Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A chance encounter

Started by Anonymous, November 13, 2011, 12:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a lightly less than perfect day for the festival, the sun was a little blocked by clouds and the air was cooler than Aidan would have liked, but it wasn't bad. It did mean he got to wear that divine new necklace Sita had gotten him, as it matched his long sleeved, heavy tunic.

Nadia was off around here somewhere, but Aidan had wandered off in the crowd, browsing the wears. He wanted to buy something pretty before Nadia came back all bitchy because he spent too much money. All she did was bitch, bitch, bitch. Never could let herself have fun.

He was examining some bracelets when someone caught his eye. The man was stunning, with a strange pattern in his hair. Not human, that was for sure. Aidan licked his lips, straightening from where he had been leaning over and posed a little, trying to catch the man's eye. It was so much better when they came to you.

Rhindeer

Ahh, Adela. He'd had a rather awkward time the last time he'd been here, taken by hunters, but he liked to think that was behind him now. No harm done; he'd survived the ordeal to enjoy the festival today and he fully planned on living it up and indulging--which, thus far, he was doing a good job of; he'd already had enough cider to put him in a fantastic mood.

That was one thing he'd give humans credit for; they knew how to celebrate and hardly needed a reason to do so. And what was more, but there were so many interesting things to look at, including--himself?

Rheiku had been browsing some shinies when, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a man making eyes at him across the way--a rather attractive one, at that, pretty enough that he'd almost thought him a woman at first glance until he noticed the distinct lack of breasts. Not that Rheiku was picky; the attention, even subtle as that, appealed to his vanity and he straightened up, running a hand through his shaggy hair and quirking a small smile.

"Are you planning on just looking?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Aidan beamed, moving a little closer, one hand absently moving some of his rich brown hair from his eyes, "Oh, I don't know. I'm trying to decide if you are worth more than just looking at."

The man was even prettier up close! Those eyes! He had never seen such a vivid shade of blue before.

Rhindeer

That took Rheiku aback. Smile faltering, he gave a little jerk of surprise, blinking rapidly and not quite sure if he should be offended or flattered. "Wait, what? What do you mean trying to decide if I'm worth it?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Well..." Aidan glanced him over, "You are very good looking, but what if you are terribly boring? One can never be too careful."

Rhindeer

"Oh? And how would you suggest we find out?" Rheiku asked, lifting an eyebrow. He was a little offended--and yet also intrigued by the challenge.

Anonymous

"Well..." Aidan moved a little closer, looking coyly up at Rheiku, "I was thinking you could tell me your name, I would tell you mine, then you could buy me lunch. Chat a bit. Then I can know if you're just pretty."

Rhindeer

Fortunately, Rheiku had coin to spend from generations of familial hoarding. Most of them hadn't known what to do with the shinies except admire and guard them, but Rheiku had learned that you could use them to gain other things! Including more pretty things.

And perhaps he could use some here to acquire a living pretty thing.

Rheiku grinned and held out a hand to catch Aidan's, bringing it to his lips. "My name's Rheiku," he said. "And you're...?"

Anonymous

Ooooh. He was a gentleman on top of it! Aidan beamed, his body language blatant, "Aidan. It's a pleasure to meet you. I must ask, what are you? I've never seen anyone with such beautiful hair."

Rhindeer

Rheiku gave Aidan a veiled look from beneath his thick eyelashes. "If I told you, it would no longer be a mystery nor half as intriguing, now would it?" he said and released the man's hand. "You'll just have to find out for yourself."

Though he'd made his move in a crowd where most people were paying attention to other things, a few people had seen kissing Aidan's hand--and they were now drawing stares. Some people probably couldn't figure out if Aidan was a woman or not, androgynous as he was, and it was made all the worse by Rheiku's own androgyny. Rheiku didn't care; his own kind didn't have the strange ideas humans did.

But even he knew they probably ought to move.

He held out his arm. "Seeing as we both have names now, how about that lunch?"

Anonymous

"Oh, a challenge. I do love a good challenge." That was actually a lie, he tended to throw fits when things got hard, but he wasn't about to admit that. Taking Rheiku's arm, he smiled up at him, "I would like that. Maybe somewhere a little more private?"

He had dressed up as his sister on more than one occasion so he could go out in public with other men. He was more than used to having to be careful.

Aidan nodded in the direction of a tavern he rather liked, "That place has some lovely private rooms we can eat in."

Rhindeer

Rheiku gave a throaty chuckle. "Of course. Private rooms for eating." And possibly other things if he was lucky. He wanted to steal a kiss, at least! What could he say? He liked kissing attractive people. It was fun and mutually beneficial and if he was lucky they'd flatter him a bit, too.

"That sounds lovely," he said and started to lead the way there. "So, Aidan, what brought you out here? I do hope I'm not stealing you away from anything important, not that I'm particularly sorry about it."

Anonymous

Oh, he was a delightful charmer. Aidan glanced up at him, eyes half lidded, "Oh, nothing terribly important. I think with the right persuasion and a pretty face I can be talked away from it." It was hard to not press against him, but they were in far too public a setting for that.

He steered them towards the inn he knew, it was nice, simple and elegant, perfect for those outings his clients liked to have on occasion. He just hoped the other man could afford it. Nothing was worse than paying for your own meal.