Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Absences/Returns / Re: I'm back
« Last post by Eckhart_Von_Musel on Today at 05:44:11 AM »
He returns! Welcome back man, it's good to see you again.
Northern Serendipity / Re: Enter Sandman (Emeraldknight)
« Last post by Eckhart_Von_Musel on Today at 05:42:59 AM »
"Of course..."

The warm glowly quickly disappeared from Wallace's face, being replaced by a look of bitter acceptence. "It's... it's not..."  he began sadly, but the look on Blood Diamond's face prevented him from going any further. 

"This always happens. Why can't people just forget?"

Swallowing, Wallace turned away. "I-I'm sorry for causing tyou trouble... I should just go." The necromancer's head drooped slightly. "Just forget you saw me..."
"I was so close too..."
Absences/Returns / I'm back
« Last post by Gawfy on Today at 05:04:30 AM »
Message me if we had a thread going and world like to continue
Arca / Re: To See the World (OPEN!!! need two or three!!)
« Last post by BryceTheDozy on Today at 03:34:00 AM »
For a second time the bells adorning the doorway chimed as the door frame was filled by a large figure, silhouetted by the outside light. The cloaked man had to stoop down a bit to enter, quietly shutting the door behind himself, standing a bit awkwardly as the bell likely drew attention.

He kept himself slightly slouched to appear somewhat smaller, looking at those already present, "I am to understand there is work here, yes? I would hope that I am not late." He spoke with a fairly thick accent that denoted him as someone not native to Connlaoth.

Despite the obvious size of the man it was hard to discern much from him, most of his features and equipment being hidden by a thick cloak lined with fur along the edges. The only visible features were a faded beard that poked out a few inches from the rim of the hood, and what appeared to be a light set of padded armor.

He made no move to give his name or even lower the hood, merely standing near the door waiting for a satisfactory answer.
Character Catalogues / BryceTheDozy's Character Catalogues
« Last post by BryceTheDozy on Today at 03:06:31 AM »
Brun: Travelling sword for hire, trying to stay on the move towards Connlaoth.
Kilanthro Mountains / Re: Far from Home
« Last post by PixelatedGlory on March 23, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »
For a blind woman, she sure acts like she can see a lot. It's a little unnerving but who am i to judge? Oren was jolted out of his own thoughts by the sudden warning and he flinched before realizing what she meant.

He took in the area with wide eyes. He expected something a lot smaller than this. There were more people in this camp than there were in his home village. Of course they had been farmers so they were more spread out. He'd always enjoyed watching as people went about their daily lives and he tried to take it all in. And that was not even including the sight of the waterfalls.

Oren had to shake his head to focus as Aeris addressed him and he barely noticed that Shyla had dropped his hand. "It's beautiful. I don't know what I expected, but this is far better than I could have imagined." He regains his composure and then in a more professional tone he asks, "Well should I start seeing to your injured?"
Sionad Tundra and Valleys / The Not so Lonely Wilderness
« Last post by PixelatedGlory on March 23, 2018, 09:25:21 PM »
There was an uneasy creaking moan as the carved piece of whalebone bent slightly under pressure. It was new enough that Mert didn't fear it would break. Even in this wind his tent should've held up just fine. He spent a lot of time making sure it was well maintained. A few embers were launched into the air as he stirred the coals of his small fire and added some dried peat in preparation for the evening. It had been covered over and smoldering while he was gone for the day.

“We're out of the wind now Deli, time to pick out your dinner,” Mert said quietly as he stepped away to start removing his outer layers. At the mention of dinner there was a shift around his neck and what had previously appeared to be a scarf of snow white fur leaped from his neck and revealed itself to be a large ermine. She shook her fur out and chittered happily back at Mert before bounding off towards a leather sack in the corner.

Mert hung up his coat, a mishmash of  so many different types of fur that it was almost comical, and set his boots near the fire to start drying out. The air was be enough for the rest of it but damp boots were downright annoying. A few more layers of fur and leather came off and were hung with care on conveniently arranged pegs lashed to the bone supports of the tent.

A chuckle erupted from Mert's unkempt mess of a beard as he turned to see that Deli had pulled the sack over onto herself and her little arms and legs were flailing as she wiggled free. “I've seen you scare off a wolf, but a sack of food defeats you?” Despite the question he has a smile on his face and he stumbles over to free the ermine. “Well now, were you hoping to get the last of the salmon before I could get to it? Little scamp. Tell you what, I will give you most of it and use the rest for my soup.”

Mert rummaged around in his sack and produced the smoked fish, breaking off a third for himself and handing the rest to his companion. As she happily nibbled away he filled a small pot with water, a few vegetables, the dried salmon, and a few other hunks of meat from the bag. He planned to be camped there for a few days, so the soup wouldn't be wasted. He decided to wait until after dinner to go hang his bag of food up in the trees.

The soup bubbled and the aroma wafted out of the vent in the roof Mert laid back and thought about the traps and snares he had placed earlier that day. The first few nights in a new area were usually the most successful.
« Last post by DragonSong on March 23, 2018, 08:47:37 PM »
Yet another exchanged glance- though it probably seemed an odd gesture coming from a blind girl.

Neither Stella nor Shyla commented however, save for the lycan woman to call out suddenly, "Oi, incoming!"

The path suddenly flattened out as it reached a curve, and it was revealed that just around the corner there was a sort of plateau, a wide stretch of land that evened out up ahead, with the mountains rising into a high wall of protection all around it. A few smallish waterfalls fed into a trickling stream that flowed away from the plateau and into a larger fall near the northeastern edge, and the water provided a sudden burst of greenery- compared to the mountains' usually scraggly vegetation.

An obviously temporary but still impressively sized camp had been set up across the flatter land, some two or three dozen tents big enough to hold a small family, with three larger ones set back against the mountain face on the western side.

The Red Howlers milled about the camp, at least a hundred of them, probably more in the tents or out scouting. A familiar mahogany shape loped toward the newcomers on all fours, then straightened up and huffed. Aeris looked them over, than offered a savage grin.

"Welcome, outsider," he said, waving a hand at the camp behind him. Shyla dropped Oren's hand and drew her Sight back into herself. She didn't need it here.
« Last post by PixelatedGlory on March 23, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »
Oren also shrugs, "I don't care what you do for a living. I've met unfriendly people before and so far you don't qualify. Honestly as long as my patients don't want to kill me that is enough."

It's Oren's turn to roll his eyes, though he does it in a way that he hopes no one can see. "We already discussed how I would like to be paid for my work. I don't expect anything else."
Moraki Desert / Re: Desert Encounter (DragonSong)
« Last post by DragonSong on March 23, 2018, 08:39:36 PM »
Throwing her blades up in a crossed guard, Maka dug her heels into the ground and gritted her teeth, gagging as the fetid breath of the creature washed over her.

"Fuck off and die," she spat at it, and spun into an almost unsettlingly elegant kick, catching it in the side of the head, before she used to momentum to complete the rotation and swing both blades down toward its neck and midsection as she came around again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10