Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Heat of the Moment (Done, Closed!)

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2010, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was just another day in Essyrn for most people. To go about their day in the city built around the oasis. It was a fairly spectacular city to have been built up and stayed successful despite all the problems that living in the desert accomplished. Now people flocked to the city, and for good reasons as well. After all, people needed a haven from the desert sun, the bitings winds, and the stinging sands. This was the place to be, this was the absolute place to live for most humans in the desert. It was one of those safe places for those who couldn't survive in such an inhospitable place.

Yes...inhospitable. That is what the humans thought the desert was.

There were tribes however who lived quite happily, travelling from place to place, or even finding another small oasis and setting up camp there. None would ever find a place as good as Essyrn of course, where the oasis would forever be there providing life. Some were lucky enough though, and some were able to make a good life for themselves. Like the Vin 'El tribe was a good example of that. Now one of them was sent into the great city of Essyrn for trade.

He willingly did so of course, because he absolutely loved visiting Essyrn. There was more water here than he could ever imagine (Though, he had heard of the ocean and it's vast quantities of undrinkable water.) and there were more things to do here than he could shake a stick at. The only thing that soured his demeanour was the face that he had a friend along with him, another member of the Vin 'El tribe.

The trade caravan was five camels in total, with canvas sacks and bags on each one of them. They were all tied together by special reigns to make them follow the lead camel, which had one member of the Vin 'El tribe on it, while the rear was brought up with another Vin 'El on the rear camel. One seemed to be in good spirits, while the other was anything but. Both of them had dark almost caramel coloured skin, though the man at the front of the group had light brown hair, while the one at the back at dull black hair, with a long braid coming from the middle of the back of his head. It was tied up with thin golden chains, like they were strings to keep his hair into a braid. The brown haired man just had his hair in a ponytail. Both of them had long ears that shot up over their heads and curved forward like they were goats of some kind.

However, they were far from being ungulates.

The man at the rear had triangle pupils and orange eyes, which stared at the back of his camel's head, muttering something to himself in a strange language. "Vistin all'igor grin'tak dor." The man muttered to himself as he kept his gaze where it was. He was ALWAYS the one who got to go into town, he didn't NEED to have another person come with him. So it took him an extra day to leave the city, big deal! They never needed him back right away anyway! He was doing reconnaissance work, finding out if the people knew anything, or if they found anything interesting in their travels. Yes. That was exactly it.

It wasn't that he liked to watch the locals, or smell the exotic smells of the tavern, or even flirt with a few of the girls, despite knowing that he could never do a whole lot with them. They were all so beautiful, but none of them were really...bonding worthy.

"Gaivit Den Capric, Vist Alvain!" His companion called to him over his shoulder and he looked up, glaring sand encrusted daggers at him. Cheer up. Yeah, he could cheer up. The moment they got into the merchant square he was going to ditch his friend and do what he usually did. Drink milk and water in a tavern, laughing it up with the locals. He adjusted the light airy sand coloured shirt he wore, carefully adjusting the little ties at the front to ensure that people could see his torso better. He wasn't heavily muscled, well, he wasn't...really muscled at all, but he did look good. Athletic, that's what someone had called him once, and it was true. He looked fast after all. He thought himself handsome, devilishly handsome.

And not many could deny it!

As they finally got into the market square, both of them hopped off their camels and met in the middle. "Gevi Del Int-" The first one began to speak but the second one cut him off quickly. "No, we speak trader's tongue now. People think us talk about them in our tongues, and insult them." It was apparent he wasn't too well versed in the trader's tongue, at least...not as good as he believed. "But my hate speaking tongue. So many oddness, hard to say. We need speak our language, Capric." The second one complained. "Don't worry, I speak it nice, and make try, they will be happy at least." Capric explained to his friend who nodded. With that, the two of them split up, Capric taking three of the camels, while his friend took two of them. Capric put in orders quickly, sold his merchandise quickly, tied his camels to a post and quickly ducked into a tavern.

