Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Melodic Meeting [Helvechar]

Started by Simon Rae, November 24, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Rae

Things had gone smoothly, and Simon felt (again) rather confident in his prowess as a Maoin. He cleared his throat lightly, examining the streets of his home, Suna. The air was slightly humid, not uncomfortably so, as his lithe form took languid steps on the broken roads. He placed a hand in his pocket, dark shirt bunched at his wrist to allow the action, and breathed deeply.

My mentor would be pleased. I dare to say I've surpassed him! A smile broke onto his effeminate features, and Simon shook his head lightly. Perhaps not. Iyael, with his age, has held the eye of that upper-class woman for a while now.

His dark green eyes turned skyward. "A day without rain."
The soft honeyed voice caught a woman's attention nearby. From the corner of his eye, Simon noticed and turned his head a bit to give her a half-smile. She reddened and smiled back, continuing to purchase a head of lettuce and pineapple. He chuckled. Maybe he'll have a new client soon? That's always a pleasure.

The over-whelming urge to sing tickled his throat, but Simon merely hummed. The hums release any pressured urges, which come frequently, and helped him hold off on wasting his songs until needed. It was barely heard over the light bustle of people, and he wondered if he should consider 'advertising' his vocal abilities one day. His lips pursed, The House wouldn't approve, I'm sure. I'll have to inquire whether it would be selfish of myself. ...Ah, but business is business; I think there won't be a problem, should I ask.

Klezmer Gryphon

Regardless of the fact that the people around him didn't want to associate with him, Helvechar played his fiddle. The rich, haunting tone of the song that weaved it's way through the streets was only part of it. His experiences, his feelings and woes all added fuel to the fire that was his music. This was his passion, and nothing else. Even as a small crowd started gathering, he did little to acknowledge their presence, save a friendly nod every now and again.

((OoC: The song Helvechar is playing sounds something like this))

Simon Rae

Simon's steps slowed as a haunting, entrancing tune permeated the very grounds of Suna. Now, as a Maoin he has heard a very vast amount of Thanati play songs. This... ah.. His green eyes closed and he paused mid-step to listen. It had a very clean tune that felt as if it successfully reached out and caressed his soul. As a Thanati, he appreciated the soul-soothing music and decided to find the source.

It wasn't difficult. He removed his hand from his pocket and brushed back his long crimson hair lazily. Well, that makes my search easier. A few buildings down there was a small gathering of people, most of all dark-haired natives. They stood around the music player, who Simon could not see at the moment. As he drew closer, a woman and her child walked away with smiles, leaving a place for him to stand.

Simon quickly took the spot with a few strides, and his dark eyes widened at the appearance of the fiddler. How unique. I've yet to find a man such as this. The tune was louder with Simon's new stand point, This is much more powerful up-close. His expression changed to one of serene comfort as he took in the fiddler's appearance more analytically- piercing, inhuman gold eyes, grey-brown fur, and proud wings on his back. The scene was something from an old story book, and Simon vaguely imagined that, yes: Surely someone has painted the scene before.

The Servus Daemon smiled at the fiddler, trying to show silent appreciation.

Simon Rae