Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sky Pirates, Ahoy! (3) [open]

Started by Anonymous, July 21, 2011, 11:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It took till late afternoon to get to Essyrn from Draconi Forest, which was still faster than almost any other mode of transport. Flæm didn't stop the ship until they were right over the city, although more than a mile up. It was impossible to drop anchor at this height, but Flæm turned the ship against the wind, and the ship managed to stay. "Hope the wind doesn't change," Flæm murmered.

"Alright! We are here! I have gifts for you all!" In her hand she held 3 feathers of a bright and irridescent red. "I am a phoenix, and my feathers can make things fly. These help keep the ship aloft. I will give each of you one to help you get back to the ship. Keep them safe: they are very precious. And, if you are in great danger, they will pick up on your emotions, and broadcast your thoughts to everyone else with a feather. But it only works when great fear or other very strong emotion regarding danger occurs. You can't communicate with them normally. Here, Zach. And Willow; I know you have wings, but keep this in case. And Lili... uh, can you keep this inside you with out eating it? It will help you fly like... a birdie."

Scythe-Nova

Since some time ago Lili had put the Baslisk skull she had in her body, on top of her head like a Hat. Still smiling blissfully she took the feather that Flaem gave her and looked at it with a curious expression.

-"Lili can choose when and what Lili eats"

She said and stuck the feather on top of the basilisk skull on her head with a smile. She then tilted her head when she thought about what Flaem said.

-"Fly? Fly how?"

She asked and looked at Flaem with an curious expression while smiling widely and happily. The other bones of the basilisk were gone except the claws and teeth that still floated around in her body like they were to resillient to be digested.

Anonymous

"Just fly," Flæm said. She was beginning to like Lili. She was like a child. "If you want to fly, just fly. And can I have those? Those teeth and claws?" Those could be quite useful: weapons, possibly. And basilisk teeth are probably worth something.

Anonymous

"LILLI! Look what I made for you. Herb soup! Eat up then, it shall make you healthy and strong, by darnit!" Willow exclaimed, setting the huge bowl of soup down in front of Lilli and flashing a smile. She then turned to Flaem and got her feather, stuffing it in her herb bag.

"Good thinking. Oh, and yes. We fly! Everywhere and anywhere my dear!" the pixie smiled at Lilli again and fluttered around the ship, dropping bits of herbs around as she went. Plants just seemed to cling to Willow's clothes like mothballs.

Anonymous

"Alright! Come on if you're coming!" Flæm ran and lept off of the side of the ship. The wind instantly caught her, brushing its firm fingers through her hair, across her face, whipping at her clothing. She loved this! The dive. The exited feeing of anticipation in her belly, her eyes watering, that weightless feeling, as if she was just standing there, with a heavy wind gushing about. And the sight below, of buildings and people, as small as blades of grass and grains of dirt, growing and growing, steadily, till they are enormous. She always wanted to know what it would feel like, not stopping herself, rushing to meet the rushing earth, like lost paramours found. But every time, she flipped her body about, light as a — ha! —feather. This time was no different. Some people around her were astonished — a woman fell from the sky! But others viewed it as commonplace in a world of magic, and hardly stopped as they walked pass. Flæm looked around. This was a market area. Then she realized something: her crew weren't experienced fliers, besides Willow. They would probably be able to slow their descent, but would they be able to conrol where they landed? Flæm thought not. She looked up into the air, waiting to see where they would land. Oh! I forgot to get those claws from Lili... I just wanted to get here so badly...

Anonymous

It was a mistake coming to Essyrn. Sure he had a few jobs when he got here, but they were dwindling, he could only stay anonymous for so long before 'the green guy killed him' turned into a name a location and a birthday. Even he didn't remember his birthday. Not to mention how much extra water he needed, and how rare uncooked or undried meat was. A few times he had to catch people in the early morning just to get some raw meat.

Good thing the sun was so bright or he'd have withered away to nothing. Scyzzal sneered at the person who was wobbling away, he'd stabbed them. Just slightly. The back of his hand to their back, a slight extension of the blade in his arm, covered in the venom. Quick victim. A quick pocketful of money and he was good to get out of his burning sandy hellhole.

And then the scent of burning and bird hit his nose and he looked towards the sky, frowning. It wasn't a totally unpleasant scent, unfamiliar, but not unpleasant. Scyzzal tilted his head to the side, his pupils contracting so his bright irises took up nearly his whole eye. He frowned while he mindlessly made his way over, his mouth open slightly. Curious. How curious.

It was a woman. He sniffed "You don't look like a bird," but she smelled like one.  Scyzzal frowned. "Why do you smell like fire and a bird, what manner of creature are you?"

In all his greenness, he looked almost vibrant. His 'hair' which was a cluster of leaves looked bright and healthy, and his 'ears' were red at the tips. His clothing was regular human clothing, a white shirt underneath a large coat and bracers. Regular pants and boots finished off the outfit.

Anonymous

"None of your business," Flæm murmered."Not trying to be rude, but its not something I tell strangers. Sorry." Flæm continued to watch the sky.

Anonymous

"Well, you did a bad job of 'not trying to be rude'," Scyzzal pointed out before he stared at her, his eyes were hard and yellow with his eyebrows drawn in. He was expecting her to at least be a little nice.

He was frowning. The hell was there to stare at in the sky. Maybe it was her birdy boyfriend. "Look. You've piqued my interest, you smell weird and I would like to know what you are because you don't smell human. Just tell me and I'll leave you alone and you should look at people when they're talking to you. It's rude."

Anonymous

Flæm glanced at him. "I'm really sorry, but I'm busy." She looked back at the sky. "I need to keep constant vigilance, and I only tell trusted people my true race."

Anonymous

Gosh, so many strange people in town today. It was crazy! The small creature strolled down the shopping district. This place was awful too, who would visit here? It was so hot and dry! This heat was killing her. She was in bad health to begin with. Well at least she knew not to come here again! Small and slender, along with some figure, she resembled an elf in most cases. With the exception of strange flap-like ears and two long snakelike tentacles growing from the small of her back, she was mostly humanoid. The 'tendrils' on her back resembled that of a jellyfish, with long thin tentacles for fingers at the tip of each.

Her skin was a light pastel orange brown in color, littered with splotches and squiggle marks that radiated a soft pink. She had large red eyes, the whites with the same glow of pink, as if the iridescence came from within her and the flesh it shined through was transparent. She had short ruffled hair which had the natural appearance of being wet and it hung in her face, a soft red orange color.

She dressed in light clothing because of the heat, a few straps here and there, a tight bra-like top with a lose open-front overshirt. She had a belt and more straps on her waist, wearing almost military styled pants, with long boots, laced up to just below her knees. At her sides were two very intricate flintlocks, or so they looked like. They were definitely runed with magic.

She had just finished searching the stores when she came across the commotion and stopped, overhearing a conversation. Her ears flickered and she turned her head to gaze upon the fuzzy figures in the distance, squinting futily with a few bags in hand. She sensed their spirit with her mind and couldn't help but eavesdrop after feeling their inhumanness. She walked over, standing next to the man who felt unusually organic and stared almost cross-eyed at the yelling woman.

She was a cute little thing, standing at about four and a half feet and just listened blatantly. "True race?" she repeated, pondering the question like a game. She closed her eyes and felt the woman more closely, trying to sense the soul within. It was very warm and fiery. She smiled then and opened her blind eyes, gazing in the woman's direction. "Loud woman is very uncommon indeed!" she spoke softly. The then turned to the man beside her. "Strange man is also unusual to us!" she referred to herself in a strange way, adjusting the bags she was carrying.

Scythe-Nova

Lili looked at the soup that Willow put before her and then picked the bowl up and poured the content into her mouth which were quickly absorbed by her body, She then saw when Flaem jumped down from the ship and looked down the side of the ship with and curious expression.

-"Just fly?"

She tilted her head before forming her blob into legs and stepping up on the railing and looking down with a big smile. She then took a jump into the air and a swan dived down towards the ground and about halfway down she curled up and started to spin, she hardened the outer layer of her membrane so that she would not just spray in all directions. Just some feet above the ground she started to fly but she did not just stop in the air, instead she landed on a kne and a foot with bot her hand on the ground [OOC: you know like neo from matrix... just not as cool XD].

-"That Was fun, Lili wants to do it again."

She said as she stood up and looked around, her body softened and her legs turned into a blob once more before sliding up too Flaem. She then plucked out the teeth and claws from her body and held them towards Flaem.

-"Here Flaem"

She said and smiled widely and happily as she looked at the other two that were talking to Flaem who did not seem to listen. She tilted her head in curiousity as she looked at the one with the tentacle like arms, The basilisk Skull placed on top of Lili's head were stull stuck there and it seemed as if lili did not want to let it go.

[OOC: I like Lili's new hat XD]

Anonymous

"I'm not loud, and thank you, Lili. Did you enjoy that?" Flæm smiled a warm smile at Lili before looking back up, to see who would land where. She was surprised that Lili, of all people, could control her descent so well, but it was a delighted surprise.

Anonymous

"No, she's not loud," Scyzzal agreed, looking towards the short childlike being that appeared close by, "Just rude." Then the most foul stetch gained his attention and his bright eyes turned to... A pile of goo. That moved. And smelled. His arm went out to cover the short girl closest to him and he stared at the Bird smelling woman, confused.

What the hell, did she just fall out of the sky? And why was there a skull on her head? Maybe that explained the smell. "Fine, if you're not going to tell me what you are, I'll go. You seem distracted by things in the sky and I'd prefer to get back to work than... Stare at you staring."

Anonymous

"Well," said Flæm,"  my pirate ship is up there, and I'm waiting for my crewmembers, who are coming down any second. I have to see where they land. We came here to look for more crew members..." Wait... She turned her gaze to the two strange people next to her. Could they...?

CastlesInTheSky

Zach didn't have time to even ask a simple question before everyone jumped ship, and he rushed to the side, watching them fly down with raised eyebrows. Okay, this was it. The big jump. He took a few big steps back, gripping his feather tight. With all the beauty and grace of a flying cannonball, he leapt haphazardly off of the ship's side.

As he clung for dear life onto the feather that kept him aloft, he found himself flying very awkwardly, swinging this way and that. It was fun in a very nerve-wracking way. A child looked up from the streets, pointing at him and trying to point the flying man out to his mother, who scolded him without a second thought, saying that people didn't fly.

The landing was coming soon. He narrowly avoided crashing into a merchant's shack, veering sharply to the right and crashing right smack into some poor guy that was in his way.  While the man was knocked over to the side, Zach planted his feet into the ground, skidding to a stop. He quickly went over to the guy he crashed into. Best not run off without saying sorry.

_

Meanwhile, the man he had crashed into was slightly dazed and very confused. One minute he was simply walking the streets of the desert city, and the next he was plowed to the side by somebody holding a feather. Well, he was seeing new things every day! The man, whose name was Oliver, sat up just as the other guy shoved some bright feather into his pocket. The man looked apologetic. "Heya, sorry I crashed into you." Oliver shrugged. "Oh, it's alright. I'm fine." The man walked off, seeming to be in search of something. Oliver couldn't help but wonder what the man was up to after seeing him fly into the city and decided to follow him. His wings were hidden beneath the white cloak he wore that was very light.

--

Zach, who was unaware that he was being followed, now lazily walked the streets of Essyrn, figuring he should savor his alone-time while he could have it.

Anonymous

She blankly looked to the very unusual creature that had flopped beside them and stared at her a moment. "Well...this creature is barely stable!" She commented softly. "And, yes..." she looked back to the bird woman. "Quite loud in fact!" she smiled smugly, still really bad at the correct looks to give people when appropriate. "Crackling like a fire, bursting outward..." she described the spirit she felt from her. "Vibrant and colorful!" she went on.

She pointed to the green man next to her than, the one who kindly shielded her from the slimy girl. "That one is strong...like roots, thorned roots writhing with strength and determination!" She went on, dazzled by her own words. "Spirit cannot hide from us! Spirit tells all, that is Spirit's temperament!" "This one may lack physical aptitude, but We are great psychologically!" She referred to her body with 'this one' and her consciousness with 'We'.

Such a very strange way of express herself, she was an odd one to get along with. She looked around at all of them again and, slightly eerie with her unusual smile. The mock laughed then, finding humor to be a strange emotion. So she faked laugh, and badly sometimes when she tired to make conversation. She behaved almost eccentrically, a little overboard with some things and oblivious to that should have been obvious.

"Do not even attempt to lie to us! We are not fooled so easily!" she boasted, wiping some sweat from her brow and swaying slightly, a little dizzy from the heat. She pointed at them accusingly with her tendrils, her hands still filled with bagged items.

Anonymous

A violent shiver rose up Flæm's spine like a dying snake under her skin. "Wh-" her gaze- and attention- were firmly on the elf-like woman, now, and she completely missed Zach's decent. How did she- but no. The question was what to do? What to do?

"How- how did you know?" This was fear. Real fear. She hadn't faced anything like this in her knew life. The girl would say something, and people would know. Then they would hunt her. They would chase her to the ends of the Earth, looking for her, to use her feathers, meat, bones, skin. Even her eyes. She couldn't let it happen! Should she kidnap her? Kill her?

"Listen," she hissed. "What would it take for you to keep mum about my race. Money? Magic? Anything." If they could not reach a beleivable agreement, she would kidnap her. The woman couldn't fly, surely, and wouldn't be able to ever leave the ship without falling to her death.

Anonymous

She blinked at her and then immediately grinned, mmming contently. "Oh?" she chuckled, trying to be smug. "We have found a real rare gem, have we?" she moaned, tendrils wiggling. The fiery spirit she saw from this woman twitched and dimmed as her mood shifted. "Anything, huh?" she pondered, looking around, then back to the woman.

It would become obvious that she had trouble seeing. She defiantly had some power to sense people, but she hardly able to see their faces. "I do not think...Flaem, was it....could give This One what We desire!" she shook a tendril finger at her, almost mockingly, though it wasn't entirely her intention.

"Money holds little value to Us!" she said, which may bring attention to the stuff she was carrying, or how she paid for it exactly. "Magic makes Us Skeptical! Is Flaem in possession magic We desire?" she wondered. "But 'anything' catches Our attention. We wish to spoil This One, for This one has had a difficult time!" she explained vaguely.

The though of anything really go her attention. But she did not look like an easy one to please. With Flaem's reaction, she felt superior and maybe she would push a little too much. She was never very good at restraining herself.

Anonymous

"So... I don't have anything you want, you think?" This was bad. She would have to take drastic measures if the woman wouldn't barter with her. And, though she was a pirate, Flæm wasn't one for cold-blooded actions.

Scythe-Nova

Lili were just looking around absent-mindedly  looking at the diffrent things in the market, She heard Flaem's voice a bit more strained than usuall and slimed her way back to Flaem looking at her and the elf like preson she were talkning with.

-"Is Flaem okay?"

She said and slid in front of Flaem looking at her with a slightly worried expression. She then turned towards the "Elf" and tilted her head with a curious gaze. She then slid up to the "Elf" and looked closely into her eyes, Before turning towards Flaem again.

-"Lili thinks the woman is blind"

She said with a bit worrisome tone and looked at the elf again before reaching out to pat the woman on the shoulder.

-"Lili thinks you should Be happier"

she said with a great big happy smile on her face and her face were almost beaming with a blissfull happiness.