Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waking From the Dead

Started by visualspice, July 12, 2013, 04:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Slipping out of the bulky breast plate, he set it aside and turned to Solita with a blush and smile.
"Thank you, you wouldn't believe how cumbersome that armor is." And his grin grew a little more as he took her in and the way the fire danced across her body and illuminated her hair.
"You look beautiful," he told her in earnest, though it might have seemed like an awkward thing to say just then, he meant it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita looked down, her face growing a dark red. She believed he felt that way, but doubted she actually looked that beautiful considering there was blood and mud streaked across her face. She reached forward, her hand gently caressing his face, "I'm just glad we are together, that we know both of us are safe."

visualspice

"What? Let me see the mage girl!" Zannrick was pissed. He couldn't believe it, and was glad to be in the area when this whole mess occurred. To think, General Serenus, of all people, was allowing a mage in camp!

"Zannrick, you're over reacting," the General said, following along beside the mordecai as they were making their way towards his office. "She's in my office as we speak. But her powers are with healing. She had saved my life, and that of another soldier's who ought to be dead. You know what the orders were about healers..."

Zannrick cast the General a scowl.
"I am aware of the orders. Just let me see her."

Pausing before his door, he gave a rigid nod before opening it nad as Zannrick stepped in, Killian stumbled to get to his feet.

"G-general Serenus!" And his face went beet red.

Zannrick, catching the soldier without his armor on turned a glare towards Serenus.

"I guess I forgot to mention this healer had some relations with that soldier?"

Zannrick scowled at General Serenus before strolling forward to inspect the girl. He glared at her sharply. "So you're the mage?" Noting her ears, he gave a 'tch', as his eyes narrowed. "She's not even human. How are we to get the men to even accept this?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita felt tears rush to her eyes as she turned her back to the other soldier. She had done nothing to deserve anything, not his words or his hate.
"Leave me alone," She spoke, her voice soft but surprisingly stern. She was growing tired of being lashed out at beaten and abused, she had been on the receiving end all of her life. No she didn't have the sass like she wish she had, like other woman she had seen, but she knew, if she was going to be thrown in with the Connloathian military, she would have to get a voice of her own.

visualspice

Zannrick, not impressed, let his lips curl towards the girl. And it was under his scrutiny did Killian step forward, his hand now holding Solita's.

"Please, if you wish to address her, I am responsible for-"

"Quiet your tone," Zannrick said with a glare, which immediately silenced Killian. "Do you not realize your rank soldier? Really, Serenus, is this how you keep your men?" And he cast a glare back to Serenus while Killian took a reassuring step nearer towards Solita, but in truth, he needed the small gesture of comfort as much as she did.

"Really, Zannrick," the general began. "You're being unfair. We just found the girla nd she's willing to help-"

"Tch, willing to help.." Zannrick looked the girl over before making a face at Killian. "And I bet she charmed you by saving your life. That's how they trick you, you know. Not that it matters. Her powers are useless with me around," he said with a irritated sigh and turned to look back to Serenus. "I'm sure you can make use of her, but I'll have to keep an eye on the girl while I'm here. Though it seems now, with our new addition, I might need to remain among your ranks for even longer."

And the General simply bowed his head at that. "Naturally."

paganchick

Solita was enraged by the way Killian was treated, she felt her blood boil in a way that, if she had any destructive bone in her body, she would have gone off.
Instead, she grabbed a nearly dead plant in the corner as the man she now mentally referred to as 'ass hole' spoke. The moment she stopped near it you could visibly see it perk up. She grabbed it and walked towards the Mordecia.

"I'm not a human, so your powers don't affect me the same. No, I can't heal like your general has seen me heal, but my presence alone is all that is needed to make things grow and heal," She spoke. Her voice was still rather soft, but stern, angry, the plant still slowly visibly perking up and turning green.
"Why do you hate people you don't know so much, I have never hurt anyone. But I've been hurt time and time again by ignorant people like you, by the sound of it its not me who is the monster, but you," She spoke, her face growing red as she felt hot angry tears filling her eyes.

visualspice

OOC: If my actions are not ok, I will rewrite my post- but Zannrick is terrible, and does not take sass from no stinky mage! Naturally, consequences :|

---------

If Solita thought she was angry, nothing fueled the true fires of hate than a mage speaking out against a Knight of the Grand Duke, and one of the spear heads of the demising destiny of mages. So when she dare proved herself against him, he back handed her quicker than lightning. As she toppled over, Killian was late to catch her, but dropped to his knees as he exclaimed, "Solita!"

"Keep your tongue, mage! You could hang for less!" and his voice roared and shook the room and as he moved forward, as if to strike the girl again, General Serenus's arm came down on the man's shoulder.

"You might be in a position near to the Grand Duke, but do not forget you are in my military base," the General reminded- and the point made Zannrick steel himself, but hte fiery rage was still evident within his ice blue eyes.

"She might be in your camp, General, but a mage is a mage, and her innocence is a matter of the church." Here, he glared at Serenus as he tossed his cape over his shoulder. "If you don't keep her in line, I will. I wouldn't cry if I had to leave you with a healing mage mute. It would only help our cause."

"Zannrick, your courtesy surprises me," The General said with a laugh. "Though I suspect you won't be laying another finger on the girl. After all, she agreed to heal the wounded, which is more than I can say for you. When is the last time you've gone off to battle?"

Zannrick shot a glare at Serenus.
"Do you dare challenge my place, Serenus?"

The General grinned.
"Not at all, just your manners. But really, there is no threat here when a woman saves lives. Save your hate for those who really need it."

"I can see taht I already have," Zannrick spoke between his teeth before he bowed rigidly to Serenus and left, and the room grew awkwardly quiet.

"S-Serenus... Will... Will that man be back to see Solita again?" Killian's words came out more shaky than he would have liked as he held onto the girl, keeping her close.

"Yes.. I think he might. But next time, we'll just have to be more prepared." Turnign to Killian he looke the man over. "Return tot he barracks and leave the girl with me. We don't need any rumors spreading. You can join her again come dinner time." And then noting the blood trickling from the girl's nose, Serenus reached into his pocket and drew out a kerchief and offered it to them. "Here.. for the bleeding."

paganchick

Solita hit the ground hard, though it didn't phase her as much as one would think, it wouldn't be the first time she was smacked to the ground. Once the man was out of the room she looked towards Killian, offering him a soft smile to show she was okay.

"I'm okay, my words were true so they hurt him, that is why he was so angry," She replied softly before reaching up and taking the kerchief nodding a soft thank you before dabbing the blood away. Though the blood didn't make much of a difference, there was still dried blood on her face from he short stint in the jail.

"I am sorry I have caused you any trouble sir," She spoke as she moved to her feet shaking her head slightly as she did so.

visualspice

Serenus chuckled.
"Don't think a thing of it. I'd be worse off were it not for you. I just pay my dues where they are owed." And nodded over towards Killian, he gestured towards his armor.
"And oh, soldier, next time you want to get intimate with a girl, try some place that's not your officer's quarters."

Blushing, Killian nearly dropped the armor he was scooping up.
"General, I uh-"
But Serenus's laughter helped ease the mood, and as Killian blushed, he still managed a smile.

"Thank you, General. I will keep that in mind next time." And he bowed his head and moved t leave the room, sparing just one glance back to Solita before he left.

paganchick

Solita's face tuned just as red, if not redder than Killian's. Worst of all she was going to have to stay alone with the general. She of course didn't think that he would hurt her, but she was always so socially awkward.

visualspice

Seeing Solita's awkwardness, the older man gave a chuckle.
"You look like a frightened rabbit!" Though the comment was in good humor, he took a moment to walk over towards the fire. Clasping his hands behind his back, he went quiet a moment before speaking again.
"At least it seems you know how to tend a fire. I'll have to keep close tabs on you while you're here. With one of the Grand Duke's personal mordecai.... you'll have to forgive me for the extra restrictions." He smiled again, another soft chuckle coming through closed lips.

"So tell me, girl. Are you originally a Connlaothian?" He felt the need to ask because of the obvious elven blood. The pointy ears gave that away.

paganchick

Solita reach up, her fingers running over her ears for a moment before moving her hair over them.
"I, I don't know, Connloath is all I can remember. I never knew my parents, I was told that they died before I was born, so I guess this is where I am from," Solita spoke, her eyes growing distant and sad.

visualspice

Serenus nodded at her response.
"I'm sorry to hear that. To lose one's parents is tragic, but not to know them- truly a terrible thing. I can only pray for you that things will go more in your favor, but with the war and now you being labeled as a mage, the road will be difficult indeed." But he smirked and looked her over. "But it seems you've found a wise man. Perhaps when things have settled, the pair of you can settle down somewhere. The Grand Duke hope sthis war will only last through the rest of this year."

But even the general knew that was impossible.

paganchick

"I am no strategist, nor military mind, but I don't think the war will be over that quickly, I think the resistance runs too deep, I think its simply too strong, the attack on the city today for example, if they can stage an attack like that, it is definitely going to take more than a year. You will always have mages, so the war will never truly end," Solita spoke softly.

visualspice

The General went quiet at her words. He said nothing to discredit nor approve. He simply kept his back to her and smiled at the fire. It was then there was a knock on the door, and when he answered, a man informed him,
"General Serenus! The men.. there seems to be a lot of disturbances in the infirmary."

"What? What do you mean?"

The soldier shifted his weight, but remained at attention.

"Sir, they say a lto of the wounded are suffering from nightmares and pain."

The General stared at the man thoguhtflly for a time before glancing over at Solita.
"Very well then, tell them we'll be sending in a healer."

"Yes, sir!" And the man stepped away while the general turned his attention to the young elf.

"Solita.. tell me.. are you willing to test your abilities now on our soldiers? I promise no harm will come to you, but if you can offer at least some assistance, and some relief, it might prove to that mordecai of your worth, if at least a little." and he added the last part with a soft laugh.

paganchick

"I am weak, so I cannot produce miracles, but I will go down there and do what I can general," Solita replied softly, suddenly she could do more for the suffering of the poor souls she was sure to encounter.

visualspice

General Serenus lead the way into the infirmary. Once inside, they were greeted by the wails and agonizing groans from injured and dieing men. Many lay on cots, others on the ground in piles of hay,a nd blood stained the cobble stone bricks and even, in some places, the wall. There was a doctor and a few helpers moving around to tend tot he wounded, but it was one man in the corner, suffering from fever and sweats that drew Serenus his way, and the soldier that drew his attention from earlier, waited. He saluted the general before speaking.

"General Serenus. This is one such man. There were others like him, but after fits of nigtmares, all of them perished. The doctor said there was nothing that can be done, that it must have been trauma that sent them into shock, and that trauma that's slowly killing them. So as you can see, this man now suffers from what seems to be night mares. See how he writhes in fits and spews none snese?" The soldier shook his head. "It's a shame" And curiously, he peered towards Solita.
"Is this? Is this the healer?"

The General nodded. "Aye. She is here to help. Let us see what can be done- Oh, and soldier, see if you can command the mordecai to remain out of this area. I don't want her powers hampered."

Fear lit up int he soldiers eyes but he nodded and obeyed.

"And tell him it's a direct order," Serenus added.

paganchick

Solita walked towards the man, her mind almost zeroing in on him, the screaming and moaning seemed to all fade away into the back ground. What a tortured soul the man had, she couldn't even imagine what he would have to see to put him in such a state. She kneeled down, brushing her hair out of her face so she could clearly see the man, look him in the eyes.

She slowly reached out, hesitant, she didn't know if she would be able to help him or not, she had never tested her powers against a mental wound. Her fingers brushed lightly against the mans temple, she felt an odd sensation, one she had never experienced before, one that slightly scared her.

visualspice

The moment Solita touched the soldier there was a noticeable cringe before his next reaction, which- surprised mst as he sighed away, almost to death. But instead of being dead, his chest raise and fell with breath. No, the soldier was very much alive- and Solita's touch had granted him some semblance of peace.

"Is.. is he dead?" the soldier asked.

Serenus narrowed his gaze and placed a finger to the 'dead' man's throat and confirmed it.
"No..." he drew his hand back. "He's alive. Just sleeping." His eyes went to Solita. "And a lot more soundly, it seems. He doens't appear to be in any pain."

The soldier's eyes went wide. "Truly?" He could not believe this- had this healer taken away his nightmares? The things that were driving the wounded soldier insane?

paganchick

Solita felt sick though, she felt it spread like a poison, it seemed she had taken on, in some form, the mans ailment. She became pale, the color washing away from her face. She stood slowly before leaning heavily against the wall. She felt what ever she had wash over her.

"I think I need to rest," she spoke, looking up at the general.