Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tools of Conquest [Goblin]

Started by Juno, September 29, 2012, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Satisfied at last for his silence, Remina relaxed her hold upon him as she released a ragged sigh. Looking to Saul, who seemed entirely amused now instead of terrified she was going to kill the shorter man, was waiting patiently for her by his door now. Looking back to the red-haired man before her, the demoness stared at him and commanded, "You better behave and not give us away. Follow me."

She let go of him and carelessly turned her back on him, exiting the cell. Crouching down beside Saul, she continued to fuss at his lock until he too was free. "Finally," he said, relieved, giving her a quick half-hug as he moved out to the hall.

"We can leave now," she said, looking to the younger man. "But we must be quiet, and we must be calm."
"Of course," Saul whispered, winking at her as he turned to head down to the door standing between him and freedom once again. Letting him go ahead to check on the guards, Remina stayed back with the stranger.

GoblinFae

Benjamin watched the other man leave, feeling tense to have been left in the sole presence of the frightening jail-breaker. He speculated as to whether or not she would let him live after dragging him unwillingly out of the cell. 'If she did,' he finally surmised, 'I am not going to like the final outcome. She'll probably torture me so badly I will wish she had killed me. And then once I die, oh poor mother. All she'll get of me is a finger or something. That is how it's done, right? Cut off something recognizable and let that be the end of it. How she'll mourn me too. I just hope she doesn't go on tell how I was as a child in my eulogy. Oh Kia PLEASE don't let her humiliate me like that!'

The nobleman continued with his musings, unconsciously beginning to pace about the length of the small cell. He completely forgot his surroundings as he became wrapped up in the horror of his mother's mourning his foretold passing.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Unaware of the wild thoughts running rampant in the young man's mind, Remina watched impatiently as he paced within the cell. She waited for a few, heavy moments, but he didn't even seem to notice that she was still there. Knowing they didn't have much time to make their escape, she flashed her fangs at him again and growled quietly and just enough to send her usually smooth hair poofing slightly for her frazzled nerves.

"Come on," she whispered angrily, entirely breaking the sense of calm she had insisted upon just moments before. "Or do I need to drag you out? Because I will, but I'd rather not have to. What part of we're leaving don't you get? We. Are. Leaving. Now!"

GoblinFae

He blinked in surprise at the angry woman, having completely forgotten his surroundings and the occupants of the room for a moment. Then, Benjamin stamped his foot in frustration at being interrupted. "I was thinking!" he growled back. "You don't interrupt a man when he's thinking! What are you, stupid? Can't you see I'm busy?" he grumbled, attempting to resume his pacing.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Not expecting him to act out in frustration, Remina was startled, annoyed, and then amused by his childish attitude. "I don't interrupt a man when he's thinking?" she repeated sarcastically, thinking the mere notion absolutely ridiculous for a demon to follow. "You're not going to be busy when you're dead at your own fault!" she warned him, catching the confused look of Saul through the small opening in the door.

Knowing they probably didn't have much time, she lunged at him and roughly grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt to drag him out of the wretched cell he didn't seem capable of being quiet in. "You will not ruin this for us just because you want to ruin it for yourself," she hissed, yanking him close to look him face-to-face for a moment in warning before she dragged him down the hall to the door that would lead to their freedom. "If you make one more sound, you are dead."

GoblinFae

Benjamin could not believe that his words were being thrown back at him. Did this woman not understand the need for a man to have time to think? He was working. He was planning and plotting. No one interrupts him in that process. Yet, this wench had managed to do so twice in a matter of minutes.

He nearly protested the fact until she got uncomfortably close to his face and started to snarl at him. The nobleman could do nothing but stare there wide-eyed and slack-jawed. Even if he wanted to speak, he would not have been able to. Her desire for his silence caused a strangled squeak to escape him and he began to wonder silently if that actually counted.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Satisfied with him for now, she hissed an angry, "Thank you," before she pushed through the door, quietly pulled him across the lobby past the sleeping guards, and then slipped outside into the cool night air. She didn't stop there, though. With a glance to Saul, she peeled off to the left as he went right with the silent promise between them to meet up when this matter was resolved.

Still dragging him along by his shirt, Remina kept to the shadows as much as possible as she put several streets between them and the jail before she stopped to rest in an alley to listen. There was nothing, though, no obvious pursuit that she could hear, at least for the moment. Her worries weren't over yet, though. Turning narrowed eyes upon him, she growled softly as she tried to maintain her temper. "Why were you in jail?" she demanded.

