Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Day in the Park

Started by miss_sanguine, January 04, 2012, 03:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

Not one to really be interested in constellations and their stories, Ryuu nonetheless let Prim continue on with her explanations. It all sounded silly to him. They were stars, nothing more. That people saw images in them--which he couldn't understand, either. The bear Ursa, or whatever it was called, was made up of some four of five stars which looked nothing like a bear--was nothing more than fantasy. Like insane people making out images in ink blots.

And then, out of nowhere, the conversation moved to courting. "My parents don't believe in arranged marriage," he said, holding Rusger a little tighter, making the pug look to him with his big eyes.

Of course they were back on her uncle, the subject that had started this whole upset in the first place. He didn't want to keep it up, so he merely nodded at the name.

"It is strange," he said. "But I believe things happen for a reason. I'm sorry about your father."

GoblinFae

She shrugged her shoulders, unphased. "People come and people go. Love them while you have them; miss them when they're gone. Lucky you though," she exclaimed, switching topics again. "All Uncle talks about in his letters is marriage and fortune. I much prefer yours to his, even if they are few and far between."

The birthday girl shook her head and smiled. "But, enough about me. What have you been up to? Have you continued with your studies or perhaps found something in particular that interests you?" Primrose looked up at Ryuu as they continued walking, finally entering their favorite park. Every so often she would look down to smile at Rusger who becaue of her short stature was level with her face.

'I missed them more than I even realized. No one in Adela seems to understand me as he did. He never judges me or expects me to be anyone but myself. Ryuu never made fun of me for prefering books over boys, and he certainly never insisted that I needed to change that. I almost wish I could move back and live here again. Perhaps I wil extend my visit so that I may see them a bit more before my departure. Enduring Uncle's caging presence would be worth it.' Feeling a bit better and certainly more content, the yound noble stood closer to her friend, so that as they walked they ocassionally bumbed into each other.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

miss_sanguine

He never knew if it was from his own liking, or if it was Rusger's doing, but Ryuu always felt at home when at the park. The sound of the wind through the trees, the stars glowing overhead, the smell of autumn in the air, here he felt truly calm.

Or hyper, depending on the time of day.

Rusger wriggled in his grip, sensing his excitement and increasing it with his own. *We should live at the park,* the pug said, tongue lolling. *I like the park.*

*Yes. I know you do.* He couldn't help and smile at this one. If there was another animal that liked the park more than Rusger, Ryuu would be sorely surprised. The pug's heart rate increased the moment they stepped onto the grassy territory. He'd marked it as his own. And here was where the two of them had the most memories. Good ones. Mostly of running. To Prim he said, a bit more softly to not disrupt the peace of the park, "Always with my studies. There's always something to learn. Nothing other than that. The usual. It's only been a few years."

GoblinFae

"A lot happens in a few years. For instance," she started, smiling broadly, "I have decided to apply to teach at the sanctuary in Ketra, the healer's college. If they will accept me, I can do a great service to my father's people, at least a much better one than I could to my mother's. I wish you would come visit me Ryuu."

Her senses took in the beauty of their park, the feel of the breeze, the sound of nighttime, the smell of nature. "There are no parks like this but, the forest has some redeeming qualities. I have yet to venture out into it at night, or very far within during the say as it were. It's," Primrose trailed off trying to find a word that would describe it best and came up blank. "Different. Have the two of you gotten into a trouble lately? Well, besides this evening. Sorry about that."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

miss_sanguine

"I might." He didn't look away from the sky when he said this. Truth was, he didn't ever plan on leaving this place. It was where he'd been born, where he'd grown up. He had more of a future here than anywhere else. But he couldn't tell her that, not when she was so intent on seeing him come. Let her hope.

"And it wasn't anything Rus and I couldn't handle. We've been in worse. Not lately, though."

GoblinFae

Primrose laid down in the grass, folding her hands behind her head so that she could better view the stars. "Good, because you're not allowed to get into trouble without me. I'll always be there for you, you know that right? No matter how far apart we live or how many years pass, I'll still be your friend."

A smile crossed her face as she listened to the night. Frogs croaked, crickets chirped, the wind rustled the leaves and the grass. The fresh clean smell of water and earth soothed her and made her forget even for a moment of her uncle and her troubles at home. "It's so peaceful," she whispered. "I'd forgotten." The forest near her home was far more dark and enclosing than the park here. She did not even realize how much she missed it until she was now back here and with him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

Since I'm dropping Ryuu, I'm afraid I have to drop this thread, as well. It's been fun, Goblin!

Tags: