Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Search of Healy-People

Started by Anonymous, May 02, 2005, 04:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nova flew as fast as she could over trees and everything else. She knew the Light Mage VIllage was close, and she new that Light Mages were healy people. She saw the village coming up, and flew lower. She noticed that Enki was bleeding now, and flew faster. She noticed a sign in front of a house right on the edge of town for a healer; it was written in lots of different languages, so she could read one of them. She landed quite gracelessly in the backyard of the place. She set Enki down on the ground before turning back into her human form and running inside.

Nova: Hello? Is there a healy-person here? My Enki is hurt and I need you to fix 'im!

Anonymous

By the time Nova got to the Light Mage Village Enki was unconscious. He flopped to the ground when she set him down, the arrow in his collarbone snapping in the center. The grass around his nose waved a little every now and then.

Marduk grit its teeth and pumped its wings so hard they felt like they would peel off. Nova sure was fast! And she was getting faster! Marduk couldn't fly any faster, so it hoped she wasn't going very far. They couldn't go very far, it had to be able to remember the way back so it could go get Tassy if Nova forgot about her.

Nova was getting smaller and smaller, and then she started to go down. Marduk stopped and sat on a whisp of cirrus cloud, its wings twitching like they wanted to fly some more. No more flying today, it was just too hard to keep up with Nova. Hmmm. Marduk looked down at the cloud and then at Nova's shrinking self. It snapped its fingers and buried both hands in the tiny cloud, which reared up like a horse and began to soar after Nova.

Anonymous

A middle-aged woman came out of the house to see Enki laying unconcious on the ground with an arrow through his collar, and Nova running around naked.

Woman: My goodness, what is going on out here?

Nova: Well, I was looking for Enki, and when I found him, he was with this other lady, Tassy, and this really mean and angry man showed up and tried to fight Enki, and then he started shooting at us, and I wanted to save Tassy, but she was trapped-ed, and I had to save Enki, because he's my bestest friend, and you gots to help him!

Woman: Slow down a moment! Okay, is that shot the only injury he has?

Nova: Yeah, I think. Can you fix it?

Woman: Well, if it just broke the bone and didn't hit anything important, then I probably can. Hold on. *calling into the house* Derrick!!

A young man came out of the house when she called. He looked at Nova and blushed darkly until the woman smacked him.

Woman: Derrick, carry that man inside the house and get him set up on the bed. *to Nova* Come inside and I'll get you some clothes.

Nova nodded and followed the woman into the house as Derrick went to pick up Enki.

Anonymous

While Nova was talking to the woman from the house Marduk swooped down on the cloud horse. Marduk leapt off once it got near Enki's head and walked to his nose, the cloud following close behind. "Poppy," Marduk poked Enki's nose. "Poppy we left Tassy all by herself with the bad stick man. Should I go back and get Tassy?"

Enki didn't say anything.

"Poppy?" Marduk turned to the cloud. The cloud raised its 'head', flew up Enki's nose and drifted out the other nostril a few seconds later.

Enki's nose twitched a little when the cloud flew in and out, but otherwise he did nothing.

Then Marduk noticed the man coming towards his Poppy. Maybe he could wake Poppy up so it could ask whether or not to go back and get Tassy! Marduk flew up and began to whiz around the boy's head. "Hi! Who are you? My name's Marduk Tinwe, what's your name? Do you have a nickname? Do you want me to give you a nickname? Can you give me a nickname too? What are you going to do with my Poppy?"

Anonymous

Nova followed the cleric woman into the house. The woman led her into a walk-in closet.

Woman: Oh, where are my manners, I haven't introduced myself yet! My name is Mycorrhina. Most patients just call me 'Cleric' or 'Cleric Rhina.'

Nova: I'll call you Rhini!

Rhina: That's a new one. No matter. You're welcome to wear anything in here, though I think that the only things that will fit you are in that drawer.

Rhina pointed to a drawer.

Rhina: You go on and get dressed while I tend to your friend.

