Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[OPEN] A Whole New World

Started by Anonymous, October 31, 2011, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[[OOC: I hope I'm doing this right-- I'm new. Be gentle with me, oh god >_< *hides under the table!*]]

Too a forest baby like Teegan, a town like this could be wholly overwhelming. Hell, the population of one street alone could almost be half that of his whole town. Beyond that the Midna'Fae were a quiet people of simple recreation; even a street that could be called bustling by their lax standards would probably be considered dead in a town such as this.

It was as frightening as it was exciting.  

Teegan was passable as a human, unless on looked close. He was of average height and width for a human male, and his skin was colored a smooth unripe peach. Perhaps his eyes were a little too big (and with yellow irises, for that matter) and his mouth a little to wide, but that was all relevant, right? The bright green shade that colored his hair could easily be a dye, or a spell. The curved black-velvet entente, though? A bit of a give away-- and thus were tucked neatly under his hair.

His manner of dress was not extraordinary; he wore plain black boots, plain brown pants and a black trench coat of almost infinite pockets (one of which may have been emitting a soft mewing sound).  

Currently, the valiant explorer had tucked himself against a skinny twiggish tree, and was watching the crowd swell and ebb.

"So many people, how will I know the right one when I see him... or her?" Teegan muttered with a lax grin. Groaning with a mixture of anticipation and utter bewilderment, Teegan pressed his palms to his eyes.

Rhindeer

The old blacksmith, the one Sita had been going to for years and years, had shut down shop so Sita found himself wandering the town looking for another good, reliable one. Sure there were plenty of blacksmiths about in a city this big, but he wouldn't trust just anyone to shoe, much less handle, his Keyda. That horse was his pride and joy, his companion since he was young, and he made damned well sure that Keyda got only the best.

Which was a hard sell, because Adelans just didn't get horses like his people did.

Maneuvering his way through the crowd, he came to an abrupt stop when one figure stood out among the others like a sore thumb. Kid had green hair, for one. For two...the hell was he wearing?

Sita blinked, came to a stop, and stared despite himself.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Teegan's antenna itched; it was less of an extraordinary ability to sense someone watching and more one of those small coincidental happenings that frequented most creatures; a human's neck hair would sometimes stand on end at being watched, but Teegan was much more in-tune with his antenna.

Lifting a hand he scratched manically at the concealed appendage, glancing about as if suddenly paranoid he was missing something important. It didn't take him long to notice he was being starred at, which he responded to with a lopsided smile. Was there something on his coat?

Teegan couldn't help but extend his own lengthy stare, inspecting as he was inspected. The stranger was of remarkably impressive build; he looked strong and sturdy, both of which were highly sought after traits to Teegan's race. His skin was fascinating too-- Teegan could only shift between pale and blue, and his own Doe was pale. He'd never thought humans came in different colors!

My, he had been starring for quite some time. Teegan suddenly broke into a wide grin.

"Hello there stranger!" he called with an enthusiastic wave. "A fine day to be in town, isn't it?"

Rhindeer

He hadn't meant to be seen and had been too distracted by the green hair--maybe he was Serenian? Those people came in some weird colors--and funny clothes to realize that he was being stared at as well. Sita jolted when the kid called out and snapped his eyes back to his face. Right, Sita, that was rude. Besides, all things considered, green hair wasn't the weirdest thing he'd come across.

He was, after all, friends with a bloody okapitaur and Eshe pretty much took the cake in all categories. Not much shocked him anymore; she'd thoroughly desensitized him.

He gave a noncommittal grunt in reply. "As fine a day as any."

Truthfully, he was feeling a little cranky because the last few days had been shit. First a thief makes off with one of his horses, then he has to deal with a hysterical Eshe and an awkward trip to the healer, and today his horse decided to lose a shoe and the blacksmith was gone. Feh. No sense dumping his bad mood on a stranger though, right?

Stepping a little closer, he shrugged. Wouldn't hurt to try his luck here, because he'd had no luck so far. "Say, ya wouldn't happen to know of any good blacksmiths 'round here, would ya?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Teegan lifted himself out of his somewhat defensive position. It had been an overwhelming day, but it was nice to have a (somewhat) friendly encounter. As the stranger approached further, Teegan noted the interesting markings that dotted the space under his eyes; where those natural? He'd never seen anything like that before, either! Maybe he was letting himself get a little overexcited-- but this was his first day as a practicing Stag.

"I'm afraid I'm new to town," he admitted with a sheepish grin, self-consciously patting down the wild green locks that concealed his antenna. Geez, he hoped they weren't sticking out-- then he might look weird! "I would be happy to help you look-- two sets of eyes are better than one, yeah?" it was tiresome always second guessing himself in his search for a proper mating partner (termed Doe by his people); this one looked promising, and a little extra time with him would help Teegan decide for sure.

At that moment a soft mewing began to sound from the depths of his coat, and a small lump began to scurry about under the leather. It climbed his chest and disappeared around the side of his shoulder, meanwhile Teegan burst into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.

"Ah-- Comet, stop it!" he gasped gleefully.

Rhindeer

Oh dear. As soon as 'new to town' left the boy's lips, Sita felt cautious. He'd come across a surprising number of strays lately and had to help a number out of some scraps--damn his bleeding heart--but he relaxed a little as soon as the boy followed up with something other than a sob story--and offered to help him instead. That made him blink and raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" he said, then shrugged. Well, he didn't really see the harm. It was a little odd, but the kid seemed harmless if overeager and he supposed he wasn't the only one allowed to lend a hand to a random stranger. "Well, sure, I guess if ya don't got anywhere else ya gotta--"

He cut off when something started to squirm around in the kid's clothes.

"Er...ya alright there?"