Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I see no flaws in this plan

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2011, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a little exciting taking Niaaki through the castle, showing off a little to the silver haired fae. It wasn't often that Nathaniel really had the opportunity, actually, he had never brought a lover to the castle before. Never had much of a reason too, but Niaaki was so fascinated by his being a knight.

And, well, on some small level, Nathaniel wanted to show Niaaki off a little. Despite the fact he couldn't actually introduce Niaaki as his lover, only as a friend. But, still, Nathaniel looked down at Niaaki and smiled, a warm, pleasant feeling spread through him. He was stunning and sweet, with that feisty nature that kept Nathaniel wanting to drag him back into bed.

"Here is the training yard. This is where I spend most of my time." Nathaniel gestured to where some knights were practicing swordsmanship. "What do you think?"

Rhindeer

Being within the castle was both exciting and intimidating. Sure, Niaaki had been raised a Serenian noble, but he'd never been within a king's palace or anything.  And before he'd met Nathaniel, it had been a good five years since he'd actually lived that lifestyle. Being here now, he must have looked like a regular country bumpkin for all of his gaping and staring and neck-craning and, truth be told, he felt like one.

At least he didn't have Butch with him; he felt comfortable enough with Nathaniel to leave the stupid doll at home. Yes, carrying that thing around would have made a beautiful impression.

Lead out to the yard, Niaaki looked out to where Nathaniel pointed.

"So this is what you do everyday? Impressive," Niaaki said, watching the soldiers at practice. Then, with a sly smile, he looked up at Nathaniel and added in a low undertone, "I should like to see you at swordplay one day, shirtless and sweaty. Then again..."  He eyed Nathaniel thoughtfully. "I suppose in a way I already have."

He understood the need for discretion, but it was still a little frustrating having to keep his distance whenever they were outside of Nathaniel's home. But even so, he was enjoying himself. This was different, it was exciting, and, well, it was just nice getting to spend time with him, "just friends" or not. Getting to spend that time in a castle? Even better.

"Have you ever met the king?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Nathaniel laughed at Niaaki's comment, wishing he could lean down and kiss him. But as it was, they had to play at just friends, as hard as that was with such a tempting presence with him, "That you have. Though if you want, one morning when I have training, I'll bring you along."

The idea of showing off for Niaaki appealed to him. Impress him with his stamina and swordplay in a whole new way.

"The king? Oh yes. A few times. He's pretty amazing, though a total womanizer. But that's probably going to change. I think him and the Commander are getting pretty serious."

Rhindeer

"I'd like that. A lot," Niaaki said, folding his arms over his chest as he watched the knights work. They made it look so easy and effortless, flowing through the stances as smoothly as water, but he knew from his father that it took years of practice to achieve that kind of deadly grace. In a lot of ways, Niaaki envied them because he'd never be able to do that.

Nathaniel's next comment got his attention again, and he felt an initial spurt of awe that he'd met a king--and could say he had so casually--before the rest of what he said sank in.

Niaaki's eyes widened. "Wait, what? He and the commander, you said? They're an item?" Puzzled, he moved closer to Nathaniel so he could speak to him in a whisper. "I thought you said Adelans frown on, you know...that. Two men together." Which was the entire reason they were playing pretend right now.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Commander is a woman. One of the few useful ones." Nathaniel could just about count the number of woman he didn't hate on two hands. Tarlaka was one of them. She did her job well and wasn't useless. Her kidnapping had shaken Nathaniel and he was glad she had been found.

"She trained me and my brother. Now stop looking so scandalized."

Tally

The captain strode into the yard.  "Assemble!"

Every knight to a man broke off from their training and filed into formation.  Akkiel was close on the captain's heels, Thorn in hand.  Time did not permit him to walk among the knights every day, but he tried to do so whenever he could.  Satisfied, he nodded to the captain.

"Back to work!"  The captain drove the men on in their training all the harder with the king looking on.

Anonymous

Nathaniel quickly stood at attention when Akkiel arrived. He wasn't on duty, but he was still his King and it was just...proper. He relaxed when Akkiel started to look over the knights, "There he is. King Akkiel. He's...amazing."

Nathaniel's voice softened and his expression was a little wistful as he watched the red haired man. He had a crush on Akkiel from the moment he had met him.

