Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bound By Destiny

Started by Anonymous, May 17, 2005, 01:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was the bright sun that caught my eye and woke me from my slumber. A slumber that I took in the lost caverns of the endless Oblivian Mountains. We were in mid hunt for the accursed Dahlekar. The plagued alchemist that nearly destroyed the population of my homeland. I didn't expect to wake up in sunlight. What happened? Where am I? I raise the upper half of my body off the ground with the assistance of my lower half, the legless snake half. The first thing that I see is a beatiful village about me that is highly unfamiliar to me. The next thing I notice is that the others are missing. This suddenly sets me on edge. Even Drakona is gone and she is what matters most to me.
I am Covallok Venat, sole survivor of the Yuan Ti Clan of Sudonia. My clan had undergone a mysterious destruction that no one could explain. Almost like the core of the village exploded outward. At least those were the rumors. I have almost no recollection of my past before I met RenDe and Syrus. My body consists of mostly blue scales. From my neck, over my chest, passed my underbelly, and to the tip of my tail is a darker blue than what most of me consists of. My back, from the tip of my tail, to the top of my head, has a yellow stripe that is very distinctive on me. I have the head of a cobra, so that is what usually sets me aside from the rest of the Yuan Ti species. Strapped to my back is my trusty Zweihander, a massive blade that has helped me through more predicaments than I could count. To my side is where I keep the Wolf Claw a godly sword that was entrusted to only one soul. The very soul that resides within me. This blade holds too much power for its own good. I rarely use it because of that. Only when it's direly needed would it come out of its sheath.
"What is the meaning of this?! Where are we?!" I call out to myself with my panicked tone. Only me and my friend know why I refer to myself as we.
That is something that not even I could explain, Covallok. The arcitecture of the buildings around us is deffinately something else. Deffinately not of Sudonia. It seems we may have stumbled into a different world of sorts. The internal voice of the soul within me speaks out to me. His explaination does seem a bit logical, but why us?
"Perhaps, Slash. Maybe it would be best to ask around." I reply to him. The only question is who can I ask questions to without scaring them off? I am a thirty foot Yuan Ti afterall.

Anonymous

A lone person walks a hill.  “Not a lot of need for a exorcist these days, demons, and sprits are laying low.”  The man is in a black rob covering all but his left arm.  A dark blue rob covers most of the black one except for the same arm and the left part of his body.  His left arm is covered by a purple piece of cloth; the only part of skin you can see is badly scared.  He has short long hair pulled back into a ponytail and then a braid on the right side of his face down to his shoulder.  His ears tell most that he is an elf but he is a half elf half human.  The monk walks up to a rock face and rests his back on the cliff side.  A few second later a voice is heard, “It sounds like a person in trouble,” He told himself.  The monk stars to run to the voice caring this staff that he used in his exorcisms.  He runs up to were he heard the voice and sees a large snake.  The monk walks up to the snake, “Hello My name is Oskar, and how can I help you.”

Anonymous

Ah, I couldn't have asked for a better time for someone to show up. Here I thought my appearance in general would be too much for this world to muster. The stranger looks as if he's prepped for a ritual of some kind. That staff looks a bit out of the ordinary as well.
"Ah, good. I thought I was completely lost for a moment there. I am Covallok Venat and I am a bit puzzled by my surrounds. Are you familiar with this area? Would this happen to be part of the world of Sudonia?" Gods... I sounded like a befuddled tourist. Hopefully he won't think that way. At least Slash chose to remain silent. Who knows what would happen if he decided to speak up?

Anonymous

Oskar looks at the snake confused, “Sudonia, what is that place.  You are in a world called Earth.”  Oskar looks at the snake more carefully, “Well, I told you were you are, but I can sense something different about you.  Your spiritual energy I different you have another inside of you.”  If you want I can get rid of the sprite for you for I’m an exorcist.  But I’m on any important quest and time I have is coming to an end.”  The monk raise his left arm, you see a slow working poison is working its way through my body and I need to find and see that the evil is destroyed.”

Anonymous

A slight breeze rippled through the exorcist's hair, carrying with it the sound of a faint, strained elven voice that seemed like it was using its last strength to call for a help that probably wouldn't come.  Dark Mage...Village... was all that was clearly audible before a gasp akin to someone being tortured was torn from the speaker, and then the voice was gone, and the breeze too.

