Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Accident of Fate (Lion)

Started by Anonymous, May 26, 2010, 02:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Liadan didn't know wither to laugh or hug the poor man. She was still angry about the whole abduction thing, but he just seemed so upset by the whole thing. It was really kind of cute. She couldn't keep herself from smiling and she hurried to keep pace with him, wrapping her arms around one of his, "But of course I have to mention it again. It's such a wonderful story!"

Well, he didn't seem so bad like this, rather sweet honestly and it did help a little to sooth her angry at being dragged off. She still wasn't thrilled about it, but it was much better than when he was....that other one. The dark, frightening one. That one she didn't like.

"Well fearless leader. You have me, you have the gem, what do you plan on doing with us?" She didn't really fully understand what he wanted to do with the necklace or what exactly he thought it was going to do for him, but she was apparently along for the ride.

Lion

"It's not a wonderful story!  It's not!  It was...strange and unfair...  But oh!  Just forget it.  Please!  Or I'll tear your wings off myself.  I mean it woman."  He didn't really and was hardly envious of something she had but was completely useless.  He did kind of want to slap her though, which would be too far of a possibility considering the fact that he had just helped her.  What would be the true purpose of that?  He hardly thought it would shut her up.

"I don't know...wait.  You're a fortune teller, that means you must have some kind of mystical power right?  Can you tell me what's so special about the necklace?"  Haelo looked at her pleadingly, needing at least some place to start their search.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Laughing, Liadan squeezed his arm, "Oh please. That is a wonderful story. You are so bashful! And you sold yourself for my healing. That's sweet. But I promise I'll stop teasing you about it....for now anyway."

She wasn't planning on forgetting that moment any time soon. He didn't seem really that hurt by it, just confused and flustered. If she thought to woman's actions had honestly hurt the blond, Liadan was fully prepared to give the woman a piece of her mind, language barrier or no. But she didn't think it was time for that yet.

His question to her brought a blush to her cheeks and an end to her amusement, "Ah, well, about that. I really don't so much have fortune telling powers as...um...good guesses. I can't really see the future. And as far as mystical powers go, I can do a few small tricks, cleanse things, light a small fire, keep warm, that kind of thing. But nothing that would tell us anything about that necklace. Sorry."

Lion

Haelo refused to say anymore on the subject.  Both in the fear that she would just keep talking about it and also in his continued thought of it.  So he tucked away that little 'incident' in the 'indecent' corner of his mind where he put all the other things away that he didn't want to think about.  He just kept muttering to himself like the madman that he was but wouldn't admit to himself of it, and waited for her answer to the mores important pivotal question all afternoon.

"..."

After a time, "..." was all he could say.  Silence got hold of his tongue, effectively slicing it off before the notion came to him that it had been a good thirty seconds.  A painfully long thirty seconds.  "WHAT!?" he said at last.  "You lied to me!  You're...a...a ....a lying LIAR!  How could you?  What do you mean other abilities?  Those are completely useless.  If that necklace didn't burn the hell out of me, you would be useless too!  You tried to trick me, didn't you?  Oh, come on, we've got to find some other person that can read auras or something like that.  And, by the gods, if you don't help me, it's you whose body I'll be selling!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Guilt filled Liadan as Haelo stared silently at her. She hadn't meant to lie to him, not about something important and she hadn't realized that was why he had wanted her help. She fidgeted, cheeks flushing, about ready to break the silence when he started yelling at her. Then defensive anger reared it's head and she straightened her spine, outraged, "What did you expect at a circus?! I never told you I would be able to do anything about this necklace! You are the one that dragged me off without asking! If you had told me you needed a seer, I would have told you I wasn't one!"

Her cheeks were even darker now and she tried to ignore the guilt swirling in her belly, "And I am not useless, thank you very much."

Lion

"Sweet gypsies!" Haelo exclaimed, clearly exasperated and no longer caring that he'd been lied to just now.  "How many times do I have to tell you that I didn't have a choice?  And I needed you to hold the necklace for me.  If I could do it myself, believe me that you would be back to that sand heap you call home.  I bet they're not even out looking for you, Liadan.  They probably said, 'Good riddance.  We can find a million more pretend seers just like her if we pay 'em enough.'  That's who you are to them, woman."

"You're more useless now than you were five minutes ago, you're welcome!  But I swear that if you ever lie to me about something this important again, I will not protect you from Maelzedek.  He'll do whatever he wants to you, whether its rape you or torture you to death.  And I won't care either.  Understand!?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Liadan's eyes narrowed and she stopped walking, face dark with rage, "How. Dare. You. You have no right to say that to me, you have no right to judge me! You weak, demon infested little toad. Yes, I am no seer and I make money telling people what they want to hear. But that does not make me less than you!"

She was furious, her entire body, even her bright wings, were shaking with anger, "You can take that necklace, shove it up your ass and I hope it burns the entire way!"

Lion

"It has nothing to do with worth, you insolent sow," he snapped.  "But everything to do with finding something meaningful to do with your life.  What is your meaning?  I am weak, demon-infested even.  These things I can accept without resentment because its the first step toward becoming something stronger.  What about you--"  His eyes became narrow and Maelzedek grinned.

His hand came up quickly, clasping around her neck.  "Why don't I shove it up your ass!?  I bet you'll love how that feels, you whore."  Maelzedek sniffed her, breathing in the sand and dust and shot out a snake-like tongue that lathered across her face.  It certainly wasn't Haelo's tongue.  "Its so amusing, how you little ants think your so powerful with your little spells, and little incantations, and little itty bitty back talk that tries to make you seem tougher than you really are.  But in the end, your flesh tears like dry leaves, and your screams are music to my ears.  You make me deliciously sick, like that weak, two-faced pussy that swore to 'protect' you from me."

Maelzedek leaned in close to her ear.  "I'm going to let you in on a little secret: He can't protect you from anything.  If he couldn't even guard his own soul, what chance do you have, you impotent little meat bag?  Now why don't you be a smart girl and take care of that necklace.  And when I get out of this body, you'll be mine."  His hand was no longer of the beautiful skin of the blond angel but was blackened with scales and claws that dug into Liadan's neck until they drew blood with their sharpness.

Haelo fought for control within and the struggle became evident on the demon's visage.  he became panic stricken and forced to let go of his grip on her neck.  Instead his hands went to his own neck trying to fight against the internal strangulation evident on a face that was belligerent for breath.  Haelo took several steps back before falling to the ground and removing his hands away and the skin returning to normal.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Anger burned in Liadan, ready to lash out at Haelo again when he suddenly changed. Stepping back, icy fear washed over the seer, her heart pounding in her chest. The tongue across her cheek caused her to shudder, her body going still, like the rabbit that froze in the hopes the predator might not see it.

Stupid! Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid! She had gotten careless around Haelo, believing that he was going to protect her from the monster inside himself.

Liadan winced when his arm closed around her neck, the sharp points of his nails breaking her skin. She kept her eyes locked on his, struggling to not tremble. If he liked her fear so damn much, she was not going to show it to him.

She started to give some hopefully witty and brave sounding comeback when suddenly everything shifted. Haelo seemed to be fighting himself and Liadan reached out, hesitating near him, unable to bring herself to touch him, "Haelo?! Are you okay? How can I help?" She did not want the demon winning this fight.