talk about it." he said quietly. "I don't care why you did it, or how sorry you are." The boy broke eye contact, looking away. "Everything's turned on it's head recently... seems pointless to hold a grudge now."

Hildegarde's eyes widened, and she gave Vivianne a sympathetic glance. "So... will you two be cool now, or...?"

Celegwen

Vivianne was slightly taken back by Eckhart's lack of anger. It was pretty clear that he wasn't happy, but he didn't yell or walk away or anything, so it definitely could've been worse.

The girl simply nodded to Hildegarde, then took a step towards the younger Von Musel with the coin purse extended. "Please," she said quietly. "It belongs to you. I hope I can eventually make it up to you, so at least let me repay the money you put into my lie." There was a hint of guilt in her voice at the mention of the lie, so it should've been pretty clear that she was genuine. Whether or not Eckhart was willing to forgive would be an obstacle for another time!

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde watched uneasily as her brother gingerly stepped forward and took the coin purse. He peered inside of it, wincing- as if he expected something to jump out out him.

"How much is in there?" Porcelina asked caustically. "It had better be enough to repay him, you-"

"Porcelina, it's the right amount." Eckhart said, smiling slightly. He looked at Vivianne and bowed his head slightly. "Thanks..." 

Still latched onto his arm, the dwarven woman began to drag the healer behind her. "Alright, that's enough stress for you today." she grumbled. "Come on, I promised I'd show you brush strokes." Together the two would begin down the hallway once more, Eckhart giving a hurried wave goodbye to his sister s he did so.

After waving back, Hildegarde gave her friend a concerned look. "Hey." she said, placing a hand on Vivianne's shoulder. "If it helps, he was like this with me at first too. He'll warm up... hopefully."

Celegwen

Vivianne gave Hildegarde a short smile, watching the younger Von Musel retreat with the dwarf on his arm. She shook her head slightly with a small shrug, showing that she was at peace with whatever would happen next.

"Worst case scenario," the girl started, "we don't fully reconcile. Even if that's so, I know that I'm no longer in his debt and he's safe here."

Taking a breath, she spun on her heel and put her satchel over her shoulder with a smirk. It wasn't worth dwelling on because there was nothing she could do at the moment.

Vivianne lifted her right brow and spread her arms. "So, tell me what you've been up to!" She said happily. "Clearly, you've done wonderfully for yourself, so I want details. How'd you expand so quickly?"