GoblinFae

The nobleman was far from thrilled as he was dragged from street to street by the hand that cruelly mauled his favorite shirt. His amethyst eyes glared down at it with such concentration that had Benjamin had more magic he might have been able to make it spontaneously combust as he so desperately desired.

Alas though he could only set it aflame in his mind's eye all the while cursing her lack of manners complete disrespect for other people's property. He was so intent on his thoughts that he did not notice they were stopping until he literally ran headlong into the woman's side.

He blushed in embarrassment and made to apologize before remembering her desire for his silence and her strange way of gaining it. His jaw clanked shut with a snap of teeth as his eyes bulged with repressed words even as she queried him.

Benjamin pressed his lips firmly together and scowled. There was a slight pause as he regained his composure before finally answered. "I was there for my safety," he hissed out. "Of course that is all for naught now that you have removed me from there. "Now that makes me your," he growled, jabbing a finger towards her chest, " responsibility to protect since you were so intent on removing me from the security of three stone walls and irons bars. What were you even thinking?!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Remina couldn't believe what she was hearing. Was he truly that crazy? To think he was in jail for his own protection? Surely he didn't think her that dull. Or perhaps he was truly that delusional and self-centered. She was going to bet on the latter as she stared down at the finger pointing at her that hovered just barely away from touching.

"I was thinking you were going to alert the guards the moment I got my friend out, and I was curious about why they locked you up," she said calmly, shrugging as she turned her back on him as she began to scale the side of one of the buildings they were standing between to get a better vantage point and figure out just where they were. "What exactly am I to protect you from? Are you afraid something will snatch you up in the night?" she called down teasingly.

GoblinFae

"Hey. Hey!" he called after her, scrambling to the wall to yell up at her better. "You can't just leave me here like this. It's all your fault I need protection anyway. If you hadn't gotten in the way of that crazy thief of a merchant none of this would have happened.:

The nobleman huffed irritably while resisting the urge to stomp his foot. "Of course I have concerns about being mugged or even murdered by being out on the streets after dark. I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for your forceful insistence that I vacate my sanctuary. It is for this reason among others that you must now ensure my safety until morning when I will readily and speedily return to the captain of the guard and explain this entire debacle with the heinous woman. Now come down this instant. I refuse to shout up at you any longer like some animal."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Atop the building she finally got a clear view of the moon and the few landmarks she was looking for. Listening out for anything amiss that might hinder their progress through the city, she winced at his highly unnecessary yelling. He certainly was not someone who belonged in the darkness, or at least she thought him far too young to even know how to properly conduct himself and avoid being noticed or killed.

"Shh!" she hissed down at him, turning to glare down over her shoulder before quickly getting her bearings again and heading down the wall to the squalling little man. "I pity your life if you consider prison a sanctuary," she whispered, praying he would accept her example and follow it. "You should learn it quickly that the jail and its guards are not your friends or you'll never survive out here. They would gladly leave you to starve and die and abuse you like some unwanted, stray alley cat along the way," she told him bitterly.

"If you refuse to let me return you to your parents then you will be remain under my own watch until you will let me do so. I don't need some foolish boy running to the guards again. Now tell me," she sighed, firmly setting a hand to his shoulder as she turned to start walking. "Where do you live?" 

GoblinFae

Benjamin glared in silence, completely disbelieving her claims concerning the local authorities. After all, how could those meant to serve and protect be the ones to cause pain and trouble instead? This fool woman just had to have been wrong. No-good-doers usually were considering they often fell on the wrong side of the law anyway. She was probably just bitter because her client ended up behind bars. Come morning Benjamin would be sure to be on his way back to explain things in full to the captain of the guard. Surely he would understand the trying circumstances the nobleman had been through of late.

"My parents?" he sputtered quizzically, his arms falling to his sides. "What? What? You can't take me to my mother! I'm not just some wayward child that needs to be returned home madam! I am-hey! I am not a boy! I am a full-grown man I'll have you know!" he cried out, puffing up to appear bigger all the while failing miserably given his string-bean form.

"I'm not telling you where I live! The last thing I need is you harassing me and my mother with demands for money and other," Benjamin waved his hands about, unable to find a word that could truly describe what he wanted to say. Finally he gave up with a huff and a very child-like glare. "Not a boy."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Remina smirked at his protests, though his accusations did sting. She tried to keep it lighthearted as she was convinced he was nothing but a rebellious teenager. "I don't need your money," she laughed, still maintaining a solid hold on him. "Nor do I want it or anything else from you or your family. I support myself and have my own, I have no need to steal," she announced somewhat proudly.