"Capric! You sand covered cur!" The bartender called to him, and he quickly grinned and rushed over to the man. He set up a glass of cold milk for Capric, who took it and quickly drank from it. "Ahh...many gratefuls to you my friend...it has been tall day." Capric told him as he settled onto a bar stool and stretched. "Well, take a load off my friend and enjoy." With that the bartender wandered off to serve his patrons, while Capric sipped the glass of milk and looked at the well lit tavern. Hopefully there was a nice woman around to take his mind off his bad mood.

Anonymous

She couldn't recall how she actually got to Essyrn. Being blind and travelling was always a bit of an experience, everything was new, even if she'd been there before. Varali wasn't the best with traveling, or return trips. So far, she'd been able to stay with a kind couple who felt sorry for her after finding out she was blind. She made them teas and salves for their aching joints and they decided she could stay as long as she liked.

It was about sixty steps away from the noisy door.

The one she was about to go into.

While Varali wasn't sadistic she rather liked when people had aching joints or headaches, because then she could see them. It was a selfish want. It wasn't like she made a habit out of smacking people, it was just easier to avoid their limbs if they had one that hurt. Even tiny twinges let her 'see'.

Puffing out her cheeks, the door was pushed open and she slid in. As usual, Varali had her bag over her shoulder, her hair in it's ponytail. The light brown mess of hair fell to her waist in waves and she took careful steps, listening to voices, the noises of glasses and chatting was loud. A few people had aching joints from a hard days work and she bumped into a few things, not too hard to be noticed.

Then there was someone's back in her face and she stumbled backwards. "Goodness me!" she moved a hand to her face and reached out, touching the shoulder, moving down the arm before she touched the bar counter, feeling for a chair, which she leaned against. "I'm terribly sorry..." Adalia frowned for a moment and then smiled, "Sir." she was pretty sure it was a Sir. Smelled like one.

"I didn't mean to bump into you, I'm afraid I didn't see you!" She smiled again before taking the seat beside him, getting a glass of water. She stared down at the counter, or at least it looked like she stared down at the counter. "Do you want small talk or an apology?"

Anonymous

((From now on, italics are for his language xD))

He had lost his 'friend,' he had done his duty to his people, and now he was having a nice cool glass of milk! Things were looking up, despite how his people had sent some sort of...ugh...babysitter with him. While in the terms of his people, he was a young man, he certainly didn't need anyone to watch over him. How couldn't they trust him? He followed all their little rules and traditions, he did all they asked of him, well...almost all they asked him. Like he ignored 'come home right after' because he didn't want to. He wanted to stay after all, he didn't want to follow anything silly like that.

He was just about to take another sip of milk before something ran into his back. He jumped slightly, spilling milk onto the counter top. He scowled slightly as he looked at the spilt milk. He barely felt the person touching his shoulder and his arm, but he swung to his side to look at the person who did it.

And gawked openly.

For a man who spent his life in the desert and saw mostly people with darker coloured skin...to see a woman like this was a rare sight. Her skin was so...soft and white looking...and her eyes were...so sweetly coloured. They were a light lavender colour! She looked so....she stuck out like a white flower in a sea of darkness. And she was speaking to him! He blinked as he tried to think of anything to say. "You are so...beautiful." Capric spoke, then coughed quickly. Oh he spoke in his language, he was actually thankful for that. "I mean...I would like...two. If it keeps you speaking to me." He told her with a large grin. He had to be smooth, as smooth as he could possibly be.

He was a Vin 'El after all.

Anonymous

Ha! It was a man! A moment of 'yay, I'm right' and she turned her head towards him slightly, eyes still downcast at the table. It was the most comfortable position to hold her gaze, seeing as how looking around wildly would be just odd.

Varali leaned in, slightly confused when she spoke a strange langauge. "That was a pretty language." She said, offering a smile, tilting her head to the side then chuckling lightly when he spoke common again. "I can keep speaking to you if that's what you like." She smiled again and placed her hands flat on the counter top, shifting in her seat.

She could hear his smile through his broken words, that lilt that they had when people had their mouths pulled open at the sites. Varali touched enough faces, see enough grimaces to understand what the basic humanoid face looked like. The language though. Hmm. "Where are you from? I don't think I've ever heard that language before." a small frown, but she quickly smiled again, her expression before she pursed her lips and stuck out her tongue.

Oh, of course.

"My name is Varali, by the way. I'm from Serendipity, originally." It was best to do introductions first, she found. Made people always a little less awkward about their own names and locations.

Anonymous

A chance of fate, an encounter like no other, smitten on first contact. She didn't feel the same, but Capric didn't care. He was already thinking of a plan.

"That is what I want." Capric said quickly, not wanting to mess up the trader's tongue anymore. He knew he wasn't the best at it, but he thought he was quite good at it. There were some words that he got wrong, but what could they expect? He spoke Vin 'El mostly, he was used to speaking his own language.

Capric opened his mouth to answer her question about his language but quickly shut it as she began to speak again. He didn't expect her to give her name right away, but here she was, telling him everything about her. From Serendipity. He heard of that place, a great land far away from here. Perfect. It meant that if she did happen to be...kidnapped, it would take a long while for someone to find her. Maybe no one even would come! He could only be so lucky. To meet an angel, of such great beauty, and to have her as his own. The others would be so jealous. They all had to bond with other Vin 'El, boring old caramel coloured Vin 'El, or whatever tribe they might have made an arrangement with.

"My people call me Capric, I am Vin 'El. The tongue I spoke was Vin 'El, of my people." He managed to get through that rather well! He was actually proud of himself, it didn't sound like he made any mistake. Then again, a lot of that was something he had said...many...MANY times before. Especially the part about being Vin 'El. "I do not talk Vin 'El in the city, many people like only hearing Trader's Tongue. So I try to speak your tongue so that people will like me."

Anonymous

She chuckled. He sounded nice. Wasn't sure if he looked like he sounded, but she could care less about something like that. If she had one redeeming quality it was that she was far from shallow. After she yammered on, Varali quietly sat, her hands on the counter and her head turned toward him, her eyes still downcast. It would be awkward to stare at someone she couldn't see, even if she'd been told she has lovely eyes.

Varali always figured she looked a bit dull, with her blank gaze. "Capric." she repeated, hoping she pronounced it correctly. Because she had no sight, the concept of languages interested her. She tried to learn all the old Serenian she could, it was hard to find a teacher. Most of them only taught how to read it, and that would have been rather useless. Got to learn a few words, if she met anyone who spoke it she'd have been able to hold a very basic conversation and ask for the nearest library, since she forgot the word bathroom.

"I like it!"She said quickly, moving a hand waywardly and upwards, smacking one of his ears. Well, she hadn't been expecting that. "I'm so sorry! I didn't see it." Obviously. She tried to smile at her own joke but it just turned into a faulty look, she turned her eyes towards where she suspected him to be. She was off by a few inches, but she smiled apologetically anyway. "I like your language. Vin 'El?" She pursed her lips and smiled again, "Where are you from? The desert, I assume? Are you ...human?Ish?" No human had ears like that! Varali knew that much.

Anonymous

He still had no idea she was blind. He wouldn't even care probably. She was beautiful, she was so different from other Vin 'El women, she could be a zombie for all he cared. Er. Well. Maybe not a zombie. That's where he drew the line.

More than likely.

"Yes, Capric." He nodded excitedly. She had gotten it quite correct, though it wasn't a particularly difficult name to pronounce. The full name of Vin 'El was quite difficult to pronounce, but only members of the Vin 'El tribe were allowed to pronounce it. Outsiders were not told it, and were not allowed to speak it if they heard it. It was one of those culture things.

"Many gratefuls that y-ayie!" He almost stumbled off his chair when she smacked his ear. The pain wasn't excruciating, but it was rather painful as it shot through his ear and he let out a small whimper. The ears of a Vin 'El, of all his people, were a little bit sensitive considering how well they helped with hearing, and with balance. "W-what? I am sitting...you..." He blinked several times as he lifted a hand and waved it near her face, noticing her eyes didn't follow it. She...was blind. So she couldn't see? His absent hand rubbed his ear carefully, shaking his head. It kinda stung still. "I thought you could vision like me...but I look now that you see darkness...I appear as some humans...though I ears are much longer...also I own odd looking eyes, compared to humans...though, your eyes appear much greater beautiful than any human eyes." He was trying his best still to be smooth, but his ear at least wasn't hurting as much. He hoped that she wasn't too...put off by him.

Anonymous

A blush. She felt the air by her face when he waved his hand and she turned her face away. The glow from his hurt ear turned her gaze though and she reached out, making a face. "I'm so sorry. I hurt you." Her finger moved to it gently, rubbing up and down until the glow disappeared and she replaced her hand on her lap. Smiling again.

"Yes. It's called 'blind.'" Supplying Capric with the word for seeing darkness. He didn't seem like a dummy, didn't seem slow or anything. Obviously he was good with languages if he was comfortable enough to chat with a complete stranger. "I'm sure you have lovely eyes Capric." Varali nodded and then turned her sightless gaze downwards, tempted to pinch at her hand for something to 'look' at.

She laughed when he commented on her eyes living them and turning them in his general direction. A soft lavender, easily mistaken for a strange shade of blue, but close enough and they were surely lavender. "Thank you. I'm told I have nice eyes quite often." Varali put a hand to her mouth and pressed against her lips with her fingertips, "Seems a bit like a cruel joke, in all honesty."

Varali's curiosity got the better of her and her hand slowly reached forward to where abouts she remembered his ear being, her fingers touched it gently before she poked at the tip. "Why do you have such long ears? To help you cool off? Or can you hear better? Like a rabbit, maybe?" She smiled and kept poking and stroking his ear. It was completely fascinating!

Anonymous

The soft gentle caress...it was like a cloud kissing his skin. He almost let out a purr as she touched them. She seemed to know where it was, but he wasn't going to complain! He was going to enjoy it. For a Vin 'El, the feeling of someone touching your ears was...simply divine, though perhaps a little erotic. With how sensitive some could be, it was small wonder how they managed to ritualistically pierce their ears. Capric had done it, and survived the pain of having holes poked in his ears.

Now he was quite sure that the pain he had endured from the piercing was being made up for. He almost whimpered when she stopped touching them. Oh how grand that felt. "Such a delicate touch..." He breathed quietly, lapsing back into his own tongue for a moment.

"Blind...yes, that is it." His people of course called it...seeing darkness, but the others had a word for it of course. Blind. Sounded simple enough! He of course would have complimented her and said she had better eyes, but there was no time for that now. He complimented them in his own way after that. "If you can not delight them, at least others can." Capric told her simply, smiling a goofy smile all the while. At least she couldn't see what he was doing then! Still, she didn't get to see him..that was no fun.

He was completely unprepared for her as she reached out and starting touching his ear again. His eyes closed quickly and he had to put a hand over his mouth to stop a moan from escaping. She had never met one of his people before, that was obvious, but she was really good at this. Really...really good. "Yes..." He said at last, his face flushing and his breath becoming a little shallow. The feeling was incredible! Much better than when he did it by himself. "I can...hear good...yes." He told her simply. "Very good for desert life...can hear scorpion walking across sand sometimes." Right now he could hear VERY well. She was stimulating blood flow to his ears, and his eyes were closed, allowing him to focus on...the sounds.

He was sure he could almost hear her heart beating from here. He was very glad that he had decided to come into this tavern. Oh yes...very glad.

Anonymous

His manner of speech was adorable. Varali smiled, a wide grin. The language he spoke was interesting to her ears and she leaned in, tilting her head to the side and then she brightened up. "A scorpion on Sand? Really?" Varali had no idea what a scorpion was, or what kind of noise she made, but she supposed it was supposed to be an amazing feat, so she treated it like one.