Rhindeer

For a moment, Niaaki stood enchanted, because that was a king. The king of a powerful nation who looked like he belonged right there among those men, a warrior king--or so he'd heard, though how much was truth and how much was exaggeration was anyone's guess. For a moment he watched, fascinated, not quite sure what the proper way of greeting a king was in these parts (or if it even mattered, considering the distance) and it didn't seem like he should copy Nathaniel since he was no soldier and that would probably look ridiculous and--

Nathaniel's voice filtered to him through his deliberation and stopped his thoughts cold.

He peered up at the man, and felt his body tense when he saw that Nathaniel was looking at Akkiel like an adoring puppy! What was with that? What was with his voice? That was not a tone he should be using on...on...random kings and whatnot!

"Oh." Niaaki swallowed, trying to swallow the irrational jealousy with it and failing. He jerked his eyes from Nathaniel and focused on Akkiel and found himself scrutinizing him harder than he normally would, searching out flaws.

"He's alright," he conceded with a shrug, crossing his arms over his chest and scowling down at the ground.

Anonymous

"Alright? You obviously don't know much about it." Nathaniel grinned, though his eyes never left Akkiel. He knew, had always know, that nothing could happen between them. Akkiel very much loved woman. But that didn't mean he didn't admire him from a distance.

"I'm not surprised, being Serenian and all. But his Majesty is amazing. Powerful, charismatic, a great leader. And, well, as you can see, utterly gorgeous."

Rhindeer

Niaaki drummed his fingers on his arm and smoothed out his expression when he felt himself starting to scowl. "I'm sure he is," he said, staring across the way at the king and keeping his voice bored.

He had to admit, he was attractive--and that was what irritated him. He was attractive, strong, masculine, a warrior like Nathaniel...ugh.

Anonymous

Nathaniel was finally noticing there was something wrong and he tore his eyes away from Akkiel, "What's wrong? I thought you were excited about meeting the king?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, I am. He certainly looks magnificent and dashing and handsome," Niaaki said dryly, still glowering in Akkiel's direction. He had been excited. But now, seeing Nathaniel's reaction to him, he was a little worried about the fact that Nathaniel spent the majority of his time here around him.

Maybe it was a stupid concern, considering the difference in their stations and, well...genders. But Niaaki never claimed to be rational.

Anonymous

"What's got you so grumpy then?" Nathaniel wished he could reach over and kiss Niaaki, but that would cause a stir. He grinned suddenly, "Don't tell me you're jealous."

Rhindeer

"No!" Niaaki snapped, jolting a little at the accusation and staring at Nathaniel aghast. He hunched his shoulders and scowled at the ground, pointedly avoiding looking at the knight.

"I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous of someone like...like that. I don't care. So he's wonderful with a sword and has a great body and is one of the most powerful men in the world whose bed everyone wants to share. So what? It doesn't bother me."

Anonymous

"You forgot has great hair too." Nathanial grinned, amused at Niaaki's reaction. He liked that he was rather jealous. He was going to have to tease him about this while fucking him later. It was a good look on the fae.

Rhindeer

"Oh, thank you. How dare I forget his gorgeous hair. Can't have that," Niaaki huffed. "Anything else?"

Anonymous

"Oh, sure. Plenty. Sweet ass and prettiest eyes you've ever seen." Nathaniel's grin got a little wider, amused at the whole situation.

Rhindeer

That got the full force of Niaaki's glare leveled right at Nathaniel. Stomping his foot in aggravation, he made a frustrated, angry sound. "You're horrible!" he snapped before turning on his heel, ready to storm off.

Anonymous

"Aw, come on now." Nathaniel reached out and grabbed Niaaki's wrist, gently, "Don't be so angry. I was just teasing. Besides, he's not the one I'm with, you are. You don't have anything to be jealous about."

Rhindeer

"I don't, do I?" Niaaki grumbled, tugging lightly at his wrist--though, secretly, he'd hoped Nathaniel would stop him. It wasn't that he actually believed the words coming out of his own mouth; true, he was jealous, but he knew he was being irrational on some level, too. Mainly, he just wanted to hear Nathaniel say that he was being ridiculous and that it wasn't true and that he liked Niaaki best.

"I don't need to be jealous of his beautiful eyes or lovely hair or wonderful--" He faltered on the word, "ass or amazing charisma?"

Tags: