Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Riptide Is Comming... (Open!)

Started by Anonymous, July 10, 2011, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((XD Yeah, definitely! And Sekhet can respect a fighter as well. She just, uh... wishes he wasn't human. But being exiled, she doesn't think that she'll be able to meet any of her own kind anytime soon. At least not without getting run off again. But... oh wow Nexus. Oh wow. I... didn't see that.))

She could feel how thick his clothes were, and made a mental note to find something of the same material tomorrow. She... would need it. In this tropical sun. It would help quite a bit. Of course, she had gone through her four days before without such clothing, but still. She held onto the shred that came off in her hand, balling it tightly into her first. However, she still had to hold onto him with her claws, watching him. She hated to think that she was at his mercy... But begrudgingly, she realized this was the truth. Perhaps not entirely at his mercy, but dangling from his hands, out of the water, with her tail dragging along the sand... she wasn't in a position to do much.

Sekhet had no idea about the way humans went about things, so this was something of a sort of fascination to her. Why the hell he was gripping the back of her head was strange, and she raised an eyebrow at the movement, quizzically. He was certainly putting himself in a prime position for her to attack again, helping to brace her skull so she could lunge forward... Really, were all humans this mad or just him? And what he was saying... Try? Try what? She could only assumed he meant--

Their lips clashed, a sensation so alien and foreign that it made her gasp. Wait... wait... Oh no. Oh fuck no. He was... they were... oh by the sweet mother of pearl! His lips were on hers. He was... kissing her. Roughly. Invading her mouth. Her privacy. Her god damn senses! And then... oh by the sweet stars of heaven... Something warm and wet ran over her lips. His tongue. Oh gods, he was slipping her tongue! She felt sick. Violated.

The moment he broke away, and licked his lips, she could only stare. And then the next reaction was so natural that she couldn't help it.

Her stomach churned over, and the flesh and blood she had inhaled spilled out of her mouth, her spine arching as she heaved. It was a shark's reflexes-- throwing up something that might be poisoned or tainted. And by the gods, his saliva was pure poison! She gagged and spat until the last of his flesh and blood was gone from her stomach.

And then she resumed thrashing, desperate now to just get away from him, as every name in the book tore through her teeth, from the human language and her own native tongue. This man was mentally deranged, and Sekhet had to get the hell out of his grip. And now.

Anonymous

(((Hey, he's a fantastic tailor, he could make himself a little merman suit and things would be peachy! Of course it would look horribly racist and she'd hate him but still! He could do it! xDD Fights are more like fore play to Nexus, and weeeeeell, she is female. He might as well get a taste right?))

He wasn't too torn up about his clothes. He would repair them later when he got a chance. Not many tailor would have the skill nor the materials on hand to even really repair them anyways. But he did wince as she ripped some from his sleeve. That was just uncalled for wasn't it? You didn't see him grabbing and tearing at her chainmail. Sure that was a little hard to do but still, he wasn't trying it either.

Some people just had no respect. He should have expected that though because...well...she did come at him with a trident and all that.

He always liked it when they didn't expect things. He wasn't exactly easy to predict all the time. Sure, a haughty woman was usually something that he went after to knock her down a peg...but he had in the beginning though he'd just be fighting a shark. It was most certainly called for now wasn't it? The kiss was as much about experimentation as it was about dominance. He had won, and his prize was to get a taste of her! She was lucky he wasn't hungry and hadn't decided to follow her example by having a great bite out of her. She was just lucky that biting him and ripping from him was easily fixed. At first it seemed unexpected to her, and this was good. She didn't struggle or gasp, but she didn't lean into it or reciprocate.

They never did of course. After having a rather wild fight like this, one didn't expect your opponent to just lay on a big kiss right? He did however feel a little put out by the fact that she started gagging. "Mmm, musta been all the ale, apologies." At least the alcohol had sterilized his mouth, but it probably didn't make it taste or smell any better. He was pretty sure that the vomiting was a little excessive and offensive. His grip tightened around her again as she started thrashing. "Didn't. I. Just. Say. Something...about...the...THRASHING?!" He practically roared the last word, a primal and deep guttural sound as he started to drag her back up toward the beach. When he was able to stand easier he simple gave her a shove as best he could toward the shore.

"If you want to continue this so be it, but I'll stop that nice little collar around your neck and watch you die like a fucking fish." He spat at her, already getting back into a lower crouched position. She still had that long tail after all...

Anonymous

((xDD Oh yeah, I'm sure Sekhet would just love that. Some human trying to dress up as one of her own kind. And dear god xD I didn't think she would be worth getting a taste of. Yeah, her first kiss after being exiled is by a human. Wonderful.))

Her mind was still reeling with the feeling of some god damn sleazy man kissing her. A human. A human. No amount of stomach churning in the world was going to erase the feeling of his rough kiss invading her lips. Or his... tongue. Good fucking gods what was this human thinking?! No, no, she didn't want to know. She really didn't want to know. She just wanted to get the hell out of here, and quickly.

The fury of his words were felt on her, and she seemed stunned by the power that she could feel behind them. His reasoning, however, was lost on her mind. Why did he want to keep her, stop her from thrashing? She was not a creature of this land... Just what in the hell was he thinking? And he continued to drag her up the beach, her tail dragging like a dead weight in the sand.

She yelped as he shoved her onto the shore, and she sat up as best she could, placing a hand on the base of her tail to force herself upright. Sand now caked half of her body, uncomfortable and itchy across her skin, but her eyes were still watching him, filled with disgust and loathing. At first, she dug her hands into the sands and started to drag herself back to the ocean, but then he said something that made her stop.

Instinctively, her hands flew to the collar of water, and her eyes darted to the shoreline. With how far he had dragged her up, there was no way she could get back to the water without suffocating. And something told her that he wasn't going to throw her back out into the sea.

So with venom, she rounded on him, curling her tail, but she wasn't attacking. Watching him. Wary, untrusting. This situation seeped danger in so many ways, but she couldn't do anything to prevent it, not without killing herself. And she wasn't about to die yet.

She did turn her head and spit into the sand another time, and glared at him again.

"Sick," she hissed in a voice that was most definitely not human. It was growly, sharp, obviously spoken through pointed teeth.

Now how in the seven seas was she going to be able to get out of here?

Anonymous

((See, I was sure it would be a bad thing, which is why he wouldn't do it! Because that would be wrong! xDD And hey! Not by a human! A Savaros there's a big difference. She should be honoured.))

You didn't really want in the mind of the man before her. He wasn't a normal person, he wasn't human, he was something different, something special, something...well, sick. She at least stopped trying to fight him. Was it so hard to get into a fight, then want to talk with whatever you had bested? Was that really something difficult to ask? As the victor, and as a Savaros, she was probably lucky he was letting her off this easy. However, she seemed to have intelligence, and he didn't have a clue whether she was evil or had done something to warrant being killed.

A part of him still remembered that only the wicked should suffer.

"Yeah, that got your attention didn't it poppet?" He almost cooed at her as he slowly lowered himself onto his good leg, taking pressure off his now ruined one. It must have looked odd now...slightly concave with skin covering it. The muscle would all come back eventually but...for now he'd have to deal with a limp.

"Mm, sounds like me yeah. And only after ten minutes you figured it out. You should get a medal." He spoke sarcastically as he finally just fell back into a sitting position, letting the surf come in behind him and wash over him to some degree. "You fought well, bit of a cheater with the trident but...I don't find myself in many fights like that, especially with a woman. So I thought we could have a chat. The name is Nexus. Nexus Savaros, the Thread Master."

Anonymous

((XDD Oh yes, so wrong. Not to mention infuriating for her. xDD Oh yes... she should be honored. Unfortunately, she can't differentiate between a human and a monkey, really. If it doesn't look like a mermaid or act like a mermaid, it ain't a mermaid. That's about her definition.))

The way that he cooed to her set her teeth on edge. She pulled her lips back in a snarl, her back arching like an angry cat. Yeah, it got her attention, and she just spat the word "Sick" at him again, while also adding "disgusting" as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand. She didn't look at him as she did this.

She watched him carefully, as if expecting him to attack her at any given second. She placed no trust in anyone but herself. A human? As if she would place any trust in such a creature. But once he placed himself next to the surf, Sekhet clawed the soft sands and came to the gently lapping waves. She cupped her hands, letting the webbing catch water as she spilled it over her tail and skin, rubbing the saltwater into the dry places. In this form, she couldn't stand to be out of the water for long at all, but something told her that he wouldn't let her escape into the ocean. Not yet, anyways.

She was listening, but most of her attitude was rather aloof. Once he had stopped speaking, she had actually looked at him, even if she was still busying herself with keeping her body damp. Her eyes narrowed after he said his name, and she hissed. "I won't tell you my name, Nexus, Thread Master." Part of her withered at saying these human words so well. Another aspect of this curse. And part of her wondered what a thread master was. Her claws flicked at the water around her gills. It must have something to do with that.

She did narrow her eyes as he continued speaking. "I am not a woman, not of your kind. I am a mermaid." For a few seconds, she did nothing more than pour water over her tail, making sure she was always damp. Her gaze cut back into him, trying to bore into him. "My trident is my weapon. I was not cheating for using it. A trident is meant to attack. I only used what I had." She tightened her grip on her weapon, staring at it for a while, before glancing back at him. Why he still wanted to keep her like this was beyond her.

Anonymous

((Well I'm sure if she tried to dress up like a Savaros he'd be infuriated too so I can't really blame her xDD Well hey! Out of all the not mermaids to get kissed by, she at least got kissed by one of the higher tier not-mers right? That's gotta count for something.))

Yeah yeah, keep using the same words over again. He didn't really care what she thought, because in the end, he had won. He had won, AND spared her life, and spared her a lot of humiliation. Imagine if he had gone further, imagine if he had taken to more debauchery. She should have considered herself lucky that he hadn't gone further than a kiss, and tried to take a pound of flesh from her as well.

This almost felt familiar. He couldn't place where....but then again he'd held many people captive before...but under moonlight, that felt so familiar. He would have to shake that strange feeling off, it was unimportant. However, at least she was willing to talk to some degree. Most of those he shanghaied in such a manner were less than hospitable. "Not exactly polite, shame, thought you would have some sense of honour." It was only honourable after all, wasn't it? For them to have been in such a...heated battle, and now she won't share a few words while they recover?

"There's only one of my kind that's a female poppet, and she's a long way away." He sighed almost wistfully at her comment, shaking his head. He looked human, for the most part, but the eye should have given it away he thought. The eye wasn't human, not even close...but then again sometimes humans just had strange eyes. At her comment about using only what she had, he reached into his leather coat and began to pull things out. Blades, many different ones, knives of all different shapes and size, sticking them into the sand beside him. When he reached ten he stopped. "I had these on me at all time, but the fight wouldn't have been very fair now would it? There were so many times I could have just stabbed you and got it over with. But where's the honour in that?" He looked to all the blades and shook his head. His other one was still out there...

"At any time I could have filleted you. I could have used all I had...but how fun would that have been?" He asked as he turned his attention back to her, his eye rolling in the socket to focus on her. "I think after such things, I deserve your name. I have shared with you mine, and in our heated battle, I didn't kill you, though you tried to do the same to me. You owe me your name."

Anonymous

((XD Yes, that's true. Neither of them would appreciate the other dressing up. Though she could spare some of his own clothes for her own protection. xDD It probably does. After, you know, she's done upchucking her last meal. But at least her last meal wasn't fish!))

The mention of honor and being polite made her bristle again. She gripped her tail tightly as she spat. "I have honor, honor among my own kind! But humans... There is no honor among your people. You pillage and plunder with no regard to who you hurt." Her voice was laced with venom and hostility, but there was something faraway in her eyes as she spoke. Something haunted, almost.

But in a blink it was gone, replaced with the usual corrosive glare. Once he mentioned that there was only one "woman" of his kind, she looked at him strangely, and back to his eye. Ah... he probably meant that. A human who had a strange eye. So, what, there was only two of them? She didn't know, and didn't have enough curiosity to find out.

But then he began to pull out knives. Her eyes went wide in shock as each blade stuck definitely into the sand, its sharp edges gleaming at her mockingly. She drew away from the blades instinctively, drawing her tail closer to her, keeping a hand protectively on it and one gripping her trident. But he only explained that he could use them, and that he chose not to. By this, she should give her name, because he didn't try to kill her.

There was still suspicion in her eyes. "Why didn't you?" She asked. "No one else has spared mercy upon me. Why you?"

But she shifted at the name part. She gazed out into the ocean again, letting her hands slip over her tail, massaging the salt water into her scales. And she glanced back at him. "A name is power. A name is identity. A name that is known can be controlled, revealing that person for who they are. My identity is something that only I can control." Her words were carefully chosen, and she tested each one on her lips, making sure they sounded right.

She paused.

"However, you did not kill me, and showed mercy where most of your kind have not. I shall name myself as Sekhet, but that is all." Her tone had a note of finality. That would be about all he could get out of her.

Anonymous

((Good, so we'll keep them out of costumes of each other then. Works for me! x3 Hah hah, it's small consolation that her last meal was actually his leg.))

Again she kept using that word. Your people. You people. Your kind. She knew NOTHING of his kind...and if she kept saying things like that, he would show her just what his kind was, just what he was about. He would lay upon her a nice lesson that she should definitely learn fast, lest his anger would undo her forever. Now though he would hold his temper as best he could. It would do no good to just lose it right now.

"A name is only power when you let it be. Strength and will can stop you from being controlled." He learned that long ago. It used to be his name could control him, people speaking it might lead to him hearing, to him finding them...to ensuring they didn't have a good time. It could also lead him to fear...to those that said his name that could control him like a rabid dog.

But he was gone now. He was away from all that and no name could control him now. Not anymore.

"Sekhet. Good." He tested the name out as he slowly got to his feet. He stretched his arms out from his sides, letting them stand out straight. He clenched his fist and from that, thick red ropes began to fall from his fists. The strange ropes began to glow after they reached a few feet, and soon they burst into fire. He began to twirl them around him, they left trails in the air as fire crackled from the surface. He had done this before, swinging the ropes around him. Then he relaxed and and let the ropes fall away into the waters, disappearing with a hiss. "I am not a human." He spat the words out as if they were something vile on his tongue. "I am a Savaros. We are so much better than...humans. Perhaps that is why I showed you mercy. Or because you had done nothing wrong. I had challenged to fight after all. There was no need to kill you."

Anonymous

((XD Works for me as well~ And lawl, yes. Small consolation indeed. She's going to need a week of raw fish to get that taste out of her mouth.))

Sekhet did not know much of the humans, not that she would care to. As far as she knew, if it looked like a human and acted like a human, it was a human. Things that elves and faes mattered not to her. Perhaps if she had the desire to learn... but she had no desire of such things. She had a desire to go back home, but that was it. Learning about cultural nuances and the fact that not everything which looked human was human mattered not to her. Not unless it somehow got her back home.

"Strength and will can stop you from being controlled," she said slowly, carefully, "but an identity is something that can be lost, taking your soul with it. I will not risk losing it, anymore than I would risk losing my trident." Her grip tightened around her weapon as she said it. "Death would be a better outcome." In truth, this object and her name were the only things she had left. Even if, to the mermaids, she was no longer a Neptune, an outcast... the name was still hers. Sekhet Neptune.

Hearing her name upon his lips seemed strange, a bit more like a part of her was being violated. But no human had ever spoken her name before. It just made this situation all the more... stranger. Not to mention this man had kissed her. The only thing she could be grateful for now was that he didn't look upon her with lust. A shiver went down her spine at the meer thought. Only once had another merperson looked upon her in that way... And she felt it as a distraction from her job.

But the man, Nexus, was standing up, causing Sekhet to back away again, curling herself, brandishing her trident. She was still waiting for him to attack, believing this truce to be strange and uneasy, as if he was just baiting her, like an actual fish. But then ropes came from his hands, ropes like the one he used to place this water around her. They shimmered, and then burst into flames, making Sekhet raise instinctively, water already starting to wrap around her hands and bare arms. That was, until he tossed the ropes into the waves, where they sizzled and dissolved.

Her gaze became calculating at his words, carefully piecing evidence together. The healing... the ropes, now... and the eye... Yes. She could believe that, at least on the inside, he wasn't human. "Why look like one, then?" She asked, if a bit coldly. But then she realized that there was no way she was really that curious, or cared.

Once again, she gazed at the ocean. "I believe that you are not human," she said, running her hands through her short hair, brushing it out with her fingers. A strangely mermaid gesture, considering that she didn't fit the definition of one.

But she did look up. "I tried to kill you," she said this matter-of-factly. "Of course, I had reason to believe that you wanted me dead. Survival instinct rules the predator." She seemed satisfied with her hair, and let the short locks fall around her face again.

She had to wonder how long this was going to go on before she could return to the ocean. Staying on land like this for so long was a bit draining, and considering that tomorrow... No. She wasn't going to think of tomorrow. Not yet.

Anonymous

((Aw man, you make it sound like his mouth is all disgusting! xDD Like raw fish is any better.)))

He was in no real mood to argue the logistics of everything that was control and fear. It was a little bit too much of a task after such a battle. He would just mentally believe that she was actually wrong and he was right. He did know the control of a name, he had both used it, and been used by it. Though he did agree that death was a good alternative toward being controlled but...

That was all up to her wasn't it?

Well, at least she didn't try to get away from him during his little performance. It hadn't been the smartest move to do, but it was something that he felt was right in the end. He had her though, she really wasn't able to go anywhere was she?  He was almost completely sure she was stuck here, stuck right now like this.

That must have been...a little harsh on her but...he still desired to talk. Why though? He always seemed to like to talk. At times...there was this longing to just talk with people. He didn't know exactly why but...it was just one of those things wasn't it?

"I wasn't given a choice, but probably to blend...who would suspect a human to be something else on the inside? I understand it, though like you, can't say I like it." He would rather be different. He would rather look like something else...still humanoid...but just a little different. That however was a wish for another day, for another time.

Nexus gave a rather brutal laugh as he shook his head. "They don't rule me Sekhet. You should learn to control them before they overtake you. I'd hate to see such a beautiful predator go to waste over such a thing." He looked over to her and winked, or blinked perhaps. It was something that he hadn't done since he had even started fighting her. Even underwater, salt air or painful water splashing in it, he had not blinked. Though from his comment, it was probably a wink.

"You're getting antsy." He noted, seeing that she seemed to want to move. He couldn't blame her...fish out of water and all. "But if I let you go...who would I talk to?" He couldn't see her wanting to stay on her own volition. He began to take up knives from the ground, replacing them in all the hidden spots that he had on his person. "I suppose you don't fancy a little dalliance either. That fight really got me...going."

Anonymous

((XDD To Sekhet, it is. And raw fish would always be the better solution. She'd kiss a lobster before him again.))

The truth was that she was more than just antsy. The wind was starting to prick painfully at her skin, and no amount of saltwater was covering this fact. Patches along her arm had already started to dry. At the least, the sun wasn't out. That was about the most that she could be grateful for. She placed her hand on her arm, rubbing it self-consciously, trying to keep the itching under control, less she start tearing at her skin.

At least the answer about his appearance was... satisfying to her. She nodded curtly, as her hand lifted from her arm to race along her dorsal fin, pulling at the tip. "To blend," she repeated, glancing at the island behind both of them. "I suppose...," though there was still some distaste in her voice, as if she was eating something bitter. Never would she want to blend with these humans, or interact with them for a prolonged period of time.

... Like she was doing now. Fate was a cruel bitch sometimes.

But at his next comment... Oh by the love of the sea did all those creepy feelings come back. From calling her "beautiful", to that... blink. Yes, it was a blink. Her mind refused to process it as anything else but a blink. It was not a... No. No. She turned away with disgust, a shiver going down her spine. "I've survived, haven't I?" Was her curt reply. And that was all she was going to give him.

And by the sea were the creepier feelings getting... creepier. A dalliance? She didn't want to know what his exact definition of that word was, and the fact that the fight had gotten him... going? Why was the creepy fetishist the one that she decided to pick a fight with?

"In case you forgot, I'm a mermaid. I have to be in the water." So saying, she started edging toward the surf, letting it lap over her torso more. Her eyes glared at him. "You can't keep me here forever. I have to return. And you... can talk to the natives. They'll be more willing to listen."

She ignored the suggestive nature of his other comments. That was probably.. the best course of action.

Anonymous

((Pffft, raw fish is never a better solution! Especially if there is mercury in them! Hah! And a lobster would be a terrible thing to kiss with all the pincers and gross buggy exoskeleton and th-Ohhhh I get it.)))

"To blend." He repeated, reaffirming the statement. It was the better of disguises anyway. He at least had not been saddled as a child or a teen, which would have been horrifying to say the least. Something about her last words, how they trailed off and she looked away...made him wonder. There was more to the mermaid than met the eye...and he could only wonder what that might be. Just what was going on in the mind of the woman before him. Was she scared? Did the locals frighten her? Did the island scare her? Something definitely seemed...off.

Her disgust only made him grin all the more, a small chuckle escaping his lips. He did not see anything favourable happening tonight to himself. A shame really, he was really liking the idea of seeing how gentle she could be with those hands...and how rough she could be with that mouth. He just wasn't sure what'd be able to....sink himself into so to speak. "Save for tonight." He corrected with a slightly teasing smirk crossing onto his face.

"Oh I didn't forget. It's hard to forget when you've got a long shark tail." Not to mention she was sitting right before him, drying out with a water collar around her neck. "No...they are a good people. Kind for the most part. I have nothing to offer them but the woes of an old fighter." He barked a laugh as he stood up once more and stretches his arms out. "Sekhet...this has been...nice. Been a long time since I came up against something that could really offer me a fight...something that really could have killed me. If I return here tomorrow...would you perhaps be here again?" There was no hope in his voice, she clearly didn't seem to like him, but the way she spoke she didn't like anyone.

"I figure if I beat you again, I'd get another kiss." He almost gave a charming smile as he walked over to her and suddenly scooped her up. Despite her size and her weight, he seemed to have little trouble. "And if it has to be, I'll let you take another bite out of me but...this time try to keep it down." He strode out toward the water, and with the most gentlest of care he lowered her slowly back into the water. "And if you find my knife down there somewhere, keep it. Something to remember me by, though I doubt you would forget me." With that, the collar around her neck suddenly disappeared and she was released from his grip as he stepped back from her.

Anonymous

((XDD Oh yes... now you get it~ And I forgot about the mercury, though that's mostly a modern thing anyways. And my.. Nexus must be getting enjoyment out of her. His general character didn't seem like the kind that would like anyone, really, though I suppose she's something strange and fascinating and rather unlikeable. He has some... interesting taste to go after the tail though xD))

Blend. That word was making the edges of her being curl and wither. Blend. It was a very curse, that word. It didn't matter how many times she said it, thought it. Tomorrow.. She didn't want to think of it. She had already spent time tonight on land. And tomorrow.. it was the start of her four days into hell.

But for now her focus was on this... person. That was about the only word that she could think of. Being, that might work too. And the fact that her skin was cracking and drying. However, she did snarl and hiss slightly at his last words. "Tonight, only," she said, a threat in her voice. "I'm not bested so easily."

The rest of his words made her roll her eyes, and she clicked her tongue against her teeth, producing a strange, rattling sound as it bounced off the three teeth behind. "At least that one eye hasn't made you blind," she muttered sarcastically, and flicked her tail, spraying sand into the wind. But the words about the humans fell upon deaf ears. Ears that would experience this for herself. That look came about her again as she gazed at the island. Humans... oh, the king could not have cast upon her a better curse. Which is why she was so desperate to break it.

The sound of her name caused her to look up, though her gaze was cold at his words, lips curling into a sneer. "Could have? Not my intention..." Bitter? Perhaps. But in the end, perhaps the last thing she needed was the death of a... being on her. The islanders might find out anyways.

But at his question, she seemed shocked. He wanted to... see her again? For another fight? Something flashed in her eyes before she looked away. "No," was her answer. "I travel. I hunt. I keep moving." The less he knew, the less he suspected, the better.

But when he mentioned that kiss.. she could swear her stomach was trying to empty itself again. However, it was empty, so the most that happened was that she gagged slightly. That gag turned into a full blown snarl as he picked her up, easily, as if she was nothing more than a minnow. "You take some delight in this or something?" She snapped, teeth clicking. "I'll take more than a bite if I ever have the misfortune to cross your path again! Hope you don't need those limbs!"

She was probably serious about those threats as well, and though she knew better than to trash, her tail did slap his side, with a bit of force. Nothing that would cause him to stumble, but at least sting.

Whatever reason he had to be gentle, she had no idea. But the rush of saltwater on her parched skin was invigorating. Her skin seemed to brighten the moment she was placed back in, her eyes wide and glistening as the water rushed over her parched form, her tail giving a few lazy waves in the water. How much she loved the ocean! Her home! With his last words, the collar disappeared, and salt water rushed into her fluttering gills.

She gave him one last look, eying him with loathing, disgust, and that strange fascination she had with creatures of two legs. "You... are the strangest thing I have come across. Pray we don't meet again."

With a powerful flick of her tail, she was gone, her dorsal fin cutting once into the surface, and then sinking to the inky depths.

((So~ I figured after your post we could fast-forward to the next night, where she's forced to walk as a human? Unless you'd rather not continue, which would make me sadface but I understand.))

Anonymous

((Psh! There was always mercury! Damn fish experimenting with mercury and stuff, it's not natural I tells ya! There's a lot to Nexus really, he's veeery complicated, and sometimes a sociopath. His thing is usually to find something he likes and just take hold xD But he's tough at heart and has respect for those like him! Which Sekky kinda is, though he doesn't know the full extent. And I TOTALLY want to time skip to the next night, as if I wouldn't! This is a grand role play for that matter!))

"Seemed pretty easy to me." He sniffed haughtily. Oh he did like to tease and taunt. She was someone he respected though. She wasn't weak like other females he had encountered, but then again he preyed mostly on those that were weaker. This however was different, it had been a challenge, and she had almost killed him. That had been fun. If only she had been more open to a little bit of...inter-species diplomacy. A shark girl was definitely something to brag about after all.

He gave a grin and once more another wink. "Yes, I know you wanted to kill me...but you're not ready for that." It took more than a shark girl with a trident to take down the big dog. He wouldn't lie, he had been scared really. She was dangerous, she had him good a few times but...he wouldn't let her know that he was sure she could have killed him if not for a few lucky breaks on his end.

"A shame. I'm going to be here a while, that would have been fun." Easy come, easy go. He couldn't exactly keep her here after all. He'd have to use too much magic to do that, and by the end of it, she'd end up killing him. It was best to just...let her go then. Strange how that was...but he felt a slight kinship with her. Plus he had lost a lot of blood so...he was perhaps feeling tired. He only wished that he could sleep.

He looked to her as he held her and nodded. "Of course, didn't realize that till now?" He decided not to comment on her next words. It was almost as if she wanted him to fight her again. If only he could make her stay for when he healed and recovered a bit better. He could taunt her, egg her into another fight. It was a hundred times better than trying to get drunk here, or fighting sailors. His face flushed slightly as she slapped his leg with her tail. Did she not remember that it felt good? Probably not, but he'd still equate it with...pleasure. Yeah, she totally wanted to fight him again.

"I've no deity to pray to, but I'll hope that we will. If only just to gloat." He stepped back again and watched her as she suddenly disappeared under water. "Ah, by the Gods that was entertaining. I should see if I can't find one of the native girls to occupy me now." He wondered what the concept of prostitution was like here, in a place supposedly into the idea of free love.

That next night he found himself once more heading out to the beach again. He didn't know why, but he wanted to see what he could find there. He didn't think himself lucky to find himself another shark lady to fight, and after a rather boring day of trying to integrate with the locals he found himself wanting to relieve some stress. He knew better than to kidnap here...this was jungle...this wasn't the urban places he was used to. Places where you could grab someone and take them into a place where their screams would not be heard. It was all...different here. He had to be on some good behaviour. Now that he thought about it, all the times he had ventured out into the wild, he found himself in a fight.

That said a lot didn't it? He found himself a nice quiet spot away from the docks and eased himself into the surf, letting the waves pull away from him before coming back at him. His leg was looking better, but there was definitely a scar, a distinct mouth shape around where it had been bitten. Good reminder really. "Could do with another good fight. Wonder if there are any giant whale mermaids." He mused idly, grinning at the thought of it. Now that would be a fight and a screw wouldn't it?

Anonymous

((Yay, I'm glad you think it's grand! Heh, too bad I can't reply to all of Nexus's other comments. Oh well~ He'll get more of Sekhet's comments anyways. And I do like him a lot~ He just seems soo different from his character catalog description.))

She spent the next day hunting, swimming in the swift currents of the ocean, going as far to the depths as she would allow herself, letting the colder currents embrace her. After a few meals and sleeping in the rocks between the coral, letting the fish swim around the vortexes she created, she felt better. Good. Energized.

Part of her mind refused to acknowledge the affairs of last night. That strange being... Nexus, was his name. The fact that she even still remembered his name was homage to the fact that "ignoring" the situation wasn't doing her much good. It didn't help that he was a being who had kissed her, and probably... wanted more. Oh, did she not want to think about that. It still made her stomach churn.

And yet, all of this served to ignite the pang of loneliness that she tried so hard to forget. The longing to be with her own kind, to have company, to converse in her language again... To go home. Some days, the pain was not so bad. Other days, she could feel it in every fiber of her being. Exiled. The word was just as good as any death sentence. The pain of living without having a place to call home. Tainted by her name.

"Sekhet Neptune," she said to herself as the sun grew long. "Sekhet Neptune." Reaffirming her identity. The only thing she had left. Her name and her trident. A physical and a mental object. Two things that no one could take away from her. If they did... she was nothing. And she would rather die than be nothing.

Orange rays scattered on the broken surface, reminding Sekhet that her time was ticking away, seconds passing as she swam. She couldn't venture away and forget this curse. It was forcing her toward the land, drawing her to the homes of the humans, those that she was forced to be among in minutes.

But she knew how to prepare. As the sun sank, Sekhet went to the shallow waters of the beach, a place concealed in darkness. She swam up the embankment until her belly scrapped sand, her dorsal and tail fin exposed to the night breeze.

The sun was agonizingly slow tonight, and as it sank, she offered one prayer, begging for forgiveness, to the waters of the Tuor ocean. But tonight, as with all the nights before, her prayer was not to be answered.

Her body seized, and something began leaking out of her gills. Pinkish, and translucent. Immediately her clawed hands went to the membrane, pulling at it as it started to fill her gills, closing them, expanding like a bubble, tracing itself around her form. The instinct to fight this was great, to stop this thing from closing her gills, suffocating her. But she forced her hands down, even as she was choking on the very thing that was supposed to give her life. Fighting always made it worse. It made the transformation more painful, it lengthened it. So she became still as the membrane encased her, choked her from the inside out, as it began to press on her tail, making every muscle spasm and seize. It shrank, conforming to every small scrap of skin, encasing her in its strange softness. And then, it began.

Her mouth wrenched open in a silent scream as teeth shrank into her gumline, cutting deep, and the rest fell from her mouth, which she spluttered out before she had a chance to swallow. They drifted, pressed against her neck by the membrane, dangerously close to her jugular. Her back arched and sized, her hands curling as the nails retreated, sinking into her fingers, drawing blood. The webbing shriveled and detached from her fingers, leaving them raw and scarred. Once again her spine twisted, contorting her body as the dorsal fin melted into her back, the skin rippling as it became one with the skin, the cartilage disappearing all together. Perhaps the most painful was the tail. It seized and thrashed, contorting in unnatural ways, and something strained and pulled at the skin. Suddenly she arched, eyes wide in pain as with an unnatural tearing sound, legs ripped away from her tail, coated in a thin layer of blood. Her tail became limp as the skin wound over itself, repairing, and the membrane seized and took a hold of her, forcing her knees up to her chin, coiling that useless tail around her. For a second, she was still. And then, she started struggling, until the waves brought her ashore, a transformed mermaid in a translucent cocoon.

She was still gasping for breath, choking as the membrane was in her sinuses, restricting her movement. Her human, stubby nails scratched uselessly, lips with teeth barely sharp snapping at the membrane stuck to her throat. She tore at it, snapped at it, and finally, she broke the stuff in her mouth. Her eyes bulged as she took in a breath, and twisting her back, the sharp grains of sand made the membrane tear in other places. Like an embryo emerging from a womb, Sekhet was released from the membrane onto the beach, gasping for breath. Waves lapped at her feet, taking blood and skin and teeth away with them as they retreated, but after only a few seconds, she had to pull her feet toward her, away from the ocean that now hurt her.

For a while, all Sekhet could do was lay on the beach, breathing with the lungs that had formed inside of her chest, her tail draped around her naked legs. Gods, the curse. Nothing could torture her like this.

Anonymous

((Yeah, he has done a bit of changing really. He had a fateful encounter role play, and I've been trying to tweak him a little bit. Half evil, half not xDD He's got a more...relaxed attitude than what he was before.))

Nexus couldn't blink. Nexus couldn't stop seeing. It's why he couldn't ever sleep. His eyes would always look, his eyes would always see and he would never be able to avoid that. He would just stare forever, unblinking and all seeing. In the case of tonight, it made him a little bit more....in tune with things. His eyes were scanning the water, always looking and searching for the shark girl he had met last night. He cut through layers of water, removing it in sections so he could see a new depth.

But there was nothing. Not here anyway.

He didn't know why he really cared so much honestly. Perhaps it had just been a very exciting fight, in multiple ways that is. Perhaps because she wasn't human too, that could have been a reason. Nexus had a bad string of luck lately, it seemed that women he encountered as of late weren't as...weak as he imagined them all to be. Too many times did he find himself on the brink of death because of them. THAT would change any man's heart just a little. It both infuriated and intrigued him in the long run.

Picking himself up from the surf he decided to stop feeling so grouchy for the moment. He was Nexus Savaros. Scourge of the wicked and sadist of the stars. And right now he wanted to go for a walk. So, setting himself into motion he headed off down the beach, deciding to try and find anything interesting tonight.

He found that of course. Something in the water, not far from him, something...not normal in the slightest. A creature had brought itself in close to the shore, and he recognized it almost immediately. It was Sekhet! She said she was moving on, the coy little vixen.  Something however was...incredibly wrong at the moment. He stopped walking toward her as he saw stuff...happening to her. A strange membrane forming on her, and what looked to be something of incredibly pain happening to her. Nexus did nothing but watch, something he was good at. This was a good thing for a sadist to watch...someone in so much pain...someone writhing in agony as a change came over them.

Though literally in this sense. It was over soon though, and Nexus was unsure of how to proceed. She probably hadn't enjoyed that very much, but himself? That had been intensely satisfying and perhaps a little arousing at the same time. He decided to approach...somewhat casually at this point. "Well now warrior," He began, his voice slightly full of mirth. "How goes the night then?"

Anonymous

((XD Ahh, that explains it~ Well, I'm sure Sekhet's happy... ah, who am I kidding? She's never happy.))

The thing she hated most, other than gaining a spindly pair of legs, was the draining feeling that overcame her after this transformation. She laid still, breathing hard, her new lungs burning with a want of oxygen. This curse. Oh, how many nights would she have to suffer this transformation until her crimes were repented? Every day she could see the faces of the prince and princess, every time when she slept, their bodies, bleeding and broken, haunted her. The truth was, she could never forgive herself for not saving them. And though she searched for a way to get rid of his curse, never did she ever think it would be broken. The pain she suffered was only a fraction of the pain that the king and queen suffered daily, looking at the empty seats where their son and daughter should be.

And then, she heard footsteps. Immediately Sekhet straightened, lifting the human half that could cooperate, leaning heavily on her tail and trident as her legs just folded underneath her. When the last of the saltwater drained from her eyes, making the skin that they touched on her cheek red and dry, she couldn't believe who she was seeing.

"Gods below!" She spat at his feet, right now wishing she still had teeth to be proud of. "You! Of all my decaying luck...." Here her voice broke into some cussing in her language, none of it pretty. But eventually she had to stop, because her tongue was losing how to pronounce those symbols. Just another wonderful aspect of this curse.

He probably saw everything as well that had happened to her. She turned her attention to her new, human legs, scraping the last of the membrane off of them, and the rest of her body. "I was hoping you were dead," she growled. "My mistake."

Once the last of the membrane was off, she slowly started to stand, though these new limbs were unused to bearing such a weight. She stumbled back to the sand, but never did she let herself appear weak, even as her stomach twisted with the membrane inside of it, even as she kept edging away from the waves. She gripped her tail, and managed to get to her knees. If she was concerned about her lower half now being naked, she didn't show it. The truth was, she didn't feel as if these naked parts of her were really her. She would have to cover up, of course. But for right now, her main concern was standing.

And getting away from Nexus.

Anonymous

((Yeah, she can be such a killjoy! She just needs to have some fun! Which...I don't know if Nexus really knows how to do...and if he does she might not like it. >_>))

Well, this was definitely a lot more interesting than he expected to find. She had grown legs. She had become....it looked like she had become a land dweller. She was on land, and she didn't seem to have her gills, and while she had a tail she had legs now. This changed everything didn't it?

"Powerful mouth on you, but I knew that already." He grinned as he crossed his arms over his chest and carefully observed her. The words were definitely different weren't they? But from the tone of her voice he was almost certain none of those things were really good. Some of them were probably about him too but...well that didn't matter too much.

