Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chill brah, it's all good

Started by Anonymous, January 25, 2012, 05:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a perfect day, sunny and warm. Ha'iku had spent the morning out on the waves, riding them and communing with the ocean. The swells had been easy and strong and now he was taking a break, stretched out on the beach.

Something tickled the back of his mind, something he was supposed to go do, but he couldn't remember. As it was, he had crab that he was cooking, having taken the time to round a few up and start a fire.

The smell was amazing and he was looking forward to it finishing up. Spend a day on the beach and the sun, nothing could be better.

stelmarisa

Ewelani danced across the sand, singing to herself absent-mindedly. She was happy. It was a beautiful day, perfect for staying out in the sun, and she'd already had a productive morning. She'd been hanging around at the port with her wares, and had managed to snag a couple of traders from the other isles, sweet-talking them into looking at her jewellery, and had pulled in a trade or two! Of course it was better when there were traders from the mainland around - they were always more interested, wanting to take home a souvenir - but that was so rare these days that she'd all but given up.

Nevermind! She had a beautiful new necklace as a result, and the whole rest of the day to enjoy herself. So she danced along quite cheerfully, until a certain, delicious smell caught her... nose. She span round, only then noticing Ha'iku stretched out on the sand. She grinned.

"Hiii!"

((OOC: wasn't sure whether they'd know each other or not! Feel free to decide for me xD))

Anonymous

"Well, that's a nice sight." Ha'iku grinned at Ewe. He sat up, stretching his arms above his head, "I didn't see you on the waves this morning."

He didn't know the girl real well, but he knew almost everyone that hit the waves. He gestured to his feast, "Wanna join me?"

stelmarisa

"No, I know." She smiled wryly. "But I was out last night and didn't fall off once, so I thought I shouldn't push my luck. Besides, I've been down at the port all day, there were traders!"

At his invitation, she grinned and nodded, plopping herself down on the sand. "Thanks! Whatcha having?"

Anonymous

"Ah, that's a good plan." Ha'iku nodded, smiling at the girl, "Best not to tempt the gods. They like to remind us we aren't gods if we forget."

He checked on the food, mouth watering at the scent, "Crabs. Freshly cooked. Nothing beats food out on the beach."

stelmarisa

She laughed. "You're right. And I've hurt myself enough as it is... gods forbid I ever break a leg or something... then what would I do?" She looked serious for a moment, considering the possibilities, then shrugged it off. The thought wouldn't keep her from the waves for long.

"Oh, delicious." She leaned over to look at the food. "I haven't had crab for ages, just boring old fish."

Anonymous

"Don't tempt fate like that! Never a good idea. Pray for safety and happiness, but don't give the naughty spirits ideas."

Ha'iku grinned, "Almost done. I like crab. Easy to catch a bit for myself. But don't tell or I'll have to share with everyone."

stelmarisa

She laughed cheerfully. "Oh, I know! I've learnt my lesson there before. I'm sure half my accidents are because I tempted fate. I get too cocky and actually think I'm good at surfing... next thing I know, I'm in Noelani's hut being patched up."

She grinned and leaned over to examine the crab, licking her lips. "I promise to keep it a secret, if you let me share sometimes!" She didn't like catching crab for herself... they always seemed to get her with their claws.

Anonymous

"Ah, well, you have a good healer at least. And there is nothing wrong with confidence. You just gotta make sure you don't get too full of yourself."

The crabs seemed ready and Ha'iku pulled them out. They were still a little too hot to touch, so he waited for them to cool a little, "Anytime. Food is always better with friends."

stelmarisa

She laughed cheerfully at the advice. "I guess not. At least I never stay upright long enough to get too sure of myself! Maybe I should try asking someone to teach me..." she said thoughtfully. "Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong."

She poked experimentally at the crabs, flinching as the hot shell burnt her. Sucking on the end of her finger to soothe it, she looked comically confused by what had happened. Thinking ahead was never one of her strong suits.

Anonymous

"Gotta have patience. In all things." Ha'iku never had a problem with it. He had problems with urgency, but taking his time, that he could do. When she stopped sucking on her fingers, Ha'iku reached over and kissed the tips of them, "Wait until it's cooler. And I would be happy to teach you some tips for surfing if you like. I'm always out on the waves."

stelmarisa

Patience was definitely not something that Ewelani found easy. She spent so much of her time distracted and excited, she never slowed down long enough to truly 'take her time'. She smiled sweetly at Ha'iku as he kissed her burnt fingers.

"I'd like that. Maybe you could help me stay upright, at least." She laughed as she accepted his offer.

Anonymous

"Of course! You just have to learn to slow down, listen to what the waves are telling you." Ha'iku had never had much of a problem with that, though he lacked the drive that made the truly great surfers. Letting go of her hand, he beamed again, "Now, remember, go slow. Rush and you'll get burnt."

He started carefully prying open his crab with a stone knife, revealing the warm, rich meat.