Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I got you a pig, so please stop being angry...

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2011, 06:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Well, if ya don't have any work ya gotta do, we can maybe go outside for a bit?" Doyle reached over and stroked a finger down Ruben's nose, "Get some sun on ya! Ya ever thought about learnin' ta use a weapon?"

shinigamikitsune

It was about this time that StarFire made his way downstairs. He'd managed to find something to read, and it had captured his attention for most of the day. When he noticed the other two, he looked up from his book and smiled at them. "Hello..." then he saw the papers spread out. "What are the two of you doing?"

Tally

Ruben went crosseyed watching Doyle's finger approach his face.  "No," he said.  "I have never thought that."

He heaved a sign when StarFire appeared.  He still hadn't decided if he wanted to ask the slave for help or not.  "We were..." He glanced at Doyle.  '...going outside?"

Anonymous

It wasn't that Doyle didn't like StarFire. He did, the elf was rather nice and was starting to relax a little. But just then, he was a little sad that his alone time with a happy Ruben had been interrupted. He just smiled at StarFire, "What are you up too?"

shinigamikitsune

"I've just been reading," he said with a smile, holding up the bible that was Doyle's. "I'm almost finished it. It's rather fascinating comparing the differences and simluarities to a bible from when I was still a youngling about 700 years ago."

He'd adjusted to living with these two people, even though he could still be a bit skiddish at times. "It's a nice day to be outside. Would you mind if I joined the two of you?"

Anonymous

"Sure, that ain't a problem. Glad ya like the book. Can't say I know much about what is in it. Can't read none of it."

He grinned at Ruben again, "I was gonna try and see if Ruben would see about startin' some weapon training. It would be good for ya."

Tally

Ruben's head whipped around.  "You can't read?"

He didn't know why that surprised him so.  Many could not, and Doyle was obviously not of nobility.  It was just...he seemed so worldly, Ruben would have thought he'd have picked it up somewhere.

Anonymous

"Uuhhh....nope." Doyle flushed, feeling a little awkward at how surprised Ruben sounded, "Ain't never had a need to learn. I get along just fine without it."

shinigamikitsune

Star smiled softly, "Perhaps I can read it to you sometime."

The thought of weapon training brought back a lot of memories. "I use to be able to fight with many weapons... now, I'd be lucky if I could lift a sword," he said, hugging the book to himself.

Anonymous

"Well, there ain't much ta read, but thanks for the offer. And don't ya worry. You'll get your shape back real fast." Doyle smiled at StarFire again, "Just eat up and do some work and you'll be fit in no time."

Tally

Ruben poked Doyle in the chest.  "If you're going to have me out there learning weapons or what have you, I'm teaching you to read."

Anonymous

"Err...really?" Doyle looked over at the book StarFire was holding, staring at it as if it might suddenly grow legs, "I mean, there don't seem much point..."

shinigamikitsune

StarFire smiled and nodded, agreeing with Ruben. "It would be good for you to learn how to read, and even write. I could help with that too, if it's alright." He didn't want to step on any toes, but it would be nice to have something that he could help with.

Tally

"See, even the slave can read."  He stared up at Doyle, daring him to say anything to that.  Anything at all.  He knew it would not go over well.  He hadn't planned to say it, but now it was out he wasn't apologizing for it.

Anonymous

Doyle's eyes narrowed and he gave Ruben a stern look, "He ain't a slave anymore and that was a real unkind thing to say Ruben. You apologize."

Tally

Ruben gave it some thought, then amended Doyle's statement.  "It was an incorrect thing to say."

He would admit to that much and no more.  It was true that StarFire was no longer a slave.  Ruben swept past Doyle and toward the door.  "Are you two coming?"

Anonymous

"Thank you." Ruben seemed to realize he had said something wrong and that was a good step forward. More than happy to be off the subject of him reading, Doyle nodded and trailed after, "Sure. Be good for ya to get some sun."

shinigamikitsune

StarFire frowned at Ruben's rudeness. "I wasn't always a slave, nor was it a life style that I willingly choose for myself." Doyle might be satisfied with Ruben's half assed apology, but he wasn't.

Tally

Ruben was already out the door, but Starfire's words drifted out to him from inside.

"I should hope not," he said, stopping and turning.  "If you chose it, that would be the height of stupidity."

Anonymous

"Ruben!" Doyle's voice was exasperated as he headed into the warm sunlight. The light stung his eyes and he squinted, waiting for them to adjust. Bright light always hurt, but it hurt less after a while.

"Stop pickin' on him. Let's just enjoy this afternoon."