Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stepping Stones. (Rina)

Started by Anonymous, October 21, 2011, 01:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Rica did –not- like big towns. They're always filled with loud, rude and worst of the selfish people around. The Yoreiqi should have just skirted around Ketra, supplies and money be damned. However, now that that was just wishful thinking, the woman was just going to have to deal with what she had before her: a people-filled street she had to go through.

Head filled with bitter thoughts, the yoreiqi moved down the street with a swift pace, trying her best to ignore other people around her and pretend she didn't have eye-gouging wings upon her back. And in her furious pretending, she didn't see another human coming around a corner. Her momentum was too great for her to stop herself in time, and the woman found herself crashing into the individual with a curse flying from her lips.

Rica stumbled back as soon as she could, and didn't think twice before yelling at the stranger. "Watch where you're going, you idiot!"

Anonymous

It wasn't that Tiyu didn't pay attention while she wandered the streets of Ketra. She paid too much attention to everything, staring in wide eyed fascination at the massive city. She had been there a few weeks and it was still hard to take it all in. The filth, the huge mass of people and how cold everyone was. It was nothing like her home and it excited her. She wanted to learn all about it.

She was staring up at a house with a slanted roof, amazed that they could make a building like that when a form slammed into her. Unprepared and distracted, Tiyu landed hard on her butt in the dirty street, hand coming up to rub where she had collided with the other person, "Oh! I so sorry! I thinking har-!"

Tiyu noticed the wings and made a happy squealing sound and scrambled to her feet. Leaning forward, Tiyu rubbed noses with the woman, speaking it rapid Yoreiqi, "Sister! I didn't think I was going to meet someone from home here! What beautiful wings! Have you been here long? What is your name? The spirits are lucky today that we could meet in such a place!"

Anonymous

After the outburst, Rica stared at the other woman in shock for a few moments, not believing that she just ran into another yoreiqi. In overcrowded Ketra, of all places. To make things worse, the woman was about as bubbly and happy as Rica remembered her people to be.

The winged yoreiqi should have also remembered the customs, which she failed to do as her hand moved to push away the approaching face. "Gah! What are you..." The woman spat in her native tongue before realizing what she's done.

"Oh..." She trailed off then, a look of guilt dawning on her face as she frowned at her hand. As far as she was concerned, she might as well have slapped an elder in the face just now. Rica sighed, mumbling out an apology as she stepped out of the woman's way, hoping the stranger would just leave.

"No, I haven't been here for too long..." The yoreiqi grumbled, trying to fold the "beautiful" wings out of sight as much as she could, considering the other's remark to be pointing out just how messy they were.

((So sorry this took me ages to reply to :<))

Anonymous

Tiyu looked hurt when the woman pushed her away, confused why she had rejected her greeting. She kept her distance, still smiling, but with less of the bright energy of earlier, "Ah, me either. It's so strange here. I saw a man with fire for hair and skin like a pigs!"