Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Head hunting. [ALE-ALEJANDROOO~!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, July 03, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Axieva twitched, leveling a scowl at him when he agreed that she stank.

"Just because I said that does not mean that you must agree," she growled, but there was the hint of a smirk there, as though she were teasing him. Tossing her braid over her shoulder, she glanced skyward, noting that it was cloudless. "How would you 'freshen' it if not with water?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"With the wind."

Rit smiled at her and with a little twitch of a finger, fragrant flowers sprouted and bloomed all around Axieva. A gentle breeze came in and swept through her clothes, her hair, sweeping the stink of the human city away from her. It picked up the scent of the flowers and bathed her in it. If flowers weren't to her liking, he could give her ocean breeze and sunshine, or perhaps summer rain and clover. Rit gave Axieva a smug half-grin, and a wink.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

That was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Axieva didn't mind water, but she hadn't particularly felt like getting rained on, either. Drying off was always a chore, especially when it came to her thick hair.

But having a sweet-smelling breeze sweep over her, overwhelming the stink of human? Axieva closed her eyes and breathed the flower-scent in deeply, and when it was over, it was over too soon. Eyes opening again, she took another deep breath and was pleased to find that she did, indeed, smell cleaner, and that the floral scent still lingered in her hair.

"Mm, well, that answered my question satisfactorily," she said with a grin, running her fingers through the ends of her braid. She looked up at him then, eyes squinted as though studying him, and then she nodded to herself.

"Yes. I have decided I am glad I kept you," she concluded. "You are very useful."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Rit couldn't help laughing at her remark. Keep him? Such a notion was delightful even if it was absurd. It was pleasant to be liked. Over millenia he had been liked, and loved, by many. He had even landed a few worshipers, though he tried to avoid that. The numbers of those that hated him, and spat at the mention of his name like a curse were also innumerable. But each fresh relationship was just as warm, each new rivalry bitter. Axieva was a pleasant diversion from the usual drawn out assessment of a civilization that he did. Eventually he'd get around to it even here, but not yet.

"I'm glad you kept me as well," he smiled and leaned back as if there was a cushion there that he was lounging against. "And this relationship started with you eating me," he smiled wider at that. "I'm at your whim lovely Xieva. What do you have planned for us next?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Perhaps that is why I am keeping you," Axieva said with a cool grin that bore many sharp teeth. "That you cannot die, and can come back from being eaten...that is convenient for me. Prey can be hard to find."

But judging from her expression, that was just more Axieva-brand teasing. Truth be told, the idea of eating something living disturbed her, and she still couldn't quite wrap her head around what had happened with Rit.

Watching him lounge back at his leisure, Axieva rubbed her chin in thought. "I plan little," she finally said, "but we will need shelter for tonight, and a meal. And I will need to find a new bounty soon. For a human, one that does not need to be alive or whole."

Tapping her chin, she looked up at Rit curiously. "You are not bothered by my need to kill?"

Aeytrious

"Nah," Rit said simply. He smirked at Axieva's teasing, her teeth would have off put most mortals, but Rit was timeless. He stretched out his legs and floated down to lay in the air just above the flowers. No use crushing them after he had just made them. "You kill to eat, not for the pleasure of the kill." He turned his head to better look at Axieva. "You enjoy the hunt, and you enjoy catching your prey, but the kill itself does not give you pleasure. Just the success of executing your skills expertly. There is a great difference between killing purely for sport, and out of necessity."

Rit rolled onto his side and rotated out of Axieva's way. No use getting kicked if she decided to get moving. "Anything we need I can create. Or we can do it the old fashioned way if you prefer. I have no preference and all the time in the world. If you get really hungry, I can always let you eat me again." Rit gave her a wink, hoping that joke would elicit a decent reply.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva wrinkled her nose and stuck out her tongue at that joke, a little shudder going through her. "No. Once was enough," she said and, with a grimace, she pat her belly. It still felt odd to think that she had had his flesh inside her even with him sitting right there, talking to her, alive...

That did messed up things to her mind!

His assessment of her, however, had surprised her, and she found herself eying him in a different light. He understood. He actually got it, thinking like one of her kind, even. Slowly, gradually, he was moving from being a strange but interesting and sometimes frightening creature to keep around to being an actual individual that she could, and did, respect. He wasn't afraid of her, and he understood how she operated, and that was...

Surprisingly refreshing. As much as she was loath to admit it, she missed her clan and her people--and in all her travels, Rit was the closest she had found to them.

But that was embarrassing, so she kept it to herself and, instead, focused on more immediate needs.

"So since I will not be eating you, you said you can provide food? Shelter?"

Aeytrious

"Of course," Rit smiled gently at Axieva, "I can move you across the world with ease. Food and shelter are just as simple a thing. Much easier than the black tower I created or the meal I shared with you by the hot spring I created." He considered constructing a building there, out of nothing at all. It was a bit close to town though, and it was a bit too open for his taste.

"How about you find a place you would normally find suitable for shelter and I will modify it," he tilted, floating up into a standing position then. Once we're settled I can provide us with any meal you desire. Unless of course you'd prefer the hunt." He didn't mind hunting, but with a wave of his hand he could create a feast for all of Zantaric.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva pondered that for a moment. She didn't much like the idea of eating his strange, magic food--the green stuff had been terrible and she was not likely to forget that experience! But the day was growing late and, truth be told, she was tired. It had been a long day of hunting, encountering Rit (and nearly having a breakdown when he'd made that tower), stalking her bounty, and then bringing it back here--even if they had taken a shortcut.

She enjoyed the hunt and enjoyed fresh, bloody meat, but now that she'd stopped moving for ten seconds, the weariness of the day had caught up to her.

She hated laziness, but...

Looking up at Rit, who was still being a show-off, floating in the air like that, she turned and started walking, waving at him to follow. "Shelter first, yes? If I see something on the way that is edible, I'll kill it then," she said, starting into the withering, dingy forest that lay near Zantaric. She had slept in that wood many times, and long ago had found an old cave that had been some large animal's burrow at some point.

It would be their sleeping spot tonight, whether or not something else had already claimed it.

Aeytrious

Rit followed Axieva closely, walking normally for once. He looked around at the land they were passing through. The fields and forest around Zantaric were bleak. The foliage was sparse and dingy, the bark falling from the trees. It was as if the vile hue of the city bled into the surrounding landscape. It was unlikely that anything could be grown in the putrid soil of this land. The orange zinnia flowers he had brought to life were a rare splash of color.

This Universe threatened the existence of the Multiverse. The solution would normally be to destroy it. The Creator however had told Ritousaey that he could not, that he must find a way to balance this Universe without destruction. Rit followed the lines of cause to this world. Blurred from his vision by the presence of his own future, Rit knew that he would spend thousands upon thousands of years on this planet. Zantaric was a great source of darkness within this world. It held caustic energies that would cause evil to spread across the land someday. Destroying it outright was not the answer though. He needed to direct some of the evil to eliminate each other and bring a touch of hope to the land. Nothing worked to bring hope like beauty and life. So he made his first move toward stopping the horrible future this land would have as they walked.

From his footsteps spread new life. The grass and brush began to grow thick and green. The sickly animals and insects that were there grew strong and multiplied. The soil became fertile the land bountiful. The few struggling farmers would find that their crops would produce better this harvest than in any other. Rit's presence here changed the land from desolate to nearly a paradise. The changes spread out from him like ripples from each of his footfalls, in all directions. Axieva would not only see the changes, but feel them as well. She would feel younger, stronger, and be filled with energy. Anyone else caught in the flow of energy would receive the same. The energy would be temporary, only lasting an hour or two. The youth, and the strength, were real however, just as the animals of the forest grew stronger. Rit could here the buzz of bees spreading the pollen of the plants, and was pleased. He wondered how long it would be until they reached the shelter that Axieva sought, and how she would respond to his revitalization of this land.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

The cave was not far from the village; just far enough to be a comfortable distance from people, but not far enough away as to be inconvenient for work purposes. They had almost made it there when...everything begun to change.

Everything grew greener, more vibrant.

But the change went deeper, too, for she no longer felt so tired, and...

She turned, throwing Rit a look over her shoulder, because she just knew he was the culprit. Whenever strange things happened, it was him. And after that debacle in the tower, she was coming to accept that more and more. This? This she could handle, more than anything else he had done. She didn't get this magic, or really magic in general; her people weren't mages. But this was something more within her range of understanding, because she had seen mages manipulate nature before.

...Just perhaps not to this extent.

"You just cannot help but meddle, no?" she asked as they walked, a wry smile on her lips. "Not that I complain."

Because not only was the forest now beautiful, but the fresh vegetation had brought game with it, hungry-but-energized animals venturing from their burrows to nibble at the fragrant plants. Unable to help herself, she plucked a zinnia flower and breathed its scent in deeply, then grinned and began to pick some more.

"We do not have these where I come from. Not these ones," she said, gathering a small armful of the blossoms and leaving the stems attached.

"Flowers bloom very..." She paused, trying to find the word. Failing, she shrugged. "They bloom very shortly there. Come!" And when she was satisfied that she had enough, she lead the rest of the way to the tiny cave, which was nestled in a mound by the stream's bank.

Aeytrious

Axieva seemed pleased with the changes Rit had made. It was a much better response than her panicking and sicking up, much better by far. Her enjoyment of the flowers he had brought to life, made him happy as well.

"I am here precisely to meddle," he said with a smile, "and the flowers are not from this world. There are some that are very similar, but these are not native. This particular flower comes from the world I first called home."

He followed her to the cave, noting the stream nearby. Perhaps their next meal could be caught rather than be materialized from universal energy. Just because he was more powerful than any being to ever come to this world didn't mean he couldn't make more of an attempt to live like the locals.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Not of this world...?" Axieva said, staring down at the flowers. That would explain why she'd never seen any in Zantaric! Though the other acceptable explanation would be flowers didn't really bloom in this area.

Taking another deep whiff of the blossoms, Axieva lead the way into the cave, where she deposited the flowers. She would deal with them later. Then she headed back outside and looked up at Rit.

"I will find food. Come if you want, or stay. Your choice." And then, brisk as ever, she headed for the stream.

Her intent had been to drink from it before looking for prey, but as she went to the water's edge, she noticed something she hadn't noticed before: fish. And not measly little guppies, but a much larger kind, enough to make a meal of. Drawing her dagger, she crouched at the water's edge, watching intently, short tail twitching with anticipation, and darted like a viper when one swam too close.

Her knife flashed like a spear, stabbing the creature, and with a little more patience and waiting, she soon had two.

She carried both back to the cave. While she knew Rit didn't need her food, because he could just magic up his own, she had started to accept him as hers and not Other, which at least meant that she ought to feed him. It was habit. You fed what was yours.

"Found fish," she announced, dropping both to the cave floor.

Aeytrious

Rit had not been idle in the time Axieva was out looking for food. Instead of his usual conjuring up of food, he had stepped out of time to find supplies nearby that he could make use of. He found a bush of some sort of peppers that were like jalapeño's, some wild onions, wild russet potatoes, and a few large bird eggs. He had an idea for a great snack, but he would have to magic up some of the necessary items. When Axieva returned he was deep frying hush puppies in peanut oil. She had brought her fresh catch of fish. Looked like bowfin, only a bit brighter. Maybe they'd taste less muddy, closer to catfish. They looked perfect for cajun fried fish cakes. Rit somehow doubted that Xieva would be up for that. She preferred her food raw. He was hoping she'd like the hush puppies though. They weren't too spicy, and didn't have any ingredients that would bite at her sensitive nose, but they had no meat in them.

"Sounds awesome," he turned as she dropped the fish on the cave floor. He had been tempted to spruce the place up, make it more like a fancy suite. It was Axieva's space though, and he didn't want to take too many liberties. He handed her a plate with some russet fries and two hush puppies along with a thousand island dipping sauce. Then he reached for one of the fish and began preparing it for the fish cakes. He'd let Axieva try it before he made the other one into the same thing, and he'd be sure to keep all the spare parts of the fish. Rit had a feeling she was a big fan of fish heads.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Of course he hadn't been idle. Axieva should have expected no less! As she'd said, he was a meddler.

But this meddling smelled rather interesting, and she sniffed the air, trying to pick out all the different smells and crinkling her nose at the spicier notes. Her attention was only drawn form her investigation when he handed her a plate of strange food.

She brought it to her nose and sniffed at it. It was...not meat, clearly, but though a large part of her diet was meat, she wasn't an obligate carnivore. Curious, she took a seat and lifted one of the hush puppies, turning it in her fingers to examine it. Then she took a tentative bite, chewed it with her face scrunched as though trying to decide what she thought about it, and swallowed it down. "Hmm..."

Setting that aside, she nibbled at a fry, expression just as thoughtful. It was different. Very different than what she was used to, but not bad. The sauce, however, she gave a wary look and didn't touch. Instead, she pointed at it and lifted an eyebrow.

"Will this burn?" After her experience with the green stuff, she no longer trusted Rit's sauces.

Aeytrious

Rit laughed at the question. After Axieva's run in with wasabi he should have know that that would be her main concern. He decided then that his fish cakes would be very mild. Almost no spicy at all, and he'd turn the fish guts into a raw purée sauce that she could spread on hers.

"No no, not at all. Its a little sweet and a little savory, best served chilled. It has sweet pickles in it." He dipped a fry into some of the sauce and popped it into his mouth. "I promise to avoid spices that will hurt your sensitive nose."

He started to make the first bowfin like fish into cakes.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Axieva gave Rit a skeptical look, but she dipped a finger into the sauce anyway and tasted in, nose wrinkling. Not spicy at all, but indeed a strange mix of sweet, savory, and a little sour. She stuck out her tongue and scrunched her nose; while she enjoyed sweet things (a guilty pleasure!) it was the mixture of sweet and not sweet that confused her.

"Not terrible," she concluded, and, sitting down, she took up the untouched fish and took a large bite from it, right from the belly. Entrails dangled from the fish to her mouth, but after a bit of chewing she managed to bite through them. Licking her lips, she started to pick at the fatty skin and eat that first; it was full of oil and where all the best flavors were, as far as she was concerned.

"What are you doing to your fish?" she asked between bites. "It is perfectly good fish."

Aeytrious

"I have a feeling your culture lacks in the delights of culinary art," Rit said to Axieva as he removed the skin with a thin flexible knife. He didn't want to lose any of the fatty meat, just remove the tough scaly skin. He had already set the guts and head aside. The majority of the bones were  "I am crafting it into amazingly delicious cakes, with potatoes and other veggies, seasoned with an assortment of spices to enhance and compliment the flavor of the fish."

He smiled at her, knowing she could care less about that sort of thing. He'd do his best to find things that she liked and broaden her horizons with his multidimensional culinary experiences. He would get to experience her lifestyle first hand and share great food with her along the way.

"I'll share a bit with you since I don't actually need to eat. I'mma make a sauce out of the raw fish guts for you to dip it in too. I figured you'd like that."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Ah. Now this fish gut sauce. This sounds interesting," Axieva said as she chewed on her fish, spitting out bone now and then. When she had satisfied herself with the prime meat of its belly and consumed its oily liver, she moved on to her second favorite part--which was, indeed, the head. She ate the eyes first, enjoying the nutty texture, as she watched Rit work.

"Food in my culture is easy," she said, licking her lips. "We do not like burned meat like your people. Fire ruins the flavor. Fire ruins most things." But then she pursed her lips and tilted her head, licking some blood off her fingers.

"Most things," she repeated. "Fruit pie is good."

Aeytrious

On the fish cakes Rit had used a blend of spices that were cajun in style, but very mild, as not to offend Axieva's nose. Mixed with grated potatoes, carrots, and daikon radishes, Rit dipped the cakes in an egg batter before coating them in his spice mix and dropping them in his deep fryer. In the usual Rit fashion, when he needed something not of this world or era, he magicked it into being. A food processor that worked at the molecular level popped into existence and all the discarded fish parts, excluding the head, went in. They were quickly broken down to a smooth paste and dispensed into a mixing bowl. Done with the tool, Rit magicked it away again. To the paste he added achiote powder, powdered garlic and onion, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and thyme. A dollop of sour cream added just the right amount of tang, and cut the herbs enough that the earthy and woodsy notes would be present and not overpower the metallic and brine flavors that naturally occurred in the fish cast offs. The fish cakes were done frying at this point, so Rit plated most of them alongside the fish head, and the bloody sauce he'd made. He handed the plate to Axieva and began eating his own cakes, hush puppies, and fries, all with the thousand island sauce.

"Fruit pies? That sounds like a great idea." So many kinds of fruit in the universe, Rit got excited at the thought of making pies. First he'd start with Axieva's favorite, then he'd show her so many more options once he knew her taste. "What is the best fruit pie you've ever had?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: