Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jar of Hearts {M}

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

'Great. He probably thinks I'm crying over him,' Megrin thought with a roll of her eyes and brush of her tears.

"Listen blondie,"s he said, turning around angrily before she froze, not realizing he was so close behind her before she composed herself and gave a shake of her head. "I didn't ask for your help or sympathy. You got your damn soul now, aren't you happy?"
Really, why else would he have actually returned.
'Don't tell me blonde-boy is trying to grow  a heart,' she thought bitterly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Caius raised a brow and shrugged.  "I guess that remains to be seen.  People like us don't just become 'happy'  I can tell that by your face.  I know you shouldn't cry for yourself like that.  I stopped doing it a long time ago and you dont seem like the person to keep on doing it.  But....that's not it isn't it?  It's something else that weighs heavy on whatever's left of your heart."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Was this guy for real? Why was he bothering to press this issue. Her lips curled at his words as she turned away, arms folded over her chest.
"I'm a soul thief," she corrected. "Not heartless." That was why her master used her, after all.
With a roll of her eyes, she tried to brush away her tears. "And how is it a concern to you? It's not like it matters to our kind."
And there she was, lumping him into the same category as herself. Ugh.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Inadvertently...you almost are," Cai said softly.  He sat down beside her and just looked her over, the way her long hair billowed out around her head.  It was softer than the wind, and was covered in dirt and brambles.  "But that's not what I meant anyhow.  You don't want my explanations I'm sure.  I guess I'll go now.  Are you sure you don't want to talk?  Hm...I guess, I really am just a nuisance.  Sorry, again."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Megrin shook her head at his first set of words, but then turned to him suddenly at his last.
And despite herself, she actually cracked a smile. Looking away, she simply shook her head and tried brushing back her tears.

"Look, don't worry about it, blondie." she brushed yet another tear away, still smiling. "Your not the one who made me cry anyway."

Lion

Caius nodded to her.  "I know.  It must be somebody who hurt your, or you hurt.  People don't cry like that unless it's something deeply personal.  And we are not personal."  He smiled a little, a crooked grin that touched just the corner of his mouth as he reached out a hand and brushed a hair out of her face.  "Are you sure you don't want me to take you town?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And there was her darn smile again, despite her not wanting to. She gave  husked laugh through barely opened lips as she turned away, shaking her head.

"Maybe just years of being forced with this job just gets to a person." Though she froze at his question. Was he really STILL trying to help her. She sighed.  "What does it matter if I walk or you take me to town. Besides.. I think you keep forgetting your dog-beast hates me." she said, gesturing to Baal.

Lion

"Baal hates everyone.  Sometimes I'm sure he would hate me if he could.  But he is sworn into my service as it is.  It's not all bad, though.  Besides walking sure is slower than riding.  You don't look like you slept very well at all.  I'm not here to harm you, why do you keep refusing me?  What could it hurt if I brought you to town?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin slowly closed her mouth, thinking over his question as she sighed and looked sourly away with a shrug.
"When does helping someone not hurt me. Are you forgetting I'm a soul thief?" then she paused and observed him. "What are you anyway? And I don't think I ever caught your name."

Lion

"I don't know what you imply with soul thief other than the obvious.  But whatever your powers are, you can't hurt me.  Nothing really can.  I'm already dead, can't you tell?  Well, if you want a ride, I suggest you get on.  Can't stand around all day crying."  Caius stood up and stalked over to the wolf-dog and climbed onto his back, reaching down to take her hand if she wanted to climb up.

"You  made it pretty clear you don't want to know me, but the least I can do is give you a ride."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin smirked and took his hand. So he wished to remain anonymous?
"Ok, I'll just keep calling you blondie." And her grin grew.

OOC: A MORNING OF SHORT POSTS

Lion

"I have a feeling, even if I told you my name, you'd still call me blondie.  It makes no difference," Cai said with a shrug and nudged Baal to go off in the direction they intended.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, it's much shorter than my original thoughts of you, which were tall, blonde and stupid." she smirked at her joke, but who knew if it was too early for that. But really, did she care? Megrin let people know what she was thinking, her tongue sharper than a knife at times. But she had a lot of shit to cut through, and now being forced into servitude as a soul thief, she had even more reasons to be miserable, untrusting, and short of tongue. But for now, she might as well enjoy this. Blondie had a point, so maybe this time she would listen.

Lion

"It doesn't bother me," Cai shrugged.  "I've gotten worse names than that from those far worse than you.  Your opinions will always be you own.  And I can respect that." Cai kept on in siilence wondering just what about her that made her so damn bitter.  But what did he know?  Unlike her he had the freedom to roam as he pleased as long as he kept returning souls to the Underworld.  "What exactly is a soul thief?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin rolled her eyes.
"Maybe you're not aware of my kind. Do you really want enlightened?"s he had a feeling he would, so she just went on. Shrugging, she said, "Well, really a soul thief is the adorable little nickname my master calls what I do." she said sarcastically. "He's taken my soul, using it against me in order to have me capture a certain type of soul for him. He made my body like some sort of soul vessel, since mine is technically not apart of my body, and it's more or less in soem cage somewhere, or probably in Akh-meht's stomach." She made a face at the idea. "He realized the potential to steal souls from those of hte living by using a soulless, living human being. So in a sense, I steal living souls." Then the more she thought it over, she began to realize... did he collect dead souls? And the more she thought about her job, the more she hated herself.
"And it's a horrible job, if you must know. And my master finds me quite valuable. THough I must say, even I'm surprised he has not come to get me yet."
Little did she realize he didn't want himself exposed quite yet to the likes of Caius, yet he was still watching their every waking move.

Lion

"Oh," Caius muttered with a bit of a shudder.  But it wasn't the thought of it that gave him chills.  It was the fact that there were such creatures that would capture people to do that.  So did that make her living or dead?  Or was she caught somewhere in that halfway place?  "That does put you in  a bit of a bind doesn't it.  Well I guess we aren't too far apart But we are not the same.  So how do you go about stealing these living souls?  They can't come to you willingly."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As Caius asked more questions about her, inquiring about her method, any smile she might have been wearing faded away. Her method.. it required heart, love.. and deception. And it was breaking her down from the inside out.

"You don't want to know," she muttered. And she didn't want to say it, cause she felt so guillty for it that it made her wish that hell hound would have torn her apart.

Lion

"Well if I didn't want to know I wouldnNt have asked," Caius admitted.  "But you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.  Baal said there were things about you that I shouldn't know.  I guess that's it then."  He shrugged nonchalantly.  "I guess that is why you were crying then."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin frowned. How was it this man's dog seemed to know a lot about her? Or, at least that's what was implied. It didn't sit well with her, nor the fact if it was obedient to the man, that it didn't share the facts it knew. Sighing, she rested her chin against Cai's shoulder, but she said nothing to deny or agree with his statement.

"If you want, you can just drop me off here. I can see the next town just up ahead." Though in all honesty, it was still a ways off, just barely becoming a dot on the horizon. But she was in no mood to humor Caius any longer.

Lion

"No, I think I'll keep riding.  We don't have to talk about you anymore.  My name is Caius.  But I've been called Cai most of my lofe by people who knew me best.  I was a paladin before dying.  Something strange happened to me.  I'm not sure why but it's all I really remember.  I was reborn to serve Valgrin as her Soul Keeper.  Now that's what I do.  That's all I do."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn