Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Searching for Something(Ycharley)

Started by alex_xr, December 02, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

" Yes! " She was excited  that meant she was  in fine shape.  She had no problem with it.  It was fair as well, wondering how much they might make adventuring, she didn't know much about the money one could make, but she was sure it was plenty.  She dropped 5 gold pieces in his hand without a second thought.  This was going to be a great day.  she just had a feeling.

Ycharley

Tyr slipped the gold into his coin purse. "The inn is up the road, just around and beyond that corner," Tyr said pointing. He half expected her to take off running like a child, but also wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. He was ready to go in the inn, had a strong drink and take off his armor, it would feel good to let the wound breath.

alex_xr

Aira laughed as she saw the inn, imagining the bed.  "I can't wait! "  She also knew that she would have to find armor and stuff, and wasn't looking forward to it.  Armor was no fun getting fitted for women. Men had it easy.  She also knew that  it would be fun shopping and trading. The whole idea filled her with excitement.  She looked at  Tyr and ran ahead,  ordering a room and dumping her stuff.  She was glad to be in a room again.

Ycharley

Tyr got himself a room before finding Aira, "Would you like me to go with you to find armor, wouldn't want the smith to get to handsy the first time you were in town," He replied with a slight chuckle at the thought. He knew the people there feared him, so if they thought anything at all existed between them, most wouldn't even look too long. Tyr leaned against the door frame heavily, contemplating what drink he was going to get from the tavern.

alex_xr

Aira thought about it and then decided that he would know better than her so why not. " Of course, I don't see why not.  I think it would work out well.  She let him lead the way, not wanting to have to pick the smith they went to and such. She was rather unskilled in that area.  It was all new to her and she was excited.  This was the beginning to a important time.

Ycharley

Tyr seemed to know exactly where she was going, a female smith from Connloath. She was a strong broad women with red hair. When she say Tyr she smiled, it was clear that they were friends. "I need your lightest armor for this girl, and mend mine," He asked straight away. Tyr handed the women his chest plate and she took it, laying it in a shake. She then turned and looked at Aira, seeming to judge her sizing mentally.

alex_xr

Aira looked at the smith.  Wondering what was going on in her mind, waiting to see what she needed to do, Aira turned when instructed and  then prepared for any other measurements.  Aira hadn't done this in a long time, She still didn't see why she needed armor but here she was buying some.  " I can put some spells in any armor you need" She offered randomly.. it just seemed like a good thing to say.  Aira was no good a this.

Ycharley

"I don't put magic in any armor, if my clients want magic in there armor, they have to do it themselves," The women replied only taking two measurements. She walked into her for forge returning with a part leather part light plate armor.
"This should work best for your build and purpose, unless you you plan on becoming a battle mage, then you will need something heavier," The smith started.
Tyr walked to the armor, looking it over. plate armor over the shoulder to the collarbone, then harden leather for the beast plate, then plate armor starting back just before the rib cage ended. He nodded, it would work best for her.

alex_xr

" Why do battle mages need heavier armor? " She had always thought they used armor like this . She looked it over,  wondering what magic she could put in it. She wished she was by the smith that made her sword, She looked at it, noting its magic.  Well you got what you got it would seem. She would wait till her question was answered before the gold came out.  She liked the look of it she supposed,  but was hoping for lighter armor still, It wasn't elven that was sure she thought, elegant, light and supple. It was too much to ask for in a village such as this.

Ycharley

"So they can take a hit without falling to the ground, half dead," The women said simply.
Tyr seemed to grow frustrated, the look on the girls face had struck one of his nerves. He turned, leaving her there, he bought himself a shirt before stopping at the tavern, buying himself several bottles of strong alcohol before returning to his room.

He was starting to doubt he wan't to work with the girl. She was like every other elf he had met, thinking that they are above everything, that if its not elvish its some how not at good. He gulped down some of  the alcohol before he began to remove his armor. 

alex_xr

Aira sighed and gave the woman her gold and learned how to wear it.  She didn't know how she felt about it.  But it was what it was.  Aira would just have to be on the look out for better armor.  She bought some pants, to wear with it, and  moved around.  Aira found a place to pratice,  and moved around, It wasn't as free she was use to but she adjusted. She ordered food and took it to her room.  Where  she took off the armor and went to bed, shortly after eating.  She  dreaded the morning.

Ycharley

Tyr considered leaving the girl there in the morning, he would be able to get a lot more done a lot faster by his self, plus he would get all of the loot he found. He cleaned out his wound slowly, flinching a bit as he did. He continued to drink through out that day, finishing off all be his last bottle in an hour. It was getting rather late and he knew that. So he left the last bottle, saving it for another time and climbing in the bed.

alex_xr

Aira was out of it, Her reverie didn't want to end. Even though she didn't need to rest for so long she was going to take advantage of the nice bed she happened to be reverieing in. It wasn't often she got to enjoy the comfort and safety of an bed.  Her armor discarded on the floor somewhere and her pack and such hidden somewhere in the room she was content, and didn't plan on moving until she had to.

Ycharley

Tye woke up early that morning just like he always He looked at his wounds, they actually didn't look that bad. He washed off in the basin in the room,  running the water through his hair with a sigh, this was nice, but because of his job he didn't see very many luxuries. In way though, his job made him appreciate more. He put on his clean shirt followed by the chainmail and armor before heading to Aira's room.

alex_xr

Aira ignored the sun and  the morning and kept to her reverie. She didn't want to get out and in her armor.  Staying in the bed she was intent on lounging  until she had to leave.  yes she was being selfish a bit but she didn't want to go yet. She wanted to relax and enjoy the morning. As it was probably the last one she would have in a while.

Ycharley

Tyr knocked on the door, "You have ten minutes, if your not ready, it was nice to meet you, if you are, I'll be waiting in front of the inn," He stated simply. He didn't care ether way, if she showed up she would be able to go with him, and learn the trade. If she didn't, well, she would probably go home with her loot.

alex_xr

She put on a undershirt that was still rather exposing and tried to put on her armor but it didn't happen. She sighed at her lack of skill to latch a couple straps.  She grabbed everything else and came down in front, blushing but still trying to hold her pride as she approached in just her under shirt. "Can you... Help me please?" She smiled sheeplishy knowing she must seem patheic.   " I don't quite get the straps yet. "  She put on what she could and turned around hoping he would help with the strap.

Ycharley

Tyr raised an eyebrow, before sighing. He then began to buckle the straps, explaining each one as he did so. When he finished he slapped her on the back rather roughly, "that would have hurt if he didn't have armor on," he said simply. He then began to walk out of the building clearly expecting her to follow.

alex_xr

Aira hunched over as he hit her on the back, the force still hitting her.  which she then proceeded to follow him.  She still wasn't use to the stiffness of the armor.  she much prefered the free flowing of her dress.  But she  would have to live with it, she moved around her arms a bit, trying to get use to the idea of wearing the armor.  She wasn't sure she liked the idea of this anymore.

Ycharley

"The more you wear it the looser it gets, it takes a little while to break in new armor. It's a hassle, but worth it, trust me," Tyr spoke as if reading her mind. "With in a week or two you won't even be able to tell the difference. Plus, I would rather you wear that and be a little stuff for a while then have a cut up, afpoe filled apprentice. I was much like you when I was younger, that's when I got most of my scars. So learn from my experience," Tyr continued to speak.