Noticing his glare she rolled her eyes and took his partial cue. "I don't need any trouble caused by a particular young man and you will be escorted home and your mother will be informed of your misdoings, understand?

"Since you won't tell me why you were arrested I'm only going to assume and tell your mother the worst things I can imagine you'd be in for. Would you like that or are you just going to tell me the truth? Enough of this protection nonsense."

GoblinFae

The nobleman snorted and shook his head. "As if! I highly doubt you'll walk all the way to my home and tell my mother such lies. You'd give up before you even made it a quarter of the way. Besides," he added off-handedly, nose in air and hands behind his now turned back. "It's not like my mother would believe you anyway. Her baby boy can do no wrong in her eyes."

Benjamin paused for a moment before realizing what he said. His eyes snapped wide open as he stumbled to correct himself. "Not of course that I am a baby or a boy for that matter anymore but you know how it is, have to indulge the elderly and all that." He shrugged his shoulders and made a tsking sound.

"There is no truth to tell you anyways. I already told you it and you didn't listen. Not my fault if your ears don't work. Your debt to me is to be paid off by ensuring my safety until morning. Afterwards our dealings cease and we will never see each other again, hopefully," he added as an aside under his breath.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

His stubbornness was annoying, but she was convinced she could get him to crack, especially when he was already making so many slip-ups in her eyes. "I have no debt to you," she reminded him sharply. "I am merely being kind to a clearly troubled youth and covering my tracks.

"Now don't test me, alright? Things will go much smoother for you if you'd just tell me where you live. A street, a business nearby, anything," she insisted, not willing to let him off so easily. "Besides, I highly doubt you'd find your accommodations agreeable if you'd prefer my protection to your mother's for the night."

GoblinFae

"You have a very big debt to me if you don't want your little boy-toy returning to spending his days in that cold, dingy cell! Remember that I am the victim here! You have caused me so much trouble the least you can do is repay for the damage you have cost me. I ask for so little at that!"

He huffed and puffed, shuffling his feet and shaking his head grumpily before finally coming to an abrupt stop. A slow smile formed on his lips that quickly formed into that of the Cheshire Cat. "Well if you insist I tell you. My house is in Serendipity, the Fallial province to be exact. Now if that isn't specific enough for you I don't know what is. Aren't I generous?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She could only laugh at his ridiculous claims, especially of Saul and her supposed debt to him. "What debt could I possibly owe to you?" Silence fell upon her, though, as he told her he lived in Fallial. "In Serendipity?" she repeated, slowly going wide-eyed as she worked to map the distance in her head. "How on earth did you travel from Fallial?" she questioned, not thinking him capable enough to figure out the roads for himself.

GoblinFae

Benjamin rolled his eyes and sighed. "Are you so daft woman that you don't understand the basic premises of travel? Or perhaps have you just never been out of the city? Well you see most people take a horse or a carriage and travel. Some even walk to where they are headed. Some go with wagons and some even fly. It all depends on which method you fancy. Personally it was a bit of a mix of everything. Although the flying bit wasn't really intentional..."

He trailed off blushing before making himself busy by brushing bits of leftover straw from the jail cell off of his coat. "It was rather simple really. Anyone can travel you know. Just need to know where you are and where you are headed and thankfully I knew both of those quite well."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Remina sputtered, trying to catch him before he carried on and on about it and inform him that she did indeed know what travel was and did so frequently, but she was unsuccessful. "I am not daft nor unfortunate enough to have never traveled, sir" she informed him, a bit offended at his explanation, though it did make her a bit curious about his seemingly strange methods.

"Thank you for that, but it is unnecessary. I just was impressed that someone so young could travel such a distance alone, or perhaps you weren't alone... But how did you fly?" she wondered. joking, "Do you have some dragon you're hiding somewhere?"

GoblinFae

Benjamin did not catch the sarcasm in her voice, instead thinking it to be sincerity. He smiled at last getting what he deemed as the respect he deserved. That smile soon faded as a scowl and a crimson flush flooded his face all the way to the roots of his fiery hair.

"There was a bit of a mishap on the border and a change of plans occurred rather unexpectedly," he muttered, his eyes shifting to the side as he tried to avoid elaborating on the answer. "Are you done now? I would much like to get indoors if you don't mind. It's rather chilly out."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]