Anonymous

Oskar looked at the huge snake, “I have to go someone needs my help.”  Oskar turns and takes a few steps away.  “Dark Mage Village, I don’t think I would be able to make it there on foot in time.”  Oskar puts two fingers into his mouth and starts to whistle.  A few seconds later a small dragon, but still bigger then a human, flies down and lands in front of Oskar.  Oskar climbs up on the dragon, “Come my friend we must get to Dark Mage Village quickly.”  In a blink of an eye the dragon takes off into the sky leaving the snake behind.

Anonymous

Earth? Not Sudonia? Oh great. This makes everything worse. Not only are we not in Sudonia, but we're lost in the middle of some world we've heard nothing of. Kinda glad that odd little fellow left though. He was going to try and remove Slash. that's the last thing I need.
What now, Covallok? Should we just explore this realm? Slash asks, a bit confused himself.
"I'm afraid that's the only option we have." I finish out loud before I begin to slither off deeper into the village.

Anonymous

Atura has been traveling for many days. She is tired - exhausted, in fact, and she stops on the outskirts of the La'marri village, and drinks her water. She stares at the sun overhead, wondering if her parents have been resurrected yet. The mere thought makes her want to start running again.

As she dwells on the things her parents would do to her if they caught up to her, her fingers start tracing over three large scars on her face, in an obvious habit. Her dark, ashy skin is marred by these scars, but she wouldn't get rid of them. In fact, she rather likes them. She drifts off into her own train of thought, when suddenly her attention is caught by a huge blue snake, slithering into the village. Curious, she gets up and follows behind the snake.

Anonymous

Covallok. We have a follower. Slash speaks to me internally. If anything, Slash's presence within me is all but a gift. The day he decided to inhabit my body is the day my life changed so greatly. I then turn my upper body around to face this new person.
"Well, hello there. Who might you be?" I politely ask, hoping not to scare the girl away.

Anonymous

Atura tries to walk behind the snake as silently as she can when she notices it slow down and turn, looking at her.

The dark-skinned Necromancer stops in her tracks, caught. She steps back a few paces and replies a little nervously, "I'm called Atura. I'm sorry if I bothered you, I was just... I've never seen anything like you." She gestures vaguely to his scales with one hand, the other reaching behind her back and twirls the ends of her black hair around the tip of her finger. She looks at the snake directly, hoping it wouldn't attack her, and reviewing spells in her head as quickly as she can to hold him off if he does.

Anonymous

Hehe, you're scaring her, Cov. Slash points out the obvious. Sure, he's right, but there are times when it's best to keep to oneself. I wanted to say something to him, but that would make me look a little more odd than I already am.
"I realize that my kind is unique in a sense, but I try to look at that aspect differently. I am Covallok Venat. It is my pleasure to meet you Miss Atura." I introduce myself. Perhaps this action could turn a new leaf, so to say. Ah, who am I kidding? She's probably going to run for it.

Anonymous

Atura is eyeing the swords in the snake's hands when he introduces himself. Atura blinks, caught off-guard by his politeness and his not-attackingness. "Pleasure to meet you as well," she murmurs. The woman considers taking her leave, but then figures having a giant sword-wielding snake by her side is a much better intimidation tactic for anyone looking for her than staying by herself; at least for now. She comes up closer, cautiously, and then asks, "Where are you heading, Covallok?"

Anonymous

Oh, good. Progress. She didn't flee. In fact, she approached me. Cautiously, but still. All that matters is that I can actually meet some people without being outcasted in this world. Her question isn't an easy one to answer though. I began to rub the back of my head with a sheepish smile.
"Uh... haha. Ya see... I'm not really headed anywhere because I'm new to these parts, so to say. I'm simply exploring what I can." I answer. Least this time I didn't refer to myself as 'we'.
"What about you, Miss Atura? You have any reason for being... where is this place anyway?" I ask my own question, finally realising that i don't even know the name of the earth I stand on.

