Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Acadamey of Sorcery

Started by Anonymous, May 24, 2005, 05:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mendaris, looked at the man and just sighed." As you wish. We're nearly there." He continued to guide him down the stairs, and turned down a hallway. He turned to the elf, and said quietly." We're here. IS there something I can help you with? Or are you content to continue alone?" The young novice looked around and merely watched as a few apprentices were reading the books of their first years.

Anonymous

The blind mage looked a bit downcast.  "I apologize for forgetting my place yet again, my lord.  Forgive me for offending you in any way.  I must not forget that even though I am here that what I am has not changed."  He took a deep breath and ventured, "My--blindness is--the result of an unfortunate incident where the person who caused it--would not have done so under any other circumstances.  I--consider it an accident, sir."

Anonymous

Mendaris nodded," What tome do you seek? You'd never find it blind." He watched the elf quietly. Who was this elf? Who was the one that owned him? Event's only  seemed to follow him like a bee after a animal disturbed it's home.

Anonymous

"Actually, my lord, it is not a difficult one to find with the proper use of the senses--and if one carefully counts the shelves to arrive at the right one.  Certain of the volumes have a unique...'feel' to them, not in the sense of texture, but in the realm of the arcane.  They speak in their own way, the runes that I seek.  One who is aware of that has no need of sight to find them--that is, if he does not miscount the number of shelves."  He smiled a bit.

Anonymous

Mendaris nodded and turned," Luck be with you then sir. If you require nothing else, I shall return to my chambers." He looked around the room and sighed. The chamber was quite large, and it was crammed to the brim with books.

Anonymous

The young man smiled again.  "Until we meet again, my lord--and thank you for your kindness."  He bowed slightly and headed with measured step into the library.

Anonymous

Mendaris turned and looked out the door into the hallway, it was getting late, also the morn would promise no releif from this detor. Sighing, he moved toward the stairs then heard a slite shuffle of feet, turning he noticed two shadows of humaniod shape move down the hall. Confused Mendaris wen't to investigate. Walking down the hall, he noticed that the sounds were  coming from a Master's office. As he approuched the door, the two shapes seemed to have no shape. Voices could be heard of the two and they seemed to be looking for something of great value.

"So is it here?" One voice said, very femmine.

"From what, our informant said, it should be in the desk." this voice was more gruff and sinister.

"Very well, I'll check the book shelves."

Mendaris muttered a protection spell, that would ward off basic spells and entered the room." What befalls here? Intrepid thieves, come to loot our fine academy?" Magic was already pouring from his fingers in that of a hold spell, to stop them in their tracks. But sadly, these were not just your average thieves, a spell shield flared up around the female thief, and the man was frozen completely, the true thief. Mendaris cursed, and started another spell, this one causing a globe of dispelling to flare at the female mage. She hissed, but couldn't stop it intime.

Mendaris grinned and started another binding spell, that forced her hands and arms apart. Making her unable to cast a spell. He then yelled down the hall for any in ear reach. He watched the female quietly holding his spells in check. He hoped that help would arrive soon.

Anonymous

The female intruder took the second that Mendaris used to call for help and quickly uttered the words of another spell, one she had prepared specifically for such an emergency.  She didn't have time to destroy the evidence (meaning Mendaris), and she didn't have time to save her companion who was now held motionless by the youth's spell, but she did however have what she came for, and with a complex but swiftly executed gesture of her right hand she was gone--soundlessly, and completely.  

The sound of running footsteps soon followed, and two of the senior-level students of the Master in whose room the thieves had been hurried into the room.  One of them came to Mendaris' side and prepared for any sign of potential motion or escape from the male thief, and the other went immediately to a niche in the wall where the female thief had been looking and put his hand to the intricately scuptured stone emblem that was specially enchanted to recognize only a certain set of hand formations.  He drew his breath in surprised horror as the niche opened to reveal an empty receptacle.  "Impossible..." he said breathlessly.  "No one could have known how to open it except for--but she is dead; I saw her body myself."  The last part he directed toward his colleague.  

"We must tell the Master immediately," said the other mage, still keeping his attention riveted to the male thief.  "If she is indeed brought back from the dead, and has taken the amulet, then we are all in dire circumstances."  He turned to face the young student.  "Let me see to this man," he said, raising his own spell of immobility.  "Run to Master Anisti, quickly.  There is not much time.  He is in the library, scribing a tome of his last season's lectures.  The south end, near the journeyman's alcove."

Anonymous

Mendaris nodded and quickly dashed out into the hall, running the way he came, back to the library. He came to the door and looked around quietly. Thinking the female mage might want to kill any obervers. Walking into the inn rather hurridly, Mendaris found the mage, in the spot directed."M'lord, forgive my intrusion, however, your office has been comprimised. Two thieves have broken into the office and stole something. A senior under your supervision, requires auddiance. Please follow me." Walking quickly back toward the Library door, he turned waiting for the Wizard.

Anonymous

Anisti, currently in human form, set down his quill and gestured for his assistant to put up the writing paraphernalia.  As he followed Mendaris, he asked, "Was it the amulet?"  For this was the most precious of his possessions--or the Academy's, for that matter.  If it truly was the amulet, then they were all in grave danger.

Anonymous

Mendaris, shook his head," M'lord, I do not know. One of the thieves is currently held in a spell. Come quickly, two seniors are there now." Turning quickly, the young mage wen't down the hall swiftly, as those that were asleep, were now awake. Looking back, he noticed a small crowd gathering at the stairs. Sighing, he wen't back to the office, with the lord mage in tow. " Have you pried his mind yet, of any thought as to why they came?" He asked one of the senior mages. The lord mage was right behind him.

Anonymous

Before the student could answer, Anisti gave a jerking movement of his right hand in a gesture that released the prisoner long enough to throw him to his hands and knees on the floor.  "You," he said, having noticed the insignia on the man's sleeve.  "I should have known you would come at your master's bidding.  And I suggest that you start talking about where your companion has gone, and be specific, or it will not go well with you this time."

The mage who had been holding the thief motionless while they waited for help to arrive, leaned over and whispered to Mendaris, "He was the only apprentice the master ever had.  You can imagine how Anisti would feel when the ingrate betrayed him."