Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I got you a pig, so please stop being angry...

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2011, 06:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinigamikitsune

"After being stolen, and forced into slavery, the only choice I ever had, was to either behave, or be beaten and starved," he stated. StarFire took a moment to look Ruben over.

"From the looks of it, I doubt that you've ever really known anything about hardship, or doing what you have to in order to just survive from one day to the next."

Tally

Ruben heaved a sigh, short and quick.  He'd tried to drop the subject but that one wouldn't leave it alone.  Just had to keep on trying to draw him into it, tell him how awful life as a slave was.  As though he should care.  As though he wanted to hear anything about that at all.  It was the last thing in the world he wanted to think on.  It had been better when the slave was just irritating.

His hands had balled into fists at his sides.  "Shut up about that already."

Anonymous

"Both of ya, come on. Let's just drop it." Doyle felt highly uncomfortable and no idea what to say to StarFire's comments. He just really wanted to enjoy the afternoon, get Ruben outside a bit, maybe teach the two of them some swordplay.

"Ruben, did ya have any idea what kinda weapon ya might like ta try?"

shinigamikitsune

So maybe that was a bit too far, but he was getting tired of Ruben's attitude. He'd find some other way to stop the man from looking down on him.

Being a slave for so long had really made him a mildly... vicious... sorta.

He just sighed to himself and followed the other two outside.

Tally

Ruben glared at StarFire, even as he answered Doyle.  It was hard to believe the slave was dropping it that easily.

"No," he said to Doyle.  He gave StarFire a few more moments.  Just let him say something else, see where it got him.  Doyle didn't want them arguing?  Fine.  He wouldn't start anything.  But he wasn't about to let StarFire have the last word in anything, either.

"I don't know, just pick something," he added, content for the moment that the subject was dead.

Anonymous

At least they seemed to be calming down a little. Doyle let out a small sigh, glad they might get a few more minutes of peace before the bickering started back up again, "Well, what about a sword. I got a light one that might be good for ya. Though, first, we gotta build up those arms of yours."

He paused, unsure if he should leave them alone or not, but it had to be risked, "You two wait here and don't kill each other while I get the practice weapons."

shinigamikitsune

"Sword play would be nice to practice again," he said with a smile. Then he frowned slightly, "Though I think I am going to have to build up my muscle mass again." It was true, since it was easy to tell that the poor elf had been under fed for a while.

"Don't worry, I'll try not to provoke the youngling again."

Tally

"Don't waste the effort,  your presence is offense enough."

Anonymous

Doyle shook his head, sighing, "Come on. Just be nice for a few minutes." He headed up stairs, hoping that the wouldn't kill each other in the time it took him to grab the weapons.

shinigamikitsune

StarFire was really tempted to come back with a retort towards Ruben, but he held his tongue for the time being. He wasn't quite sure just what the other man's problem was, but it was certainly making him cranky.

As he waited Doyle to return, the petite elf moved to do some warm up stretches that he remembered from his days in training.

Tally

Ruben spent the time with his arms crossed, and stared a challenge at StarFire.  One brow quirked up.  He expected some pretentious response, and stood ready with a number of answers should StarFire prove fool enough to continue provoking him.  He near didn't believe it when the slave stayed silent and moved off.