Anonymous

"This is La'marri," Atura answers absently, trying not to stare too much at the snake's - she supposes it's a smile, but it is a very disconcerting sight. She blinks and tries to make her face blank. "I thought you might be new," the woman says normally, "I've never heard tell of your... species before. I'm not really heading anywhere specific," she continues, starting to walk again. "I'm just going away from Thanatos. It's the main city of Necromantia," she adds.

"So when you say, 'not from around here', where are you from then?" Atura asks curiously. "The mountains? Serendipity?"

Anonymous

La'marri, eh? Sounds fitting to such a lovely place, I'd say. That matters not though. I keep my ears open to this stranger who is slowly becoming a friend. Haha... it's funny how she mentioned my species. Especially since in Sudonia, I was the last one of my kind. If this is a different world than mine, then perhaps I'm still the only one of my kind. I tried not to cringe at the sound of Necromantia. Anything vaugely resounding the word 'necromancer' instantly reminds me of Dahlekar. That bastard took too many lives. If only there were a way for my to put him through justice at this moment. Alas, being away from my home world has its downfalls. Speaking of which, the question about my past whereabouts pops up and that leaves me in a stump. If I told her that I'm from another world, she'd probably think I'm crazy. Perhaps it's best to play it by ear.
"Oh, I'm from a very distant land known as Sudonia. I certainly like to travel, as you can tell." I finish off with a smile. Oh yeah. That's certainly believable.

Anonymous

"Sudonia," Atura repeats, rolling the word over her tongue. "Sounds nice. Necromantia's not so bad," she continued as she walked alongside the snake. "I'm fond enough of the country itself. It's the people in it that cause trouble," she says thoughtfully, running a finger along the middle scar on her face. "Though I suppose it's that way everywhere.

"Well, what brought you here, then, traveller?" Atura asks suddenly, with something akin to a smile. "Running from someone?"

Anonymous

Oh good. She believed me. As much as I hate lying to someone, it's entirely nessecery. I hardly know the girl, so I'd rather not make her think I'm a bit loony. The more I think on it though, I didn't really lie to her. Sudonia is rather distant from where I stand. I little too distant. Her comment about the people that cause trouble in places is too true. Sudonia had a bad reputation, but the landscaping was beautiful. The war-riddled plains were marvelous and expansive. The Marshes were luxurious before the drow poisoned the waters. The forests were amazing before Faydon tore them down. The wicked souls anywere turn beautiful grounds to ash. How unfortunate that everyone has to whittness these atroscious actions. Her next question threw me off from my memories. I studdered over my own thoughts before I could manage to come out with something.
"No, it's nothing like that. I wouldn't dare to run away from what I had. It's just... I don't even know how I ended up where I am. You see, these surrounding were nothing to me before I suddenly found myself here in La'marri." Oh great. That's what I call thinking before I speak. I hope I didn't confuse the poor dear too much.

Anonymous

Atura nods slowly, looking closely at the snake. "I wouldn't have blamed you if you had been running from something. Sometimes it's necessary. But... yes, I found that as I traveled I hardly noticed my surroundings as well, as you say." Of course, Atura didn't believe the last part of what Covallok had said, but rather than pry too much at once, the woman figures he must've had a good reason for misleading her; he seems like the trustworthy sort.

Atura had a knack for interpreting character - she personally thought it was from her line of work, but who knew. She shakes herself out of her reverie and says apologetically, "I'm sorry for my lack of conversation - I fear my journey has tired me." And the situation I'm journeying from, she adds dryly in her mind. "What are you seeking, anyway? Shelter, food?"

Anonymous

My jaw would have dropped if I allowed it to. Did she really believe everything I said? If it were me, I would have believed myself to be a bumbling idiot. Perhaps she's a bit naive. Hopefully that sort of aspect doesn't get her in trouble. I might have to look after her for the time being. That's the least I could do.
"You know, that's not a bad idea. I wonder if La'marri's Inns accept the gold from my region." I throw in my own remark about her comment on food and shelter.

Anonymous

The woman keeps a steady pace, sighting an inn up ahead. "There's the inn."

Atura glances at Covollak, and says, "I have enough money for the both of us if not. I was a necromancer in Thanatos; that brings in a large enough income. I just hope I can find work outside of Necromantia," she finishes speculatively.