Nova: Sure thing Rhini! Take good care of 'im!

Meanwhile, Derrick was in a bit of shock. He didn't believe in faeries, and now there was one speaking to him.

Daerrick: Uhh, my name's Derrick. I don't have a nickname or anything, sorry. Uhm, could you hop up so I can carry him inside?

Anonymous

Marduk landed on Derrick's shoulder, the cloud flying up to perch next to him. "I hopped up Derr! I'm gonna call you Derr since nobody gave you a nickname. Did you ever ask anyone to give you a nickname?"

Marduk jumped into the air and fluttered up to perch on Derrick's head. "What are you going to do to Poppy when you take him inside? Are you going to take the stick out of him? The stick is why he's sleeping. Putting a stick in somebody makes them go to sleep. Did you know that? Do you know why that happens? I think the sticks have magic in them, magic and colored water. See, look," Marduk pointed down at the arrow and the black, silver tinged blood peeking out from under his surcoat.

Anonymous

Derrick: Uhm, I've never asked for a nickname, but okay.

Marduk mentioned the sticks making Enki go to sleep.

Derrick: Uhm, he's not sleeping; he's unconsious. And the stick is an arrow. They're supposed to hurt people and, er, put them to sleep, only permanantly.

Derrick picked Enki up gently, one arm on his back, the other under his knees, and he carried him inside, setting him down on the couch.

Meanwhile, Nova was trying on clothes, trying to get into something comfortable and roomy. She found a tan shirt, baggy brown pants, and some comfy brown shoes. She pulled on a matching jacket as an afterthought before coming out to see Enki.

Anonymous

Marduk and the cloud-horse fluttered after Derrick when he brought Enki inside, Marduk chattering all the way. "He'll go to sleep permanently! How lazy! I think it would boring to go to sleep permanently, do you? What will Poppy dream of if he has to sleep forever? Can you wake him up so I can ask him? When I sleep I want to have dreams of shiny, fluffies. Do you like shiny fluffies Derr?"

After Derrick put Enki down Marduk hovered over his chest, looking at the stick and back to Derrick. The cloud perched on top of Marduk's head and went through some motions that looked like a cat cleaning itself. Marduk looked like it was considering whether ot not to poke at the stick, since that might be able to affect whether or not he woke up.

Then Marduk saw Nova out of the corner of its eye and turned to look and grin at her. "Hey Nova, what do you think Poppy dreams about? Do you think he dreams about shiny fluffies?"

Anonymous

Derrick looked at Marduk again.

Derrick: Lazy... right. Well, when you go to sleep permanently, you don't dream. You just sorta... stop doing anything.

Marduk then fluttered over to Nova.

Nova: Well, I don't know what Enki dreams about, but I can't see why he wouldn't dream about sparklies! Sparklies are pretty and... sparkly! I dream about sparklies sometimes. I also dream about having fun with my friends. 'Course I really only have two friends, an' that's Enki and Noxie, but I don't think you've met him. I haven't seen him in a long time. I hope he's okay.

Once Enki was placed on the bed, Rhina walked over to him and started assessing his situation.

Rhina: Derrick, come help me get his shirt off all the way so I can see if any more damage has been done.

Derrick came over and helped Rhina remove the shirt. Rhina then started to press down on his chest, checking for broken ribs, but not finding any. She checked all over his upper body, but didn't find anything other than some bruises. She then set to working on the arrow. It had broken in the center, but luckily was outside the wound, and hot inside Enki's chest. She snapped off the broken part and wiggled the end that was in Enki around gently, to be sure it hadn't broken internally. Once she was sure it hadn't, she pulled slightly on the arrow to see if it would come out easily. It slid out a little when she pulled on it. She pulled a little more, and it inched out again. She then slowly pulled it out the rest of the way without much difficulty, except when getting the head out, which wasn't very difficult. She then nodded at Derrick.

Derrick: * to Nova* We have to be quiet now, since she has to pray and such. If you want, you can leave and walk around the village a little.

Nova: Oh, okay. Should I take Marduk with me?

Derrick regarded the strange little fairy-thing.

Derrick: Yeah, that might be a good idea.

Nova looked over at Enki and decided that he looked okay, and that Rhini was doing a good job.

Nova: C'mon Marduk! We hae to leave for a little bit while Rhini fixes Enki!

Anonymous

Marduk looked back at Derrick. momentarily distracted by his further insight on sleeping. "How do you know if they dream or not? Did you ask someone that went to sleep per-ma-nen-ta-l-ly?"

The distraction didn't last long. Soon Marduk was sitting on top of Nova's head and leaning over her forhead. "I like sparklies too!" Marduk held a hand in front of itself and a brightly colored sparkle fluttered of each fingertip. "I don't know Noxie, is Noxie a friend of Poppy? What is Noxie like?"

Enki shuddered a little when Rhina removed his surcoat and shirt, his eyes twitching rapidly under the eyelids.

"Poppy's broken?" Was Marduk's reaction after Nova finished beckoning him outside. "Why did the mean stick man break Poppy?"

Anonymous

Nova: Yeah, Noxie's a friend of Enki's. They was travellin' tagether when I met 'em. Noxie's cool, though he was a bit creepy at times. He was really funny and he really likes Enki.

Rhina placed her hands on Enki's chest, a hand on each side of the wound. She closed her eyes and began chanting silently, moving her lips, but emitting no sound. Nova walked out of the door of the house and shut it so that Rhina could get to work. Once outside, Nova decided to answer Marduk's other question.

Nova: Enki isn't broken, but his bones are. Those are these hard stick thingies inside your arms and legs. Rhini's gonna fix his bones so's that he can be okay. Hey, I want to get something for Enki to make him feel better. What do you think he might like?

Anonymous

"I don't know," Marduk watched a sparkle flying around his head. "I think he might like something fun, like a big rubber ball on a dinosaur's head. Then he could throw the dinosaur off a building and it would bounce when it hit the ground. I think that would be fun to watch. Or maybe," Marduk leaned over to look in Nova's eyes. "Maybe we could get him a cloud pony, I have a cloud pony, it's fun to ride."

Enki's upper lip pulled back a bit and his arms quivered, his eyes still running back and forth rapidly under his eyelids.

Anonymous

Nova grabbed her chin in her hand and started thinking. Or at least trying; it took a few attempts before her brain got used to it. Her eyes lit up shortly afterwards.

Nova: I know! We'll get him something sweet! Everybody like sweets! Sweets are the bestest things ever!

Meanwhile, Rhini continued to chant silently over Enki, opening one eye every now and then to check on him. She noticed his eyes moving around a lot under his eyelids, so she placed two fingers on his chest firmly enough to keep him from getting up if he came to.

Anonymous

"Really?" Marduk leapt off Nova's head and began flying circles around her out of pure excitement. "Can we get some for us too? We can all share them! I think I'll name mine Mixxy! What are you going to name your sweets?"

When Rhini put her fingers on Enki's chest his eyes snapped open and he made a whimpering sound. His eyes were widely dilated, the colour barely visable.

Anonymous

Nova: Aww, I don't wanna name my sweets. I'd feel bad eating something with a name. But of course we can get some for ourselves. We'd be crazy not to. Enki wouldn't mind.

Nova spotted a bakery/sweet shop and sqealed. She grabbed Marduk and ran for the shop.

Meanwhile, back at the house, Rhini gently but firmly put her hand over Enki's mouth. She didn't want him to distract her by talking, but she made sure she didn't cover up his nose. She felt a familiar tingle in her fingers and Derrick, who was watching from across the room saw a faint white light pulse from Rhini's hand to Enki's wound. The bones hadn't been broken severely; just in one spot, so they came together fairly easily and started to patch together, though it was rather slowly. Rhini stayed patient as always, though, and kept on mumbling and concentrating.

Anonymous

Marduk giggled when Nova plucked it out of the air and dashed to the sweet shop. They were going to get some sweets for Poppy, and for themselves - Yay!

Enki's eyes widened when Rhini put a hand over his mouth. He clenched his teeth and turned his head toward the cushions on the couch, burying his face in them. His breathing got deeper and he shut his eyes tight.

Then his shoulder starting warming up. Enki opened his eyes, which weren't dilated anymore, and looked up at Rhini. His breathing evened out, but he looked more than a bit disorientated.

Anonymous

Inside the sweet shop, there was shelves upon shelves of delectable sweets. Cookies, cakes, pies, tarts, donuts, and... Nova's eyes scanned the shelves looking for something in particular. She squealed again when she saw them, dashing to the shelf they rested on.

Nova: Eeeee!! Eclairs!!

Back at the house, Rhini opens an eye to look at Enki. She winks at him, but continues her work. Blood vessels mend together next, these quite a bit faster; one, because they're smaller, and two, because it works faster once she gets going. The puncture begins to close up, and some of the blood in the area seeps back in the wound.

Anonymous

Eh? The last thing Enki remembered was Nova flying off and he didn't get to figure out where she was going because he was having another attack. This one wasn't as bad as some of the others though, and spiraled away rather quickly once the woman... whoever she was started channeling magic into his arm.

Oh shit! Tasarin! If he was there then what happened to her? Was she here too? Was she still back in the forest?

Enki tried to get up, moving his head from side to side to free it from the woman's hand.

Marduk shimmied out of Nova's hand after she ran into the sweet shop and immediately flew up to a shelf that held a cake that was taller than it was. Was this a sweet thing? It was big enough to be a friend! Marduk was about to start talking to the cake when it heard Nova squeal.

Marduk had to know what interesting thing would make her squeal like that, so it left its potential friend and fluttered back to Nova's shoulder. "Is that a sweet?" Marduk asked, pointing to the eclairs.

Anonymous

Derrick: Don't move!

Rhini's concentration faltered for a moment at the disruption.

Rhini: Please cease your moving.

She tried to concentrate again, but it wasn't working too well. She had done most of the major repairs, it was just the skin that had to be patched up.

Rhini: Derrick, you want to take it from here?

Derrick's eyes widened. He'd never practiced on a person before. Just bunnies and birds and the like.

Rhini: All that's left is the flesh wound. No broken bones or anything.

Derrick walked over to Enki and Rhini stepped aside, letting go of Enki at the very last moment, so Derrick could hold him down without interval. He closed his eyes and started concentrating. Rhini leaned over and whispered to in Enki's ear.

Rhini *to Enki*: Your girlfriend brought you in for us to heal you. I am a skilled cleric and I can assure you there is nothing to worry about.

Back at the sweet shop, Nova was quite enthusiastic.

Nova: It is the king of the sweets! Eclairs are the best damn things in the whole universe. Okay, well, second best, but first best to most peoples. Eclairs are the best food there is!

Anonymous

What the hell where these two on about? Don't move, he had to move if he was going to get that hand off his mouth! He had to know why he was here. If Tasarin was here. If Nova and Marduk where here. Being alone and, yipe topless, with these two strange people was a bit unnerving.

Take it from here? Take what from here?? What were they doing to him? His breathing began to deepen again. This was so much worse than an attack. Argh how could he even compare those stupid visions with something happening right here, right now! All he wanted to know was that he wasn't here alone.

No broken bones? Flesh wound? These people must have been healers. That magic must have been a healing spell then. Knowing who these people were calmed him down a little. He still wanted to know where the others were.

Then the older cleric leaned over and began whispering in his ear, and all that energy he was using to panic immediately funneled into estatic joy. "Where is she?" They never told him to be quiet, just to stay still. Talking made his collar sting a bit, but he ignored it. "I need to talk to her, please bring her here!"

Wait a minute... Girlfriend??

Marduk stared in awe at the eclairs when Nova dubbed them the King of Sweets. "I've never met a king before," it said excitedly. "What's better than the king of sweets?"