If he was proud he could hear a scorpion walking across the sand, then she was proud of him too.

Another gentle flick at his ear - they were so very interesting compared to her rather round flat ears - and she jerked back and turned her head. Someone had mentioned the time and she gasped and sat back."Oh, dear me." a purse of her lips and she shimmied off the chair, placing a hand on Capric's shoulder once she removed herself.

"It's late! I should head home, I'd say it's because the dark bothers me but that would be a lie and we both know it." Her hand moved down his shoulder to his hand to take one of his in both of her own hands. "It was lovely meeting you, I do hope we can meet again." A smile and she meandered her way out the door, pushing it open and drifting off to the side.

Counting her steps. It was a slow pace, easily followed.

Anonymous

Oh it was as if he had died and gone onto the ancestral lands. And instead of going to his ancestral lands of the Vin 'El, he had wound up somewhere else and was doted and fawned upon by all the females. After all, you were supposed to be in your prime when you appeared in the ancestral lands so...ahem.

However, he was not dead, he was very much alive...and so very grateful for that too.

"On sand...even hear a beetle under...under...the sand." It was getting difficult to really say anything, he didn't want to get lost in all the grand feelings but...she was really good at massaging his ears. It was like a dream come true for the young Vin 'El. He gave a slight start when she stopped touching his ears, a wave of sadness rolling through him. He felt so...empty now. Something was wrong, despite her touching his shoulder.

"I...was nice to greet you too..." Capric was almost at a complete loss really, he just let her shake his hands and then...walk off into the outside. He quickly took up the glass of milk, which had become a little warm, downed it all, and quickly ran out after her. He had to have her. He had to make her his. She had just...done so much to him in such a little time, she couldn't just be allowed to run off like that! He had to be very careful though. He opened the door, only to run into his friend. No! "Capric! There you are. I was looking all over for you. His friend said to him as he patted him on the shoulder. "Gemin! Did you see a girl, a...a really...white girl walk out?" Capric asked his friend hurriedly. Gemin nodded and gestured in one direction. "She went that way. Why?" The confused Vin 'El asked. "You have...to help me. Kidnap her. She...is a beauty unlike any other...and she is soft...and she massaged my ears Gemin...like a flower might, or a gentle wind..." Capric explained in hush whispers, though no one could understand him anyway.

Both of them were rash and young, and Gemin of course...was slightly intrigued. After all, he said she had massaged his ears. "Do you have a plan?" Gemin finally said with a sigh. "We grab her...and...I don't know...gag her...then sneak her out of the city. You can distract the guards at the entrance as we get there...then we go back to the Vin 'El village." It could work, Capric didn't want to think of a plan too complex...this had to work. "I'll bring the camels then...maybe...I have some of those leaves...the ones that make you sleep...if you make her breathe them deeply she could probably fall asleep." Things were looking up for Capric. While he wouldn't share the lovely Varali with Gemin, he could make him think he would...if only for his help. While Gemin got the camels, Capric took the cloth full of leaves and headed after Varali. It wasn't hard to find her, she stuck out a little bit.

There she was...his beauty...now how to approach her. There weren't a lot of people out after all so...he just had to wait till the right moment.

Anonymous

Varali knew exactly how many steps she had to take before she turned left and crossed the street, but the sounds behind her made her walk a little faster, which made her steps a little shorter, which put her off when she went to cross the street. There wasn't a door like there was supposed to, there was an alley.

It wasn't a bad thing, Varali wasn't scared out of her wits. If she didn't survive what was coming to her then she'd be dead. As a healer she'd seen people die, rather, she'd heard the last rattling breath they could give before a simple sigh. No more pain. Now though, Varali's fingers trailed across the wall, her breath was quiet and shallow and her head was turned to the side. There would be no use fighting, she was blind, she'd hurt herself more.

She'd wait and live with it.

Anonymous

She was walking faster now.

He must have spooked her, Capric hadn't meant to...and he only now remembered that he could be invisible! He could be invisible, or he could be silent! Why hadn't he thought of that! He almost slapped himself at that thought, but with the bag in his hands, he might put himself to sleep by accident. He took a deep breath however and created that invisible bubble around himself. It blocked all sound from leaving, so he would walk with a silent footstep. "My Gods, you of the desert, make my footsteps silent to those who would hear me." His voice was just a whisper, and soon to anyone listening, it was silent, despite his lips still moving. With his bubble of silence around him, he headed after her once more.

She had gone down an alley way...and he carefully peeked around it. She may have been blind, but she might have had a nasty surprise waiting for him. However, she was just...there...as if she were waiting for him. She probably didn't know it was him but...he quickly approached her, his footsteps so quiet as he approached her. Then he struck quickly! One hand around her waist, the other pressing the cloth filled with herbs against her mouth.

He had a good plan too for how to get out...he'd just have to wait for Gemin to catch up.

Anonymous

The hand around her waist was more of a surprise than the sudden feel of weightlessness and warmth that washed over her. It was nice. While Varali could never remember having sight, she did have it at one point, and her brain must have remembered what things looked like, because she regularly dreamed of blue skies and green trees. It was a nice place to be.

A content hum and Varali snuggled closer to whatever was beside her while she dreamed, a content smile on her face. There was no fear, no pain. Just blue skies and green trees. Extra long eared rabbits, which reminded her of her earlier friend capric, and everything smelled like those funny herbs she got to sniff before she fell asleep.

Anonymous

He hadn't wanted to do this...but he...he had to. This was good. She had been so kind to him...and she was so beautiful. She would be perfect, if he managed to keep her around. He could do that...it would be easy. Yeah! He was Capric, he could do anything he wanted! At least she wasn't heavy. He put the cloth away into a pocket and took a deep breath of air. Okay, he had to get her out...Gemin would be getting there soon too. "For those who look at me, you are now blind, those would see me, look through me." That silent bubble of his would change now, it would become something else, something different. It was almost as if he and Varali were no longer there...but they actually were still there.

The two of them were cloaked now, covered and protected from people seeing him and his new prize. Capric held Varali close to his body as he walked out onto the streets. The few people that were there looked right through him. He smiled largely to himself. This was perfect...absolutely perfect. Finally Gemin came up with the string of camels, looking around confusedly. "Capric? Capric are you now?" Gemin asked in hushed whispers. "I am here Gemin...I used the Blind Eye power. I have her too. You will lead the camels forward...and when we get to the gate I will sneak out when the guards are busy inspecting. I will stay invisible and wait for you outside." Capric gave his plan to his friend, who nodded, impressed by the quick thinking of the other Vin 'El. That wasn't too bad now was it? It was actually rather genius.

So the two Vin 'El and the young blind girl set off toward the front gate. Every so often, Capric would place the cloth to Varali's mouth and nose, getting her to breathe deep. He didn't want her waking up too soon. Once they got to the gate, the plan was in action. Of course, Capric couldn't walk too fast, or the distortion that came with the bubble moving would be seen by the guards and they would get suspicious. However, the guards were doing their jobs and were thoroughly inspecting the small convoy. Capric just moved slowly, taking his time...and when he was finally outside of the city, he continued on past the guards that were stationed outside. Once more, it was all about moving slowly and carefully.

Not that it mattered, it was getting to be kind of dark, and the guards would think it was simply the torch light playing tricks on them. It took a while for Gemin to make it outside, a good twenty minutes...but they were finally out. Capric had just been putting the cloth of herbs to Varali's nose and mouth when Gemin came up. Capric released the spell that held the two of them invisible, Gemin pulling up beside them. "Have you thought about what will happen when you get to the tribe? What will they think of you abducting some woman?" Gemin asked as he held get the light skinned woman onto a saddle. Capric sat behind her to keep her from falling off the camel. It was a bit of a tight fit but it worked in the end. "No, I...will deal with that when we get there...just drive the camels." Capric shot back to his friend, who nodded and smirked. He was going to be in so much trouble.

It took time, the moon was above them when they pulled into the Vin 'El village. It had moved many times in the past, and was now around an oasis that was semi permanent in their belief. The village had huts made of animal stick and sticks for the most part, with a large wooden fence around the perimeter. There were other Vin 'El out and about, but it seemed largely...empty for its size. A sentry came up to them to inquire. "Who is the woman?" The confused Vin 'El with green eyes asked. "She is mine. Are the elders around? Capric asked in return, his answers short and curt. "No, they are holding a conference with another tribe for trade. They'll be back in a week or so. The Elders put our Spirit Givers in charge for that. Though, most are out hunting right now." Capric breathed a sigh of relief. So he had some good luck didn't he? Capric nodded to the sentry and got off the camel, getting Varali off as well. She would start stirring soon. He took her to his hut, and laid her out on a thin pelt that he slept on. There was nothing better than sleeping on sand in his opinion, but covering it with an animal skin kept it from getting everywhere.

He sat down upon the sand, a little ways away from Varali...waiting for her to awake. How would he play this? How would he act? He just had to be strong and dominant, make her believe that she was his now. He didn't know what he'd really do but...he was committed to this now. He had to be. For the sake of her great beauty, and for her amazing ear massaging abilities.

Anonymous

She was flying. A delighted sigh as she curled closer to a source of warmth, Varali wasn't a very fearful girl so her dreams stayed as green trees and blue skies. A random face, the same funny bunny. There was notion in her dream of being kidnapped or moving, and it wasn't until she opened her eyes and felt that she was laying down on something strange that she even realised she wasn't standing in the alley anymore.

Rolling over she pressed hands to the ground and sat up, kneeling. Head tilted to the side, there was breathing and the scent. Varali took a few deep breaths and then tilted her head to the side, clasping her hands together on her lap, lips pursed. "Capric?" She frowned then and crossed her arms over her chest, pretty sure about who it was. "I know it's you. You smell the same. Where am I and what am I doing here."

Varali didn't really have a problem with it, she was quite the adventurer for a blind girl that could only see pain, but not knowing where she was didn't sleep with her right and she didn't like it!

Anonymous

Finally, his pristine angel was awaking! Sure she had no wings or a halo, but she was still an angel! Of course, his people didn't really believe in angels, but he had heard them described before...so pure and so...white? The wings would probably get in the way so he really didn't mind her not having them.

He just smiled as he watched her carefully, wondering what her next move might be. Personally, he'd freak out and start growling and trying to attack people. However...she was not. She just...sat up, hands together....and then...she said his name. Capric froze, nervous as he thought about what to say. Should he say anything? Yeah, he probably should...but he wasn't sure what.

"You are around my tent. Well, our tent now. After us encounter in tavern...I wanted to us to be one. You were one who really contacted my ear, made it experience so good..." He told her, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to go through with this. His spirit givers, and the elders would be pissed...but hopefully by the time they all got back, she'd actually like him! "You are extraordinary beauty, and you were so pleasant to me and I ear...so...I created you into my eternal one. By Vin 'El traditions, we are now...mates." It was a load of crap really. His people didn't do that at all. Both had to be willing participants, and conscious for the ceremony. She of course had no idea how long she was out for after all. It was all working to his advantage really.

"If you try to abandon, my people will track and...it will be very not pleasant. So please do not. I am really feeling bad for this...but I had to have you." He hoped she would in time come to understand him. He hoped before the spirit givers and the elders came back. At least he had his own tent. That was always...something.

Anonymous

Our tent?

Varali's face turned into one of shock and she blinked a few times before settling down, hearing him out. It wasn't like she could pounce on him and attack him, she'd have to find him first. His ear? Varali had... Had she proposed to him or something? His broken common confused her, she was a beauty, she understood those parts.

The heat at her cheeks from the flattery was obvious against her pale skin and she tilted her head downwards. Eternal one. Mates. Varali bit her lip and shuffled closer towards Capric, she wasn't angry or anything, but being kidnapped! She didn't have any of her things, just the herb bag she carried around, the man and woman who were housing her would be worried! First her hand touched his knee, then it moved, drifting up his chest to rest on his cheek.

A slap was heard and Varali saw the echo of pain across his cheek and she could feel her face turn into a grumpy one. "You could have told me you were going to take me home! I like adventure as much as the next.. Adventurous person... But I need my things! I have nothing to wear but this dress! No comb, no night things! No..." Varali blushed and cleared her throat, she would deal with that when it happened. "I'm sure I should be more angry about the mate thing, I've learned to take things in stride and that's one of them since I think it's all my fault. But I'm very disappointed you didn't give me any thought."

Varali huffed, stared at his face again before turning around with a stiff back and her arms crossed over her chest.

Anonymous

She even looked so amazing when blushing! His heart fluttered with happiness and glee at the very sight of it.

He stayed very still as she started to approach him. She was interesting to watch her, she was blind after all, and she finally found him, first putting her hand on his knee. He wasn't sure what he should feel, all things considered. She didn't seem like she was going to attack him though...she was so...delicate and soft when it came to touch. All he did was just smile slightly as she placed a hand upon his chest, and then on his cheek. Capric's eyes slowly closed at just the feel of her hand upon him. She had such...soft hands too. He was so amazed by her.

His eyes opened in shock however as she slapped him.

He really hadn't...expected her to do that. Well. Maybe he had. She had every right to after all. Capric however wished she hadn't. Why couldn't she just be demure and want this? Granted...not many women wanted to be kidnapped and married against their will. "I didn't...mind that you would desire this so...I had to do something." He put a hand to his cheek and rubbed it carefully, wincing. She was really good at slapping. That didn't bode well for their relationship now did it? Well, this was to be expected for a while.

"And...your objects can be gotten for you. I will provide for us, it will be...change to what you used to but...My really sorry." He reached out and gingerly placed a hand upon her shoulder, hoping she didn't react too badly and try to bite him or...break his hand or something like that. "You would not allow your absolute mate to move from your life forever would you? My couldn't have that occur."

Anonymous

Maybe she slapped too hard. Varali frowned again and ducked her head down, her hair falling into her face so she didn't have to see his glowing cheek. Squeezing her eyes shut, Varali pressed her hands between her knees and looked away. Now would be a good time to make a cheesy joke he wouldn't get because his common was... Lacking.

The hand on her shoulder made her jerk slightly, but she calmed almost instantly and sighed, taking his hand and placing it on her cheek. This wasn't exactly how she imagined finding her husband, but she was a blind wandering healer! Getting kidnapped should be flattering, right? Who doesn't want to live in a desert with people who would kill her if she ran away.

Varali too his hand between hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. Absolute mate. Well, at least she knew his name! That was better than some of the ladies she soothed while they give birth! They didn't know the fathers names, so Varali was one step ahead! Her husbands name was Capric, he had long sensitive ears and... Talked cute.

It was tempting to ask him questions that probably had long drawn out answers just to hear his broken common. Varali smiled, but quickly frowned, no, he kidnapped her! She'd stay angry for a few days at least! Clearing her throat she stayed still and then frowned, it wasn't exactly cool but it wasn't warm either, probably from her clothing. "Normally I sleep in next to nothing, and I'm not sure if it's closer to dawn or after dusk. I'll sleep in for now and tomorrow... later... you can get me suitable clothing, alright? I son't think this is good for a place with so much..." She moved her hands trying to mimic sand dunes, she hadn't seen any obviously, but she'd been over enough and asked questions to have an idea of what they'd appear as. "Sand."

Varali pursed her lips and sighed, "So, petting your ears huh? I really didn't mean to smack them."