"Me? Dead? I went looking for something that might try but...all the creatures I met just...didn't add up to snuff." Well actually, if one thought about it they did add up to that. Dead. Heh heh. He still couldn't believe that she thought he would be dead. Smirking he watched her as she stood shakily. She still had the tail, that was certainly interesting wasn't it? His eye moved downward to look at her carefully, taking in her new body. That was...certainly nice wasn't it? As she tried to cover up he grinned and laughed quietly.

"Just relax will you? I suppose I should be nice and cover you." The thread master took a step back and carefully observed her for a moment. This time however it wasn't one of lust, anger, or even hate. It was something different. Like a critical eye. Clapping his hands together he took a deep breath. Letting his hands slowly part, strange golden threads hanging between them. There was a look of pure concentration as more threads began to appear between his hands. They interlaced with each other, and soon he started to have a full piece of clothing begin to appear.

It wasn't long until the glowing golden lines began to dim and he had a dress in his hands. It was a slip on dress with an open slit along both sides for a more adjustable fit. It had a rather open v neck chest, it would cover her modesty but would still giver her a sensual and alluring look. It was for his benefit after all...tailor's discretion. Still it was a very fine piece of clothing. "And here you go. Strong enough to keep together for what you like to do...but soft enough that it'll feel like you're wearing nothing at all." He held out the garment to her, half grinning at her as he did so. "And that's why I am the thread master."

Anonymous

((XDD Yeeeaahh... She probably won't like his idea of fun. And she'll probably be a grouch until she gets to go back home, but such is the nature of being exiled.))

"And I knew you were annoying, but thanks for stating the obvious!" Sekhet snapped back at him, still bearing her lips as if she had her wonderful teeth to be proud of. But this faltered slightly, and she looked away, glaring at the sand hard enough to turn it to glass. Her command on the common tongue, however... it was growing. She hated it. Every second she hated it.

Sekhet still had enough of her vinegar to scoff at him. "Stupid animals," she muttered under her breath, setting her tail about her, waiting for her legs to stop shaking enough that she could stand. And hopefully run. Though she doubted that this man would let her get away with running. And now that she was on land, she got a better look at Nexus, without really wanting it. That strange eye.. the scars that littered his body like shells on the ocean floor... He was a warrior. Perhaps a margin of respect entered into her, but it wasn't enough to upset the balance of underlying hatred she had for this man. Who was looking at her. At least there was the chain mail...

She growled, and curled her tail a bit over herself. As if this was her body to be ashamed of! This wasn't her body! It was some cursed form that she was forced into, to parade around in humiliation, before she was allowed to return to the water. But he appraised her, like meat, if that subtle twitch to his smile was to go by, and she only glowered at him.

"As if I need any covering you have to offer," she spat bitterly, though her eyes went wide as she watched him... make a dress? The object was so absurd to her that she gave a harsh, barking laugh, and finally, stood up on these limbs, even if her knees were still knocking.

"I need none of your things, or threads. I have done this before, without help. I can do it again easily." A step, but she faltered, falling back on the sands on her knees and hands. She cursed, and felt about the beach, until... ah! Kelp! Expertly, as if she had done this before, she tied the kelp around and between her legs, and around her tail, until her bottom half was sufficiently covered. And she stood, shakily, still leaning heavily on her trident for balance.

Her gaze on him did not falter, in either its hate or anger. "You can leave," she hissed. "I need, and ask, nothing from you." She glared at the dress again, and spat in his direction. "Your things are unwanted here."

With that, she tried to take another step, away from him, even if she was still facing him, warily. Afraid that he might try to attack, now that she was weakened. If only she didn't have him hanging around her, this whole night might have gone easier. And now she had four days to look forward to, of trying to avoid him on this miserable little island.

Anonymous

((She might if it wasn't directed at her though right? You never know! Well you might, being as you made her but still.))

"Only because I'm better." She was trying to be defensive wasn't she? But he had learned that wasn't her honest strong point. Her offence was better but even after all that, he was still quite a bit better. It wasn't her fault though, she'd learn in time. He had thousands of years of practise after all, and she couldn't have been more than a couple decades...though looks were deceiving after all.

If there was one thing that Nexus knew how to do, it was make enemies. No one could be sure if he really wanted to make friends in the end, but he seemed to enjoy the company. He seemed to have a desire to be around people. Not a lot of people...they got on his nerves but...there were some that he seemed to want to gravitate toward. Sekhet was one of these people, unfortunately for her.

She was really trying really hard to push him away. She had no love for surface dwellers did she? He had met some xenophobic races before, but not many Mers that acted this way. At least the ones he had met...but he hadn't many mers in THIS world anyway. It could just be it was her though, he had watched her transform into a person, and he couldn't exactly say that would do wonders for a lot of people

What had his old God said? Some people had a story, and one would have to find that story out. Nexus wasn't sure if he wanted to find that out, but...if she kept acting this way he'd probably just...ahem. Best not to go down that road right now.

He rolled his eye in his socket, all the way around it as she rejected his gift. He thought it had been a really nice dress but apparently he was wrong. Then again, what would she know of good taste, she was wearing kelp now! She obviously had no idea did she?

"Right, because I'm good at listening to people." He grinned as he tossed the garment behind him, snapping his fingers to make it simply burst into light and turn to nothingness. "You must have one hell of a story. Transforming into a two legged person...and away from Mers that usually travel in some sort of group or pack...Y'know...we could make a little deal you and I." He stepped forward and put his hands together, cracking the knuckles. "Another fight. If I win, you tell me about yourself...and if I lose...I'll leave you be. I mean, unless you're too tired and scared of course, I completely understand. I could just...take my prize and go." There was a glint in his eye and a tone that spoke about something terrible that might happen.