Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crocodile on the Sand Bank

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She wasn't sure why she blushed. That in itself was embarassing. But she took stock, 'It's the alcohol.' which she hoped to prove by finishing her glass.
"By now I think I'd be Essyrni enough to know, but I suppose one can not help how they were raised. However, I am very interested in more to drink- though do you have anything stronger?"
She knew she'd need it to survive this outting.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

"You'll never be Essyrni, my dear. You are not of this land and nor were your parents before you. You can live your whole life here and learn all our customs but that doesn't make you one of us. No it is definitely best to protect your innocent eyes and ears from my whims lest you find yourself in quite a predicament."

Emyr smiled and wordlessly signaled for her request to be fulfilled. The slave darted off like a shadow and was at her elbow in no time with a dark amber liquid that he first poured into her glass then his master's. "Perhaps this would be more to your liking," the merchant prince offered, smirking once more with mischief dancing in his dark eyes. "That is of course, if you can handle it."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Evelyn was heated so much it turned her ears red. But she swallowed her pride thickly and snatched up her cup.
We shall see.

It was an inward jab but made evident in her eyes. But as she knocked back her drink, she coughed a little before she laughed and cleared her throat.

"Now that's a proper drink!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

Emyr snickered behind his hand, barely able to contain the sound and certainly not capable of hiding his oily smile. "Oh do forgive me, my dear. I never would have intentionally given you such an inferior drink had I known you were so displeased with my hospitality. How ever will I manage to reclaim my honor in your eyes?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

There was a glaze of anger as she looked at him, and a new swimming sensation rolling about inside her head. She was able to at least compose herself enough to sigh before taking another drink, this time, just a sip before she shook her head.

"Your hospitality suffices enough." She frowned a little, and felt soured all over. "It would be rude of me to presume to much over shut an occasion, as brief as this one might turn to be." She was already itching to get out of there. Instead, she had more to drink. The glass less than half full.

GoblinFae

"So then my honor is not threatened. Is that what you are saying, my dear? That would certainly be a relief it was." He smirked, already guessing at her intoxication level even as he motioned his people to fill her glass more. The more drunk she was the more fun she could be to him. Emyr was almost positive that at any moment, the woman would finally lose the stick up her ass and the sparks would fly. The impending inferno would be glorious regardless of what it burned in the process.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Her displeasure of his word choice (or just words in general!) was plastered all over her face. She gave a disgruntled sigh.
"I hardly believe anything for You could be threatened HERE." Her words were said with a bit more bite than she ought to have, but for the sake of things, there it was. And so was another drink of wine. "One should always feel at home in their home."
A notion that made one hand clench into a tight fist at her side, the other doing the same as she held onto her wine cup.

GoblinFae

"They should, shouldn't they? Is that why your family ended up here, because they didn't feel at home in their own country? I don't believe I ever heard the reason why your people came out here. Must be an interesting tale." Emyr signaled for her glass to be refilled as if he had not just thrown more barbs her was and was the most perfect host.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Emyr was a thorny, slimy, bastard of a man- and if her eyes could chew him out- oh how they would. But she wouldn't get a chance to really ream him out, for a loud clap of thunder startled her as she looked towards the window.

It was an omen- a very bad one. And storms were not likely in the desert of all places. They were more catastrophic here than most of the world- with little in the ground to soak up water....
Rains meant a flood, and unless you were on higher grounds, you could get carried away too in the sudden torrential flooding.

Evelyn hadn't realized she was standing and looked around before frowning.
"We should call it an early evening. It threatens rain."

GoblinFae

"Is that wise?"

Everything about his posture was relaxed and unfazed by the apparent impending storm. Already dark storm clouds were rolling in and flashes of dry lightening soundlessly danced across the sky.

"Would be a travesty if you found yourself just....swept away."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Whether it was his words, or her own apprehensions that stopped her, it may never be said, but she hesitated at the enclosing darkness. Storms weren't much of a threat up North, but here? They could easily bring death.

Her hands were clenched into fists, her entire body tensed, but even she wasn't so arrogant to chance her luck against a dessert storm. Sighing, she returned a heated gaze back to Emyr.

"I suppose I could wait it out with more drink."

Being drunk might at least make things more bearable.

GoblinFae

"By all means go though if you feel you will manage. Far be it from me to deny you a hasty exit. Who knows it will last this time. Desert storms after all, so unpredictable. Always dredging up the worst of the worst from the depths of the earth as all things fight to escape the oncoming flood."

He dabbed at his mouth as mouth as moved to stand casually. "Or shall I see to a set of rooms prepared for you though? You'll have to take care to check for fleeing scorpions before you sleep of course," Emyr chuckled as he claimed the entire decanter for himself leaving none for her refills and sauntered out to watch the oncoming storm from the safety of his balcony.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Oh the sort of words she chewed down for him from deep within her throat, unspoken. Such anger heated her veins and stained her cheeks red. But even she wasn't about to just let the anger explode, like the sudden on coming storm. No, oh no.  He just extended a stayed vacation in his home, a charge their kind take none too lightly. To host a guest in such a manner painted one's reputation for years. And colorful as her choice of words may be, she swallowed them down and waltzed lightly in a saunter to his side, arms folded casually as she too, looked out at the oncoming storm.

The swell of winds, the coppery, yet still dry taste of promised winds and the clearing of the moving airs had an uplifting affect, tickling her own heart and veins with excitement. And the way the clouds rolled in in great, powerful waves. And the subtle, tickling dance of colored lightning across the skies was almost...

A sudden, bright, blinding flash of light and cracked of thunder had Evelyn jumping near clean from her skin, and the crescendoing thunder after shook the very grounds around them, so much so that the light decor had to tinkle musically as it settled.

It was only as the thunder rumbled away to almost nothing did she realize she had jumped quite intimately close to her host, and nervously laughed as she took a polite step away.

"It's.. quite the loud thunderstorm."
Beautiful too, in its own intoxicating and mysterious ways. Her eyes were already back on the clouds, but her heart was still beating from that loud clap of thunder.

"I suppose the storm has declared itself here and you.." she went in, delicately clearing her throat, "I suppose have a guest who can't refuse such a.. hospitable invotation."
She forced a smile as she kept pale eyes trained to the skies.

And the world was becoming quite dark, and the swell of rain; eminent.

GoblinFae

Emyr side-eyed The Woman as she practically jumped out her skin and into his. "While I have indeed invited you into my home, I do not believe I had invited you into my bed, dear. But if that is what you prefer, I suppose that too can be arranged."

He smirked as he viewed her still from the corner of his eye, completely unbothered by the approaching storm or its chaotic display of lights and percussion.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Naturally, such words would cause for a haughty reply. Her eyes cut towards him, but she kept a smile curled upon her lips.

"Oh, whatever do you mean? Surely you would not presume I am the sort to invite herself to share a host's bed? I was only grateful you had given me the option of my own bed, I assure you."

How dare he presume! And openly! What a cad! She hadn't actually jumped into his lap! Simply.. Simply closer. Even still, her cheeks colored pink.

"Is there more to drink as we watch the storm?" She asked, enjoying the strong winds to cool off her face.

GoblinFae

"It is not I who presumes, my dear, when it was you who is all but climbing me and in my own house at that." He chuckled, a deep rumbling sound reverberating up from his chest while bringing the decanter up to his lips and drinking deeply from it directly.

"Are you going to drink me out of house and home? At this rate I worry I'll have need to carry you to your bed myself." All the same he offered her the decanter of the dark amber burning liquor to drink from as well.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

A single brow rose sharply.
Still your tongue, don't fuel him.
Still,  the winds felt wild, cool.. refreshing. She closed her eyes and just listened. That's when the rain came, a soft sound at first but then in a roar, the skies opening and plummeting all landscapes into water.

A harsh wind blew the rains upon them in a hungered maelstrom, causing Evelyn to gasp at the sudden assault of water. She all but dropped the decanter offered to her before rushing into a dryer perch, inside, peering back over her shoulders as her hair and dress hung tightly against her wet form, wondering if her host was mad enough to stay outside or was he going to join her where it was much dryer.

GoblinFae

Emyr grinned as the rain hit. A genuine, broad, expression of relaxation broke out across his face as he raised his arms out to the sides and let himself become soaked. His head fell back, eyes closed and mouth open to catch the cooling drops that splashed across his face and tongue. He laughed then as a crash of thunder boomed right overhead and a flash of lightning touched down within his courtyard. There was something beautiful and powerful about the unyielding wrath of nature. But, he did not a simple woman, not even one such as nature herself.

Only after turning slowly in the rain while still laughing did he finally return indoors, positively drenched to the bone in what was no more than a handful of minutes.

"Afraid of a little rain, dear? You shouldn't be, you're not that sweet."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

There was a certain, feral attraction as she watched the rains ravish the man's body, suctioning his clothing to himself like a second skin and plastering even his short cropped beard to his face. But it wasn't just his appearance that was do captivating, but his spirit. There was something beautiful and virtuous in the freedom birthed from laughter, danger, and the rain.

She had all but forgotten her own attire was slickened by the rain, not nearly as much as his torrential down pour, but enough to make the front of her white dress spotty, with translucency, and parts sticking closer to her own chilled body where the rain had assaulted her quick.

She clenched the decanter a bit more tightly as he approached, for she nearly dropped it as she was scrambling to get her thoughts to return to a sense of normalcy. But at his remark, she couldn't hide her smile as she shook her head and turned away.

"I hate to admit you are right." She sighed and took the moment to tuck back her smile,  to recompose herself- because heavens,  maybe she had too much to drink if she was suddenly attracted to Emyr.

She was of northern stock. The rains shouldn't be putting her as off guard as she was.

Or maybe it was something else entirely.

GoblinFae

He stared her down, taking in the splotchy fabric of her clothing and the hungry look in her eye as she fumbled with his carafe. Emyr was far more concerned with its safe return however than any amount of scheming or daydreaming she was caught up in, though he was not oblivious to it.

A snort escaped him with no attempt made to politely hold it back at her agreement. "If you seek pity, you will not find it here, dear," he commented, brushing past her to accept a towel from one of his slaves, using it to draw off his face then hair.

Emyr tossed the towel aside and held out his hand to her. "You can return my drink now. You've had quite enough."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]